The "I give up beating Liadri" Club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

In all seriousness, if there are any questions that people have about the Liadri fight, or any specific things that people want help with, just ask. There have been numerous helpful posts on this board about the fight.

I mean, if it’s getting to you so badly that you’re posting things like the guy above me, then certainly you must have some questions, or would benefit from some sort of guidance.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

In all seriousness, if there are any questions that people have about the Liadri fight, or any specific things that people want help with, just ask. There have been numerous helpful posts on this board about the fight.

I mean, if it’s getting to you so badly that you’re posting things like the guy above me, then certainly you must have some questions, or would benefit from some sort of guidance.

You misunderstand. I know the fight in and out. I’ve gotten as close as dropping her to 10% HP, just to be ripped across the arena by a cosmic orb right underneath Shadowfall. It’s TOO BLOODY HARD. As if the fight itself was not bad enough, the orbs add that little touch of random circumstance that make or break a match to the point of outright luck being a deciding factor in whether or not you fail or succeed.

It would be a complete non-issue if it was not a mini waiting at that goal line. If it was an achievement, gold, a title, or what-have-you I’d have no trouble at all just not bothering. Good Lord how I wish it were so. I wouldn’t be breaking out in a rash I’m pretty sure is stress related right now.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

If you got her to 10% you will take her down eventually. You still have a little over 2 weeks to achieve this.

in Queen's Jubilee

KStudios.2850

If you got her to 10% you will take her down eventually. You still have a little over 2 weeks to achieve this.

I will not last two weeks. Even if my sanity could hold out, I’ve got 2g 31s left. That’s after hawking all my ectos and anything else circumstance has opted me to sell to stay in the match. I’m drowning here.

Yumiko Togashii

in Queen's Jubilee

Bovinity.8610

Don’t take this as another, “omg I’m so leet and ur not” posts, but if you knew the fight inside and out then you’d beat it.

There has to be some little thing that you could improve on, whether it be improving your movement (circling as CLOSE to the center of the room as possible, not along the outside like I’ve seen a lot of people saying.) getting your phase 1 down to a science (should be able to get the first 3 shades into the first 3 pools and land each orb, every time, because it’s the exact same pattern every time) or simply changing your damage method (condition damage is absolutely broken on her, if that’s an option for you)

in Queen's Jubilee

KStudios.2850

Don’t take this as another, “omg I’m so leet and ur not” posts, but if you knew the fight inside and out then you’d beat it.

There has to be some little thing that you could improve on, whether it be improving your movement (circling as CLOSE to the center of the room as possible, not along the outside like I’ve seen a lot of people saying.) getting your phase 1 down to a science (should be able to get the first 3 shades into the first 3 pools and land each orb, every time, because it’s the exact same pattern every time) or simply changing your damage method (condition damage is absolutely broken on her, if that’s an option for you)

Yup. The floor of my fave dome is completely down to memory up to, but not beyond, the fourth swirling portal appearing. I usually get her moving by the third, but I just die if I for some reason miss the fourth. There’s no point trying after that. I wouldn’t have the damage output to succeed within the time allotted. On the flip side, going any less tank and more damage and she rips me apart before phase 2 can even start. How some people are pulling this off with zerker gear is completely beyond my understanding or skill.

Yumiko Togashii

(edited by KStudios.2850)

in Queen's Jubilee

Bovinity.8610

On the flip side, going and less tank and more damage and she rips me apart before phase 2 can even start. How some people are pulling this off with zerker gear is completely beyond my understanding or skill.

A-ha! See, we’ve found something.

Her shadowbolt things are dodgeable in Phase 1, that’s the only way to get out of Phase 1 without being totally torn up. Generally moving left/right relative to her is enough to avoid them – she does seem to “lead” the shots, so just moving in one direction still gets you hit, have to juke a little. It does take practice to get the timing down, but you should be able to end Phase 1 with full life or close to it fairly often. I’d suggest taking a try or two without even trying to “win”, just see if you can get the timing down to dodge shadowbolts in Phase 1.

