2 Precursors from the chest? Really?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Celesica.5790

Celesica.5790

I hope they made it available to everyone (not the precursor but the chest), not in a one-time event. That would make it somehow fair I guess since everyone is there, the item is just there, who gets to open it and get precursors is really worth of the “luck” a lot of people are saying. But then, they made it available as a reward in a one-time event, wherein not all can of course attend (especially the Oceanic community).

So the chance is just given to those who can make it. Those who can’t aren’t included. Why they can’t = a number of reasons of course. It’s Monday morning, some people need to work, go to school, attend an important meeting, went to a funeral, etc.

If that’s really just for a one-time event, at least inform everyone prior to the event that “hey we’re giving this reward: the chance to get a precursor and a guaranteed 20 slot bag + acc. save yourself hours of farming golds. don’t miss this chance! it’s one time event!”, then maybe people can decide after that. No one can complain since it’s given yet they decided to miss the chance. It’s their choice.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Agenteusa.6380

Agenteusa.6380

So the chance is just given to those who can make it. Those who can’t aren’t included. Why they can’t = a number of reasons of course. It’s Monday morning, some people need to work, go to school, attend an important meeting, went to a funeral, etc.

If that’s really just for a one-time event, at least inform everyone prior to the event that “hey we’re giving this reward: the chance to get a precursor and a guaranteed 20 slot bag + acc. save yourself hours of farming golds. don’t miss this chance! it’s one time event!”, then maybe people can decide after that. No one can complain since it’s given yet they decided to miss the chance. It’s their choice.

I wouldn’t miss a funeral of a beloved one no matter what they announce so what’s your point? Is it that ANet has to make sure that you’re not in the toilet before the event ends?

Can’t you see how ridiculous those arguments are?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Precursors were about luck and money, now its just unfair buisness. the fact that the trial players even can obtain a precursor is already ridiculious, but 2? really?

Looks like he was lucky.

Stop your whining, I have 730 hours clocked and I don’t even have 1 precursor yet. And I’m still 100 Icy Runestones/Onyx Lodestones away.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pumillion.2519

Pumillion.2519

This patch has ‘complete lack of communication’ written all over it…from where to go and how to participate in the event, to responses of player concerns regarding the BIG changes to the game.

~

Dude, they released almost all the info 2 weeks prior to the event. all the quest logs were clear and concise on what to do next. I don’t understand where the lack of communication was. Did you even bother to check the forums if you had any doubts about anything?

And please don’t reply to me saying “Oh but I’m playing the game, why should I need to go to the forums?”

Again all was clear and concise , what wasn´t clear was the rewards but hey, they passed the message UNIQUE and ONE TIME so at least it should get people interested cause personally the event sucked in terms of fun.

I’m playing the game, why should I need to go to the forums?

That wasn’t really the deal here, all was very clear and you always have people shouting in map chat where to go, the topic was about those precursors who dropped like candy not about communication. Arenanet stated that they would do something about the precursors being ‘out of reach’ for the most players and this was intentionally done by them, however I don’t think they had in mind the trial players could get their hands on them so easily

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

Sounds like luck won the day here. Next question.

How do you feel about the guy who won 100 million real dollars for making a $1 bet?

Also am I supposed to feel a bit robbed because I had to play on a over-flow server while others were able to play it through on their official server? I feel a little dirty right now.

You fail to see the point.
It would be a matter of luck if EVERYONE had a chance to participate in this and some got the rewards, some not…

Now it was just punishing the players who couldn’t be online the 3 particular hours of the month.

There are lotteries out there I cannot participate in due to the area I live. I think that is wrong. I see the point, if I’m going to worry about petty jealousy, it makes more sense putting efforts in the real world and unbalanced rules for some vs others. I don’t like the kids that never did squat that get to globe-trot from top night club to night club kittening all the beautiful people.

In some ways everyone did have the chance to participate. You could move to a country with an internet connection, buy the game, take the time off and be awake for the event.

