3-hour one time events are NOT terrible...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: AsheRayne.9726

AsheRayne.9726

Ok, so, I was one of the ones kicked twice and never got to finish the event; I feel burned like the rest of you. However, my disagreement is not based on the event itself.
I think one-time events are actually awesome, and they help make the once-in-a-lifetime stuff that could shape Tyria pretty kitten cool (note that this one did not change Tyria like it said). However, the loot was the issue. I fully agree that if you’re going to do something like this, than make it in such a way that people will want to experience it for the story it presents, and how it will change the world, instead of the proverbial “carrot-on-the-stick” of loot that everyone emo-rages about after they don’t get it. That way, if they miss it, it’s not as big of a deal to them, and you don’t have to do away with the one time events that make this different than other mmos.

TLDR: One-time events are awesome, but the reward needs to be adjusted accordingly.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

It did change the world, the LA lighthouse was destroyed in phase I, and in phase III the karka cave was blasted open to make it accessible, while in phase II the entrance was blocked. Both changes remain, just as the lion statue in LA is still gone following the Mad King event.

But I agree, perhaps they could arrange the events so that the phases that change the world occur one time, and are followed by the temporary opening of an instanced zone for a few days, and completion of this zone results in the nice reward.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser