Canach is still BROKEN after fix

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: shaktiboi.5194

shaktiboi.5194

He becomes periodically attackable ( and you can get a medal if you’re lucky enough to find him in that state), but he will not actually talk to you nor give you an update even if you are there when he’s attackable and get a medal for killing him.

STILL BROKEN; NO WAY TO PROGRESS THE QUEST CHAIN

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bad Nursie.2876

Bad Nursie.2876

Yeah, I’ve killed him twice. Got full credit (gold) for the events. Talked to him several times, relogged twice, no mail, no map. :/ It’s working for some, others not.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: shaktiboi.5194

shaktiboi.5194

After looking at Stephane Lo Presti’s Phase 1 update more carefully (which is confusingly written, btw), this seems to be the case:

Because Noll is still bugged, you are effectively stopped in progress after you talk to Blingg. Canach and other NPCs come after Noll, and if you can’t successfully pass Noll, they won’t work for you. So the update by Lo Presti should have better clarified and made obvious that the quest chain is still broken at Noll and there’s no point attempting to do anything else after Blingg until they push the fix to Noll at noon PST today.

BTW for those confused about the proper order of things, I recommend Dulfy’s guide to the Lost Shores stuff: http://dulfy.net/2012/11/16/gw2-lost-shores-event-guide/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ed of Death.4819

Ed of Death.4819

Except I did Noll last night. And Canach was bugged. I still have the email and it won’t let me do canach still. So i don’t think just Noll being bugged is the whole issue.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ZoiN.4280

ZoiN.4280

To do Canach you need to wait for a few minutes after he’s been defeated once as the event apparently doesn’t let you fight him instantly right after he’s been defeated.

I’m not sure if you need to talk to him again after hes been defeated, but I got my mail as I talked to him again, not sure that’s why or not.

But yeah, just wait a few minutes and you’ll be able to talk to him to fight him. I noticed atleast on my end, that he started to move back to his waypoint as soon as you could talk to him again.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bad Nursie.2876

Bad Nursie.2876

Ah, that explains it for me then. I’ve not yet been able to do Noll.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mbridg.4069

mbridg.4069

This is easily the most frustrating feeling! It seems he only gives out ONE map each time the event happens. THERE IS LIKE A HUNDRED people in this LITTLE room killing him each time. No one knows why, who ever gets the map, is the one to get it. I think it has something to do with the person that Canach is focused on during the fight, but there’s SO much AOE and people in the room going on that you can’t even SEE Canach during the fight.

Please fix again to take into account the HORDES of people doing this event. It’s very hard to believe that the “amount of people” doing this event was not planned for.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

But…..you can defeat him and still not get the update. I’ve defeated him 4 times just now and no update.

I’m giving up on it.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nepumuk.6071

Nepumuk.6071

After you defeat Canach, talk to him. Only then I received a mail with the trophy item.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I talked to him each of the times I defeated him. Maybe sometime I’ll be the only one there and it will update for me. I think it may be limited to the first person or 2 that manages to talk to him out of the crowd there.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in The Lost Shores

mbridg.4069

Someone came into the Canach fight and said that you needed to fight the Knoll guy in Caledon Forrest first. I’m currently in Caledon Forrest waiting to fight Knoll, who appears to be bugged lol.

in The Lost Shores

mbridg.4069

After looking at Stephane Lo Presti’s Phase 1 update more carefully (which is confusingly written, btw), this seems to be the case:

Because Noll is still bugged, you are effectively stopped in progress after you talk to Blingg. Canach and other NPCs come after Noll, and if you can’t successfully pass Noll, they won’t work for you. So the update by Lo Presti should have better clarified and made obvious that the quest chain is still broken at Noll and there’s no point attempting to do anything else after Blingg until they push the fix to Noll at noon PST today.

BTW for those confused about the proper order of things, I recommend Dulfy’s guide to the Lost Shores stuff: http://dulfy.net/2012/11/16/gw2-lost-shores-event-guide/

You know. HOW is a person supposed to know that you have to do Knoll first. Even in the tool tip on the top right hand corner of the screen it says "The Karka have surfaced in Kessex Hills, Caledon Forrest, and Lions Arch. It even names Kessex Hills before Caledon Forrest!

There is no other way, no clue, no anything, that hints that there is an order to the chain. I’m all about figuring things out and even enjoy it. But this isn’t about figuring out a clue or a something. It just is what it is, and there is no way to know.

Very Frustrated!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Falcon Night.4653

Falcon Night.4653

Just fought the guy for the 4th time after fix and still no mail. Talked to him before the fight but can’t talk to him after. Always got the gold medal for event completion. Some players in the same fight have gotten the mail. WTF?

These are not the droid you are looking for, move along… → ESO, FireFall, NW :)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Falcon Night.4653

Falcon Night.4653

And please don’t tell me you have to talk to him when he’s down. With 10 other players i the room, he’s down for all of 10ns and then back up. Got him down once and nearly talked to him but before I could complete talking he was back up and that was the end.

These are not the droid you are looking for, move along… → ESO, FireFall, NW :)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

You know. HOW is a person supposed to know that you have to do Knoll first. Even in the tool tip on the top right hand corner of the screen it says "The Karka have surfaced in Kessex Hills, Caledon Forrest, and Lions Arch. It even names Kessex Hills before Caledon Forrest!

There is no other way, no clue, no anything, that hints that there is an order to the chain. I’m all about figuring things out and even enjoy it. But this isn’t about figuring out a clue or a something. It just is what it is, and there is no way to know.

Very Frustrated!

The mail that gets sent to you on log in that tells you to go talk to Inspector Ellen Kiel? Who then tells you to go search the western shores of Lion’s Arch for wreckage, which then gives you an item to bring to her, which she then sends you to talk to Blingg, who then sends you a notice in the mail to go to Noll? After beating him you are sent to Canach.

It’s pretty straight forward and obvious to anyone paying attention what the order is. Reading is a nifty concept.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zepour.4965

Zepour.4965

Defeated him several times, talked to him before and after the fight, talked to him when he was up and down, begged him, offered him cookies. Still no mail.

This whole event is an utter failure in my opinion. What a waste of time.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

Very Frustrated!

If you haven’t done Noll, there’s no way you could know about Canach.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Still broken for me as well. Talk to him before he moves. talk to him while he moves, which opens up the ability to actually say something to him. Defeat him once he goes hostile. talk to him while he’s on the ground. Again when he stands up. Three tries and no mail.

The fact that more steps in these event chains are broken than working just adds to the frustration. Let me sneak in another call for a Public Test Server, or at the very least multiple “all hands” internal testing events for these live events to make sure they actually work before the event goes live?