Queens gauntlet trivialized by zerker

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: zexion.5842

zexion.5842

Once again, content is trivialized by zerker geared spec players.

Every fight in the gantlet is faceroll easy if you are full zerker spec. You will kill the bosses (and they can be CC) before their mechanics even go off.

If you are a warrior or ranger you can even signet/invul so you can ignore the bosses completely and just zerg down every single fight in seconds.

The only exception to this is the final boss during phase 1. Phase 2 you can just kite her with range and she will go down in no time.

Anet when are you going to make content that is NOT trivialized by berserker gear? How about you nerf berserker gear? I think +crit damage is out of control a bit.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Nerfing berserker gear really isn’t the solution here.

Nerfing the one shot kills on the other hand. I’d want to pack vitality or toughness if it actually did something useful for me during these fights.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Yeah there should really be no 1 shot kills….maybe an attack that leads to another attack that leads to a 1 shot kill if the other 2 hit you. Would make vit and toughness mean a lot more

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

wow, not bad of you to be able to kill all mobs within the few seconds of invuln you get. I’m running full zerker on most of my classes and every fight takes quite a bit of time. I’ve tried this exact thing with strugar, just going at him with 100b + #3 while invincible. I shaved off a solid 10% of his health in that time!
how did you manage to do 10 times the damage I could get out? I’m really interested in your build and gear. obviously your zerker gear has way better stats than mine, so please, do tell, where did you get it, oh mighty zexion?

sorry, but this event is not trivialized by zerker gear, it only favours it because of the time limit. apart from that it would be a lot easier with tanky gear.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

snip

This. Infact I couldn’t do some gauntlets with full zerker build because I needed stuff like Stability.

Gauntlet is much easier on condition Thieves than it is on zerker Warriors.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Donner.6293

Donner.6293

Nerfing berserker gear really isn’t the solution here.

Nerfing the one shot kills on the other hand. I’d want to pack vitality or toughness if it actually did something useful for me during these fights.

That’s the problem with pretty much all the (more or less) challenging content we have seen: No matter how much defensive stats you stack: it simply doesn’t pay off in the end. You still have to rely on movement, evade, block and invulnerabilty, because you can’t take all the damage. Sometimes you may be able to take a few hits more, but this comes at the cost of killing much slower. And with bosses attacking rather slowly, you always end up taking more damage than if you just burst them down.

But this is nothing new, there is and was no pve content where running a tank build on the long run comes with any benefit. The sad thing is now that the gauntlet mechanics with the ridiculous time limit punish such builds very hard and you are pretty much forced to run a full dps build now.

But obviously this is how ArenaNet wants you to play their PVE content and so you can’t really say zerker gear trivializes it but you have to say that you kitten yourself by running tanky gear. And yes, running a condition burst build is even better than zerker, because the 25 stack limit is pretty much no problem when you play solo.

(edited by Donner.6293)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Yeni.3507

Yeni.3507

-snip

Every fight in the gantlet is faceroll easy if you are full zerker spec. You will kill the bosses (and they can be CC) before their mechanics even go off.

If you are a warrior or ranger you can even signet/invul so you can ignore the bosses completely and just zerg down every single fight in seconds.

The only exception to this is the final boss during phase 1. Phase 2 you can just kite her with range and she will go down in no time. -snip

Youtube it or it didn’t happen, over-exaggerate much?

Plus If I remember correctly, first guy to finish the gauntlet use Engi and he is not zerker build.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Meh I did it with condition spec necro and that was almost trivial.

Being skilled at reading and having eyes that work are what’s overpowered in this game, everything else is inconsequential.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I did last boss also with melee zerker war. She melted in about 15 seconds after shield went off.

I guess I can do a video at some point.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

Being skilled at reading and having eyes that work are what’s overpowered in this game, everything else is inconsequential.

Lulz! Truth.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Agree with Donner. The bottom line is that ANet obviously does NOT want a strong “Tank” mechanic in the game so to be successful, one needs adapt to that mandate.

(Go Offense!, Meh Defense)

How the heck can equipment trivialize content? Do you seriously think that one set of equipment is responsible for some players to be able to blow thru this content?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances