Subject 7 update nerf

Subject 7 update nerf

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lodovicus.1562

Lodovicus.1562

According to the GW2 Wiki page:

Queen’s Gauntlet: Adjusted the rewards given for defeating Subject 7, the veteran ooze.

Why doesn’t the person in charge of the patch notes grow a pair and call a spade a spade and a nerf and nerf instead of trying to sugar-coat things with euphemisms such as “adjusted”.

The word you’re looking for is “reduced”.

(edited by Lodovicus.1562)

Subject 7 update nerf

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

The wiki page is a direct copy paste (minus the wiki notes) of the patch notes.

Subject 7 update nerf

in Queen's Jubilee

Lodovicus.1562

The wiki page is a direct copy paste (minus the wiki notes) of the patch notes.

Editted, wasn’t having a moan at the Wiki updaters just whichever wordsmith is in charge of beating around the bush with the patch notes.

Subject 7 update nerf

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

What a ridiculous thing to nitpick at.

Subject 7 update nerf

in Queen's Jubilee

Lodovicus.1562

My nitpicking is only a front for my bitterness at the nerf itself.

I would just prefer it that they’d come out and say the rewards had been reduced rather than be shame-faced and ambiguous about it. I am sure they would have no qualms about saying rewards had been increased by rather than reduced by ~60%.

Subject 7 update nerf

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

The rewards were reduced to the point you lose money by fighting him. It’s really, really sad.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Subject 7 update nerf

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Isn’t this basically the case with deadeye as well?

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Subject 7 update nerf

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

They nerfed Subject 7 essentially nerfing a warrior farm.
However they didn’t nerf deadeye which is a guardian/mesmer farm.

Its good to have alts.

And even then if they nerf almost all of them, even the 1st guy can be killed with 3-5 gambits by running around him in circles ranging.

(edited by KingClash.3186)

Subject 7 update nerf

in Queen's Jubilee

Stormleaf.1769

My nitpicking is only a front for my bitterness at the nerf itself.

I would just prefer it that they’d come out and say the rewards had been reduced rather than be shame-faced and ambiguous about it. I am sure they would have no qualms about saying rewards had been increased by rather than reduced by ~60%.

It should be obvious to anyone capable of thinking for themselves that this “adjustment” was a nerf. A reduction is still an adjustment, so there’s absolutely no logical reason reason to be upset about their word choice.

Don’t take your bitterness out on the person writing the notes, or even ArenaNet as a whole. Farming this was clearly far more profitable and easy than they intended, but they still added plenty of other lucrative farming methods with this patch.

Subject 7 update nerf

in Queen's Jubilee

Lodovicus.1562

It should be obvious to anyone capable of thinking for themselves that this “adjustment” was a nerf. A reduction is still an adjustment, so there’s absolutely no logical reason reason to be upset about their word choice.

A reduction is an adjustment. An increase is an adjustment. Replacing silver coins with Honey Nut Cheerios is an adjustment.

“Adjustment” is still ambiguous and sugar-coating.

Subject 7 update nerf

in Queen's Jubilee

Stormleaf.1769

A reduction is an adjustment. An increase is an adjustment. Replacing silver coins with Honey Nut Cheerios is an adjustment.

“Adjustment” is still ambiguous and sugar-coating.

It’s hardly ambiguous when the people reading the note already know what it means. Every sensible person farming Subject 7 knew it was only a matter of time before the rewards would be reduced in some way. There is no way “adjustment” means anything other than a nerf in that scenario.