Event lag [Merged]

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Darth Manul.5604

Darth Manul.5604

Show intro right after relog (lags@disconnect) was a great idea, thank you!
And that awesome UI blocking massage, right in place!
GJ.

Attachments:

Ele of Gandara [URL=http://www.luxarcana.org/forums/guild-wars2/]Lux[/URL]

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

The servers obviously can’t handle it and the trial players are going to make this weekend even worse than the halloween one-time event.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: White Wing Dove.3175

White Wing Dove.3175

I keep getting kicked out

Maya Vix [GORE] [LLS]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: koffein.9374

koffein.9374

have to agree

the events like Halloween or this one are great … but maybe better no events than in that way …

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: frogshake.2419

frogshake.2419

On the other hand, this does feel like a once in a lifetime experience

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nero Stark.1369

Nero Stark.1369

what the heck is going on?

Attack skills flash but do NOT work. Got kicked to character select screen, logged in again. Now I’m dead on the floor and there is so much lag that even waypoint-ressing does not work. So i’m stuck dead on a floor doing sweet F A.

Same here… isn’t it fun?
I’m dead on the floor, don’t even know how. And can’t use waypoints.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Wingchild.9830

Wingchild.9830

This is a complete fail on Anet’s part. Never should have had this event in such a tiny little area in one spot. Who ever decided to do it this way needs to be fired. Common sense should have popped up at some point and slapped some people around.

Just odd that we didn’t have problems like this during Mad King’s event, on a weekend.. but 3pm on a Friday is madness.

Maybe there’s not enough Overflow capacity today?

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nealce.9428

Nealce.9428

Really thanks. Game crashed 4 times now, did have singlehit, any contribution to ONE TIME event. Everybody hail to great Arenanet team. You are so great and brave, when you the courage to present such a failure…

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

Failed event lol.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Reminds me of the killer rabbit at the end of BWE1. Haven’t learned anything since June, huh?

I logged out, it was too frustrating, not to mention dangerous as the mobs still get to attack full speed but I can’t dodge or heal…..

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Reclaimer.9276

Reclaimer.9276

I agree and i don’t want to feel like i have to be here else i miss something big

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

This is reason #2 that one-time events are a bad idea. It should really be #1. Design this stuff to last a few days, build it up gradually. Don’t tell everyone to log in at once. How could you possibly think that would go well?

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mephane.8496

Mephane.8496

Yay I managed to switch attunements. At least my soothing mist passively heals random people for inconsequential amounts!

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

This is aweful :/

I really hope you give us something better tomorrow, Anet

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Everyone will look back on this event and (hopefully never again) say… “Remember the Lag of November 2012? Lol!”

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: aesir.8503

aesir.8503

I seriously do not understand the decision making of the developers of this event. Considering the previous result of cramming many players into one area in Guildwars 2 this was ill-advised. I just logged out and am once again disappointed in this company. Like the game dislike the reasoning of the dev team.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Melonbrew.9681

Melonbrew.9681

Was the halloween Event like this? if so, is this gonna be what future events are going to be like.

The lag is so bad atm

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

One time events are really unfair to the entire working world. This one was smack in the middle of the work day for the entire continent, and I’m kinda bummed I had to miss it as a result. It would not have killed them to do this last night or tonight instead…

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Mephane.8496

Twitter advices us to map travel out and back into Lion’s Arch. I am totally not going to blow 3s just to end up the same.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

1.68 ghz dual core APU 4 GB ddr3 ram and AMD Radeon HD 6320

I was seeing everyone and everything invisible until 10 minutes in and at first no sound or anything I couldn’t move and was dying. Then when people finally spread out I was still unable to use skills properly and the sound was skipping and lagging.

I know my laptop is horrid for this, but people with even better set ups were doing very bad as well.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Wingchild.9830

Wingchild.9830

Was the halloween Event like this? if so, is this gonna be what future events are going to be like.

The lag is so bad atm

Nah, Halloween was great – lag free, smooth event execution.. some confusion on the start times, and the Clock Tower was beastly, but the event itself ran great.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kazak.8459

Kazak.8459

Sounds like we (working adults) didn’t miss much but a giant lag fest

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kim Huynh.6412

Kim Huynh.6412

Third or fourth time being disconnected, not even worth the effort or frustration.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

This is simply unnaceptable.

I couldn’t do a single thing. I didn’t even get credit for the event.

I paid to PLAY a game, not to get pummeled to death without being able to do a single thing.

If your systems are not prepared for this, don’t do this. Some testing in your staging servers will NOT prepare you for this.

I should be in-game, enjoying the game. I can’t enjoy the game, because I can’t see the enemy, I can’t see my allies and I can’t use skills.

And no, the problem it’s not in my side, because I can play absolutely any other game while downloading lots of stuff, yet for this I shut down all other network activity and I’m still lagging like frakking hell.

You are perfectly aware that getting this many people conected at the same time will causes this problems, and yet you keep doing this one-time things.

Stop it.

Just stop it. It starting to look like you are doing this on purpose or something.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

This is just broken, i was in an overflow and we had like 5% left to kill and then a 30 second freeze and disconnect, rejoin a server and i’m not in one that is basically just started. Then as soon as i start attacking another 30 seconds freeze and all of a sudden i’m dead.

This needs to be halted now, it’s just to broken to play it.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Nealce.9428

Yeah I tried that and guess what. IT IS NOT WORKING!!!

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ezzmoka.1702

ezzmoka.1702

u Fools
didn’t u notice that LAG is kraken Elite skill?

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Maybe so, but it still stinks that I had to miss whatever cool cutscene came up as an opener. Hopefully someone youtubes it soon.

