Event loot worth $250. Details inside

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Stormy.3519

Stormy.3519

Whenever you offer in game currency (gems) for real money, you give in game items real world value. Dusk, a precursor drop from the Lost Shores event, through gem value and “Black Lion Trading Company” prices, is worth $250.
Lets say you loot the infamous “Dusk”. It is currently selling at 260g (gold) on the B.L.T.C. in game. I will be generous, knock 60g off for the rather expected market flood of precursors, and set it at 200g even.
Now, gem value is always in flux, but the AVERAGE right now for 100 gems in game is 1g (gold). At that average price, you can buy 20,000 gems for 200g. 20,000 gems… what can you buy in game for gems you ask?
Character Slot Expansion – 800 gems
Experience, Glory, Karma, Crafting, Magic Find Boosts – 75 – 150 gems each
Every single Style item in the Gem shop – 4950 gems
Mystic Forge Stone – 5 for 250 gems
Mini 3-Pack – 300 gems
Additional Bag Slot – 400 gems
The Digital Deluxe Guild Wars 2 Upgrade! – 2000 gems
Bank slots, black lion keys, Dyes dyes and more dyes, transmutation stones, revive orbs, etc etc…
Finally, how did I get $250? For the in game gem store, you can buy gems for real world money.
4000 gems = $50.
4000 × 5 = 20,000 (our total gem worth for Dusk).
$50 × 5 = $250
So, for an in game event that not everyone was able to complete due to game crashes, server issues, or even log into at all due to real world obligations, you include a $250 item as a possible drop from the chest at the end of the event.
This, my fellow forum dwellers, is why I am upset with this debacle. Yes you can say “Well no one would spend $250 on a PRECURSOR!!” I can both agree and disagree. What I am saying is that this one item, is worth $250 in gems from the in game store. And yes, people can and will, though not necessarily all at once, pay $250 for in game gems.
One final thought on this (if you read this far). Think of how long it takes the AVERAGE player to farm 200 gold… the average player, Mr. Leetsauce dating my mother who can farm 200 gold in one night, not you. This possible drop, just the possibility of it dropping from a chest at the end of an event that a LARGE number of people could not attend, is worth so much time and effort that many people do not wish to put into a game JUST making gold, instead of playing it.
I would appreciate a chance at that chest GREATLY. I sincerely hope Area Net decides to run this event again for players who did not get a chance to attend.
Feel free to delete this post mods. I feel better already.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I would rather see everyone get a token that you can trade with an NPC on the island. The NPC has a box of random named weapons. When you open the box you can get any of the named weapons.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Thaiden.3487

Thaiden.3487

Another valid point Anet.

Please, help us help you. We want to play this great game of yours; you promised us we would not be at any big advantage for time constraints. I know you want to reward players for one time events with goodies players will appreciate but can you cut us a little slack for the people who aren’t in your ‘mean’ population. Pun intended.

I would have really loved to just ‘participate’ in the event

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

Anet will not run the event again, its a case of them saying “sorry you couldnt make the event please look out for another in the future blah blah blah” Anet has very predictable response to everything these days. Not the team we used to know.

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

@ Zoid What does that do other than delay the rng?

The entire $250 argument would only be convincing if you could swap your gems for real $. Which would be absolutely ludicrous and hilarious.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BiJay.9830

BiJay.9830

Well, people already got precursors before the event if they were lucky, so what’s exactly the point?

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

^ What does that do other than delay the rng?

The entire $250 argument would only be convincing if you could swap your gems for real $. Which would be absolutely ludicrous and hilarious.

You can make the $250 argument, because you can assign a real world money value to this possible drop from the Lost Shores event chest. No, you cant sell it, but you can sell it and get $250 of in game currency.

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

Well, people already got precursors before the event if they were lucky, so what’s exactly the point?

The point is that people can go out and farm dungeons, chests, and all other in game places that precursors drop any time they want. This event was a 1 time thing. A fair chance was not given to every customer of the game. No, you cant make everyone happy, but there are alot of other ways you can run an event so that maximum participation can be achieved.

in The Lost Shores

Thaiden.3487

We wanted to be a part of the content for whatever reason and couldn’t during ‘X to X’ time and are now many of us feel handicapped because of the miss out on rewards.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

@ Zoid What does that do other than delay the rng?

Because then everyone can get a named weapon. Read my post again. RNG among named weapons only. Then you are 100% to get a named exotic.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Morrar.1764

Morrar.1764

Hmm this post sort of addresses two issues:

a) the relatively insane value of some items, mainly precursors
b) the way one-time events award loot

ANet has already commented on point a) that they are carefully monitoring the developments with regards to precursors. Anet agreed they were up too high (compared to other things in game) and is addressing this by introducing alternative means to get precursors and / or by introducing new Legendaries.

Point b) ties in with point a) mainly because the rewards are now so extreme that players who miss these one-time events feel left out. However, if point a) is addressed I don’t think people would make such a fuss about one-time rewards. When the rewards would only be the 20-slot bag, I guess most players could live with the fact that some got it and others will have to pay maybe 10G for it. I therefore don’t think that people have principal issues with one-time events or the fact that they reward players for attending.

In the end, I think the real issue here is the magnitude of the rewards and the fact that precursors dominate everything else in terms of value by an extremely large margin. This will be addressed though…

Finally, as also noted above, including real world currency in this discussion isn’t really helpful as you can’t convert gold to dollars through proper means.

(edited by Morrar.1764)

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

We wanted to be a part of the content for whatever reason and couldn’t during ‘X to X’ time and are now many of us feel handicapped because of the miss out on rewards.

Bingo. Even if you don’t care about the loot, or the profit you could make off of it, people still missed out on an in game event. This seems ridiculous to me! Why would you go through all the development time, process of making this content… just to run through it once? Sure, don’t offer up the chest after each and every clear. Just once is enough. I think everyone can agree that’s fair. But at least make this available to the largest group of people possible.

in The Lost Shores

You can make the $250 argument, because you can assign a real world money value to this possible drop from the Lost Shores event chest. No, you cant sell it, but you can sell it and get $250 of in game currency.

The rng argument is there, but calling $250 instead of a precursor’s worth in ingame gold is an obvious attempt at appealing to emotion.
For the record, rng-argument doesn’t particularly convince me either. There’s people with good luck and there’s people with bad luck. Rng at Zommoros, rng at Ancient Karka chest, rng everywhere. Get over it. In any case: more precursors in the game means they get cheaper thus more accessible. Everyone wins, some just more than others.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Doesn’t really bother me if someone gets a precursor from chest and I don’t. Hell someone in my guild got both dawn AND dusk from his chest.

What bothers me is if someone gets to loot a chest that has a chance for a precursor, and I can’t also loot that chest. That’s why 1 time events are bad; it should have been an event that was open for 24 hours. Immediately after the event all the overflows were finished, but randomly about 3-4 hrs later, some overflows started having the event, which was nice since i got to re-do the event and got my chest, but it was still really gimmicky/luck based since i had to spam log-in for like an hr.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ab er rant.8327

ab er rant.8327

I think people would be less pissed if they made the precursor loot as a reward for grinding, say, fractals. It’s a real let down when people find out that there’s a small chance of getting an extremely valuable loot – BUT only if you just so happens to have the time to participate a one-time event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

I have to agree to some extent. They have to make precursors rare, that’s a given. It’s just a bit too rare and then they are suddenly out of the blue giving people a high chance on a precursor?

It’s good that they try to change it, but this is unfair to so many people. Not only those who didn’t get to participate to be honest. I myself worked really hard to get my cultural armor and now suddenly I have friends and guildies who barely played the game who made the same amount of money or even double that with one event?

They must understand this is really frustrating? And it’s not just one guy, I saw atleast 8 guys in my near vicinity (all really casual players) who got one. They actually asked : “Hey, can I sell this?”.

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

"

Hmm this post sort of addresses two issues:

a) the relatively insane value of some items, mainly precursors
b) the way one-time events award loot"

“In the end, I think the real issue here is the magnitude of the rewards and the fact that precursors dominate everything else in terms of value by an extremely large margin. This will be addressed though…”

“Finally, as also noted above, including real world currency in this discussion isn’t really helpful as you can’t convert gold to dollars through proper means.

"

I agree with you whole heartily on your post. The drops were totally out of left field and no one expected to see these in their loot. Also, the magnitude of the rewards is borderline silly when given out randomly in a 1 time event.

