Remember When Content Made People

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Closer?

Cuthroat politics made people rage at each other who’s going to win. Then when the other won everyone spams up each other in rage and insults

Queen’s gauntlet made people, fight for que que, complain, get insanely frustrated, die with usually no revive, brag, insult players with “lack of skill”.

Remember the glorious super adventure box? That brought people closer in laughter, it was hilarious walking into that portal reliving your childhood games. We need content like that again, and flame and frost was wonderful too.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

We need SAB… I am waiting for it every new update announcement. Really, Anet, you ought to open SAB for more than only one month per year. It would be best if it stayed open 24/7/365

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: pavo.4371

pavo.4371

Super Adventure Box was one of the best updates. 1-5 people coop fun. Not too easy, not too hard. Easily accessible. That is now being switched with 1-5 insanely unbalanced Candidate Trials, and this crazy gauntlet. They could have put it in pvp, so people could spectate from first (third) person view. Its so easy. No Queue, no complaining, people sharing experiences and no lag.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

I remember in “The Future of Living World” video, Colin said that “The Super Adventure Box is something that was popular and that we can bring back anytime we like.” and I thought to myself: Shouldn’t players be able to access it whenever they like?
- SAB isn’t something that needed to be temporary. I saw no reason to remove it, yet they did (at some point, I think we’ll be all the more happy to see it again this way, but still).

When it comes to Living World, it hasn’t really intrigued me since The Razing and Retribution. After that it has only been somewhat disappointing, storywise that is.
- I actually looked forward to the Southsun stuff, getting back there and see how it would change, maybe some establishments and new dynamic events and some Tasks (hearts) to do, but alas no.

- Storytelling-wise, I think that the way they did it in The Razing, where one could solo or join up with some friends to do it, was one of the best ways of doing the Living World content. Top it off with some Temporary Dynamic Events to get the whole community playing together and you’ve got a pretty decent MMO coctail.
- I would like for some player choices, if I were to add to it. Charisma, Dignity and Ferocity as for different ways of altering one’s adventure.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

I just remember GW1 Hero’s…and then began my career as a soloer.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Agree. We need content to bring people together instead of dividing the playerbase into casuals vs elites then rage at each other.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Maybe how the living story will end, we all wake up in super adventure box, and all of it was just a horrible nightmare dream :O

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: koolmutt.9827

koolmutt.9827

This was probably one of the best updates since the introduction of fractals

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: HumaCarrionEater.8254

HumaCarrionEater.8254

I haven’t experienced any of this. On TC there was a lot of hilarious pseudo politics but no one was being actually serious or hurtful about it that I saw. QG also I have never seen anyone trashing each other. I like to just stand there and watch the Liadri fight, and the only frustration expressed was players expressing it about themselves, not each other.

Closer?

Cuthroat politics made people rage at each other who’s going to win. Then when the other won everyone spams up each other in rage and insults

Queen’s gauntlet made people, fight for que que, complain, get insanely frustrated, die with usually no revive, brag, insult players with “lack of skill”.

Remember the glorious super adventure box? That brought people closer in laughter, it was hilarious walking into that portal reliving your childhood games. We need content like that again, and flame and frost was wonderful too.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

It was purposely ridiciously childhood, it’s based on old video games, when games were first made they were more happier, think like mario, banjo kazooie, sonic. Which makes super adventure box more original, if they made a super adventure box based on games kids play today you’d shooters shooters and more shooters which are horrible games. Lighten up and have a sense of humor, but i respect your opinion.

You missed the point. He’s saying that while SAB was liked by some players, it was not enjoyed by all universally. Some GW2 players do not like jumping puzzles; others hate how immersion breaking it became to see those pseudo 8-bit skins in their world. I personally am fairly indifferent about it and did not indulge in it a great deal.

The point is that if you do not like something, there’s no reason to complain about it or ask for its removal. Some players clearly enjoyed the Queen’s Arena and what it offered.

To add onto this I shall quote Moto: “Think outside the box!”

Seriously, don’t just think about yourself and how YOU felt after these changes. Think about how other people feel. I understand that Liadri is hard for a Warrior who’s used to pressing 2 keys. I understand that Super Adventure Box is hard for people who don’t normally jump (eye hand coordination in a 3D environment). I understand that you want to make a difference in a game. I understand that by making a difference in an MMO, you’re fighting one another.

