Why are the patch notes lying?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

You just made Dead Eye unfarmable with the new build 10 minutes ago…

Why isn’t this in the patch notes?

My client still crashes once a day, fyi.

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

They are hoping that no one notices? Also they didn’t make him unfarmable.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

They merely added RNG into his rotations , you have no time to breathe once you enter the map with him , he opens with a kill shot or volley , you pull him he opens with another kill shot , then ports away then more kill shots into aimed shots and vollies

He is a tidbit tougher to farm now , some more than others and even impossible NOW for others.

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Yrdur.1752

Yrdur.1752

They merely added RNG into his rotations

Reflect now only does ~1% of the original damage as well.

in Queen's Jubilee

They merely added RNG into his rotations

Reflect now only does ~1% of the original damage as well.

Yeah sorry forgot to mention that also , i wakittentin him 25-32 dmg and bursted out in laughter when i seen it…that was surprisingly funny of anet to do

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Yeah, the reflect change is BS. But as far as I know, his teleports were always random.

in Queen's Jubilee

Shpongle.6025

Not telling is the same as lying.

If they nerf him, fine, BUT TELL THE TRUTH IN THE PATCH NOTES.

TELL THE TRUTH WHEN YOU DO THINGS LIKE THIS!!

And yes @TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586 he is now unfarmable for me. First time I actually found a decent way to make decent money and it gets nerfed in less than a day from when I found out about it…

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

We can’t design encounters properly so let’s warp all the rules of the game to prevent people from winning.

Want to fix the gauntlet? Just make every fight Liadri. That ought to make nobody ever want to touch it again.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

Yes yes, ANet took your toy away and didn’t send you a personalized letter to let you know. Do make sure you let everyone know how outraged you are.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Yes yes, ANet took your toy away and didn’t send you a personalized letter to let you know. Do make sure you let everyone know how outraged you are.

Patch notes are there to tell us what changed in a patch. They lied.

Simple principle to understand. No need to be so disgustingly bitter.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Xodus.7802

Xodus.7802

careful guys i just got 2 infractions and my posts deleted for calling them dishonest

in Queen's Jubilee

Bovinity.8610

Maybe ANet just wanted to imagine the looks on everyone’s faces the first time they went back to their Dunwell-Farm and got gibbed.

in Queen's Jubilee

Auesis.7301

Maybe ANet just wanted to imagine the looks on everyone’s faces the first time they went back to their Dunwell-Farm and got gibbed.

Well they failed miserably at that. Still happily farming with 4 gambits. They have no idea what they’re doing.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Queen's Jubilee

Bovinity.8610

Well they failed miserably at that. Still happily farming with 4 gambits. They have no idea what they’re doing.

Well, no fun for them!

in Queen's Jubilee

Fungalfoot.7213

I doubt many were surprised. Pretty much everyone was calling it in chat before the patch went in. This has become sort of a tradition by now.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

Well you know more than we do it seems. Why wasn’t it in the patch notes? Or do you only defend them and not actually work for them?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

This is the reaction ANet wanted. Well played..

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Esp for somone like me who bought 1250 tickets , i converted 600 b4 (1 hour) the shocking patch (NOT shocking actually)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ruin.1927

Ruin.1927

first world problems. lol. so much QQ over these things. I have to admit that I did laugh a little over the lack of information on the patch notes, but it’s crazy how so many people seem outraged (and there are… easy to find them when you look around the forums and reddit).

When it comes down to it, it’s a game with rules that they set. Regardless of how they want to change these rules, it’s always a choice for us to play (and or find ways around).

Take a deep breath. Log off for a few and relax. Go find something else to do. Find something to enjoy (in game or out)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Crap. Deadeye was probably my best (maybe even only shot) at getting the gambit achievements. Yet another example of ArenaNet’s exploit early and exploit often philosophy. Thanks for ruining things for those who haven’t gotten that far yet farmers!

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in Queen's Jubilee

Bovinity.8610

Yet another example of ArenaNet’s exploit early and exploit often philosophy.

This is actually a really valid complaint. Thus far, it has been a very common, recurring theme with ANet that content gets released with – apparently – little to no testing, and then fixed afterwards.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ruin.1927

Ruin.1927

Yet another example of ArenaNet’s exploit early and exploit often philosophy.

This is actually a really valid complaint. Thus far, it has been a very common, recurring theme with ANet that content gets released with – apparently – little to no testing, and then fixed afterwards.

I gotta agree to this. It’s not like these methods were hard to find. Some simple QA and there wouldn’t have been an issue to begin with.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Crap. Deadeye was probably my best (maybe even only shot) at getting the gambit achievements. Yet another example of ArenaNet’s exploit early and exploit often philosophy. Thanks for ruining things for those who haven’t gotten that far yet farmers!

except this wasn’t an exploit, there were no rules being broken.

in Queen's Jubilee

Shpongle.6025

careful guys i just got 2 infractions and my posts deleted for calling them dishonest

not telling is the same as lying, and it is the truth, i guess they don’t like the truth and truthfull patch notes….

Anet, I am disappoint -_-

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

Shpongle.6025

Why do you hate children? This has nothing to do with toys or children, it’s about the patch notes. They let out important information, that’s supposed to be there and that’s the same as lying.

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

Fungalfoot.7213

While not an exploit in that sense people did exploit the fight for easy gains.

And then some of those people asked for the fight to get nerfed once they were satisfied with how much dosh they had made. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an MMO community as messed up as this one to be honest. The gold obsession is just ridiculous.

in Queen's Jubilee

Shpongle.6025

Well good for you, thief. But I’m a worrior ;_; It’s over for me :’<

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

A Massive Headache.1879

And then some of those people asked for the fight to get nerfed once they were satisfied with how much dosh they had made. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an MMO community as messed up as this one to be honest. The gold obsession is just ridiculous.

Then I guess you’re not going to be happy that it can still be farmed with ease?

in Queen's Jubilee

Shpongle.6025

lol okay it’s not nice they didn’t tell the truth, but it’s not THAT bad, lmao that picture…lol

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

Shpongle.6025

Then I guess you’re not going to be happy that it can still be farmed with ease?

it doesn’t count if only thiefs and mesmers can still do it T_T

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

Manoa.5897

This was certainly an exploit. An exploit is taking advantage of a bug or loophole and playing the game in a way that was not intended by the developers. Obviously, it was never intended for players to be making hundreds of gold by farming Deadeye. This farming very much had the potential to significantly impact our in-game economy. If it wasn’t considered an exploit, Deadeye would never have been changed.

Good rule of thumb when it comes to identifying exploits…if it is too good to be true, it most certainly is.

Henge of Denravi

in Queen's Jubilee

Shpongle.6025

Esp for somone like me who bought 1250 tickets , i converted 600 b4 (1 hour) the shocking patch (NOT shocking actually)

Ouch…i bought a stack, used a stack, repeated. I got a stack now, and I haven’t done the two Liadri 20pts chievs so I guess i’ll use em up for those

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

Shpongle.6025

This was certainly an exploit. An exploit is taking advantage of a bug or loophole and playing the game in a way that was not intended by the developers. Obviously, it was never intended for players to be making hundreds of gold by farming Deadeye. This farming very much had the potential to significantly impact our in-game economy. If it wasn’t considered an exploit, Deadeye would never have been changed.

Good rule of thumb when it comes to identifying exploits…if it is too good to be true, it most certainly is.

but it wasn’t too good to be true, for every 20 gold you made from opening bags, you had to pay 9 gold to buy more entry tickets…

Are you Shpongled?

in Queen's Jubilee

A Massive Headache.1879

So the cursed shore farms, the other orr area, drakkar waypoint farm were all exploits that no one got in trouble for? And no one got in trouble for those farms, because no rules were broken, they were just taking advantage of events, I disagree and don’t consider it an exploit, especially when it can still be farmed

Edit: and I think there would be a lot of outrage if people were punished for farming, especially when there have been devs who have joined in on some farms and said “well, it’s part of the game, right?”

(edited by A Massive Headache.1879)

in Queen's Jubilee

Manoa.5897

EDIT – Math was off. Nothing to see here, moving on. >.>

Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Well good for you, thief. But I’m a worrior ;_; It’s over for me :’<

You can still do it with On Fire, Exhausted, and Hamstring fairly easily. Sword leap to it and greatsword it.

You can probably also add Crowd Favorite, but I wouldn’t try Frailty since he’ll most likely get 2x rapid fires off and one will likely be from across the room. Traiting for reflective blocks should help if you really wanted 5.

in Queen's Jubilee

Auesis.7301

but it wasn’t too good to be true, for every 20 gold you made from opening bags, you had to pay 9 gold to buy more entry tickets…

9 gold = 45 tickets. For those doing 5 gambits, that’s 6 tickets per match. At 6 tickets per match, that’s 7.5 matches. With matches lasting at maximum 2 minutes, that’s 15 minutes at most not including queue times (but let’s be honest, most farming matches were far less time than that).

11g net for less than 15 minutes worth of work? And you seriously think this was working as intended?

Umm, what?

5 tickets is 20 silver. 45 tickets would be 1.8g.

9g would be 225 tickets, or a max back-to-back of 450 minutes (7 and a half hours) without gambits. With 5 tickets (4 gambits is now the norm) per match, you can get that down to 90 minutes maximum, not including over-extending match preps.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Evolut.2398

Evolut.2398

Deadeye was, and always will be, my kitten.

E V O L U T [TRA] [CC]
Champion Paragon – #Magswag

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

I find this unfair, I was close getting 5 gambits achievement then patch buff him… now i gave up.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: HumaCarrionEater.8254

HumaCarrionEater.8254

Who cares if they don’t mention it? They’re not telling us plenty of things, I’m sure of that. I don’t think they owe us mention of everything they do.

You just made Dead Eye unfarmable with the new build 10 minutes ago…

Why isn’t this in the patch notes?

My client still crashes once a day, fyi.

in Queen's Jubilee

Manoa.5897

9 gold = 45 tickets. For those doing 5 gambits, that’s 6 tickets per match. At 6 tickets per match, that’s 7.5 matches. With matches lasting at maximum 2 minutes, that’s 15 minutes at most not including queue times (but let’s be honest, most farming matches were far less time than that).

11g net for less than 15 minutes worth of work? And you seriously think this was working as intended?

Umm, what?

5 tickets is 20 silver. 45 tickets would be 1.8g.

9g would be 225 tickets, or a max back-to-back of 450 minutes (7 and a half hours) without gambits. With 5 tickets (4 gambits is now the norm) per match, you can get that down to 90 minutes maximum, not including over-extending match preps.

Crap, I forgot that they came in 5 ticket bundles. Nothing to see here, moving on. :-/

Henge of Denravi

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Gehirn.8796

Gehirn.8796

The changes don’t seem to be listed on the patch updates forum but they are listed on the wiki page for the 13th August patch:

Changed the mechanics of Deadeye Dunwell’s boss fight to reduce farming efficiency

in Queen's Jubilee

The changes don’t seem to be listed on the patch updates forum but they are listed on the wiki page for the 13th August patch:

Changed the mechanics of Deadeye Dunwell’s boss fight to reduce farming efficiency

User submitted. Not ANET.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

…Maybe The millions of gold Players were making off of Deadeye was casuing Server Crashes? So when Anet Fixed Various Server Crashes, they had to Fix Deadeye as well? That had to be it!!

….

….No?….

….

…I’ll see myself out…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

They don’t post patch notes for things they consider exploits or things they don’t want to draw attention to. I don’t think ArenaNet wants to draw attention to Gauntlet farming because it’s disgustingly imbalanced with how rewarding it can be for certain grinds.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

This was certainly an exploit. An exploit is taking advantage of a bug or loophole and playing the game in a way that was not intended by the developers.

What was the bug or loophole?

Obviously, it was never intended for players to be making hundreds of gold by farming Deadeye. This farming very much had the potential to significantly impact our in-game economy. If it wasn’t considered an exploit, Deadeye would never have been changed.

I haven’t tried myself yet, but according to others the changes to Deadeye don’t preclude continuing to make hundreds of gold by farming him, so this appears to be a non sequitur.

I realize you’re just offering a cliche in lieu of an actual argument here, but for the sake of said argument, define too good. I can certainly think of ways that it could be better.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Except for it’s not an exploit (I only killed him maybe 5 times trying to get the gambit achievements). Just so we’re clear here. I could have taken advantage of it had I chosen but I chose not to.

It’s playing the game as it was intended. It’s anets fault they had the lack of foresight to give out so much money as a reward.

Again no one was exploiting him. They were killing him within the rules of the game. That by definition is not an exploit. See purposeloy failing arah gate events to farm them repeatedly if you want to know what an exploit of game mechanics looks like.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s a farm. There are no exploits happening here. People are using legit strategy to defeat him.

That the nerf was done stealthily was pretty disrespectful of Anet. Why not mention it in the notes? It definitely is something that people would want to know about, so why not put it in? It’s not like people aren’t going to notice!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

And they still haven’t fixed the camera issues…
Frankly speaking, i see the whole gauntlet as a gold sink gone wrong (for them). That’s why they’re nerfing the profitable ones and not fixing any real issue, imho.
Oh well, not that i’ve still got much to do there (i have no intention to do the 8 orb achievement, and i’ll take my time on the meat one).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Can’t really blame the farmers, you can only blame anet for implementing something which was farmable if they didn’t like farming.

In the same sense however, is anet employer is doing everything they can to stop their employees to improve workflow. Very logical.

(edited by Lafiel.9372)