You must nerf deadeye farm once again

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

People are still farming deadeye like crazy some people got 800g (should be considered an exploit) from deadeye farming already and will continue to generate money like crazy until you put a stop to it.

All is vain.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

I went from farming on mesmer to now on thief. Still doing 5 gambits at a time. A bit harder but still doable with +90% success rate. Used to be 100% success rate on mesmer except when 2 deadeyes shows up.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

People are still farming deadeye like crazy some people got 800g (should be considered an exploit) from deadeye farming already and will continue to generate money like crazy until you put a stop to it.

And you can’t farm him, poor boy?

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

in Queen's Jubilee

Excalibur.9748

Wait, how do you know I can’t farm him?

I never tried tbh. This is borderline exploit, so not touching this with a 10 feet pole.

All is vain.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

when 2 deadeyes shows up.

I wonder what kind of coding bug makes this happen?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I never tried tbh. This is borderline exploit, so not touching this with a 10 feet pole.

When you think about it, if you go in and beat him WITHOUT any gambits you are getting 1 bag per 1 queen ticket, adding gambits only makes it so instead of doing 5 runs you do 1, therefore in theory if deadeye got nerfed to hell people would move onto the next cheese (1/2/3 gambits or just plain kill him for a bag).

in Queen's Jubilee

Excalibur.9748

When you think about it, if you go in and beat him WITHOUT any gambits you are getting 1 bag per 1 queen ticket, adding gambits only makes it so instead of doing 5 runs you do 1, therefore in theory if deadeye got nerfed to hell people would move onto the next cheese (1/2/3 gambits or just plain kill him for a bag).

Just need to put in diminishing return. That’s it.

All is vain.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

Just need to put in diminishing return. That’s it.

This is exactly what should of been done in the first place.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

when 2 deadeyes shows up.

I wonder what kind of coding bug makes this happen?

It started to happen real frequently once people got wind of what builds to use. In the early days of the patch when few knew how to farm I’ve never had this occur. I’ve seen too many times where deadeye would just disappear or I’ll kill it and somehow not get credit and teleport to the other side of the map.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Balian.3849

Balian.3849

Oh no, people are making money so they can buy equipment and weapons they like. This must be fixed, pronto. It’s much funner playing 6 hours a day to make 3g.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

I don’t get why they don’t just give it a more appropriate reward for a ~30 second fight…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I don’t get why they don’t just give it a more appropriate reward for a ~30 second fight…

Because that might be unfair to those professions that can’t do it in ~30 seconds? (Can every profession do this fight in 30 seconds? Guards, Necros, Thieves, Warriors can. Who else?)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Because that might be unfair to those professions that can’t do it in ~30 seconds? (Can every profession do this fight in 30 seconds? Guards, Necros, Thieves, Warriors can. Who else?)

Majority of the professions can, so I don’t really see that as a valid argument. Besides, it shouldn’t be ‘’oh cause these people can’t do it it’s alright’’.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

I think the trouble is, that Anet pays their programmers less than their city’s regional garbage men.

….literally.

How hard would you try at your job with a degree, when the guys taking away your trash earn significantly more?

I’m not happy with team of programmers earning less than industry standards, neither are they. It’s showing up in the product that we pay for. That’s a fact.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

I think the trouble is, that Anet pays their programmers less than their city’s regional garbage men.

….literally.

How hard would you try at your job with a degree, when the guys taking away your trash earn significantly more?

I’m not happy with team of programmers earning less than industry standards, neither are they. It’s showing up in the product that we pay for. That’s a fact.

Source.

in Queen's Jubilee

Firebaall.5127

Source.

Do your own homework, unless you want to pay me for doing it for you. Little hint…..the garbage collectors earn in the neighborhood are above 50K per year.

…Anet programmers….trash collecting would be a step up.

There’s a couple that earn a decent wage, but you’re a fool if you think that’s even a portion of those doing the grunt work for this game. Most of them can’t pay cost of living for that region.

…fact.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Firebaall, Idk what your obsession is with trash pick up is, but that’s a necessity in many countries, programming for a video game is not. That’s how a couple of my friends were able to afford college. and you’re going on about how farmable the gauntlets are? what about how bug plagued they are.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Source.

Do your own homework, unless you want to pay me for doing it for you. Little hint…..the garbage collectors earn in the neighborhood are above 50K per year.

