WXP/WvW levels Account Bound When?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Refresh.4386

Refresh.4386

Q:

With SPVP and the Token Wallet now making just about every thing Account Bound the odd man out is now WXP and WvW levels it takes 1,150+ World Ability Points to unlock all and new highest rank is level 9,945 Diamond Legend even if you love your one Profession this still seems bit to extreme to do on one character and then restart at 0 for and alt of even the same Profession.

PS: don’t forget to get all your vote’s in for Kiel by august 4

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Yes, I would please love a developer response on exactly why are WvW ranks character bound ? Especially when sPvP ranks are account wide, why is this any different ? For me it does not make any sense especially with the amount of ranks there are…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Yes, I would please love a developer response on exactly why are WvW ranks character bound ? Especially when sPvP ranks are account wide, why is this any different ? For me it does not make any sense especially with the amount of ranks there are…

+1

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

Agreed. I would be around level 50 in terms of WvW ranks… but it’s spread over three characters, so none of them are even above rank 20. I don’t always want to solo roam with my thief, and I don’t always want to zerg with my guard… would be nice if the rewards for doing those different activities were shared.

Dev response to this post would be lovely.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Would love to see it if they reconsidered. The difference in effectiveness in defense duties between my mains and my alts is far from trivial, but my main’s a necro, so I can’t exactly do everything from that character. I like her, but being able to permaswift a yak without having to relog to play AC duties is a real bummer.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Serious.4839

Serious.4839

I recall their response to the whole sPvP ranks being account bound because they offer no benefits in game, as it’s only a number. I also recall them saying that WvW ranks are character bound for the opposite reason, as they provide distinct bonuses in combat.

Sea of Sorrows

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

I recall their response to the whole sPvP ranks being account bound because they offer no benefits in game, as it’s only a number. I also recall them saying that WvW ranks are character bound for the opposite reason, as they provide distinct bonuses in combat.

IMO, this argument is moot, as you can not play more than one character at a time anyway.

We have to keep in mind that most people don’t event want different ability sets for their different WvW characters. They just want to be able to play a variety of characters. It completely eludes me, why the WvW abilities have not been account bound from the beginning, but re-writing databases to make it that way now could be a bigger problem than we think.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I should gain points across all characters that can be spent on any character. It should all come out of the same pool, and if spent on one character it is not available to another character.

I want to play one of my alts, but I can’t justify the lack in my contribution to the team by not having the 100+ ability points spent on my main. And this doesn’t even touch the angle that I want to try different roles.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

I think at some stage they are going to bend over on this one and do a reset of wvw ranks and make it account wide as it will cause burn out and irritation guys being forced to play just one toon due to an ill thought out mechanic.

Lurch
Gandara

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I agree that they should let all the ranks be shared among your characters. I also think they should add an option to reset your wvw skills for a bit of cash (like traits), but only allow people to do that at their spawn. I never liked having everything character bound in other games, it feels so pointless.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Avish.7938

Avish.7938

WvW ranks need to be account bound.

The Elonian, The Gangnam, The Sunspear, The Kournan, The Vabbian, The Istani.