Why only 2 minutes to kill the bosses?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Well, this is a great idea since it is only one player at a time and the others have to wait, but it wont work in this game.

How am i supposed to finish this on my bunker necro? I don’t like playing zerk, so this means i wont have enough damage to kill the boss in time.

This content is only limited to zerkers, wtf? Just instance this place, allow spectators just like sPvP and remove the time… It would be so much better-

This isnt thought out Anet

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Well, this is a great idea since it is only one player at a time and the others have to wait, but it wont work in this game.

How am i supposed to finish this on my bunker necro? I don’t like playing zerk, so this means i wont have enough damage to kill the boss in time.

This content is only limited to zerkers, wtf? Just instance this place, allow spectators just like sPvP and remove the time… It would be so much better-

Sorry mate, but you should be able to change/modify your build to beat some bosses. You can’t zerk everyone and can’t power/vitality/toughness everyone. You should use conditions primarily for some bosses, dmg spiking for other and etc

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

If these bosses have projectiles…mesmers are gonna own in there. Followed by Guardians and Warriors.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

To be fair, the objective is not to survive for 2 minutes in the ring, it is to defeat the foe within 2 minutes. If this means you need to respec for more DPS, then you are going to need to respec for more DPS (or use a DPS-focused alt).

Bunkering is a great tactic for survival, but this competition is not about survival so any lack of success with that tactic should be expected.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Sorry mate, but you should be able to change/modify your build to beat some bosses. You can’t zerk everyone and can’t power/vitality/toughness everyone. You should use conditions primarily for some bosses, dmg spiking for other and etc

No. I shouldn’t have to get 3-4 different gear sets to complete just that content XD

I say, balance everything for zerk gear. A tank necro is a waste of space in a PvE party anyway.

in Queen's Jubilee

ShadowMaster.5708

Its not that easy… This means i need to buy full zerk gear (which is quite expensive to be armor) And i wont use 20-30 gold for something thats temporary.. not gonna happen

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Its not that easy… This means i need to buy full zerk gear (which is quite expensive to be armor) And i wont use 20-30 gold for something thats temporary.. not gonna happen

1. Not Temporary, Recurring.
2. You should attempt to respec traits before you go off the deep end on new gear.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Queen's Jubilee

Amun Ra.6435

Do we even know if we are going to be using our own gear? Is it possible that it will work off the sPvP mechanics and use our sPvP gear?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I am glad to see that zerker warriors will continue to dominate PvE content with their absurd damage output. Maybe me ele can complete it if I get lucky with the greatsword or I can do the gimmicky lightning-hammer spec and get lucky to not be 1-shotted. However, warriors are the king of zerker-PvE fests b/c they have the best damage output and way more survivability.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

Wait… this ISN’T instanced??? Are you F’in’ kidding me?

in Queen's Jubilee

ShadowMaster.5708

Nope… Only one player at a time, while the others wait. The sad thing. Everyone will be doing this, therefor. It will take you around 4 weeks to do it ONCE and since its not permanent, it will dissapear and you only got to try it once

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Nope… Only one player at a time, while the others wait. The sad thing. Everyone will be doing this, therefor. It will take you around 4 weeks to do it ONCE and since its not permanent, it will dissapear and you only got to try it once

I think you need to work a bit on your math skills.

75 people on each map
6 arenas
2 minutes MAX per round

That means the queue at the very longest would be 25 minutes. And that would be if every single one in the map was doing it and all of them failed due to the time running out. And even if that was the case it would be fully possible to do 2 tries each hour, a month consists of quite a high number of hours.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Queen's Jubilee

Amun Ra.6435

75 people on each map
6 arenas
2 minutes MAX per round

That means the queue at the very longest would be 25 minutes. And that would be if every single one in the map was doing it and all of them failed due to the time running out. And even if that was the case it would be fully possible to do 2 tries each hour, a month consists of quite a high number of hours.

Even if it was promised to be a 25 minute wait you have to admit that that design is just ridiculous for new limited time content. Not to mention trying to get the other regular things done like dailies/monthlies. I just don’t get it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

75 people on each map
6 arenas
2 minutes MAX per round

So 2 tries per hour while rest of the time i sit on my kitten bored and watch the paint dry…. Amazing content

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So 2 tries per hour while rest of the time i sit on my kitten bored and watch the paint dry…. Amazing content

Yes 2 tries per hour IF every single person in the map constantly queue up AND keep failing due to running out of time.
This is extremely unlikely.

There is also quite clearly other stuff to do while waiting, such as killing the champions down below and such.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

I’m assuming you can do other stuff in the zone while you wait. That would make sense.

Just by looking I can find 25 minutes of stuff to do there.

noice

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zenon.4328

Zenon.4328

Sigh, it is really that difficult for people to do a little research before coming to the forums to complain. There are six areas for you to run around in where you can fight veterans and champions while you wait.

With it not being instanced, you can watch other people fight the bosses and learn what the bosses’ mechanics are and what strategies are available for each class to beat them.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

No. I shouldn’t have to get 3-4 different gear sets to complete just that content XD

I say, balance everything for zerk gear. A tank necro is a waste of space in a PvE party anyway.

No, you should already have them, wth have you been doing? who doesnt have multiple respecs for gear available all the time

It is that easy, why dont you have multiple gear sets already. Secondly 20-30 gold, do you purposely put up overprices buy orders or something? You should have enough badges of honor from chievo chests to get a full set of gear from wvw for almost nothing, not to mention tokens, karma and crafting.

Your very bad at math, if all people in que fail your looking at 25 minutes, I promise you most people will either die fast or kill fast, not to mention overflow servers where the map wont be full, and not everyone will be in line, i’m guessing 5 minutes average at most

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

More on the tank Necro comment, I was in the same boat myself for a while. Have you tried using a PTV build but with Death Shroud in the mix? I’m at work so I don’t remember the name of the trait offhand… (Deathly Precision, I think? GM Trait in Soul Reaping) that increases your crit rate in DS by 50%.

Not much of a news flash, but with mostly Soldier gear and some Knight’s in the mix for an extra kick of Precision and Crit Damage, I do really well. Lifeforce fills insanely quickly with MH Dagger and I can jump in and out of DS to blast the bejesus out of things. It’s a really fun hybrid build.

God, I wish I wasn’t at work with site blockers so I could link the build… I just thought you might be interested. It’s still insanely tanky and Life Blast hits like a truck.

I don’t think that’s the direction the devs would want to take dungeons. Or anyone but 1337 CoF farmers. In what world would balancing every class for ONE build and ONE playstyle be a good thing? Wouldn’t the better decision be to attempt to balance the game for a multitude of playstyles?

People say the only skilled players are those who Zerk all the way and those who use anything else are deluded. But to me, if Zerker is the optimal way to go, wouldn’t dungeon delving be more impressive when done with the build YOU want to use without a hitch? I play with a core group of good buds all the time, and we’ve destroyed just about everything we come across without a problem. I play a tank Necro, wife plays a grenade Engi, friend #1 plays a tanky Warrior, friend #2 plays a spectral/condition hybrid Necro, and we rotate in randoms for our fifth or just four-man things. We occasionally wipe a few things when we’re on our first run of something, but with anything we’ve done before we faceroll.

I think people confuse “speed farming PVE” with normal “I’m playing a game with friends PVE.” Both are valid playstyles.

Hoopa doopa.

(edited by RileyTheRad.8542)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Because anet wants everyone to use berserkers gear of course.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Just how tough ARE these bosses anyway? Are we talking like Veterans or Champion-level amounts of health? If the former, I’d say it’s definitely doable within 2 minutes. If the latter, well… I’ve yet to see many players capable of soloing a Champion within 2 minutes, let alone with gambits on.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

To be fair, the objective is not to survive for 2 minutes in the ring, it is to defeat the foe within 2 minutes. If this means you need to respec for more DPS, then you are going to need to respec for more DPS (or use a DPS-focused alt).

Bunkering is a great tactic for survival, but this competition is not about survival so any lack of success with that tactic should be expected.

That’s not fair though, is it? Exotic gear isn’t easy to obtain let alone ascended gear. What if the build that your ascended gear is speced for is not the build that you need to complete this temporary content? Are you supposed to just play with a special 6th gambit “bad gear choice” or buy new gear? I don’t think defensive PvE necros use soldier stats, they use rabid, which has two offensive stats.

It’s too early to complain about the requirements of the content yet, we don’t know what they are, but if it strongly favours some gear stats over others, I’d be less than happy (speaking as someone who has several gear sets across multiple characters).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

The main reason for full offensive builds to be used is faster content completion and, therefore, a higher reward/time ratio.
It’s also a great “defensive tool” for many encounters, especially those with multiple foes, allowing the group to dish out enemies while protected by things like blind or aegis that wouldn’t last a longer fight.

With the content we are talking about, none of this advantages exist anymore.
The first one can’t exists at all because the queue time seem to be way longer than the fight time.
The second one is lost unless the fight is really short (10-15 sec) or adds are introduced.

Without time limit, a high-sustain build would be clearly the best approach. If most attacks were 1HKO, however, full offense could be the way to go.
Time limit seems to me the best way to solve this best-approach issue and allow balanced builds (which are available to everyone just by traiting) not only to succeed but even to be the best option.