Requesting video of devs finishing liandri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kronus.6048

Kronus.6048

So apparently the new content might go this way from now on, so I would be more than happy to see devs doing this content themselves with a video attached. It would be very nice to know how fun they found it after finishing it, assuming they can do it, preferably with a Charr/Norn and one of the underpowered classes like ranger

(edited by Kronus.6048)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

+1
Next video stream should be made about the gauntlet and tips/ideas/tactics related to boss fights. I want to see a dev completing Light Up The Darkness achievement.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

The problem is they don’t have a benchmark in mind when they make challenging content. They throw it out there and say if ANY class can do it that they should all be able to. I want to know if they think all challenges should be equally difficult for each class. If so, they need to do some work.

Get Robert out there on his ranger, I’m sure he’d be glad to school us all.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Queen's Jubilee

Kronus.6048

Personally I’d be happy if they accompanied every new content that is similar with a vidoe of a dev doing it. It would show us that the devs really care about the players and don’t just add random buffs to bosses for the sake of it

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Oreki.9507

Oreki.9507

I think you missed the stream, in which they tried some bosses and previewed the event for the player base, and making difficult content obviously doesn´t mean they can do it, because the player are investing tons of time in playing the content, the Dev´s have other things to do. And they said they had 50 alpha tester for this event which tried liadri only 4 of them made it. If you know the ropes Liadri is doable with any Class, there are some videos on youtube where some players do some of the bosses gambits on/off which were twitterd by the official gw2 page to help some players out. Change up your Trait-Build, your gear and weapons if Liadris achievement is to hard, it´s an try and error boss after all.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

if devs balanced a game around whether or not they were able to do it, this game (and any other game you might think of) would be far, far easier than it is.

you don’t like liadri, and didn’t enjoy her fight. other people did. not all content can please everyone, and the devs most definitely should not be wasting their time recording and editing footage just to please the QQers, when they have actual work to do.

if they want to do so on their free time because they enjoy putting videos up, or because of a community livestream, sure, but don’t ask devs to stop working to show you that yes, this content can be done, when there are people that have done exactly that for them on the internet.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Queen's Jubilee

BrunoBRS.5178

I think you missed the stream, in which they tried some bosses and previewed the event for the player base, and making difficult content obviously doesn´t mean they can do it, because the player are investing tons of time in playing the content, the Dev´s have other things to do. And they said they had 50 alpha tester for this event which tried liadri only 4 of them made it. If you know the ropes Liadri is doable with any Class, there are some videos on youtube where some players do some of the bosses gambits on/off which were twitterd by the official gw2 page to help some players out. Change up your Trait-Build, your gear and weapons if Liadris achievement is to hard, it´s an try and error boss after all.

i think the “only 4 made it” thing was referring to trying her with gambits or something, not “just” being able to defeat her.

in Queen's Jubilee

Kronus.6048

i think the “only 4 made it” thing was referring to trying her with gambits or something, not “just” being able to defeat her.

I sincerely doubt it. Even without gambits she is a pain thanks to the challenge only requiring 3 things: DPS, vitality and condition removal. Also the reason why I want devs to try their content is in order to see their mistakes like the dumb camera and many other issues. As for me not liking to fight her, it’s not quite so. I didn’t hate the fight itself,but rather the inconveniences like the camera,not very visible circles, high hp boss, long walk if you run out of time or if you don’t get ressed, laggy thanks to the arena being in a huge zerg farming area and so on. The idea of content is to have fun and I sincerely doubt those factors made liandri fun at all.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

If i could +1000 i would.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

They could just record one of their testers doing it and say a dev did it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aedil.1296

Aedil.1296

+1 i want this with ele…..

in Queen's Jubilee

BrunoBRS.5178

I sincerely doubt it. Even without gambits she is a pain thanks to the challenge only requiring 3 things: DPS, vitality and condition removal. Also the reason why I want devs to try their content is in order to see their mistakes like the dumb camera and many other issues. As for me not liking to fight her, it’s not quite so. I didn’t hate the fight itself,but rather the inconveniences like the camera,not very visible circles, high hp boss, long walk if you run out of time or if you don’t get ressed, laggy thanks to the arena being in a huge zerg farming area and so on. The idea of content is to have fun and I sincerely doubt those factors made liandri fun at all.

