Disconnected in Fractals...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hawken son of Z.1367

Hawken son of Z.1367

did not see any other threads regarding this so im posting my own. I was in fractals for several hours lastnite with a group of friends.. had the swamp boss down to like 20% health and I got disconnected. quickly reset router, got back in game before he was dead cuzz my team just tried to stay alive instead of killing him so I could get back in and get chest.. well…. to bad, cuzz unlike ALL other dungeons in this game I never got a prompt to re-enter the fractal. and when I did enter myself I was in my own instance.

just wanted to voice my disappointment in this. it was our last fractal to beat before we got the “big world type boss” event.. so I got screwed outa that,

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Darkk.3018

Darkk.3018

I think this issue has been voiced already, but I agree, it is an truly annoying and frustrating situation if it happens to you, especially if you are just about to reach the wrodl boss like event. I hope this is a bug.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Duncker.1756

Duncker.1756

I also got kicked from fractals together with my whole team after 1-2h exploration. We never managed to get back to where we were and things fell apart. Not going to bother again.
It’s like this is a beta event..

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zomgorg.9745

Zomgorg.9745

Yes, this happened to me too. Pretty demoralising to have to start progress on the next level over again. Why didn’t they just keep the same system as other dungeons?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Phalanix.7542

Phalanix.7542

^that and the fact the server rebooted last night all of a sudden. The system message said a new build was ready and 2 hrs till reboot. Then all of a sudden it rebooted after the 2 hr. message – luckily we just killed the last boss and finished the dungeon.

Telling players you’re rebooting the servers in 2 hrs then doing it within a couple of minutes is NOT cool. -_-

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Melles.7352

Melles.7352

Today a group member dc and we had to restart then it happend again.
They need to fix this fast.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Draeka.5941

Draeka.5941

Refuse to run fractals until this gets fixed. Don’t know why Anet decided to use a different code from dungeons for fractals, but they screwed the pooch on this one.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

We’re aware of the disconnection problems in the Fractals dungeons that you’re experiencing. The team is working to fix the issues.

We apologize for the impact to your experience of this content.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cirroq.2531

Cirroq.2531

This flawed mechanic has been drawing complaints from frequent dungeon runners for a while now. Hopefully some positive action will be taken soon.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

We’re aware of the disconnection problems in the Fractals dungeons that you’re experiencing. The team is working to fix the issues.

You didn’t answer the important question. What about not being to enter the same dungeon your group is in after u dc? Even if u fix the current dc in the dungeon people will still dc. So, will we be able to go back into the same dungeon?

AmateurNet

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Polantaris.9513

Polantaris.9513

You didn’t answer the important question. What about not being to enter the same dungeon your group is in after u dc? Even if u fix the current dc in the dungeon people will still dc. So, will we be able to go back into the same dungeon?

I’m pretty sure that qualifies as a “disconnection problem.” Not saying that I know that they are, but part of the issue with disconnecting is that you cannot get back into your own fractal, which in my opinion qualifies as a disconnection problem. People are going to disconnect regardless, so I don’t think “We’re working on making sure you never ever disconnect” is really a valid problem that they can fix.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I’m pretty sure that qualifies as a “disconnection problem.” Not saying that I know that they are, but part of the issue with disconnecting is that you cannot get back into your own fractal, which in my opinion qualifies as a disconnection problem. People are going to disconnect regardless, so I don’t think “We’re working on making sure you never ever disconnect” is really a valid problem that they can fix.

I got an error message by using a repair canister half way through a fractal and it closed the game. Needless to say my group wasn’t happy with Anet.

This is not simply a disconnection problem to tend with. This instance there was no fault of my own.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Just let us log back in and rejoin same instance we were in. ;/

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pouet.4938

Pouet.4938

The game crashes in the middle of Fractals scale 6. The issue is not disconnecting or not during dungeons, it’s NOT BEING ABLE TO REJOIN. Now my team finished scale 6 and I cannot go on to scale 7 with them. I did not get reward because the game crashed right before chest too.
I am so angry right now T_T sorry for venting

(edited by Pouet.4938)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Innolis.7534

Innolis.7534

They should allow you to rejoin until they can sort out this mess…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Leashe.6472

Leashe.6472

Just spend 6 hours trying to run one of my friends through fractal 1. Game crashed on myself and other members 3 times so we had to restart several times. Extremely frustrating.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

I know that’s why I said people will still dc after the fix, just cause dc’s happen all the time. What I want to know is if we’ll be able to get back into the dungeon with our group instead of not being able to re-join.

AmateurNet

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aeive.7152

Aeive.7152

i have personally dc’ed 4 times at about the end of scale 1, so i know how frustrating this is.
but letting u back in there with the rest of ur pt is not an option. all you would have to do would be to relog and re-enter everytime you die in there. making the fractals impossible to fail, kinda defeats the purpose of not having waypoints in there.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Drakord.2754

Drakord.2754

I gave up on Fractals Dungeon untill this is fixed.
I´m getting random disconnections since patch making IMPOSSIBLE to run the dungeon… Everytime i get disconnected my whole group have to regroup and re-enter together again… the third or forth time it happens i just leave the group to don´t make them lose their time….
The BIG concern is that by the time it´ll get fixed most people will be on higher dificulty level and i won´t be able to find many groups to start playing the dungeon at lvl 1 :_(
It´s so frustrating….

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

i have personally dc’ed 4 times at about the end of scale 1, so i know how frustrating this is.
but letting u back in there with the rest of ur pt is not an option. all you would have to do would be to relog and re-enter everytime you die in there. making the fractals impossible to fail, kinda defeats the purpose of not having waypoints in there.

10 or 15 minute cooldown on every re-enter.

Problem solved?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

You know that short of ending up naked, there’s no way to fail the fractals right? When everyone dies you just respawn at the checkpoint.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Spuda.2501

Spuda.2501

I have to sign this too. My connection is bad and I know it. It can run whole day fine or just DC randomly. Thing is I’m not able to complete a single level in Fractals this last time I got DCed right before the last boss kill. And 2 hrs of playing gone… Just like that. Needles to say I almost threw my PC out of the window.

So please, let us join our party like it is in another dungeons… Like someone said it wouldn’t hurt cuz when every1 dies there is a checkpoint. So no advantage given by leaving and re-entering. Or make it reset when whole party leaves… Because I’m really unable to do anything.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

Make people comeback dead at the checkpoint if they get out. Or make them spawn on the very beginning of the dungeon, making the whole run to the boss difficult and long if they decide to log off to revive. There are hundreds of ways of fixing this without breaking the mechanics of the dungeon. Let’s see if arenanet is capable of doing them.

Right now, i can’t get past level 3 because there is a 50% chance of me crashing at some point. It particularly happens during maps transition. And there is always someone in my party that crashes and dc as well.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

(edited by Nebilim.5127)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Foronisus.4138

Foronisus.4138

i get disconnected on the Asura style map with harpies hope to see it fixed soon

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

While I ain’t entirely sure how they handle the dungeons, it may help to have someone with a good connection enter you. It seems to me that (at least in part) dungeons are hosted by the person entering, since if the person that entered leaves, the whole group are kicked from the dungeon. This is another issue I see with the way the game handles dungeons. Instead of re-allocating the host/instance to someone else, it just kicks everyone and all progress is lost.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I love how my group and I progress through the fractal to the last boss, the game disconnects me, and I cannot get back into the Fractal, and it seems to have messed up the progress for everyone else.

Were..disconnects just overlooked when coding this?

Fantastic job. Instead of devoting time to ascended gear, try devoting time to fixing your spotty coding job.

Just wasted 45 minutes. Logged off now.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RSAMaximus.2095

RSAMaximus.2095

my team got kicked from dungeon back to LA for no reason we wer kicking kitten with a 4 man team

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

This disconnect stuff is complete crap. Test your friggin stuff first.

Jeesus, I am one step out of the door with this game. The game itself is great, the people behind it…not so much anymore.

