1000 karka shells in one Day? NPC Gone

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

A-Net come on now you removed the NPC at Canach’s Folly. This was the only way for players who missed the event to get the earing. There is no way anybody could farm 1000 Karka shells in one day. Now the NPC is gone. Please put the NPC back to at least give players the time to farm the Karka shells. I farmed for I think 4 hours and only neted around 25-30 so U can imagine.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sarmach.1547

Sarmach.1547

They should just keep him up permanently. The item has a high cost and the shells are rare making only intent people want to work on it or rich people to buy the 1000 shells for roughly a silver a pop.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

awww they removed that NPC? That is sad though. I was thinkg about grinding a few weeks for that nice shell! Put him back!

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

What NPC and what item are you referring to?

in The Lost Shores

Warlord.9074

There was an NPC at the POI Canach’s Folly that would sell the same ear ring Ancient Karka shell for 1000 Karka Shells… It was the same ear ring that everyone who completed the event received.

A-Net has removed the NPC there is no way anyone could of farmed that many shells in the given amount of time it was in game. A-NET put it back please. There is so many people who couldn’t participate in the event now you have removed the only way they could of got the ear ring without giving them enough time to try and get it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

There was an NPC who exchange 1000 shells for the Ancient Shell (+25 to all stats) .

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I think the boss event will reoccur occasionally and re-unlock the NPC. There was way too much work put into that event for it to be a one-time thing. I imagine that the “special loot bag” might be a one time thing though.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sarmach.1547

Sarmach.1547

I think the boss event will reoccur occasionally and re-unlock the NPC. There was way too much work put into that event for it to be a one-time thing. I imagine that the “special loot bag” might be a one time thing though.

If they make that awful 2 hour minimum event regular I am not going back to that god forsaken island. They SHOULDN’T do that because they would have to make it easier, and making it easier would have people question why the hell the original was 2-3 hours long when it should have been an hour maximum. I would have rathered an hour long event with only the trinket and 20 slot bag. Screw the precursors and the extra loot with a 2-3 hour event.

in The Lost Shores

Warlord.9074

Is this intended? to offer players a chance to get the ear ring for 1000 shells but give them no chance to gather them?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

You would probably have to kill around 10k of those things at the very least to even get that much. Still sad they nuked it, now there is generally no reason to even go to this zone.

in The Lost Shores

Ohoni.6057

If they make that awful 2 hour minimum event regular I am not going back to that god forsaken island.

Well, I made a suggestion in another thread on how they can make the event less of a chore, but if you don’t want to participate, you can still do the other stuff on the island. It only covers a small portion at a time.

Also, I think that a lot of the chaos was because of how many people were involved. On a “normal day” I think less would show up, and thus the enemies would be scaled a bit weaker and easier to mow through.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they even made this a three-hour timer event chain, but a daily or weekly might be more realistic.

done by now.”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Deutero.9084

Deutero.9084

You would probably have to kill around 10k of those things at the very least to even get that much. Still sad they nuked it, now there is generally no reason to even go to this zone.

So you’ve got your 200 Karka kills for monthly achievement?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: XRTDiablo.9321

XRTDiablo.9321

Anyone else find it as amusing as I do that it was removed by the new build that wasn’t an actual build and was just “Maintenance” according to AN? :p

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

It would be nice to think the NPC has gone because they are going to change it to offer the Karka Chest as well…

Well, here’s hoping anyway

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

NPC is still there. So you can farm shells if you want. Warring for people who already have it, that accessory is unique, so you can wear only one.

in The Lost Shores

Warlord.9074

NPC is still there. So you can farm shells if you want. Warring for people who already have it, that accessory is unique, so you can wear only one.

where did it move to if its still there?

in The Lost Shores

Ohoni.6057

The NPC isn’t there on my server, but that’s because most of the “progress” chains have been broken. Most of the “earned” waypoints are disabled at the moment. I’m not sure how to start the event chain off.

done by now.”