Anyway to HIDE the Lost Shores objective?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kate.1745

Kate.1745

I’m rather annoyed… I’m level 20 and I now have this stupid “Lost Shores” objective stuck at the top of the screen.

It’s freaking meaningless to me yet it sits there in my UI ALL FREAKING DAY LONG.

Serrious developers… did you think this through at all? This should ONLY show when you’re near the area (grumbles)

Put a fix in for this ASAP.

in The Lost Shores

Kate.1745

Does this not annoy anyone else? ;-( I mean seriously why can’t I hide this!!!

Every person playing the game DOES NOT need to see this on their screen from levels 0-80…

How do you overlook something this obnoxious?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: afoot.6932

afoot.6932

Concurred. Please fix.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tooks.8701

Tooks.8701

Its a world event. It’ll be on your screen for another 2 days. Consider that a fix.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

Your level means nothing, as you are getting scaled up to 80 for the event. So every player from 1-80 can participate and will get the objective on his screen for the few days that this event is running.

Seems very normal to me and I cannot understand why it would bother anyone enough to post over this, especially as it is clear from the beginning that it will disappear once the event is over.

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

in The Lost Shores

Kate.1745

I just read the lost shores crap on the website and now I THINK I get it.

Its a one time event? So the logic is to put the note there so everyone doesn’t miss it. I guess that almost makes sense. But for things like this you really should just put big bright shinies on the map, then put the notes in the quest log once someones character is in the ZONE.

I know I’m being moody, but I really don’t want to see world events like this in the future.

Especially since the event note is HUGE in my event window. And its not very transparent, it has a very dark background that isn’t seen through like the other events in my top right corner.

Sorry its just stupid annoying to the point where I really feel the need to complain rather than enjoy the game.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tooks.8701

Tooks.8701

I’m trying to imagine how small your screen is as I don’t notice it at all =/

I cant see ‘World Events’ being that common, but unfortunately for yourself I don’t think they’re going to change how they show the information.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

One suggestion though, while you are in a bad mood and a little angry about the event, try to avoid visiting Lions Arch. There is a NPC who keeps spamming an announcement over and over again (and pretty loudly) and you might become an upset CITIZEN

Check this thread for details:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lostshores/Subdirector-Blingg-audio-Merged-threads/first

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Juvnoc.7650

Juvnoc.7650

It is driving me nuts too, the Halloween event’s objective wasn’t nearly as large. A little blurb I can take, but a paragraph of info I don’t care about should really have a hide option.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Wolfgang Hype.8970

Wolfgang Hype.8970

They should let you minimize it like you can with Dynamic Events and Hearts. However they should leave it up in the list.

Tarnished Coast – Association of Classy Tyrians [ACT]
Shyamal- Asuran Necromancer | Varg Houtman- Norn Ranger
Nemo Randolf- Human Guardian

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Alas they like sticking kitten on our screens.
Pvp recount mid screen telling you what/how you died. Well durr, I was there!
Transfer to home server, mid screen regardless of you`re mid fight/trying to place AoE.
No options to turn off “You`re skill is not off of cd yet” type thing.
And yes, those things top screen that we already know about via forums, mail, local area stuff…

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: AndysonofBob.1458

AndysonofBob.1458

Yeah

I game in 3D and it is PROPER annoying! The large message is in the 2D plane, whilst you are looking into the gameword at depth. It is like holding your hand over eye – salute style, but you are unable to turn it off! -Sigh!

But if it will go in a day or two…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: CarzorStelatis.5396

CarzorStelatis.5396

Have to sell those cash shop event chests somehow folks!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Juvnoc.7650

Juvnoc.7650

Have to sell those cash shop event chests somehow folks!

I’d say it is more of an oversight rather than an evil monstrous kitten-eating plan. Albeit an annoying one.

Personally I’m just skipping out on this event for now.