And for the love of god please stop merging threads. Every single thread anyone ever creates is merged. Its ridiculous. You guys are on a power trip with a full gearset of ascended gear, while we still only have exotics.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lucavern.6829

Lucavern.6829

I agree that re-entering after death would cause problems. Easy fix though – if fractal is in progress, new players enter completely dead at the current checkpoint. Group can make way to them to raise, or when next full wipe they can stand back up with everyone else. Problem solved.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Winzzy.9435

Winzzy.9435

I have tried fractals four times now… Disconnected every single attempt…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I posted about this a couple of hours after the dungeon opened on Friday. Titled the thread, “BOOTED from Dungeon” as I thought that was easy enough to find

Yes, to all that this has occurred to, I’m with you! It happened on our first run at the dungeon. About 2 hrs in and almost to the end of our 3rd Fractal and BAM!… loading Lions Arch screen. Truly annoying and yet, not really a couple of days later.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

bump.

we must be able to return to our groups after disconnection….

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Fury Spitfire.2159

Fury Spitfire.2159

Thanks for wasting my weekend Arenanet.

I spent friday night and saturday night doing the Phase 1 and 2 missions.
Then after getting to Miyani tonight, after you fixed Noll, I find out that I can’t complete the mission arc any more…. Nice

So, I move on and join a Guild that I met whilst waiting for Canach to reset, and we head off to do the Fractals. We were having a great time until I got booted and couldn’t rejoin them… Just as we were on the final boss.
Another evening wasted.

I love GW2 and it is an astonishing work of art but it’s such a shame that events like this don’t work and that you can’t rejoin a party. Please fix it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lOKI.8152

lOKI.8152

Same problem. Disconnected at the end of the 3rd part of lvl 1 fractal and couldnt rejoin. Extremely annoying and killing my fun.

Lvl 80s: Thief, Necro, Engi, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger

“War does not determine who is right – only who is left.”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Darksundown.2973

Darksundown.2973

G’luck keep up the great work.

One area that I’m consistently getting DC’ed on is the part with the jumping platforms at the beginning with the harpies. Probably past the 8th jump, I get to a part where I just get DC’ed. My party even tried to Mesmer port me up there and I got DC’ed too. I don’t know what could be the problem. Maybe because I’m using the beta-Vert FOV setting for my charr. Anyways, hope this gets fixed. Thanks!

Blackgate fights fights,
[ICoa] Imperial Coalition
DarkSunDown Dogma (gd) | Xanadu Dogma (mes)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MAUL.6178

MAUL.6178

Who had the idea to not allow players to join their party after disconnection ?
Seriously ? Your servers fail as usual and are we are kittened .

Ok, implement some stuff to forbid us to change our party, or to relog on alts, but not to reconnect after crash/DC or any weird errors like repairs canister lol.

Once again gj to the QA team, they did goooooooooood job D:

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Made a thread about this earlier and the impact pure disconnects have along with not being able to get in with your group.

Fundamental mechanics in an MMO that should be working flawlessly.

Do the devs not look to other games for ideas or problem solving? There are plenty of MMOs out there with working features regarding these issues, why must they exist in an MMO from ’12?

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bleeds.4029

Bleeds.4029

Two things:

1) Finally decided to try FotM and like many here got disconnected. Whole group got kicked out due to server crash and the time it would have taken to re-do was more than I could spare because of work today.

2) Spent a lot of wasted time dead with no ability to resurrect having been blown off the ramp on the statue portion thing. Please test these things before you release them.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kiviar.7063

Kiviar.7063

Do the devs not look to other games for ideas or problem solving? There are plenty of MMOs out there with working features regarding these issues, why must they exist in an MMO from ’12?

In a lot of ways it seems that GW2 was developed in a vacuum. Many things which are thought as essential to modern MMOs such as, but not limited to, LFG system, dungeon finding system, ability to make secured player trades.

If they actually released this without knowing the effects of disconnecting mid dungeon, than whoever is their test manager should be fired. It took me five minutes to find that problem.

However, it is much more likely that they knew about this from the start and decided not to fix it in favour of pushing fractals out on time. It could be a very difficult problem to solve.

Unfortunately that is not an excuse for pushing out half baked content.

(edited by Kiviar.7063)