There’s a couple that earn a decent wage, but you’re a fool if you think that’s even a portion of those doing the grunt work for this game. Most of them can’t pay cost of living for that region.

…fact.

Hi. I thought I’d drop a little perspective into your hyperbole. Free of charge.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/04/03/how-much-do-game-developers-make
http://www.simplyhired.com/salaries-k-garbage-collector-jobs.html

in Queen's Jubilee

A Massive Headache.1879

Why does quality assurance make so little by comparison?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Balian.3849

Balian.3849

Probably because their job is mostly to play the game…. They don’t really add anything to the creation process except for sorting out (usually) minor bugs. They don’t need to create the code to bypass the bugs or write the storyline, etc.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

Think of them more like proofreaders and devs as authors.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

I can farm him with no problem at the same speed like before, nice nerf HAHAHA.

30 second fight…

*10 seconds.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

in Queen's Jubilee

A Massive Headache.1879

Fair enough, Balian and Rainu, huh.

in Queen's Jubilee

Firebaall.5127

Thanks for showing you have no idea what’s going on.

Why don’t you actually do some actual research. Anet pays well below the industry standards. Seattle/Bellevue area garbage men make more than the average Anet programmer. It’s not a slight on garbage men, or the occupation. It’s a comment on the pay scale for the locale.

The point is, that Anet pays it’s employee’s horrible compensation for their geographic location. Don’t be smug if you can’t bring fact to the table. I’m gald your perspective is “free”. You get what you pay for.

Google “Seattle garbage man salary”. Then go look for what Anet pays it’s average joe programmer.

(edited by Firebaall.5127)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: mickers.2715

mickers.2715

In my opinion i dont think this would be a problem in the first place if anet wasnt so trigger happy with nerfs and DR.

Most people feel the need to farm it more than they usually would because they know anet is going to nerf this to the ground like cursed shore farming, dungeons, DR ect ect. I also feel like the champion farm below the gauntlet and cursed shore champ boxes are more of an issue because i imagine it would be easier to bot?.

Havent tried to bot before though so maybe it is harder to bot cursed shore.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

@firebaal
And how does it fit into that topic?

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Source.

…fact.

You come with wild claims, someone asks you to show any form of evidence to support it and you tell people to sort it out for themselves. Asking monetary compensation in return for having to show the proof that supports your own claim.

Right…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Google “Seattle garbage man salary”. Then go look for what Anet pays it’s average joe programmer.

http://garbagemansalary.net/WA/Bellevue/salary/Garbage-Collector-Salary

http://salaryquest.com/company-arenanet-inc-salary/

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Diminishing returns on all gauntlet fights.

It’s the only solution.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Think of them more like proofreaders and devs as authors.

“Handcrafted by master brewers, and hand photoshopped by underpaid interns.”

Less of a joke than you think, and with similar results. Don’t act like proofreaders aren’t important to the process. Without them, you don’t have a product.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Queen's Jubilee

CETheLucid.3964

Thanks for showing you have no idea what’s going on.

Sure bro. Anytime. You have a nice day now.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

QA is considered an entry-level, get-your-foot-in-the-door type of position.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

I know he can still be 4 gambit farmed easily (which people are doing for profit) but is it possible to beat him with 5 gambits at all for achievement?

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

just have him be at the other end of the arena when you spawn with the deadshot skill already 99% charged, when you’ve already beaten him once.

then claim the fight was to easy so the fight had to be changed to make it more “skilled”

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

QA is considered an entry-level, get-your-foot-in-the-door type of position.

This always makes me laugh. It’s true and false for a few reasons.

True: the video games industry is the only one that treats QA as an entry-level field. Manufacturing treats it as a HIGHLY skilled professional position, requiring years of experience. If you manufacture something and it’s bad, and QA doesn’t catch it, you could lose your contracts, or someone else could lose their life. Not so in video games. No one gets hurt unless the cartridge expl… right, we don’t use cartidges anymore.

False: QA is a “leads nowhere” position. You can’t get your foot in the door as QA, because you’re stuck there until they fire you or you get wise and realize that they’re never going to promote you to work on a real project. It’s a position that they farm out to college kids looking for “experience” in the field, which they won’t credit and can’t be reasonably placed on a resume.

