Royal Terrace.. just wow

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

So.. this area is exclusive to people who are willing to pay 300 gems every 2 weeks? While LA has the same content for free!? I.. just.. WHAT?

Why?

I just.. have no words for this, this is unbelievable…

EDIT: And yes, I know the area isn’t that big and I probably shouldn’t care so much. But still, I’d really like to know why Anet chose to do this.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

To give people the option to pay 300 gems every two weeks for a more exclusive place to do things at? You’ll use it or you won’t. Others will or won’t. How is this an issue?

#TeamJadeQuarry

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

To give people the option to pay 300 gems every two weeks for a more exclusive place to do things at? You’ll use it or you won’t. Others will or won’t. How is this an issue?

Because LA offers the same things as the Royal Terrace. Why do we have to pay to get access to content that’s free to use in the first place?

~Sincerely, Scissors

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

because you’re playing a free, subscription-less game, and for them feed their families they have to make some money someplace, get over it.

So they INDEED offer you Lion’s arch, so you don’t HAVE to pay to get access to this stuff, at the same time, they offer a paid place because they can.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

The 2-week unlock for it drops for free off of alot of the fights down below, so if you arent willing to pay for it with gems, hold out a bit – chances are you will get one.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

It’s really getting close to crossing the line from B2P to freemium.

EDIT:

The 2-week unlock for it drops for free off of alot of the fights down below

That does make the situation a bit better, but it’s still a worrying trend.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

because you’re playing a free, subscription-less game, and for them feed their families they have to make some money someplace, get over it.

They can spend time fixing bugs and not making redundant areas, which personally would help me to support them more then how I am currently feeling with the lack of attention to issues.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Here is how the Gem Store works:

They put items in that some players want. Players who want the items buy them which generates money.

If you don’t want this item, don’t buy it. They’ll get you interested in something next time.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Somehow I don’t think their families are starving because you don’t buy hundreds of gems every month.

But yeah, you have a choice of not using it. I usually use The Grove (as my race capital) for my daily business, the crafting area is close to the bank and TP.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ravious.4269

Ravious.4269

This isn’t that hard to puzzle out. It’s a VIP area and convenience item rolled in to one fairly small thing. It might not be worth 12 gold or whatever, but I think it’s worth a couple bucks as a tip to ArenaNet.

A few more clicks, load screens, or silver and LA works just as fine for those not wanting to get the small VIP area.

Kill Ten Rats – an MMO blog

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

VOLKON.1290

Because LA offers the same things as the Royal Terrace. Why do we have to pay to get access to content that’s free to use in the first place?

Guess what… you don’t.

You don’t have to pay a dime. Not at all. You have the option of doing so in a more exclusive place than the merchants district in L.A. Me? I’ll be sticking in L.A. personally. It’s comfortable and I like it. But if someone chooses to use the Terrace instead, more power to them and may they find the relative peace worth the investment.

Now… here’s something you didn’t think about. Actually I’m the only person outside ArenaNet to think of this. (Prior statement cannot be verified, so hush.) When culling is removed L.A. is going to be chaotic. You’re going to see EVERYONE. I think, in that case, it may be worth considering a more quite place to chill, craft a bit, get things done, for some at least. When culling is gone in L.A. it may very well be worth spending the gold (or cash) for the gems for a little elbow room.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

This has been a common requested feature for all cities. But Nobody expected Anet to make players pay for it.

Anet make this free to everyone! You can create a more unique subscription service.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

mtpelion.4562

This has been a common requested feature for all cities. But Nobody expected Anet to make players pay for it.

Anet make this free to everyone! You can create a more unique subscription service.

They make free stuff all the time. I see no problem with them asking for money for VIP access to a convenience area.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Onshidesigns.1069

Guess what… you don’t.

You don’t have to pay a dime. Not at all. You have the option of doing so in a more exclusive place than the merchants district in L.A. Me? I’ll be sticking in L.A. personally. It’s comfortable and I like it. But if someone chooses to use the Terrace instead, more power to them and may they find the relative peace worth the investment.

Now… here’s something you didn’t think about. Actually I’m the only person outside ArenaNet to think of this. (Prior statement cannot be verified, so hush.) When culling is removed L.A. is going to be chaotic. You’re going to see EVERYONE. I think, in that case, it may be worth considering a more quite place to chill, craft a bit, get things done, for some at least. When culling is gone in L.A. it may very well be worth spending the gold (or cash) for the gems for a little elbow room.

EVERYTHING a player need should be available for FREE in the HOME CITIES!

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Onshidesigns.1069

They make free stuff all the time. I see no problem with them asking for money for VIP access to a convenience area.

I see a HUGGGGGE kittening problem with the capital city in the game. Not having basic things the player needs to make it their home.

No one player picked Lion’s Arch as their home in character creation.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Ravious.4269

Except for the Mystic Toilet, what are you missing?

