Thank You - Deadeye Finally Changed

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I was suspicious as soon as GW2 updated. Entered with just one gambit instead of five, and sure enough deadeye now pull aggro from all around the arena. I think he also teleports more often.

Yaay! Now I can finally go back to doing more interesting stuff. At least I milked it for all it was worth. Got 80g in the past two days.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well I got my 400g from this, but they could at least be honest in the patch notes…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aycee.9162

Aycee.9162

Apparently Guardians can still farm it, and also still possible on mesmers just slightly harder

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lig.4023

Lig.4023

Still works fine for my guardian, just have to be quicker with the initial port and wall and he goes down just the same….even his first port is to the middle…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marauding Scum.6728

Marauding Scum.6728

I can’t check the game yet, but I have heard the following:

quaggan aggros immediately
deadeye will shoot you immediately once you spawn in
reflected shots hit him back for 10-20 dmg
deadeye no longer teleports to spawn in 10 seconds

I believe 4 gambits is still doable if these are all the changes, when I first got with my guardian around it I would never use WoR to kill him, then I moved to thief due to the less downtime between fights.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

kitten i was going to farm him some more tonight…. oh well back to orr rotations. And good job Anet with the stealth patch…. just keep building that trust. Also did they really think we wouldn’t notice?
Edit: People are saying guard can still do it, back to farming….

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I haven’t made anything really. That is ok though. But some more clarity on actual changes in patch notes would be nice. Not sure why it’s a secret and weren’t told. Again, it’s ok to change it. Some would even say good or great change but better patch notes are needed. This isn’t the first time either when these undocumented changes are made.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

I had finally found a way to make money. QQ
Wasn’t even making money that fast either because I don’t have the magical right gear for it. Shame on me for not being a PvE zerker player huh.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Oh yes, Guardians most certainly can still farm him with 4 gambits

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Still beatable on engineer. Just have to sort of reset my rotations a bit and get used to the changes. Made enough to buy my precursor, so I am thankful this came after that

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Guardians can still farm it no problem. It just made it way harder for everyone else since he now killshots in melee range too. Laughable.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

LOLZ anet tries to stealth nerf a farming spot and they didn’t even do it right……

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

OH COME ON!!!! I just learned about it yesterday!!! I didn’t even make 40g from it…COME ON!!!!

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

KOPPER.1458

I seem to be having an issue then. WOR seems to do a lot less damage, he is charging the head shot in melee then teleports in instant kills me. Lack of ascended makes that big a difference in dps?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aycee.9162

Aycee.9162

Also thieves can do 4 gambit farming at the same speed.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Sad penguin is sad. I had only recently discovered this. Oh well, back to farming Liadri.

Oh wait…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

I was suspicious as soon as GW2 updated. Entered with just one gambit instead of five, and sure enough deadeye now pull aggro from all around the arena. I think he also teleports more often.

Yaay! Now I can finally go back to doing more interesting stuff. At least I milked it for all it was worth. Got 80g in the past two days.

I think its totally random. I tried farming this for a little and he always changed his pattern, at least for me…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

OH COME ON!!!! I just learned about it yesterday!!! I didn’t even make 40g from it…COME ON!!!!

Do it on a guardian. No change whatsoever and they already had the easiest time farming it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Xodus.7802

Xodus.7802

give it an hour and they will nerf the reward.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marauding Scum.6728

Marauding Scum.6728

I seem to be having an issue then. WOR seems to do a lot less damage, he is charging the head shot in melee then teleports in instant kills me. Lack of ascended makes that big a difference in dps?

You certainly need more DPS if had tight clear times before as you have less damage coming from reflects, you also need to use blinds when you know the killshot is coming and maybe use your shield of wrath/zealot defense when he is doing the other regular attacks.

Try to observe other guardians doing it, fill bloodlust stacks downstairs and use damage increasing food/oils if you really need and I’m pretty sure ascended isn’t needed at all.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Doing it perfectly fine on my Thief still.

If they’re going to nerf it, do it properly.

Oh, and MENTION IT ON THE PATCH NOTES. The dishonesty is sickening me.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: PokerTuna.6170

PokerTuna.6170

“new build” my kitten . Was killing him with my guard within 6-7 seconds, now he uses insta-shot from melee at 50% hp and it’s way harder → not worth my time.
Good that I got my fair share of gold while I still could tho nerfing it is dumb ( not to mention dishonesty )

in Queen's Jubilee

KOPPER.1458

ok I wasn’t using bloodlust stacks at all before.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Xodus.7802

Xodus.7802

be careful when talking about patch notes they will delete your post and give you an infraction, ive had 2 infractions in 10mins for calling them dishonest

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Based on the changes I think guards and thieves should still have no problem? Meanwhile I got kittened on my ranger. Smh.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Mesmers can still do this fairly easily with 3-4 gambits

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Do it on a guardian. No change whatsoever and they already had the easiest time farming it.

I don’t have a guardian -__-’

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Based on the changes I think guards and thieves should still have no problem? Meanwhile I got kittened on my ranger. Smh.

You’re not used to this by now?
On the other hand they made pets path around the mines now!!

…not.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Don’t know the ranger class too well, but I’m bleeding him to death with me engi at range. I know ya’ll have high range too. This could be a possibility?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lig.4023

Lig.4023

“new build” my kitten . Was killing him with my guard within 6-7 seconds, now he uses insta-shot from melee at 50% hp and it’s way harder -> not worth my time.
Good that I got my fair share of gold while I still could tho nerfing it is dumb ( not to mention dishonesty )

still able to kill him in 7-8 seconds now…just have to use 4 for the blind once your first one from 2 wears off. And when that one wears off 2 should be up again for when he ports.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

TheUltimateBackStabber.4863

Lol I just spent 48g to get gear needed on my guardian. Few hours later.. Nerfed xD meh, can still do it on my guardian tho. Made 43g so far ^^

Asuran race is the best… +
Fluttershy #1 :)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Lol I just spent 48g to get gear needed on my guardian. Few hours later.. Nerfed xD meh, can still do it on my guardian tho. Made 43g so far ^^

Guardians master class hur hur

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

I can’t believe people are still just now finding out about this >.>

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Rangers can still Kill him with 4 gambits too. Just tested it. It takes alot longer though, you still have to know when to use that signet of stone and your heals, otherwise, you get fairly easily flattened, just like before it was changed.

A few points though…

• Like someone above said, deadeye shoots you pretty much once the match starts,….with his killshot too.
  • Deadeye seems to teleport now way more often, seems like every 5 seconds.
  • Teleports are also random.
  • His Killshot seems to activate twice as often as well.

…I feel bad for Warriors. I don’t think they can do this anymore…..

(I’m going to add them as I go…)
Edit – Ouch….Its hard, But its still doable with Rangers on 5 gambits, barely.
Edit 2 – Even more ouch. With Frailty on, I down instantly because Deadeye instantly uses his killshot first.
Edit 3 – Sometimes, even without Frailty, his Killshot insta downs me from the middle of the ring.
Edit 4 – Also, Even while I am pulling him with Path of Scars, His killshot goes off anyways instead of interrupting, which is when it inta downs me. I think that has something to do with connection speed though, not the fight itself. Still annoying though…
Edit 5 – His Killshot continues to activate even in the middle of teleporting, as well as any other skill he is using. giving you very little time to react if he does teleport and the attack goes off.
Edit 6 – …..Don’t Forget the mines that explode and respawn every coupld of seconds. Also don’t forget the one that is immediately to your left when the match starts…
Edit 7 – My Synopsis. Anet is still worse at “fixing” things than they are at “breaking” them!
Edit 8 – Put quotation marks around fixing and breaking.
Edit 9 – Since there is no discernable pattern anymore, does Deadeye even belong in the Queen’s Gauntlet anymore? Considering that all the other bosses have specific patterns of attack and movement?

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

uguu~ so much harder now

http://youtu.be/dQSG2yJAq2o

Retired. Too many casuals.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Can do it with 5 gambits on necro still, I cant kill him every time but its easily 90% which is still profitable. It also takes slightly longer but there is still money to be made before they nerf the reward.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Clouded Judgement.7834

Clouded Judgement.7834

Now how are the people who DIDNT abuse it meant to get the 5 gambit win?
I only just found out about this & thanks for the nerf.. NOT

Just nerf his loot not the fight

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Clouded Judgement.7834

Clouded Judgement.7834

Basket of Boxes can you please post your build and strategy?
Thanks,

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Now how are the people who DIDNT abuse it meant to get the 5 gambit win?
I only just found out about this & thanks for the nerf.. NOT

Just nerf his loot not the fight

…You can still do it with 5 gambits very easily…

Edit : As a Better Idea, instead of nerfing the loot, how about in the future, Instead of ZOMG! Stealth Nerf!!!!

Instead, Anet makes it to where we can only get rewards from a certain number of matches per day? Like 25 matches top? That makes the maximum amount of gold you can get about 12.

After that, we just get the same number of tickets as we gambled, plus one extra?

Because, people can still farm this into the ground and walk away with quite a bit of gold. Limiting the amount of gold they can get per day would be a much better way to deal with this. Yes, over 30 days its still 360 gold, but its not several thousand like some people were trying to do.

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Gear is a mix of carrion and rabid with 6 Runes of Perplexity, Scepter and Dagger
30 (I,IV,XI) Death’s embrace actually made a huge difference as a few times I would get down when he was at about 10% and it helps stay alive and finish him off
30 (II,IX,XI)
10 (IV) the protection from using Well of Blood combined with weakness is enough to survive a Kill Shot if you are lucky and miss a blind or fear

Well of Blood, Blood Is Power, Spectral Grasp, Signet of Spite, Flesh Golem

The beginning strategy is the same everytime Signet of Spite followed by Blood is Power. If he uses kill shot as his first attack it will miss so use scepter 1 and 2 to start laying down the bleeds, sometimes he will barrage first so you will need to wait till the last shot of the barrage to use Deathly Swarm. If Kill shot was the first attack he may use a second one before porting I usually use Deathly Swarm here because I didn’t need it for the first kill shot, every second run I have the golem up so I sometimes use Charge as well to make sure. When he ports pull him with Spectral grasp and you can finish him off with scepter 1 and 2 using DS fear if necessary. It is certainly a lot harder than before and you have to pay attention but as I said I can beat him about 90% of the time. Take all gambits but Crowd Favourite.

EDIT: Food is 70 cond, 40% duration along with Master Tuning Crystal and these are often the difference between success and failure

(edited by Basket of Boxes.1976)