Where's our Gauntlet Title?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: iBlasiannn.4279

iBlasiannn.4279

I was just thinking, why is there no new title for completing the Liadri, or at least finishing all the gauntlet challenges/achievements. This has to be one of the hardest mini-game/activity that Anet has implemented, but with no fruit at the top of the tree.

Februaryy – That one thief on Blackgate
Januarry – I play Ele sometimes because I hate my existence
[oPP] – Over Powered People

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: JackSlate.8450

JackSlate.8450

A Title for beating Liadra. yes! A Title for completing all Gauntlet Achievements including the other Liadri one. No!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: iBlasiannn.4279

iBlasiannn.4279

Yea, I am pretty disappointed…

Februaryy – That one thief on Blackgate
Januarry – I play Ele sometimes because I hate my existence
[oPP] – Over Powered People

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Victory For Kittens.7806

Victory For Kittens.7806

i’d even say some title like: Hardcore Liadra Master because i’m pretty sure she’ll get nerfed soon because of all the whine/tears/people failing at mechanics/people leaving because of difficulty and everyone will own Liadra’s miniature (miniature that actually shows some skills at this living story event)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

A Title for beating Liadra. yes! A Title for completing all Gauntlet Achievements including the other Liadri one. No!

Careful, too many titles will make titles themselves meaningless and try not to confuse titles with achievements.

Also, and this is probably the most important, giving titles for temporary content is meaningless;

Titles are given to people (in the real world) for being someone important.
They are important because they are either of these;
1) They fulfill an important and persistent role (King, Queen, War Commander etc.)
2) Through sustained effort and subsequent contribution to society, they have earned this persistent title (“Sir” (Knighthood) or say, ‘Nobel Prize Winner’)

Giving titles for a one-time-only ‘achievement’, that no-one else can ever aspire to achieve or even learn the meaning of the title months or years later is, well, out-of-place.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sandman.7019

Sandman.7019

Titles have always been given for temporary content so i dont really know what your talking about lol, sanctum sprinter? emissary of the mad king? apprentice toy maker? etc. Why not have one for Liadri? Well, the gauntlet as a whole.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i think the titles for Temp content is exactly that – somethign to show that you were present then and took part in the festivities (in addition to certain items, minis, what have you). there are still plenty of titles that are tied to permanent content for those who might have missed the temp content.

i propose “The Queen’s Gauntlet” as a title for completing all Gauntlet related achievements! at least for this round.

though tbh, i want to say the Gauntlet will keep coming back? since it has its own achievement panel. so i reckon they’ll keep adding new tiers and enemies as well in the future.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

I agree. It isn’t easy and we should feel important! Something like “Champion of the Gauntlet” would fit nicely in the world of Tyria.

Careful, too many titles will make titles themselves meaningless and try not to confuse titles with achievements.

Also, and this is probably the most important, giving titles for temporary content is meaningless;

Titles are given to people (in the real world) for being someone important.
They are important because they are either of these;
1) They fulfill an important and persistent role (King, Queen, War Commander etc.)
2) Through sustained effort and subsequent contribution to society, they have earned this persistent title (“Sir” (Knighthood) or say, ‘Nobel Prize Winner’)

Giving titles for a one-time-only ‘achievement’, that no-one else can ever aspire to achieve or even learn the meaning of the title months or years later is, well, out-of-place.

Titles are also given to Honor difficult feats. I think this was a pretty difficult feat!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

“If” titles were ever to be added for these, something along these would look more appropriate..

Both/overall completions title: “Queen’s Jubilee Champion”
Gauntlet title: “Queen’s Gauntlet”
Jubilee Completion title: “Queen’s Activist”

and possibly a mini title for the torch runs:
“Kryta’s Torch Bearer”

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I agree. This is one of the things that actually deserves a title, unlike some other ones out there. (ex. Combat healer and every event/living story title so far besides the mad king’s tower)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: fluff.7095

fluff.7095

They gave a title for Sanctum Sprint, why not for this Gauntlet?
Bump for great kittening justice!