Bleh. Deaf ears. Whatever.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Why nerf him? In my experience, you don’t make much more money than 10g/hour, which is the average of barracuda farm and (what was) CoF P1.

Unlike the Cursed Shore Ember farm, Deadeye doesn’t interfere with normal gameplay whatsoever.

The amount people make from this farm is grossly exaggerated because you pay 20s per 5 tickets.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Why nerf him? In my experience, you don’t make much more money than 10g/hour, which is the average of barracuda farm and (what was) CoF P1.

Unlike the Cursed Shore Ember farm, Deadeye doesn’t interfere with normal gameplay whatsoever.

The amount people make from this farm is grossly exaggerated because you pay 20s per 5 tickets.

Those costs are already taken into consideration. Farming him once every minute with 5 gambits = 60s gross. 6 tickets cost 24s. That’s 60-24 = 36s profit per minute which is 21g per hour. Not counting the additional possible drops like lodestones.

And there are some professions who can kill him twice in one minute making a profit of 40g per hour. Without having to deal with contested servers, queuing up with others and relying entirely on your own leisure and skill.

It was broken. Everyone knew it. Even now it’s broken since some professions can still farm him with ease. Personally I’m moving onto Ragemaw at 16g profit per hour.

Let CoF try and match that!

in Queen's Jubilee

Excalibur.9748

Really disappointed in ANET they let this drag on for too long without penalizing the exploiters and no compensation for people who didn’t attempt to exploit this.

All is vain.

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

Really disappointed in ANET they let this drag on for too long without penalizing the exploiters and no compensation for people who didn’t attempt to exploit this.

What exploiters? There was no coding bug, no oversight in Deadeye’s mechanics, no taking advantage of bugged skills, environment or whatever. Everything was done as intended.

I think everyone automatically know what exploit means. Farming the gauntlet isn’t one.

in Queen's Jubilee

Excalibur.9748

What exploiters? There was no coding bug, no oversight in Deadeye’s mechanics, no taking advantage of bugged skills, environment or whatever. Everything was done as intended.

I think everyone automatically know what exploit means. Farming the gauntlet isn’t one.

If you’re getting gold a LOT faster with 1 particular method, it’s pretty obvious it was not intended. If you keep taking advantage of it then yea that makes you an exploiter. What you’re supposed to do is to report it to the devs and stop taking advantage of said exploit.

The oversight is how easy it is to farm gold at crown pavillion as a whole. All the bosses except for liadri is…a joke. Only liadri farming should be able to generate this amount of gold.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

If you’re getting gold a LOT faster with 1 particular method, it’s pretty obvious it was not intended. If you keep taking advantage of it then yea that makes you an exploiter. What you’re supposed to do is to report it to the devs and stop taking advantage of said exploit.

The oversight is how easy it is to farm gold at crown pavillion as a whole. All the bosses except for liadri is…a joke. Only liadri farming should be able to generate this amount of gold.

The devs are well aware of gauntlet farming. That’s why they nerfed Subject 7’s drops. Now while I agree that it shouldn’t be possible to make so much gold, Anet obviously disagrees with me since they merely changed Deadeye’s mechanics instead of nerfing his drops.

And now I’m farming Ragemaw. Once more making a lot of gold. Also, the forums are full of this so it’s not as if Anet needs to be told anything. All of this is intended.

I agree it shouldn’t be intended because it trivializes all other content. But it is what it is. Only Anet knows when they purposely designed it this way.

in Queen's Jubilee

Excalibur.9748

The problem with nerfing his [deadeye] drops is that there are plenty of other joke bosses in the gauntlet. In fact, all of them pretty much are easy mode except for liadri. They can’t just keep putting band-aid fixes on this.

Ragemaw is a complete joke (more so than others), he doesn’t even do anything except for auto attacking. /facepalm

All is vain.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Source.

…fact.

You come with wild claims, someone asks you to show any form of evidence to support it and you tell people to sort it out for themselves. Asking monetary compensation in return for having to show the proof that supports your own claim.

Right…

I don’t think he’s wrong.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/ArenaNet-Reviews-E255820.htm

A frequent complaint is that the compensation is poor and below industry standards (“Keeps employees as Temporary Full Time with extremely low starting salaries ($28k-$33k). No benefits or overtime pay for many employees for multiple years.”)

