Sad About Liadri

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

It’s a question of whose aptitude? Do you design content so that the majority of players find it really hard or so that only a few can complete it? Who are you designing for? Not passing judgement. Just want to know.

And like I said, this challenge is limited not just by aptitude but by how much gold you can pay out.

So, why is it acceptable to exclude one group (people who seek challenge) but not another group (those who don’t)?

It’s optional and recurring content, a single boss, and two Achievements.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

So, why is it acceptable to exclude one group (people who seek challenge) but not another group (those who don’t)?

It isn’t. I think what these events need is a normal mode/hard mode choice. That might make everyone happy.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

It isn’t. I think what these events need is a normal mode/hard mode choice. That might make everyone happy.

On the condition that everything else is given a normal/hard mode choice.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

The mere existence of players who got it in the first or second try does not negate the fact that there’s a connection.

I didn’t say there wasn’t a connection, I said there is no “direct causal link”. Having more money does not cause victory like buying a precursor. And if you can achieve victory the 1st time around then the CAUSE of victory is skill not money. Money makes up for failure.

Also funny to note that the tickets drop off mobs, chests, and you get 6 for free.

Actually if we can establish that a person has x% chance of winning a fight (with liadri that would be low), then money would be a direct enabler allowing the person to get more tries and thereby get the win.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Now of course not all players in GW2 have equal skill. But for something like this, I believe such content should be extremely hard for most and normal for some. Not extremely hard for a few and impossible for the rest.

Except that by “normal” you mean “easy.” There’s a lot of content that’s doable by everyone. How much is doable only by the best players? How much content stretches the best players?

Most games design content aimed at the low-end of average players. However, the problem with aiming everything at average is that the below average are left out of too much of the content, and the high end players get bored. This is why it’s better for developers to provide a variety of content difficulty. This broadens the appeal of the game.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not in the high end group, but I think there needs to be some content aimed their way.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

IMHO there are 3/4 major flaws on this fight:

- The camera. It’s awful and I’m pretty sure that everybody agrees on this.
- The floor textures, which make unnecessarily harder to spot red circles.
- The FPS loss (really annoying if you have a kittenty PC and already run with lower settings for everything) caused for sharing the area with some zerg events.
- The pulling orbs, not because the orbs themselves, but cause the already stated camera issue. There are sound clues afaik, but if we could cover better the area with the camera, they would be much more manageable.

I do not think 1HKO attacks are bad at all.
Yes, they kill both zeker and tanky builds, but there’s also a regular damage source form the boss attacks.
If people running full mitigation specs think that this damage is negligible, congrats to them, their build is doing exactly what it was designed for and now they can just focus on 1HKO sources.

Having done this with on a character with less than 2k armor, I have experienced how my health goes from 18k to about 2-3k in about 2-3 sec after being charged. On phase 1 I had to use all my healing skills on recharge even if I was sidestepping some projectiles; I even had to respec my traits in order to take “Backpack Regenerator”.
For the 8 orbs achievement, however, I have used my guardian specced for about 3k armor and plenty of protection sources and I have been able not only to endure Liadri’s charges much more easily but also to whirling wrath on her face in the meantime. I pretty much doubt I could have completed this achievement on my engineer without an almost full regear.

Getting rid of 1HKO abilities is more an issue than a solution.
One of the beautys (the main one IMHO) of GW2 combat system is that’s reactive. People should spot enemy attacks and react to them, trying to use the most powerful mitigations (like evades) against the most dangerous ones (like oneshots).
That being said, letting people to solve fights just relying on defensive passive stats would be a great mistake.
I’m not going to deny that Liadri may have too many one shot sources, up to a point where you may need to use a lot of defensive tools for them (even if in theory the fight could be won without needing to evade a single AoE).