Once you get the pattern down in Phase 1, there’s a LOT of downtime, and if you’re just standing still waiting on shades, that’s a ton of damage you’re taking for sure.

Also, which class/spec are you running? I’ll bet Ranger, that’s the only class I’ve had issues making the timer with. (kitten you, pet) But I did manage it in full Knight’s gear and Shortbow, so it’s doable. Just a little tighter than other classes, I figure.

In either case, it seems to be managing HP in Phase 1 and the resulting shift to tankier stats that’s holding you back. I think if you can get the timing down to dodge the bolts and move to a Zerkier gear set, you can pull it off.

(edited by Bovinity.8610)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

you don’t need zerk gear, I did it with only 3 zerk pieces. and I didn’t memorize anything. I just had a strategy for every possible outcome.

That pretty much also counts as “knowing the fight inside out”

All is vain.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

Ya, I am here right now. My main problem is that I can’t take 2 hits without going down. Zzzzz

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

For those of you that have taken a break from the fight, I understand. Enjoy the rest of the game but please don’t throw away the Queen’s Gauntlet Tickets you will be acquiring. After you feel less frustrated and are armed again, just give it another shot. Here’s some advice I have:

• The Arenas Are Not Equal: Some Arenas are easier to fight Liadri in than others. The Asura Arena is by far the easiest one, and the Norn Arena is the worst. (The 2nd Radiant Hope spawns against the wall there)
  • Don’t Use Immobilize: Not only Liadri immune to Immobilize, but it actually is bugged. It removed a Condition from Liadri if you try to Immobilize her.
  • Use Everything! If you feel like a kill is close, you can use a Strength Booster, Speed Booster and Armor Booster if you have any lying around. Also, WvW bonuses apply to the Crown Pavellion (if you are not in Overflow) so keep that in mind. The extra Healing/Damage Reduction and Health can make a big difference when learning. You’ll get more bonuses the later into the week it is. Also, while most Consumable bundles are stripped, Embers and Ogre Pet Whistle still work. (Although they die instantly to the AoE so use them wisely)

I have seen a large variety of Professions and builds beat her. The ones I have seen struggle are Cleric-based builds and Staff Elementalist. While it is possible to beat her with sub-optimal specs, it’s much more difficult. If you feel like you are struggling, it might be your build holding you back for this fight; a simple switch in just weapon and traits might be all the difference you need to make the fight feel very easy. (You might not need full Armor/Runes/Accessories changes)

Good luck, and don’t give up!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Skipper De Longmont.8734

Skipper De Longmont.8734

I gave up at the tornado lady.

You mean the get her to half HPs and then so may tornadoes hit you, you never get a chance to do anything again and the stability buff skills don’t work?

Yeah I try once a day, but for the most part I know I suck and that one isn’t fun for me to play.

Going back to get the diving point in the Aetherblade JP… its my 212th time, but at least its fun.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

got it, ironically the achievement chest put me at the 5,500 tier
so was it worth it? nooooo
plenty of people are still frustrated with this
oh, and i cheated
ok, not really.. but, i’m a staff elementalist and i used my non-usual weapon set
using staff i’ve gotten it to about 20%, i know i could probably get it.. i’ve already wasted enough time on this as it is though
it’s good to stress your character out and try new builds etc..
but the sad fact remains, they failed to provide varied difficulties and award accordingly

i certainly don’t feel more skilled than the next person for getting this
if they decided to offer a nerfed version for people who are stressed out on it
i’m totally cool with that

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

I will not last two weeks. Even if my sanity could hold out, I’ve got 2g 31s left. That’s after hawking all my ectos and anything else circumstance has opted me to sell to stay in the match. I’m drowning here.

Well, I’d be happy to toss you some gold to help you finish the achievement if you ever run out. Just contact me in-game.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I gave up at the tornado lady.

You mean the get her to half HPs and then so may tornadoes hit you, you never get a chance to do anything again and the stability buff skills don’t work?

Yeah I try once a day, but for the most part I know I suck and that one isn’t fun for me to play.