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Are you just jealous that rich players will congregate to this exclusive zone while you are stuck with your old, damp and corrupt pirate city of LA?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

Everything is very close to eachother unlike LA. Anyway, the purpose it probably to feel it like an exclusive area for people who want to feel exclusive. Tbh, I don’t mind, if you need it, buy it.

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Onshidesigns.1069

Except for the Mystic Toilet, what are you missing?

I’m not paying 300 gems so I don’t know everything that is in it.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: redhand.7168

redhand.7168

It’s the same exact concept as the +50% experience booster. It’s just that – a booster. Instead of boosting your stat, it gives you a convenience. It’s not Freemium, and you don’t need it!

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Onshidesigns.1069

Everything is very close to eachother unlike LA. Anyway, the purpose it probably to feel it like an exclusive area for people who want to feel exclusive. Tbh, I don’t mind, if you need it, buy it.

Isn’t elitism something that does not belong in GW2.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

While it certainly seems like a great idea, I don’t see a reason to use it when I have a banker golem.

It costs about 11g with gold, about $4 with gems.

The Royal Terrace is just too expensive.

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: wingofbenu.4316

wingofbenu.4316

Guess what… you don’t.

I dunno. Thats pretty much how it starts on every f2p game.

convenience options. people wave away complaints as “You dont have to buy it, its just for convenience” and then they go a bit further the next time,. and then a bit further. until they finally realize they can push anything on consumers they kitten well please.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

How does this area affect anyone else’s gameplay? Why are we complaining about it?

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Onshidesigns.1069

It’s the same exact concept as the +50% experience booster. It’s just that – a booster. Instead of boosting your stat, it gives you a convenience. It’s not Freemium, and you don’t need it!

Convenience denied to humans that made their home in DR? How about every race city gets a area like this. Just for all their race.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Yaos.4528

Yaos.4528

I like the VIP area because it means I don’t have to spend time dodging the poors that clog up the streets of Lion’s Arch.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

snip

convenience options. people wave away complaints as “You dont have to buy it, its just for convenience” and then they go a bit further the next time,. and then a bit further. until they finally realize they can push anything on consumers they kitten well please.

Finally someone who understands. This is my main concern.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Onshidesigns.1069

How does this area affect anyone else’s gameplay? Why are we complaining about it?

DR is a home city, unlike LA. Players should spend more time in their home cities.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Vol.5241

I like the VIP area because it means I don’t have to spend time dodging the poors that clog up the streets of Lion’s Arch.

A few days ago some lad was whining and begging how ancient bones were so expensive, and kept spamming “WTB ancient bones 10s”.

Of course, he got massive kitten thrown at him after an hour or so.

The great thing about this item is I won’t have to deal with all these LA peasants!

Remember folks. Lion’s Arch was founded by pirates, for pirates. Those of us who are wealthy and of high class, we deserve much better :P

[Permabanned on Forums]

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Ravious.4269

Also in Royal Terrace I get to clink glasses with classy players that want to support Guild Wars 2 rather than complain about equality and communism and the like, old sport.

(edited by Ravious.4269)

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Also in Royal Terrace I get to clink glasses with classy players that want to support Guild Wars 2 rather that complain about equality and communism and the like, old sport.

And we all know ‘classy players’ shoot down and accuse everyone of communism with a different opinion.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

A few days ago some lad was whining and begging how ancient bones were so expensive, and kept spamming “WTB ancient bones 10s”.

The great thing about this item is I won’t have to deal with all these LA peasants!

Remember folks. Lion’s Arch was founded by pirates, for pirates. Those of us who are wealthy and of high class, we deserve much better :P

kittening hilarious! I don’t agree with this peice of gem selling kittenry but still funny stuff!

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

VOLKON.1290

Also in Royal Terrace I get to clink glasses with classy players that want to support Guild Wars 2 rather that complain about equality and communism and the like, old sport.

Why do I have the urge to create an Asura named Mitt just to keep hanging around in that area?

#TeamJadeQuarry

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

mtpelion.4562

snip

Hate to break it to you, but your main concern is a fallacy. This is known as a “Slippery Slope” argument and it is illogical.

What other companies may have done is 100% irrelevant.

You are basically arguing that since Germany invaded Poland during WW2, Poland should be prepared to defend against an invasion from Kenya since Kenya is having a deep recession.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Onshidesigns.1069

So you can call EVERONE a clog. But I can’t call you one back without a infraction.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Ravious.4269

Also in Royal Terrace I get to clink glasses with classy players that want to support Guild Wars 2 rather than complain about equality and communism and the like, old sport.

And we all know ‘classy players’ shoot down and accuse everyone of communism with a different opinion.

Come, come. Don’t blow up my comment with hyperbole, old sport. It’s a great advantage not to drink among hard drinking people.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

snip

Hate to break it to you, but your main concern is a fallacy. This is known as a “Slippery Slope” argument and it is illogical.

You are basically arguing that since Germany invaded Poland during WW2, Poland should be prepared to defend against an invasion from Kenya since Kenya is having a deep recession.

Because marketing in videos games is pretty much the same thing that waging world wars.

No it isn’t.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Come. Let us enjoy some tea, and discuss flipping on the TP in our private VIP area!

Well played, good sir. Well played…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

mtpelion.4562

Because marketing in videos games is pretty much the same thing that waging world wars.

No it isn’t.

You are arguing that ArenaNet will go P2W because they are adding a new gem store exclusive. Your entire argument is fixed on the justification that “insert other MMO company” went P2W after adding new “gem store” items and thus every MMO company will go P2W after adding new “gem store” items.

This is an example of your argument, with only the terms being changed:

You are arguing that Kenya will invade Poland because they are having a recession.
Your entire argument is fixed on the justification that Germany invaded Poland because they had a recession and now everyone who has a recession will be invading Poland.

Your entire premise is a fallacy and is illogical.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

wingofbenu.4316

ah communism, the standard accusation of anyone who thinks Ayn Rand wasnt a hack.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

VOLKON.1290

No it isn’t.

Of course it is. You’re basing an argument on something you’ve perceived other games doing and completely in lieu of any evidence that ANet is or has ever done anything that actually remotely resembles the F2P/P2W style model.

Logical arguments are based on logic, not emotions.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

wingofbenu.4316

No it isn’t.

You are arguing that Kenya will invade Poland because they are having a recession.
Your entire argument is fixed on the justification that Germany invaded Poland because they had a recession and now everyone who has a recession will be invading Poland.

That is an example of your argument, with only the terms being changed.

You are arguing that ArenaNet will go P2W because they are adding a new gem store exclusive. Your entire argument is fixed on the justification that “insert other MMO company” went P2W after adding new “gem store” items and thus every MMO company will go P2W after adding new “gem store” items.

er. slippery slopes are a fallacy at times, sure, but that doesnt mean all slippery slopes are a fallacy. Anyone who’s observed games like DDO or LoTRO can tell you their f2p model has gotten progressively more abusive and money grabbing as players have taken any slight overreach theyve tried and continued buying anyhow.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Ravious.4269

No it isn’t.

er. slippery slopes are a fallacy at times, sure, but that doesnt mean all slippery slopes are a fallacy. Anyone who’s observed games like DDO or LoTRO can tell you their f2p model has gotten progressively more abusive and money grabbing as players have taken any slight overreach theyve tried and continued buying anyhow.

GW2 has almost a year of evidence. Use that instead. It would be much more convincing.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Smooth Penguin.5294

No it isn’t.

Did you just use a fallacy to justify a fallacy?

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

mtpelion.4562

Actually, a slippery slope is always a fallacy, even if it winds up being true.

The reason is because it uses speculation instead of evidence to arrive at a conclusion. If you aren’t supporting your argument with evidence, it is an illogical argument.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: JonG.7206

JonG.7206

No it isn’t.

Did you just use a fallacy to justify a fallacy?

The mind boggles.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Vol.5241

Come. Let us enjoy some tea, and discuss flipping on the TP in our private VIP area!

Good day sir!

It is of concern that our market for t6 materials, especially Vial of Powerful Blood has crashed!

Alas, if only we could short-sell in this game.

Nonetheless, my wealthy friends and I are considering creating a false, artificial price for bloods by constantly undercutting by 1s to the point where we can make significant profit when prices return to normal. Devious I must say, but well worth it!

We mustn’t discuss here further, for the plebians may catch on to us! To the Royal Terrace!

Digress!

Attachments:

[Permabanned on Forums]

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Smooth Penguin.5294

Good day sir!

It is of concern that our market for t6 materials, especially Vial of Powerful Blood has crashed!

Alas, if only we could short-sell in this game.

Nonetheless, my wealthy friends and I are considering creating a false, artificial price for bloods by constantly undercutting by 1s to the point where we can make significant profit when prices return to normal. Devious I must say, but well worth it!

We mustn’t discuss here further, for the plebians may catch on to us! To the Royal Terrace!

Digress!

You are my all time favorite forum warrior!

But just to add, I’ll be investing in about 400 Gold’s worth of stuff today, with an estimated 300% return within a month. I’m sure our friend Mr. Smith is looking at today’s game stats report, and will probably be doing something tomorrow. I think they underestimated how hardcore the hardcore players are at farming.

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

Vol.5241

I would have done exactly that if I weren’t at work. I hope they don’t patch it before I get home :x

[Permabanned on Forums]

Royal Terrace.. just wow

in Queen's Jubilee

mtpelion.4562

I would have done exactly that if I weren’t at work. I hope they don’t patch it before I get home :x

Same. It is days like this that I get incredibly annoyed that the content is deployed based on someone else’s time zone.