Queens Gauntlet feedback

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

Pros:
- Its “hard” and “challenging”

Cons:
- Not instanced makes it lag and delay like mad because 10000000 people are zerg farming 2 inches below your feet.

- Really bad design of arena makes camera being stuck up your kitten 99.9% of the time. Game is out for a year and they still don’t realize that there should be no activities in small rooms because of the god awful camera.

- Making players wait up to 4 times longer than they often fight inside is kittening absurd

- Kicked out dead and make players run from waypoint every single time for 2 minutes to queue up for 10 minutes is messed up. Seriously? Isn’t the broken armor and kittening entry ticket enough?

- It often bugs out with spawning 2 or more foes inside instead of one you chose.

- Fights are timed. Nothing that involves skill should be timed, its either do or die, not some artificial “hard” caused by lame timer. It renders most condition builds useless because they are time dependent.

- Gambits are often stuck in arena making it unplayable.

Now to sum it up:
If it was a player only instance without zerg under you farming, without god kitten lag and delay, and kittening camera up my kitten all the time, this “hard” activity wouldn’t be hard at all.
So far it is worst implemented activity i have taken part in, and I hope, for the sake of everyones nerves, it will never be repeated like this again.
I just don’t understand why Anet forces small tight kittened up rooms for something like this when they know camera is kittening terrible. And why suddenly change activities from instanced to the middle of the kittening lag infested area.
This whole activity just makes people mad, not because its hard, but because its poorly implemented.

Dear Anet, pls be kind and remake this into a single man, deserted island, no walls, no zergs farming under me instance where I can actually enjoy in the content without unnecessary lag, delay, bad camera and kittenload of other issues that just render this potentially good activity kittening awful.

There, let it off my chest. Feel free to discuss, like, share, subscribe, leave a comment, add to favorites and keep it civil.

Cheers!

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

And reward for gambits is kinda silly( edit: too LOW and not compelling enough) considering that it is not something everyone can do.

(edited by Lighthammer.3280)

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

Things I would like to see changed:

-Remove the root from throwing orbs at Liadri
-Make the arena floors solid as to show red circles more clearly
-Be revived at the ringmaster if you lose a fight
-Make using Gambits more profitable. Right now you get 1 extra box per gambit, so the return of tickets to boxes is always 1 to 1.

I am very impressed with the everything else! Keep it up.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fransson.7910

Fransson.7910

I hope this is an aspect of the game that will be expanded on in the future. I really like these one-player bosses
So far, I haven’t read up on any of the bosses but I have still gotten as far as to the guy who sniper you, on my necro.

There is no waypoint rezzing in real life,
but there are people who will help you get back up when you are downed
- PalwaJoko

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: beastie.4536

beastie.4536

The massive zerg running below us really ruinning the experience. I love the fight, the challenge with different boss but sadly graphic lag kills me constantly especially with “Suriel the Blaze”. it’s not like i dont know how to fight her but due the the lag sometime it’s hard to dodge at the right moment when she cast the spell which instantly down the player. Also the camera is really annoying sometime all i see is my own butt and culling is bad when we have zerg group right below us when the fight start i cant see the boss at all… why cant anet make this a seperate instant and make it more enjoyable for everyone. Great idea, fun 1 on 1 fight but badly designed.

Mike O’Brien: "We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Yeah, the Queen’s Gauntlet should have been in a separate instance – preferably solo.
RIght now, if you die and no one’s there to res you, you have to run back which takes around 2 minutes.
Also, tickets are only there to artificially lengthen the game.

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’m not usually a fan of these sort of elite challenges, but I have to say I’m impressed how well they pulled it off considering balancing it for their combat system must be a pain. It was nice having to think about about my build too (and not, like in GW1 have to spend hours going through millions of skills to find a good set). For me, it put the simplified skill system in a better light and shows promise for making future bosses.

The bugs are annoying though – I don’t think I can add anymore to what has already been mentioned here.

I’m in two minds over the instancing though. I like having the viewing platform and watching skilled players at work. I think putting it in a different area away from the zerg below would have been much better.

The zerging in the pavilion below really needed a way of having less people. I’ve had massive skill lags, stuck loading screens, characters stuck in limbo unable to be played. For those of us w/o the highest end connections and PCs, we’ve been locked out of peak time play.

Other than, I’ve been enjoying the content. I had a great view in Queensdale on a hill, overlooking a balloon with an aetherblade ship rising in the background. THAT was cool and finally gave that “living world” feel this concept has lacked in open world.

Oh, and gauntlet has filled my swear jar real quick

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kaphei.7096

Kaphei.7096

And reward for gambits is kinda silly considering that it is not something everyone can do.

You like being rewarded for doing easy tasks? That’s why console games nowadays have achievements for “kill your first enemy” and “booted up the game for the first time!”

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

And reward for gambits is kinda silly considering that it is not something everyone can do.

You like being rewarded for doing easy tasks? That’s why console games nowadays have achievements for “kill your first enemy” and “booted up the game for the first time!”

Most of these super-easy first achievements exist to get you to buy the game when you try the demo. It’s the carrot on the stick.

A good mix of achievements, both milestones and exceptional or alternative accomplishments, are what I prefer.

The two examples quoted above would server as a reference, a starting point, for all of the other achievements. This is when you first started to play the game. A really complex achievement system could use this to calculate the exact amount of time it takes you to complete certain achievements in relation to other achievements in the game.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

(edited by GamerOnline.3650)

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

That’s why there are rewards. Not everything should be doable by everyone.

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

You’re not being logical with this statement.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Pros:
- Not in Lion’s Arch
- Temporary substitute to speed clears (until Orr becomes this)
- Great new skins
- Dat wallet
- Interesting story ties perhaps brought together soon
- I’m making tons of money :p

Cons:
- Promoting the zerg
- Epic inflation
- Non-instanced gauntlet
- Removal of splitting gold

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I’m enjoying them for the most part except two things: Getting instant gibbed no matter how much hp/toughness I have and not being able to immobilize them. Seriously, why do I have net shot when I can’t use it when I need it the most >.>

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Pretty much everything is stated here is accurate.
I seriously hope Anet can make the red circles more visible no matter what content they make in future.

The biggest issue for me was the red circles on the wire mesh…+ waitting around wasting time when i have tickets.
Also one last thing, If a dev cant beat it, dont expect your player base to beat it.
I would like to see a Dev beat Liadri after throwing 8 orbs on her, if this is not doable by you, it is not doable by us. While Im all for difficulty, I dont approve impossible content.

(edited by ZilentNight.5089)

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I am enjoying it.
I thought it would be really really hard but so far midway t2, it has been fun.

I really enjoy watching the other players fight too and it is interesting to see the different classes, builds and strategies that people use.

I have had no issues with red circles or the players below causing lag so I really can’t complain at all.
can’t wait to get to t3.

The only thing I can grumble about is the soulbound tickets since I am doing it on my Ranger and if I run out I’ll have to go get some more and I don’t like the zerg but that is really minor since killing things in the pavilion makes you quite a bit of gold.

Gunnar’s Hold

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

I really hate the required grind for entrance tickets. With all the bugs and issues not to mention gambits requiring even more tickets this is even more frustrating.

I enjoy skill based fights and figuring out how to beat an enemy but to grind for the “privilege” to do that in lag infested boring zerg battles that then also affect my performance above… no thanks.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Buggy, poorly implemented, even Duffy.net calls it a work in progress!

A lot of Queens Jubilee content is buggy (Runes, Sigils, Dailies can’t give the right info, etc, etc.), very very sloppy. I think this 2 week content is wearing on the developers, as well as the players.

Any one know what the Sigil of Bursting does? Description is Wrong!

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Impact.6213

Impact.6213

The gauntlet is hard, and I find that fun and challenging. However I agree with the OP as it shouldn’t be timed. With not having exotic gear, I dont have comparable stats to kill people really quick so it takes time for my conditions to dwindle them down. I find this totally unfair, Ive tried every build that I could think of to do the boss I was on (chomper and his meat carrying master) and I just cant do it. I also think its the dumbest idea to make it where thieves cant stealth in some of the fights?! I mean really that’s what thieves do. Its kind of a bummer, I spent so much time and money on trying to finish this and now I realize that I just cant I don’t do enough damage to complete it in the time frame allotted.

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

oi i only managed to defeat 2 of them the 3rd one is the tornado lady and i get just thrown around like crazy. my mes does not have much stability so….i gave up

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

The only issue i have with the gauntlet is that Liadri destroys my pet in 3 seconds which is stupid, no other prof gets their prof mechanic removed in the fight i don’t see why rangers should either.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Impact.6213

Impact.6213

The only issue i have with the gauntlet is that Liadri destroys my pet in 3 seconds which is stupid, no other prof gets their prof mechanic removed in the fight i don’t see why rangers should either.

Ummm you can’t stealth in some of the fight including liadri, which is a thief’s main mechanic, they pick apart some of the classes and leave alone the others, its also not a surprise that warrior and guardians are the only classes that have a easy time at this. Anet balances it around them as they are the most played classes, and that means less complaining from the majority.

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: SoapandMirrors.4069

SoapandMirrors.4069

Pros:
- Really bad design of arena makes camera being stuck up your kitten 99.9% of the time. Game is out for a year and they still don’t realize that there should be no activities in small rooms because of the god awful camera.

I absolutely agree with everything you said but this issue in particular baffles and frustrates me to no end. How on Earth did this arena design pass testing? Seriously, the game has been out for nearly a year and there are countless threads on these forums complaining about the broken camera in far less stressful situations than in this fight and they chose to make the arena into a dome that constricts the camera to the point of unplayability if you’re anywhere even close to the edge? How did this seem like a good idea? You’re practically blind in about two thirds of the space of the arena. To top it off, some of those white vortexes spawn right on the edge, actually forcing you to go into an area where visibility plummets to near zero. I agree that this is the most poorly designed content they have released so far.

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Durzlla.6295

Ummm you can’t stealth in some of the fight including liadri, which is a thief’s main mechanic, they pick apart some of the classes and leave alone the others, its also not a surprise that warrior and guardians are the only classes that have a easy time at this. Anet balances it around them as they are the most played classes, and that means less complaining from the majority.

Uh this is false, you can absolutely stealth in every fight, i should know, i have a stealth of my own, and have used it several times, so i have no idea what you’re doing wrong here.

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Judge.9523

Judge.9523

Agree with everything you said. And not only that, Gauntlet is absolutely riddled with bugs and glitches. I’ve had the following:

- Getting sent in to an arena with another player fighting different bosses
- Getting sent in to the arena with another player fighting the same boss (you both die if one of you gets killed)
- Getting stuck in to an arena with nothing to fight and no time limit to kill you (must log out)
- “Your match starting soon” alert appearing and I never get sent in to the arena
-Stuff from a previous player’s fight staying in the arena when I enter. For example I’ve had Subject 7’s oozes and the sniper’s mines linger inside the arena when I enter to fight the last boss.

It’s honestly baffling and disgraceful how broken and unimaginative this event is.

Uh this is false, you can absolutely stealth in every fight, i should know, i have a stealth of my own, and have used it several times, so i have no idea what you’re doing wrong here.

I play a thief and I’m fairly certain some fights, not all, block your stealth completely

(edited by Judge.9523)

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Durzlla.6295

@Judge, which fights? Because i used a longbow in all of them and used my stealth to drop aggro in every fight to gain distance with the exception of like 2 (Solar Flare woman and Fire Asura)

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Judge.9523

Judge.9523

@Judge, which fights? Because i used a longbow in all of them and used my stealth to drop aggro in every fight to gain distance with the exception of like 2 (Solar Flare woman and Fire Asura)

Just tested, and at least the pirate crew blocks stealth completely. I’m fairly certain there’s more of them but I dont have any more passes to try this right now.

Liadri doesn’t block stealth though. Managed to beat her and I used Shadow Refuge during the fight.

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I tried it twice last night since I couldn’t even find where I was supposed to go for it in the short time I had to play on Tuesday night, so one complaint is that it’s way too far away from everything else and hard to find.