Now i will agree that I cant go out and sell my new “Dusk” for $250, but I will still argue that it is worth $250 of in game currency.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: udoh.5307

udoh.5307

I would have to agree, All the blogs from ANet before the game was released, always said that they would give tokens that could be exchanged for armor/weapons, I know that was from dungeons, but this was a big mistake giving some people weapons worth that much money.

in The Lost Shores

Ivonbeton.6814

I agree with you whole heartily on your post. The drops were totally out of left field and no one expected to see these in their loot. Also, the magnitude of the rewards is borderline silly when given out randomly in a 1 time event.

Now i will agree that I cant go out and sell my new “Dusk” for $250, but I will still argue that it is worth $250 of in game currency.

Well before the event, people were complaining about things not being rewarding. So giving out exotics and even the box isn’t all that bad in my opinion. It took 2hours and it was far from easy. But giving out THAT MANY precursors out of the blue while leaving so many people hanging is just silly.

The main issue is ofcourse the price of some items (precursor, one or two minipets) that are so out of touch with everything else in the game that they ruin it for everyone except for those who actually find one.

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

The rng argument is there, but calling $250 instead of a precursor’s worth in ingame gold is an obvious attempt at appealing to emotion.
For the record, rng-argument doesn’t particularly convince me either. There’s people with good luck and there’s people with bad luck. Rng at Zommoros, rng at Ancient Karka chest, rng everywhere. Get over it. In any case: more precursors in the game means they get cheaper thus more accessible. Everyone wins, some just more than others.

Believe what you want about RNG, a lot of people got extremely good items out of this event. Not everyone had the same chance to participate. I am not in the “I didn’t get the loot I wanted I jsut got crap” crowd. I am in the “I didn’t get to participate in this event at all, and when I finally got into an overflow server, it shut down on me” crowd.
I already mentioned that you cannot sell this item for $250, but it is still very much worth $250 of in game currency, and that not everyone, not even by a long shot, got a fair shake at this golden pinata.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

*Offer only valid in United States and Europe.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jaric.5679

Jaric.5679

Bingo. Even if you don’t care about the loot, or the profit you could make off of it, people still missed out on an in game event. This seems ridiculous to me! Why would you go through all the development time, process of making this content… just to run through it once? Sure, don’t offer up the chest after each and every clear. Just once is enough. I think everyone can agree that’s fair. But at least make this available to the largest group of people possible.

On that note they should have done the final event 24 hours earlier. Then no matter what time zone you were in, it would be on the weekend. While that’s not a complete solution (4am or thereabouts is just not possible for some people to be awake for) it’s better than what they did do. It was 8am on Monday for me when it started, I work for a living.

I still think the best option is to have it as a 3 hourly recurring event over a 24 hour period, just like GW1. And limit the chest to being available once per account rather than character, to prevent farming.

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

I would have to agree, All the blogs from ANet before the game was released, always said that they would give tokens that could be exchanged for armor/weapons, I know that was from dungeons, but this was a big mistake giving some people weapons worth that much money.

This was mentioned before, and I personally think it would have worked better. A token system would have been much smoother than handing out precursors worth SO much. I know I cant convince anyone with a shiny new precursor sitting in their bank this. But, there are better ways to increase the availability of these items then simply… “You get one! You get one! Everybody gets one! -Oprah”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jena.7364

Jena.7364

Firstly, if I did get the Dusk or any other Precursor from the chest, I would not sell it because it is so rare I would definitely use it for one of my characters. I plan to play all professions anyway.

Secondly, I do not sell gold nor do I buy gems to convert to gold in this game. So no matter your calculation, it means absolutely nothing. To this date there is nothing in this gem store that appeals to me that I cannot get in game. It is not even hard to farm gold in game and convert to gems if you really wanted something.

So what if you have 200gold in game? it makes no difference whatsoever. What you get in game stays in the game and will be spent in the game. It benefits you nothing IRL. Does it really mean that much to you to tell people “Wow, I have 200 gold in my Guild Wars 2 game account”

Get over it already!

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

On that note they should have done the final event 24 hours earlier. Then no matter what time zone you were in, it would be on the weekend. While that’s not a complete solution (4am or thereabouts is just not possible for some people to be awake for) it’s better than what they did do. It was 8am on Monday for me when it started, I work for a living.

I still think the best option is to have it as a 3 hourly recurring event over a 24 hour period, just like GW1. And limit the chest to being available once per account rather than character, to prevent farming.