I could be one complaining as I didn’t get a precursor, while the guy next to me did. But I wasn’t born last night, that’s how it goes. I just let stuff like this roll cleanly off me. Who’s better adjusted, the person that can accept it or the other that asks for a congressional investigation over such heresy? Figuratively speaking.

I understand your point but you can also see how disheartening it would be to log hundreds of hours on this game and someone that most likely won’t stick around (none of my invites did after the lost shores flop), could get two precursors when most of us have been fighting to get just one since the game opened. Hind sight suggest should have spent some real $ on the gem store gold conversion while precursors were worth silver/low gold

I get your point but I can say a ton of things here about unbalances in our lives. Remember it’s a game, man up all that stuff. I won’t state how some in the realz have it way better then others, more so then your hundreds of luxury hours vs a trial player. Just look the other way, you’ll be a better person for it. I think Anet has recd the message, we wont know what they think until the next time and what they do. This is typically, if history repeats itself, what they do is simply have no more of them, not worth the hassle. But in mmo future fantasy forums, we’ll say “you know what would be cool? live events….”. And so the world turns.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: treborIRL.4521

treborIRL.4521

i don’t see how trials got the item needed for legendary…considering they were lvld up and gear scales…i know people who were lvl’d up and still got loot according to their real lvl….. hmmmm…..

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Celesica.5790

Celesica.5790

I wouldn’t miss a funeral of a beloved one no matter what they announce so what’s your point? Is it that ANet has to make sure that you’re not in the toilet before the event ends?

Can’t you see how ridiculous those arguments are?

My point is they shouldn’t make one time events with epic rewards where some of their players can’t attend. I hope you do see it. Sure, of course they wouldn’t miss that funeral, but at least when they go back and play the game ‘after the funeral they attended’, the chance to get a precursor or those shinies is still there available for them. Lucky or not, at least they were given the equal chance.

I’m not against people who got precursors, that’s totally okay for me because yep, they just got lucky. I also LOVE the one-time events in fact, because that’s one of the reasons that make this game kind of unique and fun as well.

But the thing is, the reward has been given in a one time event where everyone can’t attend. Sure, some people don’t care about the loots, but somehow, they got items which can save a little money to spend and a little time to farm, coz eventually, we will need those items (20 slots more in our bag, a decent stat increase with the accessory). That was the problem I’m referring to.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Over 600 hours played, never had anything drop worth more than 3.5g. Done decent amount of MF gambling as well.

Yay at trial accounts getting 400g for 2 minutes of effort.

Anet is insane.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Agenteusa.6380

Agenteusa.6380

That wasn’t really the deal here, all was very clear and you always have people shouting in map chat where to go, the topic was about those precursors who dropped like candy not about communication. Arenanet stated that they would do something about the precursors being ‘out of reach’ for the most players and this was intentionally done by them, however I don’t think they had in mind the trial players could get their hands on them so easily

1 – precursors didn’t drop like candy. I’m throwing a number up but probably no more than 15% who played the event got one or more.

2 – What do you mean they didn’t have it in mind? Ofc they did. All you had to do to get the chest was to login 5 mins before the event ended, join an OF that had it occuring and you had the chest. Plus the event was just ultra boring. You could be naked there and still get the chest. I’m pretty sure ANet knew what they were doing.

And now people are throwing the argument again that “I have xxx hours played and I ain’t got the lootz!!”.

I’m frankly sick and tired of explaining this, IT’S RNG. Meaning you can get Dusk and Dawn in 15 mins or get none in 3 months.

Me for instance, I got a precursor from the chest. Gave it away to a guildie since I play a game to enjoy myself and help others where I can (and I’m not piss broke so).

Never before did I get an exo or a precursor with over 800 hours played. I throw daily 16 rare items in the forge to get my precursor and although I know lots of people have thrown more I am over 500 rares into the forge.

The day after the event there I go and do my daily on the MF and I get my precursor. Just like that. It happens, it’s luck. Keep trying it will eventually happen for you.