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

http://garbagemansalary.net/WA/Bellevue/salary/Garbage-Collector-Salary

http://salaryquest.com/company-arenanet-inc-salary/

I’d say Firebaall has been called out and owned. We all knew he was pulling nonsense out of his kitten, this proves it. I also performed a cursory search that yielded the same info. I was able to find this information likely faster than it took him to type his response about Googling the info. Methinks someone feels his time is more valuable than it is.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Is the Pavilion permanent?

I think Anet knew what they were doing, at least with the downstairs, when the perma-buff you get from the emissaries is +150%MF….

I mean….really. People complain constantly that gold is too hard to get. Anet releases temporary content that allows for faster gold and people claim it is an exploit and if you farm it you are an exploiter. So dumb….so very very dumb. Next people will be saying it’s an exploit to buy low and sell high.

Perhaps the extra gold opportunities are part of the whole Jubilee. I know I want to celebrate daily when I see my gold quantity rise.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: PMilkos.9103

PMilkos.9103

Just because something was not intended does not mean it’s an exploit.
The things in this game that are unintended unfortunately do not end with the fact that QG is farmable – Queensdale has better rewards than all the high level areas combined, it’s sometimes more beneficial to intentionally fail some events rather than complete them, everything except Berserker’s gear is not fit for dungeons, condition damage is useless if more than 2 people are involved in a fight etc.
Exploits, on the other hand, involve finding out a bug or loophole within the code of the game and exploit that to do things that the game is not supposed to let them do. In QG, all players do is farm activities that are blatantly farmable by design, something that somehow managed to escape the attention of the people who designed the whole thing in the first place. No bugs involved (not in favour of the players at least, because there are a lot the work against them…), no game rules violated, nothing. If the devs really wanted this to not be farmable, they would have implemented the subject 7 treatment across the board (and from the start, might I add) – yet atm they are sending mixed messages.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

What you guys fail to realize is ANET is fully of aware of what goes on and off the forums..even if not they can monitor players (while invisible) doing the gauntlet. They know what they are doing , they steering the ship you just sit back and enjoy the ride and stop yelling obscenities about what you have no idea about (exploitation).

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Queen's Jubilee

CETheLucid.3964

A frequent complaint is that the compensation is poor and below industry standards (“Keeps employees as Temporary Full Time with extremely low starting salaries ($28k-$33k). No benefits or overtime pay for many employees for multiple years.”)

Well again for some perspective, the best a company can generally manage on Glassdoor is a very low 4 out of 5 (with exception to the perfect 5’s based on one review).

Anet has a 3.1 based on 12 reviews. Walmart has a 2.9 based on over 4,000 reviews. Though I do admit it’s an interesting perspective to have.

Have to wonder about the employee who’s upset that pets aren’t allowed at the company.

Are they a ranger dev by chance? :B

What you guys fail to realize is ANET is fully of aware of what goes on and off the forums..even if not they can monitor players (while invisible) doing the gauntlet. They know what they are doing , they steering the ship you just sit back and enjoy the ride and stop yelling obscenities about what you have no idea about (exploitation).

Yeah, and the snowflake exploit wasn’t an exploit either.

Hyper inflation due to being ‘forced to farm because it’s so profitable halp me i cant stop’ isn’t going to destroy the economy or be looked at as a malicious attempt to that end.

Neeeevaaaar.

Just in case, I better go pick up some popcorn.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Onkelbubu.3108

Onkelbubu.3108

Still doable with ranger without using all CDs for a kill=?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Well again for some perspective, the best a company can generally manage on Glassdoor is a very low 4 out of 5 (with exception to the perfect 5’s based on one review).

Anet has a 3.1 based on 12 reviews. Walmart has a 2.9 based on over 4,000 reviews. Though I do admit it’s an interesting perspective to have.

Have to wonder about the employee who’s upset that pets aren’t allowed at the company.

Are they a ranger dev by chance? :B

Yeah, and the snowflake exploit wasn’t an exploit either.

Hyper inflation due to being ‘forced to farm because it’s so profitable halp me i cant stop’ isn’t going to destroy the economy or be looked at as a malicious attempt to that end.

Neeeevaaaar.

Just in case, I better go pick up some popcorn.

To get an idea of “good” gaming companies to work for, Riot Games and Valve consistently get good reviews on the site (not many reviews for Valve, but employee turnover there is very low). ArenaNet is about average for larger-sized companies in the video game business.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.