dps and vitality?

funny, i went with DoT and vigor maintenance instead, with a low CD heal, and it worked. maybe the problem is that you’re spending more time complaining about liadri and less time trying to figure out why you can’t?

oh and as for the “only 4 made it”, i looked up, only 5 testers did her WITH 5 GAMBITS ON.

in Queen's Jubilee

Kronus.6048

dps and vitality?

funny, i went with DoT and vigor maintenance instead, with a low CD heal, and it worked. maybe the problem is that you’re spending more time complaining about liadri and less time trying to figure out why you can’t?

oh and as for the “only 4 made it”, i looked up, only 5 testers did her WITH 5 GAMBITS ON.

If you look on youtube here is a warrior that killed liandri in 2nd phase in less than 5 seconds, so even if he adds 5 gambits, five warriors could do the same thing. Other classes cannot dish the same amount of damage as the warrior in this time. I heard many times that ‘’but warrior only has dps’‘, but the way I see it, the future content is going toward the direction of ’’it’s 95% about dps’’, so yes I am concerned .

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lunaire.5827

Lunaire.5827

I support this, and also want to add to it —

Also require the Dev who designed this to record and display each and every time they fail, and how frustrated they get while playing it. Maybe then they will learn that video games are meant for fun.

in Queen's Jubilee

Miflett.3472

I support this, and also want to add to it —

Also require the Dev who designed this to record and display each and every time they fail, and how frustrated they get while playing it. Maybe then they will learn that video games are meant for fun.

They sure have a way of putting the F-U, N fun.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Yeah, but not only the people who actually did the design work and thus know all the tricks to it. I’d actually like to see a live stream of Colin trying to complete it, on Live, no cheats, no help, his own personal account, with ANet giving $10,000 to charity if he can’t do it in twelve hours.

I have a feeling the effort would turn even his smile upside down…

(edited by Fiontar.4695)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ryan.2758

Ryan.2758

I beat it on my charr engineer running grenades. Now if thats not bad camera angle I don’t know what is, but it’s certainly doable with a charr, and not once did I think when I’d fail that it was due to my camera angle, but rather I wasn’t good enough yet.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

In addition to the OP, I would like the videos to be made on a live server, where we can watch them enduring the agony of having to queue to enter, every time they fail.

That’s what ruins the experience for me, frankly. Yay for queues.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: wiazabi.2549

wiazabi.2549

+1 for that.

The whole achievement part of this is abit annoying if.

If an achievement is super hard for X class+race but super easy for Y then shouldnt it mean more for the harder class or should the achievement be easier for that class so they kinda equals out in difficulty?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Maybe then they will learn that video games are meant for fun.

It’s ironic to read this, and go to the other topic about a guy who loves to grind and farm complaining that he doesn’t like Liadri… Video games are meant to be fun, not meant to be a grind or a farm. Rewarding time spent is bad, rewarding skill is good. I think some players are angry with this boss because they got used to having everything in the game through mindless grind, but have now hit a wall when faced with content that requires skill.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lynie.6437

Lynie.6437

It’s ironic to read this, and go to the other topic about a guy who loves to grind and farm complaining that he doesn’t like Liadri… Video games are meant to be fun, not meant to be a grind or a farm. Rewarding time spent is bad, rewarding skill is good. I think some players are angry with this boss because they got used to having everything in the game through mindless grind, but have now hit a wall when faced with content that requires skill.

Word.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: AppleHack.7340

AppleHack.7340

Looks like someone is having a hard time beating a certain boss.

in Queen's Jubilee

Miflett.3472

This content is challenging for all the wrong reasons, is what most people are having a problem with.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Queen's Jubilee

AppleHack.7340

This content is challenging for all the wrong reasons, is what most people are having a problem with.

There’s only three legitimately “wrong” reasons:
1. Hard to see circles. (This can be fixed by adjusting your monitor settings but still a bad technical error.)
2. Round edges of the arena screwing with your camera angle
3. “Lag” caused by zergs. (Because changing arena to one at the opposite side is so hard.)

If you are going to cry about one hit abilities or something then i’m sorry to burst your bubble but you are just bad.

in Queen's Jubilee

Kronus.6048

1. Hard to see circles. (This can be fixed by adjusting your monitor settings but still a bad technical error.)
3. “Lag” caused by zergs. (Because changing arena to one at the opposite side is so hard.)