The other is that camera sucks, it killed me the second time. I didn’t play around with it much after that because the only option I had was to fight the same guy for a 3rd time, which seemed silly since that didn’t really get me anywhere the first time I beat him, so I just went back to farming the legendaries. Maybe I’ll try to figure out how to play a different opponent tonight…
So yeah once again maybe there could be better instructions rather than me clicking on the name of a fighter, the dialog box disappearing and nothing happening?

(edited by rizzo.1079)

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Durzlla.6295

Just tested, and at least the pirate crew blocks stealth completely. I’m fairly certain there’s more of them but I dont have any more passes to try this right now.

Liadri doesn’t block stealth though. Managed to beat her and I used Shadow Refuge during the fight.

I was pretty sure one of the pirates in there is the reason for the stealth block, then again i could be wrong i was throwing traps and barrage out too often to get them all down in time to really be able to stealth there.

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

i am not impressed i hate it and hope to see no more of this type of content in the future i could go on and list the many reasons why i dont liek but its allready been said by many others

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Helequin.2608

Helequin.2608

Going to have to agree with the OP. I love the concept of the guantlet, but the ticket gating and running back after failing are really annoying.

Worse though, are the three critical issues:
1. Lag from the farming zerg below can make some fights unplayable. It’s silly to have to fight this when we know Anet can make single player instances (Canach).

2. Small room means the camera will be less than friendly. Again, we should be fighting the content, not the controls.

3. The queue and time limit. Again, artificial gating shouldn’t be needed, and because of the queue there now needs to be a time limit. Goodbye anyone who plays attrition style combat. This is just silly in a game that encourages build diversity (supposedly) and already has more than enough content where Zerk is best. Make the content of the fight challenging, rather the sticking an arbitrary time limit on it.

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: overEnd.2947

overEnd.2947

Agree with all OP said, couldnt have written it better.

The gauntlet is a great idea executed horribly, however i really want to see more of ideas like that in the future

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Yasha.2974

Yasha.2974

I finally beat Liadri the Concealing Dark, and I see there an achievement for hitting her with 8 orbs now, lol good joke I am not doing that.

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: chewienl.9804

chewienl.9804

i’d say remove the damage on gear when doing gauntlet, specially after my 70+ tries on liadri it turns into a gold sink.

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: LePokemonDoctor.7025

LePokemonDoctor.7025

Pros:
- Fights are timed. Nothing that involves skill should be timed, its either do or die, not some artificial “hard” caused by lame timer. It renders most condition builds useless because they are time dependent.

My personal experience says otherwise. Running Mesmer with Precision/Toughness/Condition gear, I was concerned the time limit would be a deal breaker for me. I ended up doing ALL fights up to Liandri (haven’t tried her yet) without ever changing neither build, weapons nor utility, and most of them under 1min.

Only one fight was a close call and I finished it while announcer was doing the final countdown, and this was due to the bug preventing me from switching weapons. Conditions dps is heavily kitten in group, in solo it’s way more than decent.

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

All true.

The worst things in this are all non-skill related.

Most of the issues I have with it are stuff like my camera getting stuck behind my character at the height of its waist, models not appearing, (invisible whirlwinds are not fun), a stupid timer that yells “HAHA, YOU NO BERSEKER GEAR!” and stuff like that.

I should be fighting in the area with combat mechanics, not with models and economy.

This should have been in the mists, so people can play it with PvP characters and make all the quick changes in their gear they may need, and so it’s split from the Farmodrome downstairs.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Camera and Lag issues ruin the potential fun of the Gauntlet

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: matjazmuhic.1649

matjazmuhic.1649

Overall I liked it and I agree that some things need improvement as previous posters stated.