You, me, and just about everyone else playing this game my friend. Especially your last 2 sentences. It just irks me like no other that it wasn’t handled this way. Give someone a whole DAY to get in on this event… not just a 1 time hit it and quit it.

in The Lost Shores

Ivonbeton.6814

Firstly, if I did get the Dusk or any other Precursor from the chest, I would not sell it because it is so rare I would definitely use it for one of my characters. I plan to play all professions anyway.

Secondly, I do not sell gold nor do I buy gems to convert to gold in this game. So no matter your calculation, it means absolutely nothing. To this date there is nothing in this gem store that appeals to me that I cannot get in game. It is not even hard to farm gold in game and convert to gems if you really wanted something.

So what if you have 200gold in game? it makes no difference whatsoever. What you get in game stays in the game and will be spent in the game. It benefits you nothing IRL. Does it really mean that much to you to tell people “Wow, I have 200 gold in my Guild Wars 2 game account”

Get over it already!

The price and any drop of a precursor is unfair to everyone except to those who have found one. So no wonder you aren’t complaining. You think it’s a good motivation for anyone that most items are at most worth a few gold but precursors are worth between 50 and 200g?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

Would you like some fish with that massive chip on your shoulder, Jena?

It’s just interesting numbers. I didn’t get a pre-cursor, but after the momentous slog of the event I’m happy for some people who did.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Well giving out all those precursors is potentially lost $$ for Arenanet in terms of people buying gem cards in order to trade them in for gold (to buy them the quick way) as quite a few people hit the jackpot.. Not to mention the amount of posts from really kitten’d off people that were DC’d/new build’d during the event and lost out on any kind of chance to partake in this loot lottery. Arenanet please look at the forums and listen to your players. I’m going to reiterate what most people have said. Don’t do one time events ever again unless you are 100% certain players will not encounter the lag fest, disconnect disco and bugged quests we’ve had during this one. It’s really not good and what’s worse is, is that this was done in front of lots of potentially new players. What do you think their first impressions of the game were? I cringe for Arenanet now. Many players have remained loyal after the hacking spree that took place at launch, the numerous bugged quests, the botting problem, the Halloween bugs and the time zones that some players are in that sort of rule them out to take part.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: haugi.7462

haugi.7462

The worst part was actually not that I did not get a precursor, It’s the fact that Spark (precursor for incinerator) actually has dropped almost 50% in price.
And I bought my god kitten precursor for allmost 300 g about a week ago.
Man do I feel like an idiot now !

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

Get over it already!

Dude, dude. Your the person I am talking about. Your posting to rage and show how leet you are. Let me shoot down some knowledge.
1. You wouldn’t plan on selling it. Great, i’m happy you would have just cut out a huge amount of time on getting a legendary. I really am. Those things are awesome and I hope you do get once and wreck some royal kitten with it. I’m talking about the in game value of the item.
2. Yes, my calculations mean something. They mean this item is worth $250 in in game gems. Proven through simple math and the gem store / B.L.T.C.
3. It benefits you greatly IRL! Are you kidding me! Look at all the things you can get with gems in this game! XP boosts, craft boosts, black lion keys, items. All have a direct in game effect in the game. These things are conveniences. People pay for convenience in game. You pay for convenience every time you go to the auction house instead of going out and farming it.
This post is to show how crazy it was to give these incredibly rare and valuable items out seemingly completely random for this in game event. No one saw this coming.

in The Lost Shores

This was mentioned before, and I personally think it would have worked better. A token system would have been much smoother than handing out precursors worth SO much. I know I cant convince anyone with a shiny new precursor sitting in their bank this. But, there are better ways to increase the availability of these items then simply… “You get one! You get one! Everybody gets one! -Oprah”

Nice runback to the start of this thread, and honestly I still don’t get it. What does it matter if you get the rng at karka chest or at the token reward chest? What does it matter that this token chest contains only named exotics, as Zoid explained? Rng is still there. Not to mention many named exotics aren’t even worth much. Zommoros got me a hammer with +condition damage the other day. No wonder I can only get about 1g for it. Only if you get rid of rng things could be ‘fair’. But I’m not expecting that in this game, or any other game, any time soon.
It is unfair however to get nothing if you participated 3 hours only to disconnect near the end.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

Totally +1 to OP.

Is lame some ppl drop precursor (value 200G) and all other drop exotic kitten (value 1G).

Is unfair.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: bufko.2497

bufko.2497

I dunno, I’d say an event that lets you win $250 worth of ingame stuff is a good event.

in The Lost Shores

Jena.7364

yes i understand what you are saying, but if you did not get it this time (i did not either) theres always next event and mobs in game. I know someone who got a precursor from the Broodmother in cursed shore and that does not take much people or time to kill.

Conveniences for those who need it, but not for everyone. At this moment, the legendary does no more damage than the exotic greatsword I can craft in game.

If its the skin u like, ANet should really put some nice glowing skins in the gem store, so we can have more choice. In several months, the whole game will be flooded with people holding legendary weapons. It wont be so special anymore.

**As I have just read on this forum, alot of people looted the event chest several times with different characters which is absolutely ridiculous since others could not even get on due to lag issues.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kaellok.8143

Kaellok.8143

Whine whine whine. This is the extent of your post. You didn’t get a precursor (neither did I), cry some more.

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

Nice runback to the start of this thread, and honestly I still don’t get it. What does it matter if you get the rng at karka chest or at the token reward chest? What does it matter that this token chest contains only named exotics, as Zoid explained? Rng is still there. Not to mention many named exotics aren’t even worth much. Zommoros got me a hammer with +condition damage the other day. No wonder I can only get about 1g for it. Only if you get rid of rng things could be ‘fair’. But I’m not expecting that in this game, or any other game, any time soon.
It is unfair however to get nothing if you participated 3 hours only to disconnect near the end.

The main point is everyone should be given a better executed event with the chance to take a swing at this golden pinata.
Also, when you make in game currency available for a $ amount, and you have in game items that can be assigned an in game currency amount, you cannot simply give out that item recklessly as we saw with this event. Yes, there was a chance (RNG) to get an extremely valuable item worth $250 in game currency. In game currency, i agree with you. This chance was not given to everyone. Even if you get complete crap, and a 20 slot bag, you still got a chance.
Also, just like you said, getting rid of the RNG would be fair. Thus i agreed with the token system. Its a cool system. You get something that will always be good for you. Maybe not better, but still in one way or another, usable by you. Not everyone will agree, because some people still like that chance, that gamble at in game phat stank tubular lootz.
And kitten those disconnects where people made an honest effort to complete the event. I hope they get something more than a trinket. They deserve the same chance everyone else got.

in The Lost Shores

Jena.7364

I dunno, I’d say an event that lets you win $250 worth of ingame stuff is a good event.

Yes it is, but the problem is not EVERYONE got something even close to that value. You either got $250 or $2.

in The Lost Shores

Thaiden.3487

Whine whine whine. This is the extent of your post. You didn’t get a precursor (neither did I), cry some more.

Well I think I have to point out what a well thought out rebuttal this is.

/sarcasm off

Yes it is, but the problem is not EVERYONE got something even close to that value. You either got $250 or $2.

I am okay with this as the chances of getting loot for some and not for others is already in the game everywhere, so I do not believe this should be an issue, however, I do believe you are right in the fact that they could have ‘tweaked’ the chances for different rewards slightly.

I don’t even want to touch the pre-cursor as a reward issue with a 10-foot pole as I haven’t really made much of an attempt at them yet (therefore I am not qualified to complain :P )

(edited by Thaiden.3487)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

The point is that people can go out and farm dungeons, chests, and all other in game places that precursors drop any time they want. This event was a 1 time thing. A fair chance was not given to every customer of the game. No, you cant make everyone happy, but there are alot of other ways you can run an event so that maximum participation can be achieved.

You fail to realise the % change between the chest dropping a precursor and going out and farming

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Agenteusa.6380

Agenteusa.6380

@OP

And what do you want ANet to do? Send everyone a personal email every 5 minutes to make sure you don’t have to go to the doctor and can’t make the event?

Seriously dude, I don’t mean to be rude but you should at least try to follow some common sense. People know when the event is going to be for weeks prior. It’s you that has to adjust to the their schedule not ANet to every single one of our schedules.

I agree though they should have a way of identifying who participated in the last phase and didn’t get the chest due to server problems.

But for people that couldn’t attend due to RL issues I’m sorry it’s just nonsense.

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

yes i understand what you are saying, but if you did not get it this time (i did not either) theres always next event and mobs in game. I know someone who got a precursor from the Broodmother in cursed shore and that does not take much people or time to kill.

Conveniences for those who need it, but not for everyone. At this moment, the legendary does no more damage than the exotic greatsword I can craft in game.

