Wethospu.6437

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Warrior: How to faceroll Liadri

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

What Armor/runes are you running?
What about Wepon stats + sigils?

Also have you tried the 8 light orbs achievement? Considering your dps, that might just be possible.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Berserker with Scholar Runes. Sigil of Force and Sigil of Battle.

Not sure if I’m going to try that. I don’t really like the design (annoying to get tickets, run back, etc).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

He posted it in the description of the video.

30-30-0-10—0: Dual Wielding, Slashing Power, Berserker’s Power, Rending Strikes, Forceful Greatsword, Last Chance, Empower.
Full Berserker Exotic/Ascended. Weapons with Sigil of Force and Sigil of Battle.

in Queen's Jubilee

Wethospu.6437

Actually I updated description bit late so it was my fault.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Ah woops, my mistake. Still kitten that’s impressive.

Still trying to get her with my knights gear, sword/shield and lb

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

;_; Amazing. Great job.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Class is simply broke. Healing signet got way overtuned for the amount of action necessary.

All is vain.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Jeeze. Comparing that to the other classes I’ve watched finish it that is ridiculously fast lol. Good job all the same though I suppose. Was impressive to see at least. :P

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Warriors break everything. Meanwhile, my guardian is stuck circle strafing while spamming 1. Because he doesn’t have OP utilities like endure pain and fear me.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Scryar.2954

Scryar.2954

Thats the 4th video with the 4th different boss, where a warrior completely ignores the enemy mechanics and just bursts it down. This class is absolutely broken in pve.

WvsW smallscale & tpvp
Champion- Magus, Shadow, Illusionist, Hunter

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

Oh joy, now you’re going to start another slew of people thinking warriors are better than everything else.

Time for videos on another class.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

in Queen's Jubilee

Quarktastic.1027

Oh joy, now you’re going to start another slew of people thinking warriors are better than everything else.

Show me a video of a guardian or ranger bursting Liadri down like that and I’ll believe anything you have to say.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Time to level my warrior I guess. i have 2750+ hours experience with my guardian and have a hard time with that guy.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

It’s official……human warriors are OP. Nice boss music btw.

Pineapples

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Whether or not it looks easy on the vid, im sure it took him a million tries like the rest of us.

in Queen's Jubilee

Quarktastic.1027

Whether or not it looks easy on the vid, im sure it took him a million tries like the rest of us.

According to him, it took 4 tries. Then he made a video.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Queen's Jubilee

Wethospu.6437

In total I have tried it about 20 times and killed her 5 times.

in Queen's Jubilee

ZilentNight.5089

So I think the main tactic is:

1. Cripple the boss
2. Clump the enemy clones with the boss
3. Use fear me
4. Bull’s charge + frenzy + 100blades + whirling to a safe spot.
this should bring the boss down to 25% hp
Separate the boss from the clones and finish the job.
Sounds about right? – Requires extremely good timing….

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: FenGuild.1097

FenGuild.1097

in Queen's Jubilee

Quarktastic.1027

1. Cripple the boss
3. Use fear me

That’s kind of what it looks like. If you’re not a warrior or don’t want to use fear me, you could bring one of these. I’m not sure if it will work out the same, due to being somewhat clunky, but a 5 second fear is nothing to scoff at.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

For this warrior to faceroll her, there are many other warriors that cannot beat her. it’s not the class the person is good.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Done it on first try, thanks Weth.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

For this warrior to faceroll her, there are many other warriors that cannot beat her. it’s not the class the person is good.

It’s both. The OP is known for soloing dungeons and dungeon bosses so this content was practically designed for him. Having said that, not all classes can do what he does here.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Savish.4205

Savish.4205

5 successful attempts out of 20 from one of the best solo players in the game, good luck to any normal folks attempting this.

in Queen's Jubilee

ZilentNight.5089

This is just the bare minimum tho, how the hell are we supposed to do the Light up the darkness one achievement? hitting the boss with 8 light crystals and then still have to kill her?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Deneb.2697

Deneb.2697

Show me a video of a guardian or ranger bursting Liadri down like that and I’ll believe anything you have to say.

and an elementalist, until then… i’m done with this
I personally do not love wasting time…
and this activity, in addition to being not funny, it’s just a waste of time

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Well designed fight they said….

What a joke. It’s like they no longer care about PvE at all.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Really clever use of fear me, I had not considered that before.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Spencer.1386

Spencer.1386

It took me 27 attempts before I realized something that made this fight really easy. The one shot aoe circles always spawn in the exact same order. In P2 you can stand on the edge of the safe zone and just walk back and forth as the side right next to it becomes the new safe zone. Killed her easily after that.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I love that warriors are so amazing at PVE. I am going back to leveling mine, b/c it I am tired of waiting for balance. B/C they refuse to really split skills, warriors will only see buffs until they become fotm in spvp from it adding up to too much. Then they will toned down 6 months later and be good spvp, gods in pve.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zaijin.5167

Zaijin.5167

Make no mistake people.

What this guys shows here is more than just Warrior being strong. He has full control over his class and made not a single mistake. He knew exactly “what” she was doing and “when”. He is also the type of player that doesn’t take the easy way out looking at the way he dodges these AoE attacks while all he could do is just step aside.

His damage was insane, but still 1 mistake and he would have been dead just like any other person. anyways Good Job there and solid skills.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Make no mistake people.

What this guys shows here is more than just Warrior being strong. He has full control over his class and made not a single mistake. He knew exactly “what” she was doing and “when”. He is also the type of player that doesn’t take the easy way out looking at the way he dodges these AoE attacks while all he could do is just step aside.

His damage was insane, but still 1 mistake and he would have been dead just like any other person. anyways Good Job there and solid skills.

What other classes can burst Liadri down before her second phase even has a chance of properly activating? I’m honestly curious here. Not denying that he’s great at playing a warrior because that much is obvious. Just questioning why other classes can’t compete.

in Queen's Jubilee

Quarktastic.1027

Make no mistake people.

Call me when rangers or guardians can dish out over 40k damage in under 10 seconds. No other class could kill Liadri the way he killed her. I don’t think the combination of fear me, frenzy, and insane burst damage can be replicated by any other profession.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Queen's Jubilee

Zaijin.5167

Make no mistake people.

Call me when rangers or guardians can dish out over 40k damage in under 10 seconds. No other class could kill Liadri the way he killed her. I don’t think the combination of fear me, frenzy, and insane burst damage can be replicated by any other profession.

I am a Ranger myself and I killed her without my pet…slowly. Even with my pet I would never be able to do what he did, neither damage or skill wise. I agree with you that Warriors are indeed on the strong side, however, I believe that he makes things work with whatever is given to him. He is a talented player, he would player Ranger and make all other Rangers look like complete noobs.

Beside damage there are things the Warrior cannot do which the other classes can. There is more than just that.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Make no mistake people.

What other classes can burst Liadri down before her second phase even has a chance of properly activating? I’m honestly curious here. Not denying that he’s great at playing a warrior because that much is obvious. Just questioning why other classes can’t compete.

I think a thief could do that kind of damage.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Queen's Jubilee

Excalibur.9748

Make no mistake people.

but with no where near that sustain or mitigation

All is vain.

in Queen's Jubilee

Wethospu.6437

You don’t really need sustain in this fight. The only reason why my health is dropping is because I need to generate adrenaline.

1. Cripple the boss
3. Use fear me

I don’t think Fear Me! requires precise timing. If clones are away you probably don’t have to even use it. That said, I still have done this only few times.

5 successful attempts out of 20 from one of the best solo players in the game, good luck to any normal folks attempting this.

Hey, I also need some tries to understand what’s going on! And I played really aggressively to get a good looking video (I died so many times when an orb was right next to a clone).

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Make no mistake people.

Thief doesn’t have invulnerability or berserker stance to become immune to the visions and the weakness application attack.

This encounter is specifically designed for a warrior.

I can also see a berserker guardian with sword/focus pulling this off. Use hammer for circle of warding on liadri, switch to sword/focus for the burst.

Not nearly as good as a warrior but both classes can melee her pretty easy. A mesmer can melee her a bit before she starts spinning.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Queen's Jubilee

Excalibur.9748

You don’t really need sustain in this fight. The only reason why my health is dropping is because I need to generate adrenaline.

1. Cripple the boss
3. Use fear me

I don’t think Fear Me! requires precise timing. If clones are away you probably don’t have to even use it. That said, I still have done this only few times.

Hey, I also need some tries to understand what’s going on! And I played really aggressively to get a good looking video (I died so many times when an orb was right next to a clone).

it helps a lot. the only reason i die on my thief is due to lack of sustain and mitigation.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Queen's Jubilee

Wethospu.6437

Are you talking about phase 1 or phase 2 now?

in Queen's Jubilee

Excalibur.9748

both.

All is vain.

in Queen's Jubilee

Zenith.7301

1. Cripple the boss
3. Use fear me

it helps a lot. the only reason i die on my thief is due to lack of sustain and mitigation.

use shortbow 3 to mitigate her phase 1 without wasting your dodges. Run withdraw.

When phase 2 gets there it’s about using cnd+ stealth utilities to stop the visions momentarily.

I think pistolwhip spam might actually be a viable choice as you can just use the immunity frames to melee her freely.

in Queen's Jubilee

Wethospu.6437

Just keep zig-zagging at range and you will avoid most of her attacks.

On phase 2… I got hit once.

in Queen's Jubilee

Excalibur.9748

ya cuz you bursted her down in phase 2 before it was even setup. only possible with warrior anyways.

All is vain.

in Queen's Jubilee

Zenith.7301

ya cuz you bursted her down in phase 2 before it was even setup.

What do you mean. He made her come to a side where he knew there would be no shadowfall with the visions, feared them, stunned her so she wouldn’t start spinning and burst her down.

She functioned perfectly.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

both.

This proves your lack of skill dude, really. Phase 1 is incredibly easy after a few tries. You don’t need any utility, just strafing.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Capa.7684

Capa.7684

Warrior Class Mechanic > Burst Skill
Why cry about the Burst Potential from a class with this specific Toolset.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: byjiang.1260

byjiang.1260

Tried shortbow and pistols with Valkyrie gear, kited phase 2 Liadra till the floor drops in both cases. Best try got her to 10%. Changed gear to Carrion and got past no problem.

The question is, when you raise the boss health this high and some class can still burst her down, what’s the point of raising the boss health in the first place?

This design is just screwing whoever doesn’t have the right gear or isn’t a warrior. It’s not about skill anymore, which in my opinion is bad design.

If you change the phase 2 mechanic so that Liadra has to be hit say 30 times to be killed, each attack must be separated by say 3 seconds, then every class will be on a more even footing. The fight then focuses on the mechanics of the environment itself, instead of the class of the player.

in Queen's Jubilee

Zaijin.5167

Have you tried her achievement? Light up the Darkness? It would nice if you had that on video :P