Queen Jennah is the new Shiro Tagachi

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

The new magi-mechanical guards look very similar to what Shiro had at his disposal in Factions, so it could be true This whole new festival would be a lot more interesting, if 2 weeks from now we would learn about Jennah being evil, her forces trying to conquer Lions Arch or something similar. Not quite Elder Dragons but would be hell of a lot more interesting than the precious living story installments! Oh wait she could be a dragon servant, or perhaps being possessed by a dragon. (pls Anet give us something that feels more epic than playing Sims)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I noticed she still referred to the Charr as “our enemy” in the story instance..

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Shiro never had magi-mechanical guards.

He used mutants and zombies, more closer to the Risen. Even the Shiro’Ken were zombies, though you usually didn’t see it well because of the model details.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

What about some of the Shiro’ken. For example: http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/e/e9/Shiro'ken_Mesmer.jpg

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I noticed she still referred to the Charr as “our enemy” in the story instance..

AH! i was not the only one after all!

offtopic, theres some Digiacomo guy in the event also, wonder if is a easter egg from the old artist Digiacomo?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Shiro never had magi-mechanical guards.

He used mutants and zombies, more closer to the Risen. Even the Shiro’Ken were zombies, though you usually didn’t see it well because of the model details.

Shi’roken were constructs.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Construct

So yes he did.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

Must say there’s something not right about Queen Jenna. She can afford to build this HUGE pavillion but not to hire more guards to protect her subjects from centaur raids outside the city walls, and she takes advantage of a massive disaster wiping out a section of the city to free up the space for it. Kind of makes you think About Emperor Nero building his huge palace in the ruins of the fire that destroyed part of Rome. And yet despite her blatant disregard for the commoners, Logan loves her. And despite her constantly shooting down every suggestion he makes to her, and the fact she has no problem with the Countess’s having programed his history with Rytlock into the watchnight to unsettle him so he’d be more likely to loose.
I can’t help but wonder in light of her being a mesmer, if Queen Jenna’s controlling Logan’s mind somehow.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

Must say there’s something not right about Queen Jenna. She can afford to build this HUGE pavillion but not to hire more guards to protect her subjects from centaur raids outside the city walls, and she takes advantage of a massive disaster wiping out a section of the city to free up the space for it. Kind of makes you think About Emperor Nero building his huge palace in the ruins of the fire that destroyed part of Rome. And yet despite her blatant disregard for the commoners, Logan loves her. And despite her constantly shooting down every suggestion he makes to her, and the fact she has no problem with the Countess’s having programed his history with Rytlock into the watchnight to unsettle him so he’d be more likely to loose.
I can’t help but wonder in light of her being a mesmer, if Queen Jenna’s controlling Logan’s mind somehow.

Isn’t that a fact?

This was where Logan first met Queen Jennah and made a pledge to serve as her champion, being enthralled by her beauty. If ever Jennah was to find herself in danger, their magical bond would allow Jennah to call Logan to her aid.

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Would be interesting if Jennah was Scarlet and she is using Logan to chase some bogus plot while she devises a grand scheme for LA.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Actually, I realized something…what if Jennah was kidnapped again and a watchknight has replaced her? It was shown in the opening ceremony that it isn’t out of the question to create an exact replica of somebody Logan knows. If so, then things are going to get really hectic really fast.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I think at this point it’s safe to say that the conflict of this event will revolve around the illusions applied to the watchknights. Also, isn’t the Queen Jennah that is at the pavillion an advanced watchknight?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

Technically, she’s correct. The Flame Legion is still around, after all. I’m sure many Charr would look at the Separatists and say that humans were still an enemy to them.

Why you bein’ cute?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: innocent ouarior.1954

innocent ouarior.1954

C’mon guys. Jannah is nice, Logan is nice, Kiel is nice and no one ever thought she could ever not win the politics since Evon was the “bad guy”. Anet writers also did Carebears and Rainbow Brite, were you ever surprised, just once, by the personal story line?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Logan Kerberos.7062

Logan Kerberos.7062

Honestly, to me it looks like they tried to bring back Chronomancers from the unfinished Guild Wars: Utopia. :P

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:%22Chronomancer%22_concept_art_4.jpg

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Honestly, to me it looks like they tried to bring back Chronomancers from the unfinished Guild Wars: Utopia. :P

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:%22Chronomancer%22_concept_art_4.jpg

That’s interesting when taking into account the new weapons offered in the arena.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Shiro’ken didn’t have gears, cogs or sprockets. They were more like asuran golems, made out of floating parts.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Isn’t that a fact?

This was where Logan first met Queen Jennah and made a pledge to serve as her champion, being enthralled by her beauty. If ever Jennah was to find herself in danger, their magical bond would allow Jennah to call Logan to her aid.

Perhaps Jennah is Lyssa taken human form.

PLOT TWIST!

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Heh. that’s a funny idea. Of course, if we’re going there … are the Trees something made by Melandru, too?

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Isn’t that a fact?

I think the writers love that players speculate on that and they will never deny it, but they will never come true on it. They will never say she controlled him and they will never write a story utilising the control on him. They’re always going to write it off as “love sick” and let people speculate.

She’s not controlling him, but the writers enjoy it when people think she might be.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Unless these mechanical automatons have human souls inside trapped as a power and skill source to animate them, there’s not enough similarities between Shirok’en and them.

[…]

[…]

Lyssa is two people in human form.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

Unless these mechanical automatons have human souls inside trapped as a power and skill source to animate them, there’s not enough similarities between Shirok’en and them.

[…]

[…]

Anise and Jenna. Both Mesmers

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

As it is turned out, she’s actually a man.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Lyssa is one person, that liked to trick humans with illusions when walking with em on orr, once upon a time she was two humans (but probably before humans got migrated to tyria by the gods) named Lyss and Ilya.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

The Devs pretty much stated that Jennah and Logan’s affection is real and not the result of magical manipulation back before launch after Destiny’s Edge came out.

The Jubilee is as much a deplomatic statement as it is a celibration. Most of the other races of tyria have a opinion that humanity is a fading power on the edge of extintion. Thats not good for humanity’s position deplomatically with the rest of Tyria. The Jubilee and the Watchknights are to try and change that opinion.

The Charr in the Jubilee are Flame Legion. Note there are human bandits too. Jennah is one of the Treaty’s authors and greatest supporters.

Jennah is also pretty reserved. Shes been struggling to hold power while constantly being undermined by a corrupt ministry.

Do remember the great collapse used to be the arts district so it was to a large extent venues for the arts anyway. There would have been people living there but not as many as in the other sections of the city. Plus, they had to build something there. They couldn’t just leave a huge sinkhole and a damaged outer wall.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Do remember the great collapse used to be the arts district so it was to a large extent venues for the arts anyway. There would have been people living there but not as many as in the other sections of the city. Plus, they had to build something there. They couldn’t just leave a huge sinkhole and a damaged outer wall.

They could have filled it in and rebuilt the Canthan…I mean “arts district”.