Going back to get the diving point in the Aetherblade JP… its my 212th time, but at least its fun.

Exactly. I might could get her below 50% if I could actually zoom out the camera from the bubble-imposed 1st person view mode. >.<

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Took me about 50 tickets to beat her, and multiple respecs and gear swaps playing a warrior, but I did beat her. Anet said themselves that not all specs will work, and you will need to re-tune gear and traits, so I did.

The following was as a warrior:

1st entering – orb pulls me, and darkness falling kills me. Ok, not a great start, but never did it before. Watched people ahead of me, learned that i need to destroy those orbs, ok.

2nd attempt – ok, killed the orb with GS, dodged, how the frick to i do dmg to her? What are these white lights? do I stand in them to get a buff like the other chick? Oh crap, wasnt paying attention, clone got me. Watch players again, saw they kited clones into the light things and threw an item. Ohh…ok.

attempt 10 – ok, I’m starting to see a pattern with the light spawning, I can memorize where the first 3 appear and I’ll range the orbs so I dont have to move a lot. Orbs are obstructed…I qq to other watchers and get told that they cant be ranged, only melee’d. Drat. but i noticed that after I get the second crystal to throw, a second orb spawns…

attempt 17 – OMG OMG OMG! I made it to p2! Now to put down my banner and…whoa! too many red circles! Dodge! Oh crap, cripple! weakness?! clones! death from above! gah!!!

Attempt 26 – ok, banner as a trait bad idea, so I will use shake it off, FGJ, and OMM plus sigil. kitten it, I wasnt watching the red circles again…

(sleep)

attempt 30 – Ok, p2 again, sigil, shouts, charge with GS and 100b and…owowowowowow and crashing from above, dead. Ok, bum rushing not working for me. And I have no ‘oh crap’ skill. Plus dodge not regening fast enough. So, time to sit back and think a bit. I can use the signet for dodge regen, and removes conditions, good. healing signet will help with the base dmg in p1. Endure pain will be my oh crap button. That leaves me with FGJ and sigil for dmg boosts.

Attempt 33 – ugh! I just cant melee her with GS, its too risky. I’ll try rifling p2. But I noticed that there are safe spots in the area that no red circles spawn, and it goes in the same direction, if I just run across the middle more, I can stay in there and dps…

Attempt 36 – Indeed, the cutting more across the inner zone to a safe area works. I even survived to the time limit! progress! Now my problem is dmg. Rifle isnt working. I’ll try bow.

Attempt 40 – Ok, bow is working better for me, but its not fast enough, and I am making mistakes still. Ok, full on condition gear. Change spec for increased condition duration, dogged march for extra healing and reduced time on cripple, the stance mastery to give me vigor when using my stance, as I should use it as a last resort when out of dodges anyway, lemon grass food for more reduce cripple time and weakness. oil for weapon.

Attempt 44 – Ok, keep calm. phase 2, dont rush, rushing leads to mistakes. Just run and shoot, spam fire and bleed when up, aoe orbs if pulled with 3. She’s almost dead…I can do this! She’s at a quarter of a bar..! Screw it! GS swap, charge in, endure pain, 100b…YES!!! WOO! I beat her!

Guy who thought I lost – “you should use rifle, better dmg”
Me – “Killed her with conditions with bow.”
Guy – “what? no way.”
Me – points to mini “yes.”

My friend was also getting ticked off at her, raging at me in pms how it was so stupid. But he still kept at it and beat it. But at least to lessen the difficulty, yeah, fix cameras…

in Queen's Jubilee

cheshirefox.7026

my strategy for mostly all the matches was bleed them to death ._.
except the ones that had a gimmick, still used conditions though

i can outswim a centaur!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

After 110 tries i give up aswell, sadly not only on Liadri but gw2 aswell. I guess i pushed to hard and burned out, not to mention trying different builds equipment runes etc pretty much ruined me

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

I retract my previous statement, finally beat her…somehow. Not going to touch 8 orbs cheevo, that is more headache than I need.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Queen's Jubilee

cheshirefox.7026

the achievements i got on my way to the mini are the only ones i’m doing
the mini doesn’t count toward mini achievement by the way >_>

i can outswim a centaur!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kronus.6048

Kronus.6048

Took me about 50 tickets to beat her, and multiple respecs and gear swaps playing a warrior, but I did beat her. Anet said themselves that not all specs will work, and you will need to re-tune gear and traits, so I did.

The following was as a warrior:

1st entering – orb pulls me, and darkness falling kills me. Ok, not a great start, but never did it before. Watched people ahead of me, learned that i need to destroy those orbs, ok.

2nd attempt – ok, killed the orb with GS, dodged, how the frick to i do dmg to her? What are these white lights? do I stand in them to get a buff like the other chick? Oh crap, wasnt paying attention, clone got me. Watch players again, saw they kited clones into the light things and threw an item. Ohh…ok.

attempt 10 – ok, I’m starting to see a pattern with the light spawning, I can memorize where the first 3 appear and I’ll range the orbs so I dont have to move a lot. Orbs are obstructed…I qq to other watchers and get told that they cant be ranged, only melee’d. Drat. but i noticed that after I get the second crystal to throw, a second orb spawns…

attempt 17 – OMG OMG OMG! I made it to p2! Now to put down my banner and…whoa! too many red circles! Dodge! Oh crap, cripple! weakness?! clones! death from above! gah!!!

Attempt 26 – ok, banner as a trait bad idea, so I will use shake it off, FGJ, and OMM plus sigil. kitten it, I wasnt watching the red circles again…

(sleep)

attempt 30 – Ok, p2 again, sigil, shouts, charge with GS and 100b and…owowowowowow and crashing from above, dead. Ok, bum rushing not working for me. And I have no ‘oh crap’ skill. Plus dodge not regening fast enough. So, time to sit back and think a bit. I can use the signet for dodge regen, and removes conditions, good. healing signet will help with the base dmg in p1. Endure pain will be my oh crap button. That leaves me with FGJ and sigil for dmg boosts.

Attempt 33 – ugh! I just cant melee her with GS, its too risky. I’ll try rifling p2. But I noticed that there are safe spots in the area that no red circles spawn, and it goes in the same direction, if I just run across the middle more, I can stay in there and dps…

Attempt 36 – Indeed, the cutting more across the inner zone to a safe area works. I even survived to the time limit! progress! Now my problem is dmg. Rifle isnt working. I’ll try bow.

Attempt 40 – Ok, bow is working better for me, but its not fast enough, and I am making mistakes still. Ok, full on condition gear. Change spec for increased condition duration, dogged march for extra healing and reduced time on cripple, the stance mastery to give me vigor when using my stance, as I should use it as a last resort when out of dodges anyway, lemon grass food for more reduce cripple time and weakness. oil for weapon.

Attempt 44 – Ok, keep calm. phase 2, dont rush, rushing leads to mistakes. Just run and shoot, spam fire and bleed when up, aoe orbs if pulled with 3. She’s almost dead…I can do this! She’s at a quarter of a bar..! Screw it! GS swap, charge in, endure pain, 100b…YES!!! WOO! I beat her!

Guy who thought I lost – “you should use rifle, better dmg”
Me – “Killed her with conditions with bow.”
Guy – “what? no way.”
Me – points to mini “yes.”

My friend was also getting ticked off at her, raging at me in pms how it was so stupid. But he still kept at it and beat it. But at least to lessen the difficulty, yeah, fix cameras…

lol mine was like this:

attempt 1-20: WTF she’s cheating god freaking dammit it’s insane!

attempt 40-60: Ok finally got used with the awful red circles. Now I want to rage at the clones.

attempt 60-80: Clones are good, but WTF is wrong with that @##$%^ orb? Dang it!

attempt 80-100: Dang it, finally in phase 2 and now I have to deal with everything + circles covering half of the arena, liandri getting touchy and inflicting cripple all the time and ALSO more clones!

attempt 100-120: Rage!

attempt 120-140: More rage!

attempt 140-150: OMG NOT ENOUGH DPS!

Attempt 155: FINALLY! YES! YES! YES! Now I’d rather drink poison than try darkness achievement

Note on that, I play an engineer and no, after all those attempts I still wouldn’t touch that BLASTED mini again.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Remember, this is a thread for those who’ve given up on fighting Liadri the Concealing Dark, not for those who have beaten her. There’s one for that already.

in Queen's Jubilee

KStudios.2850

I’ve not given up…

I can’t…

It’s a mini…

My aforementioned friend is out of town for the weekend…

I’ve now spent $10 for gems to buy more tickets…

Which I’m sure anyone from Anet would consider some sort of validation on their end for doing what they did…

If there’s a hell specifically made for me, it probably looks something like the POV of the Asuran dome…

Yumiko Togashii

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

I’ve now spent $10 for gems to buy more tickets….

You know can farm champs for tickets, right?

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

I gave up after trying for about 20 times to beat her. I just have a hard time seeing the aoe circles.

(edited by Greyfur.1082)

in Queen's Jubilee

KStudios.2850

I’ve now spent $10 for gems to buy more tickets….

You know can farm champs for tickets, right?

Yup. Just suck so bad I’m blowing through them at an unprecedented rate.

Yumiko Togashii

in Queen's Jubilee

Kronus.6048

Remember, this is a thread for those who’ve given up on fighting Liadri the Concealing Dark, not for those who have beaten her. There’s one for that already.

well I did gave up on darkness achievement, it’s too insane

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Geez, so this is why anet is ok with all the gold being generated. Liadri might be the best gold sink in the game.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Queen's Jubilee

Kronus.6048

Geez, so this is why anet is ok with all the gold being generated. Liadri might be the best gold sink in the game.

That’s the irony Chopps. Some players make lots of gold while others spend crazy amounts on liandri.

in Queen's Jubilee

Nilkemia.8507

I think the Mystic Forge still has her beat, due to being around much longer, if nothing else. If people are losing all their gold over this boss, it’s a good sign that it’s better to not try at all.

in Queen's Jubilee

cheshirefox.7026

let me throw in that there are 6 mini chests in the arena that you can run through
so that’s 6 tickets there, i think they might only spawn once a day though

i can outswim a centaur!

in Queen's Jubilee

KStudios.2850

Just joined the club. I’ve got nothing left to give on day five, 237 attempts, and nothing to show for any of it.

I’m walking, while I still got boots on my feet.

Yumiko Togashii

in Queen's Jubilee

Kronus.6048

Just joined the club. I’ve got nothing left to give on day five, 237 attempts, and nothing to show for any of it.

I’m walking, while I still got boots on my feet.

sell your boots to buy more tickets -_-

in Queen's Jubilee

Nilkemia.8507

No! Keep the boots! They have many uses, unlike those tickets.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I’ve been able to beat her multiple times, but I think I might’ve given up on the 8 orb achievement. I’ve almost been able to get it a few times… one time I had her hit with all the orbs and at 2% health, but then I mucked up a dodge and died. Just didn’t really feel like doing it again after that.

Other than the camera bugging out, the two things that annoyed me the most were the blinding effect (that thing starts bothering my eyes after awhile) and the fact that the different arenas had different layouts. If you went from one arena to the next, the locations of the light pools would be offset a bit, meaning any sort of pattern you may have developed could become invalidated. As such, it may be easier or harder depending on your choice of arena, even though they should technically be the same.

That thing is certainly not lag friendly though. I’ve been hit mid-dodge several times, and the orbs of light will sometimes just delete themselves when I attempt to throw them. Sometimes I have to spam the F key just to pick them up properly.

I know one guy who doesn’t even load properly into the arena before he’s already half or completely dead, so there’s no point in him even trying to get anywhere in the gauntlet. I guess the worst that you miss out on is a non-tradeable mini and some achievement points, so it’s not the end of the world.

in Queen's Jubilee

KStudios.2850

Not the end of the world, no. Though I’m coping with the fact that my mini collection is now, and shall be, irrevocably incomplete.

Yumiko Togashii

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Not the end of the world, no. Though I’m coping with the fact that my mini collection is now, and shall be, irrevocably incomplete.

Well, this is supposed to be an annual event, so I suppose it’s possible that Liadri will make a return next year. I guess we won’t know for sure until that time though.

in Queen's Jubilee

KStudios.2850

Well, this is supposed to be an annual event, so I suppose it’s possible that Liadri will make a return next year. I guess we won’t know for sure until that time though.

Highly unlikely I’m putting myself through that again.

Yumiko Togashii

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Xinto.9061

Xinto.9061

I just joined the club

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Exvillain.5097

Exvillain.5097

it wouldn’t be so bad if the fights weren’t effected by the number of people/zerg farming below in crown pavilion. why didn’t they use instance for these fights is beyond me.
I somehow was able to manage previous fights with low fps but in this last fight, I constantly get one shotted because fight is so laggy that I can’t even see where the shadow falls are dropping.

(edited by Exvillain.5097)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

I’m very close to applying for admission to this club. :P

last night I got her down to a point where I couldn’t even see any health any more. Then the floor opened….

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I give up. Screw it!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

I give up. I find the first part very easy, second part always gets me. After trying over 70 times, this is not for me.

Leaving GW2 on the 27th, so it’s just as well. Don’t even care about getting my birthday gift at the end of this month.

(edited by Tower Guard.5263)

in Queen's Jubilee

cheshirefox.7026

the sad part is one of the best arenas to do this is over pyroxis spot
try doing liadri with no stamina z_z

i can outswim a centaur!

in Queen's Jubilee

Nilkemia.8507

I give up. I find the first part very easy, second part always gets me. After trying over 70 times, this is not for me.

Leaving GW2 on the 27th, so it’s just as well. Don’t even care about getting my birthday gift at the end of this month.

Aww. Well, I understand. This boss is really that bad.

in Queen's Jubilee

cheshirefox.7026

don’t blame ’em
straw that broke the camels back sort of thing

i can outswim a centaur!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

I’ll give you this, I know how to beat her, but my reflexes are not what they used to be. I play a guard as my name suggests and in this fight there are 2 ways to save yourself from dead in part 2. Focus 5 and the elite skill Renewed Focus. Usually when I die I used them too late or not at all, this could be because of my slow reaction or misjudging the distance to clear the red circles with a dodge. So I dodge, but I should have used one of those skills. Also noticing the shadows too late does me in a lot of times. I could say the camera is bad, but I’ll just add that as part of the difficulty. In the end it is what it is. Knowing the mechanics of the fight and actually clearing it are two different things.

A friend of mine couldn’t beat her with his Mesmer so he craft lvled a warrior to zerk her down. It took him a couple of attempts but in the end he did it. I could try the same, but I I’m not that hardcore.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Soyle.1285

Soyle.1285

If I knew back then what I know now I would have never even bothered with her XD

Sure, I killed her after many many tries. It costed me a lot time and gold buying new tickets, respec builds, buy exotic weapons, sigils, food and other stuff like that to beat her (+ BUGS). Why? Cause the build I love playing is a support tanky necromancer, which can’t kill liadri in time because of the timer, is completely useless since almost everything is one hit kill anyway and my dps wasn’t high enough to deal with the timer. -.- not cool Anet. Either way, it’s my own fault I suppose, I should have googled what the rewards for her were, I thought it was the mini + 2 gold, bummer it was only the mini.

>> For those that really want to kill Liadri, don’t give up, it’s possible, just very hard work. Memorize phase 1, you’ll see a pattern coming back, only that last crystal is hard because of the clones. Phase 2 I still state it’s luck and skill combined, together with double food and a good build. => Still having trouble? Try using you tube, dulfy, or other sites that give guides and tips on how to kill her.
Note: reward for killing her = mini only.. Worth it? Your choice.

I do enjoy killing these bosses, they are a challenge, they were very hard before (most still are), and it looked impossible at first, but gave a good feeling to finally kill them. Now I’m enjoying the gambit thing to make this arena even more fun and challenging. I wish they did something similar like that for the bosses, so almost everyone could kill the bosses, just not with all options. That way people could kill Liadri without the pulling rifts or a short timer for example. => However I understand Anet’s choices and think they did a good job on this! (except for the low amount of arena’s, the massive amount of bugs, and the npc’s not resurrecting us)

I hope they keep the pavilion+arena in the game for a long time or even permanent! Only if they fix the bugs tho

False: When things change, I will be happy.
True: When I am happy, things will change.

(edited by Soyle.1285)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

Gave up and am just using the arena area to farm gold with deadeye.

Too many issues.
Both inside the arena, outside the arena, and the arena itself!
Lets list them!

First, outside.
We have the obvious framerate sinks cause your entire server is fighting champs and farming all around you, plus all the NPCs walking around.
Then we have the announcers! ALL OF THEM!
“Our contestant better wrap things up!”
Oh man i’m running out of ti OH WAIT THAT WAS THE ARENA NEXT TO ME. Why am I able to hear that?! Hear all of them!?

Then inside the arena.
The boss plays on the one pet-peeve I have most, when it comes to bosses.
When, the boss is fine, the boss is simple and can be figured out no problem… it’s the cheap gimmicks they throw at you that kill you, and kill you, and kill you.
The AOE field, was overdone.
Stage 1’s field, should have stayed like that in stage 2. Still would have been a challenge, but not the fregin bane of everyone’s existence!
That is NOT how you make a good boss.

But the one thing, the one thing that did it for me, that made me say “**** the mini, not worth it!” is the fact that the arena, was NOT DESIGNED, for Charr or Norns.
At all.
The camera is wedged into our backs.
During stage 2, I can’t see where the safe zones are… case half my screen, is ME. In order for the camera to work, i’ll have to be facing it toward the walls. But that will make me unable to turn around, and target Liadri. Every guide I see on “How to beat her”… it’s HUMANS… races, without camera issues!

If the arena, was open roof, and you could zoom out like during most world bosses… I kinda feel a lot more would beat this.

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: GuNNeR.9475

GuNNeR.9475

I’m pretty sure I will give up on this, been trying since the start of the jubilee, I think my latency is playing a big part in the difficulty. If they could take the dome off so the camera angles were not so terrible would make a big difference. Tried all day Saturday and I mean all day, I can get to phase to about 50% of the time, but by that time I’m pretty much dead anyway and just get slaughtered, I got about 3/10th of her health off one time, it is just too much to deal with at the same time, if the camera angles were better would maybe be doable for me. I seriously got depressed after trying all day and getting nowhere really. And the announcer, I am seriously over that guy, please shutup!! But on the brighter side I found the champ farm zerg in FGS, that is hella fun.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Just created a new guild for Liadri quitters…

Requirement: Only clones that exactly look like Liadri are permitted, 100% rep required in the arena and first name must be Liadri and you are not permitted to zoom out anywhere in the game.

250+ tickets and counting. Have 65g left, so roughly another 250-300 tries before I am broke and starting to sell everything and finally quit the game. So a few more days and I am done for good.

Have no income anymore because of trying to beat the 1st person camera. No time to farm, no time for flipping. Wasted everything on levelling alts, equipment, you name it.

It is the frigging mini. Everytime I would open the bank I would see a missing one that reminds me of my failure. That’s not very entertaining.

Yes, I know exactly what to do. But in phase 2 I just cannot pull it off. Usually if I do not make a mistake I get pulled to an orb into AoE with no way of escaping or the clones are just there and kill me a few seconds later.

Thank you Anet. Would be nice if you start a QA department that actually test stuff for user experience…

Hell, I would pay anyone for just taking my main warrior on my account and do it for me. Name your price, I won’t even try to negotiate. I give you all I have. Hell, I farm you a legendary if needed.

Guess by mid of the week I am off to another game…