Tips for Meatless Murder as Engi?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: tencoderiot.6430

tencoderiot.6430

Any tips or builds? I can’t seem to catch up with Chomper. I sometimes find him way out in front with no really great control. Nets don’t effect him.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

Immobilize doesn’t work on any of the guantlet bosses… but glue bomb and glue shot should probably still cripple, for whatever that’s worth. Tool kit has both a cripple and a pull and seems to be one of the more common methods used in that encounter. And of course grenade kit has a chill you can use… I guess I’d try to put something together around those, maybe with the trait that grants swiftness on kit swap so that you can take advantage of multiple options all at once.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Neno.8694

Neno.8694

Rifle #4, Personal Battering Ram utility (the tool belt skill is also pretty good cripple) Rocket Turret, Big Old Bomb, and mi engi always goes full berserker, basically a lot of knockbacks, oh and supply crate also stuns. That’s how I did it hopes it helps.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

Glue Shot, Bomb and Chill Grenade worked for me, as did the Tool Kit’s Magnet and Box of Nails.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

in Queen's Jubilee

tencoderiot.6430

Any tips on traits? I found a guide very useful for beating 5 gambits and was successful. I feel like it really came down to the traits and the skills combo. Links to any full builds?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I would also like help with this as well. I beat him with this build (http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/84143-build-lets-rock/ , found it in the Cadidate Trials thread before), but I just can’t seem to be lucky enough to get all the meats. I wish I could get lucky enough and have him just throw them to me, like I’ve seen other people have happen. Guess I might have a go with Neno’s suggestion, tonight when I get a chance.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

Go for rifle and flamethrower, you have 2 hard KD/KB if he tosses meat under dogs feet. But other than speed boost, you don’t need anything because once you eat 3 pieces of meat they melt.

Just rush the dog, because you get achievement for only killing the dog, no need to kill them both.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Go for rifle and flamethrower, you have 2 hard KD/KB if he tosses meat under dogs feet. But other than speed boost, you don’t need anything because once you eat 3 pieces of meat they melt.

Just rush the dog, because you get achievement for only killing the dog, no need to kill them both.

Huh, didn’t know that about the achievement. I figured, from its tooltip, that you had to finish the fight.
Got a build (w/ traits/food/etc.) you can share with us?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

basically you want to start off with chilling and/or crippling Chomper right away as the battle starts. (Keep him under these slow effects for the entire battle)
Save your stun/daze/knockback for when the meat is thrown.
CC chomper with any of the above as soon as he jets to the meat.
Now as long as u CC him in time, this will give u 2-3 secs to run to the first meat, get your 2nd CC rdy as the 2nd meat comes out right away.
Once again CC, pick up meat.
Now dish out as much DPS you can and try to kill him before the next meat is thrown, if you not able to do this you will need a 3rd CC.
This is pretty much it, now finish the other boss and ure on the way.

Note: I have noticed a bug where he did not pickup any meat but he was right on top of one and I pushed him away (he died at the same second) and it dint give me the achievement, I had to repeat the fight and not even let him close to the meat which worked.

in Queen's Jubilee

tencoderiot.6430

Still having a hard time even after trying the chilling/grenade kit combo. Used another set of 40 tickets alone on this fight. Still frustrated but not defeated yet. I got lucky and had Strugar throw 3 meats to me last night but the 4th I got pulled away from and failed. Didn’t even get chomper down. I’ll keep trying. I wish Juggernaut still gave stability.