The issue with zeker burst builds (usually warriors) finishing fights in few seconds is a completely different kind of monster.
They finish the fights so fast that they can avoid most of the damage covered by long CDs or just never experience stamina starvation, trivializing fights that otherwise could have been a real pain in the kitten . In order to “solve” this problem (we can’t forget that the main purpose of a burst is to finish the fight fast enough to avoid attrition issues) this fights just need to be a bit longer, enough for requiring a second burst and force players to experience a bit of pressure and test skill beyond an initial combo.
This can be achieved by many ways, like the so popular HP increase :P

Removing 1HKO wouldn’t make fights more challenging for burst builds, since they would still melt the enemy in seconds.; it just would make them easier for sustained ones, which may be fair on comparision, but is a step on the wrong direction.
Combats need to be balanced around so called balanced builds (knight gear, mix of soldier/cleric with zerker, balanced trait allocation, …) that must experience one shot moves (that need to be avoided) and pressure (regular damage, conditions, …).
The benefit of a defensive build is on sustaining the pressure much more easily so they can focus on 1HKO attacks. The counterpart is that the fight will be longer, so the amount of oneshots moves will be higher and there’s a higher risk on failing by chance.
The benefit of an offensive build is just the opposite: the fight will be shorter, but the pressure a lot higher, so the player should show great finesse in order to avoid almost everything (or just everything) for its duration.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: HumaCarrionEater.8254

HumaCarrionEater.8254

We’re not all going to beat it and that’s a good thing. Something challenging in PVE is awesome to me. Yes there are bugs and imo things need to be changed, (tickets? kitten tickets.) so the gauntlet isn’t a blatant cash sink. But the fights, bugs and camera aside? Awesome! Not everything should be a snap for every single player to get if we’re just talking vanity items. I think the mini is the perfect reward. It gives you some bragging rights but hey if you can’t get it, it will in no way hurt your gaming experience.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kronus.6048

Kronus.6048

We’re not all going to beat it and that’s a good thing. Something challenging in PVE is awesome to me. Yes there are bugs and imo things need to be changed, (tickets? kitten tickets.) so the gauntlet isn’t a blatant cash sink. But the fights, bugs and camera aside? Awesome! Not everything should be a snap for every single player to get if we’re just talking vanity items. I think the mini is the perfect reward. It gives you some bragging rights but hey if you can’t get it, it will in no way hurt your gaming experience.

except right now it’s only mini, and if the devs see people do not mind, they will add more stuff in the future like this. The 1% missing content for some players will go to 80% because those same players said in the same place ’’it’s just an achievement/mini’’ and the future gear will be designed on similar content.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

I sympathise with the OP, I’m a fairly butterfingered player myself (also old).

But I can see the sense in it. I mean it’s true, most of the game is so easy even I can play it without too much difficulty. There’s got to be something in it for people who are really good players, to stretch them.

I think instancing or better camera would surely help though. If one is butterfingered, but the game is smooth, at least one has a chance of accidentally beating difficult content with enough goes. But with dodgy lag, camera, etc., you often get those situations where you almost beat it but some glitch stops you, and that is … kitten ed annoying.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

If everything already is a snap for every single player, we would all be wielding multiple legendaries.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: HumaCarrionEater.8254

HumaCarrionEater.8254

I don’t buy that. There’s no evidence that this is somehow going to turn in to a gear treadmill. If the rewards remain cool but not something that impact game play I feel it’s perfectly fair.

except right now it’s only mini, and if the devs see people do not mind, they will add more stuff in the future like this. The 1% missing content for some players will go to 80% because those same players said in the same place ’’it’s just an achievement/mini’’ and the future gear will be designed on similar content.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

That’s exactly how the game is, but regarding time spent instead of skill. Didn’t ArenaNet mention that they expect only a small minority to get a Legendary? Isn’t actually getting one extremely easy, just time consuming?

I have said it in another topic, but it’s worth repeating: requiring time spent (aka grind) to access rewards is bad. That’s content for donkeys and for Skinner rats. Content that requires skill and that cannot merely be beaten through time, in other hand, is content for human beings, and that’s something the game desperately needs more of.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kronus.6048

Kronus.6048

I don’t buy that. There’s no evidence that this is somehow going to turn in to a gear treadmill. If the rewards remain cool but not something that impact game play I feel it’s perfectly fair.

not yet, but IF it turns into a gear treadmill it will be too late because the devs will assume that players like this kind of gameplay, therefore the future content will be focused in that direction. It always starts with tiny things.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

What’s wrong with releasing gear in similar challenges? Cosmetics don’t make a gear treadmill.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

because the devs will assume that players like this kind of gameplay, therefore the future content will be focused in that direction.

