Queens Gauntlet needs to be instanced

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Right now, playing Queens Gauntlet is not fun. I am not speaking about the insane challenge, just about the way how you get to the fight in the first place.
Right now, 90% of the time you are just waiting. Even with just 2 other players, you barely play, you just wait to play. And you can`t do anything while waiting because you will get no indication of transportation. Only a barely noticable chatline a mere second in advance. You spend minute after minute with your eyes glued just to the chat window. This is NOT fun gameplay. This isn`t even gameplay. When waiting for dragon spawns at least I can read a book. There are audible indicators of any events. Here, I have the option to be either bored or instantly downed. That doesn’t have a lot of incentive to make me even want to try. I want to play and challenge myself, not watch the chat.
Here is how it should work:
Make it an instance for every single player, have the NPCs inside. Once I sign up, transport me forward inside the arena. No waiting, no boring.

Bonus: The announcer needs to shut up!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vermillion.1429

Vermillion.1429

I honestly found it enjoyable watching others progress or fail through the arena while having downtime in between matches. It really makes it feel like an actual gladiatorial arena and gets you with the community.

This is an MMO, you shouldn’t be doing everything alone.

in Queen's Jubilee

Meluna.1764

First, this is single player content so it is designed to be done alone. Second I’m not doing ANYTHING which was the whole point. I’m just standing there. And other players watching me just to pray I die as fast as possible so they don’t need to wait any longer. How is that playing together? How is that anything other than anoing? Either have me wait while knowing when I need to react or not have the boring waiting part at all. It isn`t necessary. Also not in an MMO.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aliron.9165

Aliron.9165

I already posted this in another thread, but felt it’s pertinent here.

Have two diff types of instances, one where you have to wait in line because you want to watch the fights in front of yours, and another where it’s solitary.

in Queen's Jubilee

Meluna.1764

I already posted this in another thread, but felt it’s pertinent here.

Have two diff types of instances, one where you have to wait in line because you want to watch the fights in front of yours, and another where it’s solitary.

That would be the optimal solution. I fully agree. Since you need the NPCs outside the arena, there would still be a save spot for watchers. And they could even get closer, right now you can barely see anything, not even life bars.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

If they do the solitary, REMOVE THE kitten TIME LIMIT! Seriously, the time limit only serves to force people to basically go glass cannon just to beat the bosses in time to succeed in this gauntlet.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

Making the gauntlet fights instanced would also solve the lag issues that have ruined it for me. I can’t deal with these fights that require precise timing to avoid one-shot attacks when ambient lag from the whole pavilion being more packed than Shing Jea Nine-Rings ever hoped to be, is throwing off tells and animations. How am I supposed to avoid an attack that kills me before its animation plays?

I do appreciate being able to watch other people’s fights while waiting but at the very least the gauntlet arenas should’ve been in a separate zone from the zerg arena.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I really enjoy watching the fights while watching the arena below, too. It’s a cool area. I appreciate the OP’s frustration though. Not sure how to solve it and keep both.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

If they do the solitary, REMOVE THE kitten TIME LIMIT! Seriously, the time limit only serves to force people to basically go glass cannon just to beat the bosses in time to succeed in this gauntlet.

Bull. I don’t build my toons to be glass cannons. And I can do it. Learn the fights.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Bull. I don’t build my toons to be glass cannons. And I can do it. Learn the fights.

I did. I had to switch to GC just to kill certain bosses before the time limit was up, because my usual trap build wasn’t pulling it off fast enough.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald