Stopping Chomper as a warrior

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

How the hell has anyone managed to do it? I can’t chill him, his immune to immobilize despite what dulfy says not that her site says much on it anyway, and my cripples don’t last long and seem to fail most of the time. The meathead with the axe throws the meat every which way, and I can’t get from one side of the room to the other not to mention when I’m about to pick up the meat I’m pulled away from it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Lord Erik.6903

On another note I can’t get back in the ring to try again fast enough, and god forbid if there’s a freaking line to the arena. It really should be a private instance, and when you die it should say “Would you like to try again?” with 2 options! “Yes” and “No”

(edited by Lord Erik.6903)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

I didn’t have much on it as I just got the achievement, will be updating the guide in abit with more info. Anyways for a warrior you have Fear Me, Rifle Butt, Kick, Bull’s Charge, and Stomp skills you can try out. It will be a bit tougher compared to a class like mesmer since you can’t stun Chomper right away. Instead, you will need to race Chomper to the meat and use those skills to push Chomper away.

(edited by dulfy.1493)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Capa.7684

Capa.7684

Use a more defensive Equip, the Damage will Rise with the Meat so its no problem but you must survive Strugar in this time.

Use food for more 40% condition time, with rifle mastery the dog was perma crippled.

After 5+ Meats a changed to GS and a 100b/whirwind combo killed both nearly instant.

in Queen's Jubilee

Lord Erik.6903

tyvm for the help. This really does help.

in Queen's Jubilee

Lord Erik.6903

Problem now is meat head isn’t throwing the meat the direction hes facing.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Alex Sentarou.8059

Alex Sentarou.8059

I used a mace/ shield set for this and GS. I would fight Chomper and Strugar both at melee range and targetted Chomper. Everytime Strugar raised his arm to throw meat, I would use mace F1 to stun Chomper and then quickly run to grab the meat. And so on..

in Queen's Jubilee

Lord Erik.6903

Mistfire wolf is immensely helpful.

in Queen's Jubilee

Lord Erik.6903

Got it. Mistfire wolf was the MVP of the match.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

Problem now is meat head isn’t throwing the meat the direction hes facing.

Yeah, I’m having some trouble detecting when the meat is out there and finding where it is. Holding CTRL and looking around isn’t really cutting it, since I have to grab it so fast.

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: iddles.9280

iddles.9280

You really shouldn’t need to hit control at all. You can ignore Chomper for most of the time as you are focused simply on collecting meat. Watch where Strugar is tossing the meat and head over there before the chomper does. That combined with the other tactics mentioned here should get the job done. Use a summon (like hounds of balthazar) to add in extra dps once you get enough stacks. Also, use GS whirl on warrior as its a great gap closer which should get you to most meats quickly.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

I just kept him cripled with #2 riffle and myself with swiftness from elite signet, made my traits to maximize bleed and riffle damage and by the 4th meat he was dead.
If you want to throw the fight for the achieve (you get it when killing chomper) just bring extra skills to help hinder him but don’t forget a stunbreaker for the 4th meat.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

Well if you are simply trying to beat them, focus on the dog first. He can’t get to the meat if he’s dead. Knockback, stuns and such do work well against him long enough to scoop meat out from under him.
I beat him as a Rifle and Sword/Shield signet warrior, so it is indeed possible. If you are worried about being pulled when grabbing meat, activate stability.

If you are going for the achievement for denying all meat, well, I can’t really help you there.

Duty is heavier than death.