Experienced the event as intended

Experienced the event as intended

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

Dear Anet,

I’d like to share my experience of the 3 events this past weekend. I’ll make it short. Event 1 and 2 were not so good. Event 1 had issues with backend server lag, event 2 had issues with the Karka that kept resetting. So Sunday I was playing the new Fractals which is fun and I got the email for event 3. Seeing my experience with event 1 and 2, I didn’t bother going to event 3. It was only after I got back to Lion’s Arch that I heard people were getting fantastic drops and yet they also had a terrible experience due to invisible mobs/lags and all the trouble that comes with overloaded servers. I felt kinda bummed out that I missed such an opportunity, I was only thinking about the loot.

Luck would have it that through the forums some overflow instances were found where the event was still up, this was at 7 PST. We started out small, only 10 of use, rezing the demo squad, as we started running through the event more people joined us and it was fantastic to see our numbers slowly build up, all the while turning up the heat on the Karka. Great cooperation between player, you could always count on a friendly rez. Every rez counted because we didn’t have the numbers and everybody knew this. But slowly our numbers grew. We even had two commanders on which kinda added to the RPG Epicness. We were almost going to wipe on the second set of reinforcement, too many loses, until a group of industrious players cleared a waypoint and we came back full force. A very exhilarating moment. Near the end were starting to get culling issues, but that was on the final push to bomb the Ancient Karka. The ending cinematic came and we had won the day.

In the end I didn’t get a precursor as loot, I did get the 20 slot bag and earring, it was a great end to the event. What I can say is that the event itself was great when done with the appropriate amount of people and server resources available. It was actually nothing short of amazing, staring with a very small group and ending with a full horde. I wasn’t easy but we made it, it took us 2 hours. I went to be bed very stratified.

To the dev, you did a good job, I really saw what you tried to create. A+. I’m sure the event was like this when you play tested it. No lag, no invisible mobs, Epic. But you really need to work out load vs performance better. You are clearly capable of making epic events but the sheer amount of people doing them seem to kill the experience every time. Having experienced this event off peak was what made it Epic, had I been there at 12pm I would probably have hated it.

I know it must be hard, having to put in all that time and effort, only to receive negative feedback duo to hardware resource problems. Take what you can from this event, learn and get better.

(edited by Tower Guard.5263)