Subject 7 achievement

Subject 7 achievement

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Question for those who’s done the Subject 7 achievement where you have to kill him but not any of his oozes. What are some of the strategies you’ve used? The 4 classes I play (Ranger, Guardian, Mesmer, Thief) all have nothing but cleaves which damage the oozes around him.

Any tips and insight into the fight appreciated!

Subject 7 achievement

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

thief has dagger mainhand, so no cleave.

Just auto attack him down to 50% as thief, create distance, scorpion wire away from the currently spawned oozes, pop guild and haste, and dps him to 0 before newly spawned oozes can start healing.

Subject 7 achievement

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Nothing but cleaves? How about pistols for theif (cant remember if daggers cleave), bows for ranger, and scepter for guardian. If you have good dps just use one of these weapons and strafe around the cage.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Subject 7 achievement

in Queen's Jubilee

Ursan.7846

thief has dagger mainhand, so no cleave.

Just auto attack him down to 50% as thief, create distance, scorpion wire away from the currently spawned oozes, pop guild and haste, and dps him to 0 before newly spawned oozes can start healing.

Thief dagger auto doesn’t cleave? Or are you talking about spamming 2?

May I see your build please? =)

Nothing but cleaves? How about pistols for theif (cant remember if daggers cleave), bows for ranger, and scepter for guardian. If you have good dps just use one of these weapons and strafe around the cage.

One of the problems I have with those weapons is the little oozes get in the way of them, so I don’t always have a direct line of sight. The scorpion wire advise is useful though.

Subject 7 achievement

in Queen's Jubilee

ryokoalways.3450

Dagger auto attack doesn’t cleave.

25/30/0/0/15
dagger/pistol

grab all damage traits

Fight the first 50% with auto attack and black powder.

When he reaches 50%, dodge roll away, then pull main ooze with scorpion wire. Then pop thieve’s guild and haste.

Subject 7 achievement

in Queen's Jubilee

Ursan.7846

Dagger auto attack doesn’t cleave.

25/30/0/0/15
dagger/pistol

grab all damage traits

Fight the first 50% with auto attack and black powder.

When he reaches 50%, dodge roll away, then pull main ooze with scorpion wire. Then pop thieve’s guild and haste.

I’m assuming full zerkers?

Subject 7 achievement

in Queen's Jubilee

ryokoalways.3450

Of course.

atatatata

Subject 7 achievement

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

i got the achievement using cleric gear,BM ranger with shortbow, atk him at point blank and jaguar pet.Don’t activate piercing shot trait,don’t use axe,torch skill 5,etc.

Subject 7 achievement

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

Thief dagger auto doesn’t cleave?

necro dagger doesnt either; its a defining trait of dagger mainhand

necro might be good at getting the achievement… condi build using scepter (just auto attacking and running around) or power build with dagger/x and axe/x

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Subject 7 achievement

in Queen's Jubilee

Ursan.7846

i got the achievement using cleric gear,BM ranger with shortbow, atk him at point blank and jaguar pet.Don’t activate piercing shot trait,don’t use axe,torch skill 5,etc.

o_O that is a great idea. Thanks.

Subject 7 achievement

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Null.9743

Null.9743

I did it as Mesmer the other night though it wasn’t the easiest thing I’ve ever done.

Basically, you want to make a mantra build and then get the trait that gives heals when you cast a mantra. To damage him, use your greatsword auto attack (Superior Lightning sigil may help) and then be spamming the Damage Mantra as well as your healing mantra when necessary.

You might have to move around the room a bit to make sure you’re not piercing other oozes on GS auto attack but you should be able to out-damage his oozes heals and survive long enough to kill him with practise.

Subject 7 achievement

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I used the strategy that someone here recommended for guardian, and I was sure it wasn’t going to work.

Usually you’d want to use sceptre, right? Well you don’t do as much DPS with it, and sometimes when you are kiting across the room, you get out of range from the far oozes and they go near the boss.

It’s better to go sword/shield with reflection and shield of judgment.
Basically you want to fight infront of the boss, and making sure that you stand within his hit box (you’ll have to jump on to him) so that it’ll slowly push him away from oozes. If too many oozes spawn and you start taking damage, pop your utilities. You can control him by positioning yourself properly (don’t corner him against the edge).

When he reaches low enough health, you can burn him down with GS (just hope no oozes spawn nearby)

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/