If you are going to cry about one hit abilities or something then i’m sorry to burst your bubble but you are just bad.

quote where I complained about one hit ability?

in Queen's Jubilee

AppleHack.7340

Note the “If you are going to…” part. It does not imply that you did something and i only gave it as an example because that seems to be one of the biggest thing that people who dislike this fight complain about.

in Queen's Jubilee

Kronus.6048

Note the “If you are going to…” part. It does not imply that you did something and i only gave it as an example because that seems to be one of the biggest thing that people who dislike this fight complain about.

Personally I don’t care about the 1 hit ability rain or shadows,I like them. My issue is with liandri’s high hp, time limit, clunky camera, circles that are barely visible, lag(obviously when 70 people are farming in the same tiny map), time wasted to run there, repair needed after every fight which adds up.

in Queen's Jubilee

Miflett.3472

You almost got them all:

- Poorly thought out optimizations of putting an arena needing absolute responsive controls above very intensive events.
- Camera issues with taller characters like norn, and the general issue.
- Orbs unable to be attacked by ranged damage, making the fight harder than intended for ranged weapons.
- Hard to see AoE with unnoticeable animations above the character.
- Unnecessary queue, die, runback mechanic crippled with a ticket system that doesn’t belong there in the first place.

Now whether or not someone can overcome this is besides the point. If you want to make challenging content your first goal should be making it as smooth as possible. That “lag” is very real.

Continue telling people how bad they are when these difficulties vary widely between classes and client performance. There is way too much smug on these forums towards people who want real challenging content, not just a layering of gimmicks to make something artificially hard. Even as someone who has beaten it can tell its not really a quality piece of work.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

(edited by Miflett.3472)

in Queen's Jubilee

AppleHack.7340

Personally I don’t care about the 1 hit ability rain or shadows,I like them. My issue is with liandri’s high hp, time limit, clunky camera, circles that are barely visible, lag(obviously when 70 people are farming in the same tiny map), time wasted to run there, repair needed after every fight which adds up.

Her HP isn’t really that high. I was able to do her easily with my clerics geared engineer and guardian.. Time limit has to be there for various reasons.
Waypoint being too far away, hardly visible AOE and camera are the only valid concerns here and in my opinion they are quite minor at that.
Even tho having to run all the way from the waypoint is annoying you should try to grab a guildie or a friend to do the Gauntlet with you and he will be there to ress you. Repair fee is a good thing.
If you are lagging it is most likely caused by your old computer or bad internet connection and you should not be expecting to beat the harder content of this game on a toaster.

You almost got them all:
- Poorly thought out optimizations of putting an arena needing absolute responsive controls above very intensive events.
- Orbs unable to be attacked by ranged damage, making the fight harder than intended for ranged weapons.
- Unnecessary queue, die, runback mechanic crippled with a ticket system that doesn’t belong there in the first place.

So your real problem is with where the fight takes place and how you access it?

(edited by AppleHack.7340)

in Queen's Jubilee

Kronus.6048

Her HP isn’t really that high. I was able to do her easily with my clerics geared engineer and guardian.. Time limit has to be there for various reasons.
Waypoint being too far away, hardly visible AOE and camera are the only valid concerns here and in my opinion they are quite minor at that.
Even tho having to run all the way from the waypoint is annoying you should try to grab a guildie or a friend to do the Gauntlet with you and he will be there to ress you. Repair fee is a good thing.
If you are lagging it is most likely caused by your old computer or bad internet connection and you should not be expecting to beat the harder content of this game on a toaster.

Summary of what you just said: ‘’I finishing it therefore anyone else pointing mistakes just QQ for the sake of it’’. Now thanks to players like you arenanet will continue to release buggy and glitchy content until all the casuals/average players leave and until they have to close the game because most of the hardcore players do not have any reason to buy gems since they already farmed/played the TP and the game will bring no income.

in Queen's Jubilee

AppleHack.7340

Summary of what you just said: ‘’I finishing it therefore anyone else pointing mistakes just QQ for the sake of it’’. Now thanks to players like you arenanet will continue to release buggy and glitchy content until all the casuals/average players leave and until they have to close the game because most of the hardcore players do not have any reason to buy gems since they already farmed/played the TP and the game will bring no income.