If its the skin u like, ANet should really put some nice glowing skins in the gem store, so we can have more choice. In several months, the whole game will be flooded with people holding legendary weapons. It wont be so special anymore.

**As I have just read on this forum, alot of people looted the event chest several times with different characters which is absolutely ridiculous since others could not even get on due to lag issues.

I thank you for coming back with a less hostile post I take back every bad thing I ever said about you

- Not everyone had the chance to run this event. Yes, they can go and kill hundreds of Brood Mothers, go farm game content endlessly. But, this event was a one time thing, with a good chance at a big payout. It should of been handled better. That’s my main gripe, along with the seemingly carelessness of the handling of loot in regards to in game value and currencies / worth.

- My point with conveniences is that these super high value items worth a lot came out of no where. No one expected so many to drop. This is in part due to the large number of people who participated in a much friendly and zerglier version of a high end game dungeon or loot run. A lot of people got them, RNG or not. And, in relation to in game currencies, these items are worth a lot of gems. And gems = convenience. Also, I know a lot dropped because I am looking at the Black Lion Trading Company and across the board, exotics are dropping in gold value. People are listing them and undercutting by dozens of gold instead of just coppers and silvers. Sane people who grinded and saved and worked for exotics don’t do that. People who just robbed the Arena Net store in the mall do this.

- I have no doubt that eventually lots and lots of people will have legendaries. And eventually they wont be so special, but the standard. This event will only speed that process along.

- And also, I completely despise the people who saw this opportunity to take advantage of the system and run the event multiple times. Can I blame them? Not really. They saw an opportunity and went for it. Could the overflow servers kept running longer if people weren’t abusing the system and running it multiple times, and instead only the people who hadn’t had the chance to run the event do it? Well, that’s a whole nother issue entirely.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lelith.2916

Lelith.2916

Because then everyone can get a named weapon. Read my post again. RNG among named weapons only. Then you are 100% to get a named exotic.

How is that any fairer? I did the event and looted the chest, I got nothing special at all, in fact only 2 people in my entire guild got a named weapon of any sort.

Guild Leader of Eternal Invictus [INVI].

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

Oh, I didn’t see your little post. Let me address it. I didn’t get to run the in game event due to technical difficulties which were not in anyway my fault. I didn’t get a shot at any precursors. And neither did a lot of other people. A LOT friend. This post is for the hard working dads who play this game to relax and not to grind out gold piece after gold piece. For the Mums who wanted to relax in their favorite game world and beat some crab kitten I believe they all deserve an equal chance at this content. And, that in game items worth Much Much more than what an average player makes in a month should not be handled with such whimsy.

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

You fail to realise the % change between the chest dropping a precursor and going out and farming

Enlighten me with facts and sources if you please. I’ll be up for another hour or so until I go defend the South Korean border some more.
My point is that this event was not available to all. It was open to a much larger bracket of casual players and veterans alike, but due to poor planning and in game technical difficulties, they did not get that chance.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Agenteusa.6380

Agenteusa.6380

And, that in game items worth Much Much more than what an average player makes in a month should not be handled with such whimsy.

And they are not, I had to work for them. Halfway through the event lots and lots of people were inactive which impossibilitated me in the end of redoing it with another lvl 80 char. And guess what they got the rewards at the end.

And besides technical difficulties like some are blaming are as much on your side as on ANet side. Sometimes I crash sometimes I don´t. They should be able to identify who contributed and who didn’t and reward those that did and couldn’t get the chest due to a DC.

And it’s not like named and precursors were “handed out” to people. They were on an RNG loot table like everything else in this game. Just an higher chance loot table. It’s not like everyone got precursors. Hey I got one and was a cheap one anyway and I’m not going to go berserk over people that got 2 precursors.

but due to poor planning

The only poor plannign was the fact they didn’t instance the event. They said it was going to be UNIQUE and they said it 3 weeks in advance if not more. And since these are one location servers they did it during the day that most people are at home. That was good planning to me. Yes it sucks they can’t do it in different timezones but well that’s a technical limitation they have.

(edited by Agenteusa.6380)

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

@OP

And what do you want ANet to do? Send everyone a personal email every 5 minutes to make sure you don’t have to go to the doctor and can’t make the event?

Seriously dude, I don’t mean to be rude but you should at least try to follow some common sense. People know when the event is going to be for weeks prior. It’s you that has to adjust to the their schedule not ANet to every single one of our schedules.