I have enjoyed EVERY release in this game EXCEPT Lost Shores (because I stayed up all night waiting for it, then passed out at 11AM. I managed to do the Ancient Karka, but it was laggy. The reasons why I didn’t enjoy it was because of ME. I know that I should have gone to bed to enjoy it. I know I should have been ready for mass Overflows. I wasn’t. That’s MY fault. I didn’t mentally or physically prepare myself for an event which was announced.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

I’m glad SAB is not year round, for the same reason I am glad that Christmas is not everyday.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: thispoetdies.8370

thispoetdies.8370

My friends list grew 5+ people from doing the gauntlet. I honestly feel like I bonded with these people, and we had a lot of fun cheering each other on. i have not had this much fun in a long time.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I haven’t made new friends from the Gauntlet, I know what thispoetdies is talking about. When I was trying to complete the Candle in the Wind achievement with my Ranger, I got lots of sympathy and advice from the 2 or 3 players sharing the queue with me whenever I activated RaO too early/too late. They laughed along with me when my pet managed to kill Kieldia on my very last sliver of health after already reviving myself twice. Likewise, we also cheered each other on or offered sympathies whenever we failed or succeeded in our respective efforts. One Necromancer tried at least 6 times to beat Salzar before finally succeeding, and rolled the Ravenous crew on her first attempt. Another Asura died multiple times against Liadri, but we were there to pick him up after each failure.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Hate the Gauntlet, but if you want fun and togetherness, just runn the Jubilee events in the Pavilion. Zerging through Legendary fights that last about ten minutes each. So much fun. Reviving downed companions, two or more chests, extra kills, lots of skillpoints for level 80 levelups. I can’t remember a more entertaining way to spend my time online. Just wish my lowbie upleveled alts could actually participate in the fights without getting slaughtered immediately. Their gear just doesn’t translate well to level 80.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

you remember when people find content to bring them together to make money? cough farms *cough*cough* then a-net destroys it?
so people become elitists and run quick dungeon paths with zerk builds that would be horrible anywhere else.
and the group is labeled bad players if there even 30 seconds behind.

a-net has stopped the notion of working together, when they destroyed farms because they want you to buy gems.
something changed after the christmas event and it wasn’t good.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Wish Super Adventure Box was here permanently. Wish the Queen’s Gauntlet was added permanently. Wish they both had leaderboards split by professions for various tasks you can do in either.

For SAB it wouldn’t need to be split by profession of course, and for the most part it’d be speedruns I guess, as don’t really see what else one could track and create some friendly competition around.

But for the Gauntlets, they could do tons of leaderboard categories. Fastest clears for each of the bosses, most meats denied to Chomper, most orbs thrown at Liadri, longest survivor (if they removed the timers anyways), and a lot of other things. I’m happy to keep playing something over and over if it has leaderboards. It’s fun to duke it out with your friends about who is the best at this and that.

Add a few new encounters for the QG every so often, and you have a little game within the game that people can do at their leisure. Flesh out and complete all zones for SAB, and we have some oldschool gaming fun that can be done when wanted, not just for a short period of time where you all too quickly burn yourself out on it, knowing it’s there for just a little while.

Some will burn out and it may lose its charm after a while, but that’s the case with all games. GW2 is no different, at some point, every single one of us playing this game, as much as we may love it right now (or not), will burn out and find the game has lost its charm on us. Does that mean we quit for good? Nope, probably not, but no constant rotation of things are going to change that fact; All games gets “boring” in the long run, you do take breaks, only to come back and enjoy it again for a period of time. Making stuff available for a limited time won’t change that, adding new content every two weeks won’t change that.

Some of us will fight the urge to take a break, others will just take a break. We all go through it though.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

you remember when people find content to bring them together to make money? cough farms *cough*cough* then a-net destroys it?
so people become elitists and run quick dungeon paths with zerk builds that would be horrible anywhere else.
and the group is labeled bad players if there even 30 seconds behind.

a-net has stopped the notion of working together, when they destroyed farms because they want you to buy gems.
something changed after the christmas event and it wasn’t good.

That didn’t bring everyone together, there were always people moaning that content was being blocked by farming. And then people would become hostile, which is kind of another problem.
But overall, anet’s not that great at bringing everyone together, see gw1 luxons and kurzicks. some people took that way to seriously.