If you honestly believe anything that you said just now i recommend that you seek professional help.

in Queen's Jubilee

Kronus.6048

If you honestly believe anything that you said just now i recommend that you seek professional help.

It’s a fact. The biggest diamond buyers are casuals/average players. If those players leave, there won’t be anymore income coming in which means loss of money.

in Queen's Jubilee

AppleHack.7340

It’s a fact. The biggest diamond buyers are casuals/average players. If those players leave, there won’t be anymore income coming in which means loss of money.

So, you are saying that because there’s one boss in the game which your average casual player cannot beat he will quit the game and never play it again? Even when that boss is a very minor part of that patch?

in Queen's Jubilee

Miflett.3472

The problem with casual vs hardcore comes in mostly when players don’t have the opportunity to pick when they want to attempt something. We’re in the development cycle of do it now, or never be able to do it again, which in my opinion, cheapens the achievement system greatly. More consideration needs to be made for other classes as well; consider a mechanic that disappears in these fights in two seconds flat like ranger – or one who needs time to deal damage like a necro.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

You almost got them all:

So your real problem is with where the fight takes place and how you access it?

Yes! Precisely what I was going to say. Just to add to this, if you turn off post processing, you can get a bit of a better view.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Queen's Jubilee

Chopps.5047

The problem with casual vs hardcore comes in mostly when players don’t have the opportunity to pick when they want to attempt something. We’re in the development cycle of do it now, or never be able to do it again, which in my opinion, cheapens the achievement system greatly. More consideration needs to be made for other classes as well; consider a mechanic that disappears in these fights in two seconds flat like ranger – or one who needs time to deal damage like a necro.

The content will return next year according to my understanding of the devs high level schedule as revealed by Brohansen in a recent interview.

in Queen's Jubilee

Miflett.3472

So, you are saying that because there’s one boss in the game which your average casual player cannot beat he will quit the game and never play it again? Even when that boss is a very minor part of that patch?

Do you not understand that this is a common concern going forward, and not at all related or confined to the current content?

Don’t trivialize this. By the sheer amount of posts on the forums, it does seem as though some don’t like the path of action we’ve steered into.

You have a right to think your way just as much as others have a right to view it their way. Openly attacking someone for voicing their concerns isn’t the best way to start a conversation.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

(edited by Miflett.3472)

in Queen's Jubilee

Miflett.3472

The content will return next year according to my understanding of the devs high level schedule as revealed by Brohansen in a recent interview.

What they conveniently forgot to mention was if the rewards were staying the same. If they did, I’ll be glad to be corrected.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Queen's Jubilee

Chopps.5047

I never beat Mike Tyson (Dream) in Punch Out but I still love that game…I never beat Super Meat Boy but I still love that game. Odd that when a real challenge appears in an MMO, lots of players—hardcore and casual alike—call foul. Check you ego at the door versus these bosses because this is gw2’s Punch Out. And I’m glad ANET challenged us to learn more about the game this way.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

What I’m most curious about is whether or not ANet’s own testers brought up the various technical issues with the arena design (gridded floor making AoE circles hard to see) and horrible camera angles at edges, and if so, why had the designers chosen to do nothing about it before releasing the content (if they didn’t, well, then here’s another case for a public test server).

I personally enjoyed the difficulty of the fight, despite having spent a much longer than average 100+ tries on my Thief to kill her and another 10 or so to get the 8 orbs achievement. The sense of accomplishment is unlike anything I’ve done before in GW2.

(edited by Kaon.7192)

in Queen's Jubilee

Kronus.6048

Do you not understand that this is a common concern going forward, and not at all related or confined to the current content?

Don’t trivialize this. By the sheer amount of posts on the forums, it does seem as though some don’t like the path of action we’ve steered into.

You have a right to think your way just as much as others have a right to view it their way. Openly attacking someone for voicing their concerns isn’t the best way to start a conversation.