That would be great. I’m hoping it will happen.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

Every game has to offer something to the “chosen few” you addressed. If the entry requirements for elite status are too low you’re going to alienate an important but small part of the player base. Can’t you just accept that Liadri takes more than just mindnumbingly easy grinding and button mashing? Yes she is a lot harder than all the other bosses but that’s what makes this fight so interesting. Yes, there’s a lot of factors that add to the difficulty which shouldn’t exist (camera, lag…) but there the same for most people.
And that there’s a little luck involved regarding the orbs shouldn’t keep you from winning if you’re really up to the task. It might screw you over once or twice but that’s about it.
But whatever ANET does DO NOT NERF LIADRI

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

God forbid you miss out on cosmetic mini and less than 1% of the content in the game cause it’s to hard for you.

You should not be able to get over everything by just tossing time at it without improving. That’s one of the worst issue with a lot of MMO’s. It all grind to you get to a certain point and then you can pass the content. You don’t get rewarded for skill you get rewarded for doing the same easy thing X amount of time. Some of the challenges should actually be skilled based.

You want it to be extremely hard for most and normal others? have you ever considered that maybe those others actually a want a challenge and not everything in the mmo has to be catered to the majority of players? I’m not a brilliant player so I likely won’t be able to beat her in this time limit. Atleast not without spending more hours and money trying than I want but that ok’s because I still have the rest of the game to enjoy and don’t feel the need to take the challenge away from others just so I can get a mini (it a fairly cool mini but its not like not having it is going to provide any advantage) and feel like a hero

Nice elitism attitude . Also, it’s just a mini for starters. In the future it will be cosmetics,gear, upgrades,etc. It’s how it always starts.

Yes because understanding that there are other players in this game that might like some content geared for them and some kind of reward for their time, effort and skill even if it’s only a cosmetic collectible is “elitism”.

So long as it’s not better stats you shouldn’t be complaining about it. The majority of the content will be aimed at those with average skill. The majority of skins will be available to those of average skill. Most the audience is casual so it doesn’t make sense to have it otherwise but doesn’t mean those that aren’t shouldn’t be catered to. Just because one piece of the game isn’t for you isn’t reason to complain.

The slippery slope argument is utter BS. “We should complain and rally against this thing that isn’t and issue and doesn’t really effect us for some theoretical not directly issue that might turn up down the road”. If it becomes and issue go against it then or if you think they might add something that is an issue make it clear that you don’t want that being added. Don’t go after the stuff that isn’t an issue.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

just read the first post, and i dont know what proffesion you are playing but i´ll now just copy past my answer from other theard…

a quick search on youtube showed that is possibel with mesmer, warrior, thief,necro……i´m sure some ele and guard and whatever did it too but didn´t bother to record and upoload it…
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=guild+wars+2+liadri&oq=guild+wars+2+liadri&gs_l=youtube.3..33i21.933.5179.0.5673.10.10.0.0.0.0.96.758.10.10.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.mmKDj5y_Ot8

ps: it tried it first with warrior , faild hard, next i tried with mesmer , at the 23th try i got that kitten

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: seandkiller.8471

seandkiller.8471

I can’t even get to Liadri (Keep wanting to say “Liara”), stuck on the raven crew.

Thief seems like the worst class to play this fight with, because apparently the “revealed” debuff is permanent in this fight…

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I can’t even get to Liadri (Keep wanting to say “Liara”), stuck on the raven crew.

Thief seems like the worst class to play this fight with, because apparently the “revealed” debuff is permanent in this fight…

Why in the world would they do that o.O

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

It’s Anet, nuff said. Meaning they didn’t test it properly or didn’t think it all the way out.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

seandkiller.8471

It’s Anet, nuff said. Meaning they didn’t test it properly or didn’t think it all the way out.

Yup, annoying as all hell.
My playstyle is a backstab thief. With Salazan, I was forced to change my method to P/P, this I did not mind though. One enemy with a damage method I don’t focus on… Doable.

To a degree, I don’t mind it with the ravenous crew either. But, it’s still annoying. I need to dispose of all 4 of them in a ~2 min window, while being attacked by all 4.

It would probably be easier if I had noticed that the reason I couldn’t stealth was that the revealed debuff wouldn’t leave (Perhaps they felt stealth would be of too much use here? Idk, but I’m forced to keep aggro this way).

I do want to make it clear though, I’m fine with a challenge. It is a pretty huge annoyance, but at some point I will get past it.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Its worth point out that if what they said in the live stream preview is true the mini was supposed to be a prestige item for those to show off they had beaten a very difficult fight. It wasnt for everyone. Sure everyone can get it if they have the skill and want to put in the effort but its very hard to get. Many people will never get it. I probably wont since she kicks my kitten .

Arenanet builds content for all its playerbase. That includes those who just want to do the content, the complexionists, the social players and the hardcore. It needs to provide at least some content to satisfy each of these groups. That means content that is going to be too difficult for some people who dont have the skill and/or the time.

If new content is stressful because your worried there may be a mini or something you cant get before it finishes then theres little Arenanet can do to solve that for you. Thats something you need to learn to manage by yourself. Arenanet builds content for its whole playerbase, not for a case by case basis.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

This should indeed have an instanced fight. I get the visual appeal of having people do arena fights in cages, but I would have loved an option where you could just do it somewhere where your PC only had to load the kitten cage.

I only managed to kill her after changing my build on my thief to something with more sustain and after I made my GW2 look like tetris through graphic options (eventhough it barely helped my fps)

Only advice I can give is : Try a build posted on these forums or really think your bould through, get food, lower every setting you can, kill every redundant process on your PC.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

The Revealed debuff is caused by Master Gunner Adil. It says so on the buff itself. I goes away the instant you kill Adil as well.

By “they didn’t test it properly” I guess you were referring to yourself, eh?

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Ivonbeton.6814

Excalibur.9748, what Profession are you out of interest ?

Thief…. why?

The classes that have found it easiest are Mesmer, Warrior, Guardian and Thief. Play it as an Engineer, Necromancer, Ranger and come back.

No? Thief was really annoying to me. Sure you get plenty of dodges and escapes, but you lack a lot of survivability because stealth sort of bugs out the easiest routine in phase 1. Once I fully traited for all kinds of heal and started using C&D in phase 1 whenever I could, it went a lot better.

(The extreme mobility of the Thief would probably be a way better asset the dome didn’t mess up your camera so bad though)

I’ve heard Engineer and Necro really don’t have that much of a hard time with it. I’ve seen a few Rangers beat her, but I know they struggle.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Finally a reward that actually takes skill/strategy. Liadri may be just about the only mini that I care to show off because it shows I actually ACCOMPLISHED something. Seriously, I can’t think of one other item in game which requires anything more than farming or making money. Even fractals are easy and it only takes farming them to get rings/fractal skins.

That said, I’m glad there isn’t TOO much stuff like this or I would get stressed trying to beat it all.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

The Revealed debuff is caused by Master Gunner Adil. It says so on the buff itself. I goes away the instant you kill Adil as well.

More like I was referring to how several builds are punished during the gauntlet, as are some classes.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Excalibur.9748, what Profession are you out of interest ?

Thief…. why?

The classes that have found it easiest are Mesmer, Warrior, Guardian and Thief. Play it as an Engineer, Necromancer, Ranger and come back.

Wut? Thief is not a walk in the park for her. Her grasping hands hurt way to much for us in phase 1. Oh look we can stealth! WAIT! If you stealth, the clones stop moving, which is what you don’t want since the aoe is still moving and ask any of us players that beat her, phase 1 has a set rhythm you get down, the first three portals and first three clones are usually the ones used to get to phase 2, any mess up, at least on my end and you screw up hard. Miss one of the first three portals and say goodbye, the aoe is no going to drop in an inconvenient spot now. So I reiterate, stealth actually hinders us in phase 1, only time i did it was after I threw the first crystal and when I placed shadow refuge on the third crystal. Thats the only luxury us thieves have, the fact that we can effectively set up on her in between the third crystal throw and the beginning of phase 2 with shadow refuge.
In phase 2, she can actually burst us down with her regular whip attack. This infuriated me. As if the clones aoe and orb wasnt enough, even she herself had more burst potential than most players, only thing I had on my side was a trait that gave me endurance back on evade, signet of agility which refilled my endurance meter, and a trait that cured crippled and weakness on evade every 10 seconds. I found out that i actually had to Cloak and Dagger off of the clones themselves, you know how risky that is with poor mistiming? Let’s not forget the aoe… /rant

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

seandkiller.8471

Ah, thank you for that info. While the Crew will still be annoying, they’ll be much less annoying if I can stealth.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

If different rewards were tied to both modes, the casuals would still whine about not being able to complete Hard Mode.
OP would never have written this post if there was no reward or exclusivity in beating Liadri.
Also. To the OP – You would be surprised at how many people that have beaten Liadri by just kiting around with a ranged weapon. By the end of the event it’s easily 50% of the playerbase. Liadri is not impossible.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Celyth.3085

Celyth.3085

Devstream said you’d have to change up your buildz to deal with the bosses…also, you can P/D Liadri on a thief if you aren’t a bad. (stealthing and knowing when to attack and risk revealed vs when not to attack to get revealed)

Devstream ALSO said this was some pro-so-gosu reward for the higher tiered players.

All i-r-readin is bads being bad, and all i-r-typin is bad grammers and spellings.

(lol, i can’t believe i read that getting a legendary is hard work earlier, farm=/=aptitude, what is this, COMMUNISM?)

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: uberman.2619

uberman.2619

This fight isn’t blocking anyone’s access to content. Nothing is really at stake. This is just a challenge for the greatest of players. There is nothing wrong with saying “only the best of players can have this item.” There has to be something that separates the best from everyone else, otherwise we’re all just one big, homogenous mass.

A radio personality, I don’t recall who, said something like “you can be better than 90% of a population just through hard work. But to be in the top 5% is a dogfight.” He probably pulled these numbers out of his kitten , but I take it to heart.

That said, I haven’t beaten it. But I also don’t think this fight is that unreasonable. After 20 tries I could get her down to 50% as an engineer. I’m totally beating this tomorrow. But if I fail, I will complain about it on the forums and blow raspberries at all of you.

Also, you can totally rally off those orbs. That made me smile.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

It is not even hard >.>. I stopped playing for over a week. Came back, ran through the gauntlet with the same build and took her out on my 4th try. I honestly thought it would be much more difficult for the amount of whine that is on the forum.

Although, I will say at least in this last fight you have to pay attention. Unlike the rest of the game.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Avatara.1042

It is not even hard >.>. I stopped playing for over a week. Came back, ran through the gauntlet with the same build and took her out on my 4th try. I honestly thought it would be much more difficult for the amount of whine that is on the forum.

Although, I will say at least in this last fight you have to pay attention. Unlike the rest of the game.

OMG a whole week!

/gentlypats

The problem is not the fight itself. It is the camera, floor, lag, and ressing.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Ivonbeton.6814

OMG a whole week!

/gentlypats

The problem is not the fight itself. It is the camera, floor, lag, and ressing.

Yeah, the only way to make it after 4 tries is if you :
1) watched or read up on the encounter
2) didn’t have any lag or camera spazzes
3) had some luck with the RNG.

I can think of atleast 10 tries where I got instagibbed because a badly placed orb just spawned and pulled me straight to my death with no chance of using an escape.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

“Not extremely hard for a few and impossible for the rest.”

This pretty sums up my reason for why Queen’s Gauntlet needs to be nerfed.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/Please-nerf-Queen-s-Gauntlet/first

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

So you miss out on a minipet, it’s no big deal. It’s supposed to be a rare item, not something everyone can obtain after a few goes.

That being said, it sucks if you can’t complete it because of PC performance issues, I feel sorry for people that are struggling to beat her because ArenaNet decided not to make it an instanced fight.

It’s not about the mini pet. It’s about completing the event. This is ignoring all the gauntlets and whatevers. All of us just want to complete the Gauntlet and the basic achievements that go along with it.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Eurafrica.9307

Eurafrica.9307

Aren’t they called achievements for a reason?

Because you lack the determination/skill to achieve the kill it’s suddenly designed poorly or for a vast minority.

As an adult I’m sure you know by now that life’s not fair and you either work incredibly hard or you’re born into advantage. Not everyone deserves all of these achievements simply because they put the hours in.

I have Light Up the Darkness done and have killed Liadri countless times…Do I want entitled “hard workers” like yourself taking that away from me by crying for a nerf?

No.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Korval.3751

When I watched the livestream for the Queen’s Jubilee, the Gauntlet was made with an increasing difficulty spike in mind. The devs spoke at length about how they want to introduce content that is supposed to represent prestige to the playerbase. They knew not everyone would beat it, and personally, I’m fine with that. Despite it’s “everyone wins” mentality, a sliver of competitiveness is necessary to make an MMO like GW2 successful.

Good lord… This is like encountering a Champion but its profile UI showed a normal mob. Anet needs to introduce Achievement difficulty badges so players know what their getting into otherwise it’s like they’re stealing dozens or hundreds or gold :<

(edited by Korval.3751)

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

I’ve hardly slept, risked the wrath of my uncomprehending wife and am pretty stressed out.

Read this line again to yourself. Seriously stop playing. Go outside and do something else. Relieving the stress, taking the pressure off, and getting some sleep will probably help you beat her more than anything.

Some of us have an in game routine. The sooner we get through the event the sooner we can go back to our own little corner of the game, and play. Not all of us get fed up with what’s already been established. Some people play a whole bunch of games, some people pick one game they like get really good at it and do everything in it.

What does that have to do with anything I wrote?

I have things to do, and I don’t like to procrastinate, so I’d like to get it done reap the reward, and go back to fun.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

I’ve hardly slept, risked the wrath of my uncomprehending wife and am pretty stressed out.

Read this line again to yourself. Seriously stop playing. Go outside and do something else. Relieving the stress, taking the pressure off, and getting some sleep will probably help you beat her more than anything.

Some of us have an in game routine. The sooner we get through the event the sooner we can go back to our own little corner of the game, and play. Not all of us get fed up with what’s already been established. Some people play a whole bunch of games, some people pick one game they like get really good at it and do everything in it.

What does that have to do with anything I wrote?

I have things to do, and I don’t like to procrastinate, so I’d like to get it done reap the reward, and go back to fun.

Which has nothing to do with bhagwad.4281 (who I was replying to) does it? You’re just looking for someone to argue with, have fun with that.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: village idiot.1436

village idiot.1436

The fight is horrendously balanced based on class mechanics. It will be easier to level mesmer to 80 and have her do it than complete on my engineer. Some engineer builds don’t appear to be able to destroy the rifts unless they are downed, grenades cannot be aimed while the pov is being adjusted and fight requires continual pov adjustment.

Lack of consideration given to class mechanics imo. Poor design.

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

It never went away when I killed him. Even though he was dead it still had 40 or seconds left on the debuff.

But you don’t have to rely on stealth. I found keeping them together and using caltrops, death blossom and signet of malice good for taking them out. Easier than with my ele and mes. Even without back stab and the fact that they heal every time on of them dies you still do good enough damage to take them out relatively quickly.

I don’t mind them forcing you to change up your strategy with stuff like this. Just so long as they don’t start using disallowing stealth as a crutch.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

Sad About Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zealous.1386

Zealous.1386

I think we as a community needs to let go of the ‘must do everything’ concept. ANET is pouring on the content and is seems like half of us are complaining that it’s too much too fast. Too much content in an MMO – really??

Once we get past the ‘must do everything’ barrier, something cool happens – we do what’s fun (or at least profitable!). We can also live with the fact that there are things out there that are too hard for us.

I do feel for ya, OP – it she’s wiping the floor with me too!