Here’s my post from earlier about what I like and I don’t (Feel free to comment there also): https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/Finally-ArenaNet-has-done-it-Gauntlet-rocks/first#post2626399

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chronos Khan.4539

Chronos Khan.4539

I enjoyed the Queen’s Gauntlet to an extent. Had some near close calls that kept me on the edge of my chair. However, Liadri’s fight is, in my honest opinion, a wrong step for the game’s future. I hope NOT to see cheap 1 shot kill bosses in the future. I learned a lot from the fight after 150 tickets but have yet to complete it due to:

1. Lag/skill lag: Biggest problem for a lot of people. I get on early to take her out, but when a lot of people show up and start their farming of events, it really kills on the timing of specific skills or dodging red circles of doom. And you guys are getting rid of PvE culling? I hate to try this after next week’s patch.

2. 1 Shot Kills: Honestly, if there was an obvious 1 minute charge that 1 shot kills you that’s ok, you have plenty of time to dodge or avoid it or whatever. It just sounds like a poor decision was made in the office as they looked up the “How to Make Boss Fights Hard” book. The red circles are fine, I know how to dodge these after fighting Subject Alpha 1,000 times in CoE, but at least they let the players off with 1/4 of their health and a crude lesson not to stand in them. Point I’m trying to make is, soften up on either the circles or the visions.

2.5 That ^$$%$#$##@# White Hole that is DIRECTLY on the corner of the dome.

3. Que Times: I really don’t want to wait in line for these fights. I have my food buff on and its ticking away precious amounts of time. Along side you have farmers who are taking up space as well farming God knows what.

4. Time Limit: I didn’t really have a problem with the time limits on these fights, just some intense parts here and there, but managed to kill before the floor drops into lag hell.

5. Camera + Small Room = Bad Experience: I’m kinda iffy on the whole camera thing, some times I can see just fine, other times I am up my charr’s behind. Make…the…room…bigggggger.

6. Crystal pick up time: Way too slow to throw. I think that a automatic hit would have been better instead of targeting and throwing it wasting time on the vision coming to blow up.

Things that I liked:

1. Wallet. Thaaaaank you for whomever came up with the idea for the wallet. Very convenient for players and hey free bank space to put my 20 black lion kits in lol.

2. Event farming AKA the exo bags: This is a nice touch to get a few extra items and silvers, I don’t mind the DR on champs/legendary bosses. Also enjoy how getting t6 mats are a lot easier than farming Orr or any other specific place in game.

3. More dungeon gold: After completing a dungeon, a gold piece plus the daily grab. Nice, but I fear with inflation hitting, items will be a lot more. We will see how this plays out.

How to fix Liadri:
Just giving my 2 cents on how to fix Liadri up a bit for post 8/20 patch.

1. Red circles do a set amount of damage:
P1: 1/4th of the character’s HP
P2: 1/2 of the character’s HP

Would give people a reason NOT to stand in circles and make people learn their lesson. Plus would make gravity balls less of a hassle to deal with.

2. Liadri’s HP down by 5%.
Not that much of a fix, but if I’m fighting what appears to be an evil mesmer of sorts, i expect her to have less HP than what she has already (AKA light armor). I don’t know the value of her HP but yeah, just a little bit off the top.

3. Platform color to a dark grey.
It’s not much of a complaint of mine since I watch where I’m going, but the dome’s color of the grate is blending in with everything lol.

4. Instance the fights.
Making a separate instance will give players a reason not to complain about the lag or the events going on underneath. And when players fail to beat the boss, a prompt can ask the player to retry the fight or leave the arena. This would cause less to lose gold due to waypoints and your que time will be instant. Also, it would encourage players to possibly buy more tickets.

The self proclaimed mayor of Lion’s Arch
watch my GW2 vids at:
youtube.com/valentinogames

(edited by Chronos Khan.4539)

Queens Gauntlet feedback

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I, over all, kind of liked it.
Main things I hate:
1) Having to wait to start the match
Why not give us the choice to do it in an instance or noninstance?
2) Having to either run back or wait for a rez?
Why not have us start in the downed state if we failed? Or have a free
waypoint thats up in the upper ring?
3) Temporaryness

4) Kitten Camera
normally its not a problem for me in regular world, except a few JPs, but here
its just a really pain, especially with ones you have try to track several things
(like Chomper and Liadri)
5) Time limits, kinda
It kinda forces us to take a zerker build to complete them. (I also don’t really
like timed things anyways)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)