Pretty much this. It’s not the mini or the achievement I care about, it’s the glitchy/buggy design in the future that concerns me. Let’s say arenanet check how many people tried gauntlet and assume those players did it because they enjoyed it. The future content in the game might be similar in difficulty, but just as buggy as the previous one which will make more players unhappy. This cycle will basically repeat itself until players have enough.

in Queen's Jubilee

Chopps.5047

What I’m most curious about is whether or not ANet’s own testers brought up the various technical issues with the arena design (gridded floor making AoE circles hard to see) and horrible camera angles at edges, and if so, why had the designers chosen to do nothing about it before releasing the content (if they didn’t, well, then here’s another case for a public test server).

I’m guessing these issues were raised and considered minor. We ought to give ANET more credit for planning.

in Queen's Jubilee

Miflett.3472

I never beat Mike Tyson (Dream) in Punch Out but I still love that game…I never beat Super Meat Boy but I still love that game. Odd that when a real challenge appears in an MMO, lots of players—hardcore and casual alike—call foul. Check you ego at the door versus these bosses because this is gw2’s Punch Out. And I’m glad ANET challenged us to learn more about the game this way.

Punchout and super meat boy aren’t going anywhere; I can’t definitively say the same for these achievements.

In my view there are three things that need to be taken into consideration before pushing out new challenging content.

- Does each class face relatively the same difficulty curve?
- Does the content run smoothly and provide a consistent play experience?
- Will this content give players the opportunity to achieve all there is to, at a pace at which they choose?

Challenging content is often made worse when people have to worry with a set timeline.

I still wish them the best going forward, but in order for them to actually receive real feedback we as a community need not attack a player’s opinion because it differs from our own.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: HumaCarrionEater.8254

HumaCarrionEater.8254

That would be fun but I also don’t think they’re obligated to complete the content they’re giving out.

So apparently the new content might go this way from now on, so I would be more than happy to see devs doing this content themselves with a video attached. It would be very nice to know how fun they found it after finishing it, assuming they can do it, preferably with a Charr/Norn and one of the underpowered classes like ranger

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

Just throwing this out there, I beat it on my ranger :P

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

in Queen's Jubilee

Chopps.5047

Regarding “at a pace they choose” there’s still a month to go basically. Also, I’d wager they bring it back next year given the popularity. Take your time, research, and if you hit a brick wall, take a break. Get some sleep, eat well, exercise, then take her on again. Practice and learn the timings. With dedication and skill, you will be successful, Miflett, I know it. I believe in you!

in Queen's Jubilee

Kronus.6048

Just throwing this out there, I beat it on my ranger :P

I am not saying it cannon be done, but I am curious if a dev completing it (if that happens) would have the same smiley face after .

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

They won’t leave. Just like casual/average players are barred from content that requires a lot of time spent (since they don’t play nearly that often to buy a precursor, or get the 250 of a given T6 mats to get the expensive Mystic Forge weapons, and so on) and yet they don’t leave because of that, they won’t leave because they are barred from content that requires skill.

You are talking as if casuals could get everything in this game. They can’t, but people with a lot of time to spend can. Now, we finally got content in which time spent doesn’t work, only skill does.

Why are you complaining? Is it because you think this is bad for the game? Or because you are used to achieving everything merely by playing a lot, and now you see a situation in which that doesn’t work?

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in Queen's Jubilee

Miflett.3472

I don’t have any doubts that I can’t complete it, it’s just that I’m scratching my head as to why I’m not finding it nearly as fun as some of you, as I too like real challenging content.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

(edited by Miflett.3472)

in Queen's Jubilee

Kronus.6048

They won’t leave. Just like casual/average players are barred from content that requires a lot of time spent (since they don’t play nearly that often to buy a precursor, or get the 250 of a given T6 mats to get the expensive Mystic Forge weapons, and so on) and yet they don’t leave because of that, they won’t leave because they are barred from content that requires skill.

You are talking as if casuals could get everything in this game. They can’t, but people with a lot of time to spend can. Now, we finally got content in which time spent doesn’t work, only skill does.

Why are you complaining? Is it because you think this is bad for the game? Or because you are used to achieving everything merely by playing a lot, and now you see a situation in which that doesn’t work?

Um casuals can get everything in this game. If you are rich enough you could charge diamonds and buy most of the mats required. Sure it’s an insane amount of dollars, but people have done it in f2p game for years. Also you are wrong about this, because this situation can be achieved by playing a lot. If you have enough gold you can just buy tickets and try over and over again until you succeed.