Also missed the really awesome guild social aspect to getting together for something like this.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jelle.2807

Jelle.2807

Disapointing. I would have much preferred a less grandiose event that was actually playable.
This could’ve been nice, but try to make something feasible rather then just nice, please.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

You’re missing out on a great deal. It’s just a great deal of seeing the back end of the same crab for five mins at a time.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Nealce.9428

great now unable to connect at all. Are you kidding us? Do u like upset players?

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

Epic fail event

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kazak.8459

Kazak.8459

You’re missing out on a great deal. It’s just a great deal of seeing the back end of the same crab for five mins at a time.

I have 3 twitch.tv feeds going, so I see 3 crabs now! also 3 different res views and everyone is whining. It’s like I am right there with you pushing #4 in the downed stage with no progress!

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

This was a fail event.

It is pretty much forseable that your servers couldnt handle the overload.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Drizzzle.5847

Drizzzle.5847

Is anyone also having an issue with doing zero damage?

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Foronisus.4138

Foronisus.4138

and worse thing for me i even did talk to the guy gave him 4 samples and than after that Gw2 crushed and if there is a reward for this event i wont get it because when i get now i get on other overflow. Just Great!

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Nealce.9428

No I have issue to not be able to play at all… game chrashes, unablke to connect and when in game lagging os bad that i cant do a single thing

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I log in, Karka attack me, I die because of lag and I can’t use skills, and then I die because I can’t even press the bandage skill because it doesn’t work. Then the game kicks me, and I repeat th process because I don’t want to miss content… and the repair bills continue to pill up.

Please a-net, we are thankfull for this events, but do not invest any resource on them before investing in better server maintainance because it deteriorates the incredibly amazing content when you try to put so many players on the same place.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Mephane.8496

Good thing they promised us this is no one-time thing with unique one-time rewards. Oh wait it was the other way round…

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: zerorelative.3104

zerorelative.3104

This was a complete waste of time. The lag made it unplayable. The “story” was already pitiful, and the lag made it horrible. I’m sorry that I even tried. Every event starting with the pre-launch launch has disappointed me.

There are still so many bugs in this game it’s frustrating – dynamic events broken, karma exploits, clipping errors, client crashes, invulnerable monsters, sound loops, etc.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: White Wing Dove.3175

White Wing Dove.3175

Here here! Same thing keeps happening to me

Maya Vix [GORE] [LLS]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

I’m unable to check if it has been said, but leave Lion’s Arch and reenter. Your progress on the event will be different, but the lag should be far, far better. Me and a friend did it and the lag is almost (not quite) entirely fixed.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Nealce.9428

Great so now I relogged about tenth time and event is finished. Gee, thanks for wonderfuul experience

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

It’s not your PC. This is back-end server lag. Regardless of your FPS, regardless of your rig – you can’t do anything on your end to improve the experience.

That said, Anvil Rock finished the turn-ins and is now burning down Egg Layers.. though we’re not really sure what’s damaging them, exactly.

I think some it might be client side. On my end, the culling was so bad, I couldn’t see any players, or the mobs. Just random spell effects all over the place, at about 3 fps. Went on like that, for about five minutes, still couldn’t see anything, and then I crashed.

Some people have gotta be doing better than that, right?

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Parvati.5780

Parvati.5780

The mad king event was not as bad as this is. This is a total failure.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Squall Leonhart.2075

Squall Leonhart.2075

They’ve already posted on twitter that they are addressing the problem.

Guild Wars 2 ?@GuildWars2

If you’re having a problem with lag, try map traveling out of Lion’s Arch, then back in. ~RB2

(edited by Squall Leonhart.2075)

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Liliana Moore.4237

Liliana Moore.4237

Me too….

Death caused by creatures that do not give xp should not incur armor damage and death penalty. The same goes for dying in cities like Lion’s Arch.

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

I knew I’d come to the forums and find posts like these… and I’m usually playing devil’s advocate, but this time I really have nothing positive to say. The lag makes the whole thing unplayable. I went in with my level 35 Elementalist (I don’t have any level 80s, 35 is my highest level) and I got no experience whatsoever from mobs (no credit for a single kill) because of the lag and skills not firing. Chat messages are taking ~2 minutes to deliver, if they even deliver. I went down and couldn’t activate any healing skills. I was going around reviving people but ultimately I just gave up and sat outside the area of the event.

This is unplayable. Please make sure you properly stress test your servers before trying to push massive events like this. It doesn’t sound like a single person is able to play this smoothly. If the Sunday event is going to be like this – and devs have mentioned you just need to participate to get the reward – I’m probably not getting anything even if I do participate because I can’t even get credit for a single kill, in spite of being in the fray trying to autoattack things.

Please, take your server capacity into account or just make more dungeons/instanced events until more efficient servers are available.

Edit: Okay, it just ended and I did get credit for participating (silver). Still, I don’t feel like that was much of a participation at all.

(edited by neon.4863)

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

It was unplayable for me. Lasted 15 minutes into the event…shall I describe:

- No audio whatsoever
- HUGE lag, rubber banding
- NPC-s and monsters not loading on time
- 15-20 second skill lag
- died 3 times without noticing at first

The server is horrible. So in my eyes this event is fail on technical scale.

And you still don’t want to add multiple districts in every town?

Event lag [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

Good. Then hopefully they will rerun the event and pay for players repair costs. I have 3 karka samples (which I somehow managed to get before the game epicly died on its backend) and was not able to turn them in. So the event that I have now taken time out of my life to attend I have presumably failed? You know …the “one-off” event.

Not a happy customer.