I agree though they should have a way of identifying who participated in the last phase and didn’t get the chest due to server problems.

But for people that couldn’t attend due to RL issues I’m sorry it’s just nonsense.

I would propose that “ANet” make this event available for a much longer period of time, and allow everyone 1 shot at the chest. Even stretching it to 24 hours would of allowed a MUCH larger percentage of people to enjoy this content, and yes, have a chance at a fat payout or a few weeks / months shaved off of grinding for an exotic for their legendary. This is done as standard in other MMO’s.
You say RL issues? Its called having a life. I’m not saying this to disrespect you by any means. You could be awesome sauce with everything squared away. But man, just having to go to dinner with your family… having a fussy baby that doesn’t want to go to sleep, but hang out for a few more hours… doing your homework… these are not RL issues, its just Real Life.

And hell yes dude, everyone who did participate and didn’t get a chest should be compensated (that’s the word i wanted earlier! crud) because they did put in the effort. I just hope its something worthwhile, and not just a "sorry bro.. here is some black lion mining picks.. meh).

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

And, that in game items worth Much Much more than what an average player makes in a month should not be handled with such whimsy.

And they are not, I had to work for them. Halfway through the event lots and lots of people were inactive which impossibilitated me in the end of redoing it with another lvl 80 char. And guess what they got the rewards at the end.

Stormy – They were handled with whimsy, and i like that word, so i used it instead of like a worthless piece of ingame pixels. You dont just give out named exotics for an in game event. Its crazy. People made it hard for you, and that sucks that people would be that crappy towards other players. But, the loot chances were still higher across the board, and available to many many more people than usual. The event was bugged, handled poorly, and was mind numbingly frustrating to get through, but it was publicized, and advertised. It was just available for to short a time.******

“And it’s not like named and precursors were “handed out” to people. They were on an RNG loot table like everything else in this game. Just an higher chance loot table. It’s not like everyone got precursors. Hey I got one and was a cheap one anyway and I’m not going to go berserk over people that got 2 precursors."

Stormy – Its right there man, “just a higher chance loot table”. I don’t have the facts, i don’t have the tables, but what i do have is the in game value of named exotics dropping, dropping, dropping, across the board. And, the fact that this event was open to a bigger spectrum of casual players who don’t normally participate in high end game content, where precursors of such value lurk, which means way more people got them in a very short amount of time.******

but due to poor planning

The only poor plannign was the fact they didn’t instance the event. They said it was going to be UNIQUE and they said it 3 weeks in advance if not more. And since these are one location servers they did it during the day that most people are at home. That was good planning to me. Yes it sucks they can’t do it in different timezones but well that’s a technical limitation they have.

Stormy – One time events in general are a bad idea. It’s insane when you think about it. Why create that content and just have it around… 1 time? It was a good event, and it can be made a lot better. But at least make it last longer, and if your worried about exploiting chests and running them again and again, limit the times you can open the chest. Your not going to make everyone happy. But kitten you gonna make a whole lot more happy then what you have now.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: rodpulsar.1948

rodpulsar.1948

Stormy : I can’t agree more with you, and that for all debated points. Nothing to add, just wanted you to know. And thanks for that easy reading post, calm, and with useful precision when you answer ppl arguments. (I am french so I need constructed posts to fully understand) – Rod

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

The price and any drop of a precursor is unfair to everyone except to those who have found one. So no wonder you aren’t complaining. You think it’s a good motivation for anyone that most items are at most worth a few gold but precursors are worth between 50 and 200g?

Well – I did not get any precursors (but acceptable loot – especially a +10% to all stats rune in an armor piece) but I still think it is ok. Many people from my guild got much worse than I did – and of the 60 or so people who participated in “my” event maybe 2 or 3 got a precursor – after a 3h long battle.

You can get one by just shooting a few arrows at Jormag’s Claw which takes you like 5 minutes or by dropping 4 yellows into the mystic forge and be lucky which takes less than a minute.

So you could not participate – well – the Claw runs every 3 hours or so and the mystic forge is always open …

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

in The Lost Shores

Stormy.3519

Stormy : I can’t agree more with you, and that for all debated points. Nothing to add, just wanted you to know. And thanks for that easy reading post, calm, and with useful precision when you answer ppl arguments. (I am french so I need constructed posts to fully understand) – Rod

Merci Rod! Viva la révolution Guild Wars 2!