Queen's Jubilee is ruining Open World.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I can’t find anyone to do anything with because everyone is doing that event. Nobody wants to do open world anymore because the event is faster exp and better loot.

Whatever happend to exploring and trying to expand the world, I hate events like this because they do nothing but ruin my immersion, I feel like the game is a circus (also thanks for putting stupid balloon rides everywhere, really fun to see a lot of the best spots devoid of anything completely ruined by a stupid human on a gazebo, if I were an evil NPC I would of just killed him.)

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Or maybe because most people are already at 80.
I’m already at 80 and with lots of objective to go for. Explain to me why I should roam around and kill grawls with you?
Whatever happned to expand the world? exactly, that’s because the world is expanding, you don’t see alot of people in one given area.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gmr Leon.1846

Gmr Leon.1846

I’m already at 80 and with lots of objective to go for. Explain to me why I should roam around and kill grawls with you?
Whatever happned to expand the world? exactly, that’s because the world is expanding, you don’t see alot of people in one given area.

It’s not expanding, it’s shrinking as people hit 80 and go to the farm for nothing. All that’s happening is they’re moving the farm around rather than making a bunch of plantations.

Grydd, asuran engineer perpetually gathering materials.
Member of The Archivists’ Sanctum [Lore], a guild for lore enthusiasts.
The Adventurer’s Log!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

A lot of the awesome places are .. well ruined.

Attachments:

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Soronthar.7236

Soronthar.7236

This is a celebration. It is kind of expected that people will stop what they usually do and go to the festivities to enjoy.

Just wait two more weeks, and things will get back to normal.. which means the rest of the open world will remain more or less empty while Queendale and Wayfarers have a lot of people running around, people return to farm Fractals and Dungeons, and WvWers are finally back to the borderlands (even if on my server this weeks has been the same as ever).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

This is a celebration. It is kind of expected that people will stop what they usually do and go to the festivities to enjoy.

Just wait two more weeks, and things will get back to normal.. which means the rest of the open world will remain more or less empty while Queendale and Wayfarers have a lot of people running around, people return to farm Fractals and Dungeons, and WvWers are finally back to the borderlands (even if on my server this weeks has been the same as ever).

with the two week rotation only a few people have time to anything other then the living story.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

The OP has a valid issue though in that the game design/architecture choices made for Guild Wars 2 are creating a population problem where none need exist. For the MMO areas in Guild Wars 1 (ie the towns), the population in each language region (USA-English, Europe-English, Europe-French etc.) was only segmented when there were more players than a single District could support. So if there were only twelve English-speaking European players in Shing Jea Monastery, for example, then all twelve of them would be in the same District and able to play together rather than being divided up into twelve empty Districts.

Whereas in Guild Wars 2 players are permanently segmented into Worlds, meaning that any region not called Orr, Queen’s Jubilee or the Troll Cave will be empty most of the time even if there are actually dozens of people playing in it.

Still, at least an artificially empty zone is better than the insufficient-server-capacity clusterfail that is Crown Pavilion.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

The one problem I have is they are almost always sticking stuff in the none event areas like these ballons, pirates, illusions etc etc. It completely kills the atmosphere the area. It is ok with like normal Holidays but its far too often. I wanted level up but I refuse too cause I will be running into stuff that kills it for me, I am an RPer.

Also 2 weeks is just too much. The game is no longer casual and not because of stuff being hard, because there is too much stuff to do and with a time limit on it. x.x

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I think that’s one of the problems with the GW2 end game. It leaves out the open world with the exception of Orr/Southsun and the new champion rotations. You can explore the open world all day and you won’t make as much as someone who chain farmed in the Pavillion or ran champion routes in a zerg. When your goals are to acquire gear, lodestones, weapon skins or gold, there is no incentive to explore every nook and cranny of the open world. Karma is almost worthless, DEs are devoid of unique rewards, you can’t acquire unique items from unique locations, everything is just some silly RNG gamble which promotes efficiency over exploratory gameplay.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

I think that’s one of the problems with the GW2 end game. It leaves out the open world with the exception of Orr/Southsun and the new champion rotations. You can explore the open world all day and you won’t make as much as someone who chain farmed in the Pavillion or ran champion routes in a zerg. When your goals are to acquire gear, lodestones, weapon skins or gold, there is no incentive to explore every nook and cranny of the open world. Karma is almost worthless, DEs are devoid of unique rewards, you can’t acquire unique items from unique locations, everything is just some silly RNG gamble which promotes efficiency over exploratory gameplay.

That could solve the problem: make a level 80 character get level 80 loot regardless of where that character is in the game (rather than getting say lv12 drops most of the time, with maybe a 1/10 chance for level-appropriate loot). If the concern is a drying up in the supply of items for levelling on TP, then make it optional: when you spawn in a zone you get a one-time choice of ‘level loot’ or ‘zone loot’ which is active until you leave the zone or relog (so basically the same way Hard Mode worked in GW1).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Just wait two more weeks, and things will get back to normal.. which means the rest of the open world will remain more or less empty while Queendale and Wayfarers have a lot of people running around

Exactly what they said. ‘Empty’ zones are not a new problem. They have been around since, I dunno, maybe 3/4 months after release? I don’t remember. The Queen’s Gauntlet hasn’t made everywhere empty, it’s been empty for a long time.

Admittedly, the Deadeye gold mine depleted the amount of people dungeoneering or what not, but the good thing about dungeons is you can do them across servers. Zones aren’t, so no matter if there’s one person playing from every EU server, you’re all on your tod because you’re on your server and they’re on their’s.

| Lithia |

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Agreed. For the past few days I’ve given up dungeon runs, boss events, and even dailies to farm the gauntlet since it gives orders of magnitude more gold than any other activity in the game. I thought I’d do my daily today and the usually full Fire Elemental boss event was almost empty. He normally goes down in less than 30 seconds, but today it was different.

I’m willing to bet everyone’s at the crown pavilion farming. Not a good thing at all.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I feel you, OP. At least it will be gone at the end of a the month. And only be an annual thing.

One month of Halloween coming soon. xD

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: yoshoken.9432

yoshoken.9432

Welcome to MMOs. There will always be empty zones once people reach max level. They were empty before this event, and they will remain empty after this event has passed.

Basically what you want is for ANet to force people to join you in the Open World. What was it again? For your “immersion”. Why not join an Role Playing Guild and LARP with them instead. The rest of us will be farming towards our own goals.

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

?………. they do nothing but ruin my immersion…….

I like the Queen’s Pavilion.

/sarcasm on
Sorry I’m ruining your immersion.
/sarcasm off

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

The one problem I have is they are almost always sticking stuff in the none event areas like these ballons, pirates, illusions etc etc. It completely kills the atmosphere the area. It is ok with like normal Holidays but its far too often. I wanted level up but I refuse too cause I will be running into stuff that kills it for me, I am an RPer.

Also 2 weeks is just too much. The game is no longer casual and not because of stuff being hard, because there is too much stuff to do and with a time limit on it. x.x

You want zones to always be the same? This is part of the dynamic world Anet is trying to create.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

The attitudes of other people “ruin” things far more than temporary content ever could…

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

seriously? the balloon is what’s ruining gw2
not the horrid faceroll that is the queen’s gauntlet?

it’s non-permanent content, there’s only 2 in each map
it encourages veteran players to actually visit some maps they’ve been shrugging off
and at the very least it offers some semblance of storyline

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

You want zones to always be the same? This is part of the dynamic world Anet is trying to create.

Changing it from satellite dishes, to holograms to pirates to ballons in farmer Joe’s field isn’t that awesome of a change.

Now what was done with the Great Collaspe was, too bad I missed it QQ

(edited by Meriem.3504)

in Queen's Jubilee

Onshidesigns.1069

Changing it from satellite dishes, to holograms to pirates to ballons in farmer Joe’s field isn’t that awesome of a change.

Now what was done with the Great Collapse was, too bad I missed it QQ

This Living Story will take places over months. Holograms, sky pirates, sky merchants, balloons are a small part of the overall storyline.

The Great Collapse was only a way to cover up scraped content. This update is better than a hole in the ground.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

This has been the most lucrative update put into the game, can you really blame people for wanting to make money while they can instead of grinding out in open world right now? It’s not going to last forever, have some patience, the game isn’t just about you.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lemaign.3529

Lemaign.3529

This has been the most lucrative update put into the game, can you really blame people for wanting to make money while they can instead of grinding out in open world right now? It’s not going to last forever, have some patience, the game isn’t just about you.

But that’s precisely the problem. Content like this rewards people for confining themselves to a small area of the game and mindlessly zerging for hours. That shouldn’t be the most attractive thing about a game. Anet always preached about how anti-grind they wanted GW2 to be, so why are they releasing content that encourages grinding?

I know they were trying to get more people out into the world by introducing the balloons, but it doesn’t work well. People show up get their chest and leave, and then those zones become empty and boring again because they have absolutely no reason to be there.

Anet needs to give us a reason to stay out in the world. There are so many beautifully crafted environments that just go to waste because you only have to explore them once, and then there’s no reason to go back. They need to introduce some good, permanent content that makes players want to park themselves out in the world in various locations.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

That could solve the problem: make a level 80 character get level 80 loot regardless of where that character is in the game (rather than getting say lv12 drops most of the time, with maybe a 1/10 chance for level-appropriate loot). If the concern is a drying up in the supply of items for levelling on TP, then make it optional: when you spawn in a zone you get a one-time choice of ‘level loot’ or ‘zone loot’ which is active until you leave the zone or relog (so basically the same way Hard Mode worked in GW1).

Wait…I get plenty of level appropriate loot in lower level areas (close to 50% I would estimate). Now they are NOT ALL my exact level but are nearly always within 2 or 3 levels. If I am missing something in what you are suggesting, please enlighten me.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Slanderous.2586

Slanderous.2586

Wait…I get plenty of level appropriate loot in lower level areas (close to 50% I would estimate). Now they are NOT ALL my exact level but are nearly always within 2 or 3 levels. If I am missing something in what you are suggesting, please enlighten me.

The most prevalent thing that would need scaling from this situation would be the bags that are dropped. You will see level 80 white, blue, and green items a lot of the time when killing a level 40 mob or whatever, but what you won’t see is a Heavy Loot Bag that can drop Tier 6 materials.

I personally don’t agree with the notion that they should switch this around though, because low level areas would become massive zerg farms for tier 6 bags. The only people you’d see in the end game zones would be the Orch/Omnomberry farmers.

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

This Living Story will take places over months. Holograms, sky pirates, sky merchants, balloons are a small part of the overall storyline.

The Great Collapse was only a way to cover up scraped content. This update is better than a hole in the ground.

I don’t mean to be rude but this make no sense in why you even posted this cause it has nothing to do with the origin concern I expressed.

in Queen's Jubilee

Onshidesigns.1069

I don’t mean to be rude but this make no sense in why you even posted this cause it has nothing to do with the origin concern I expressed.

You are looking at each of those things as separate. But they are all linked in the overall LS. You have to fit the pieces together to understand the story.

On your other post you think unique events kill the RP atmosphere. You just have to work around the game if you want to RP. The game can’t remain static and safe just for RP’s.

in Queen's Jubilee

Meriem.3504

You are looking at each of those things as separate. But they are all linked in the overall LS. You have to fit the pieces together to understand the story.

On your other post you think unique events kill the RP atmosphere. You just have to work around the game if you want to RP. The game can’t remain static and safe just for RP’s.

You are not getting it -_-