Fractals [Merged]

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TonySu.7942

TonySu.7942

Please remove the Swamp. Or make it less annoying.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

Not sure why all the swamp hate. I don’t particularly enjoy that fractal, but its not that bad. Split 3 people to grab the wisps, make sure they all grab it at exactly the same time. Leave two people back to trigger the tripwires near the place the wisps go, and just pay attention to the ground to look for traps on the way there. Simple, think my fastest finish time was about 2 minutes, not counting the boss.

If you have a mes, have him set up a portal, even easier.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Solidius.5146

Solidius.5146

Thumbs up from me. We had an epic time last night wondering which instance we will get next.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tyrilha.3087

Tyrilha.3087

Wow !
As much as I’m annoyed by the new tier, when I think about Fractal of the Mists I want to say:

° ° ° Thank very much you Arena Net ! ° ° °

and congratulation to the “twisted minds” that designed the fractals ;p

We had not too much problem with the swamp.
We were 2 guardians, 1 thief, 1 ranger and a mesmer (me)
I put portal to help the team member that was the further away from the poles while the others members used speed boost. We also assigned pole to wisp bearer so no confusion about which one to go for .
Et voilà, we made it just in time but we made it

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BakedGoodz.4082

BakedGoodz.4082

Definitely a unique experience, enjoyed it so much. I’ve never been a fan of dungeons but now this is one of my favorite play type.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vilaptca.6037

Vilaptca.6037

It’s been awesome. Most fun I’ve had in a while.

And while it can be challenging, it hasn’t been stupidly obnoxious like most of the other dungeons where you can quickly be one shotted without any chance to react.

I’ve only done level 1 a few times, and I can see how the higher levels will need a coordinated group. Just pugging level 1 can be hard to get everyone to listen.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

Fractals is a triumph. Genuinely impressed; wonderful artwork and vision, some really interesting encounters and a brilliant sense of exploration (loved the flourishes, like the electric death stairs… simple ideas that just add to a varied and delightful experience).

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: zamrai.3784

zamrai.3784

I like fractals very much so far. They require good teamwork and executing certain strategies instead of afk dps. Fun!

This night only 4 of us (one got d/ced early) made our way through all lvl 1 fractals , including Swamp and Dredge so its not even too hard like some say.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Violet.7935

Violet.7935

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP. The fractals are amazing! The visuals are beautiful and the encounters are very fun. I loved the fractal with the Sons of Svanir! I loved how it was so dark at times and the snowstorm was epic! Keep up the good work, ArenaNet!

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Candide.3902

Candide.3902

We tried two fractals today, one were you have to put something into something in a march (I never got the point) with a 30 second time which we always made 4 seconds short and which always reset to 0/3,, we gave that one up after an hour.

The other one was Great Giana Sisters, with no waypoint to ressurect when you die, so I had to alt+f4 to get out of the game.

Is this a joke???

Edit: calmed down. Still think no way to res is a bad decision by the designers though,

(edited by Candide.3902)

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

No. It’s a hard dungeon. You can’t Rez until the whole party is down. And they’re supposed to require teamwork and strategization

80 ele
Yaks Bend

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

no, your a joke.

Just because you and your team dont understand what to do doesnt mean anything. Its a new dungeon and new content and no one have done it before. its obvious that you have to figure out what to do.

for the march you have such problems with the point is to put the far away wasps into the three trees. However, if you dont coordinate they will reset as all have the same timer from when the first is picked up. the roads my block but you can easily jump over it. Let me point out that its possible to do from any distance. you just need to know where to jump over the blocked paths and avoid traps. the 2 is dont carry wasps need to help the other 3.

the fractal dungeon have no waypoint because the only way to resurrect is to have someone heal you on your team or the whole team dies. When the whole team dies you go back to checkpoint just like in any personal story.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Candide.3902

Oh c’mon leaving me lying there for minutes with nothing to do but read a book is not hrad, it’s stupid. let me walk the way back for god’s sake but not do nothing at all, am I supposed to watch TV until the whole party is dead or what?

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Dra Keln.2015

Why didn’t they Rez you?

80 ele
Yaks Bend

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Argadem.6135

Argadem.6135

Candide,the release and run back strategy is stupid,and that is how they deal with it…it should be like this so you can’t run back to a boss fight…the new dungeon is easy,if are really so (sorry to say) bad then you have alot to learn

Argadem
Guardian – Gunnar’s Hold [IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Oh c’mon leaving me lying there for minutes with nothing to do but read a book is not hrad, it’s stupid. let me walk the way back for god’s sake but not do nothing at all, am I supposed to watch TV until the whole party is dead or what?

I believe you should be watchign your party fighting and figuring out what your next move is and how to make it easier to succeed with ur team simply by observing the fight till someone revives you instead.

I really enjoy this dungoen. But my problem with it is the Ascendend Gear it was released with. Anyways, Good luck.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Dra Keln.2015

C’mon candide, this is the best of all possible dungeons. Had you not had such difficulty you would not have been compelled to make this post, and you would not have gotten all these helpful tips!

80 ele
Yaks Bend

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

The fractals are awesome, I’m really excited at the idea that you could drop new fractals into it. I really hope we see more GW1 themed ones like that Charr invasion.

I also have to say – the Raving Asura is the best boss ever! It’s hilarious, my group were laughing at it so much on mumble. Also the Champion Rabbit – brilliant.

I like the way we get beamed down to the fractals as well, Star Trek jokes ensued :P

In short, I love this PVE mode. It’s so much better than the previous dungeons. Please, please continue expanding the fractals! They have a much more raid-like feel and I was very pleased to see the bosses have more mechanics than the tank & spank of most of the old dungeons.

Great work!

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

This is a great change, no more ridiculous graveyard zerging.

As someone above said, if you’re dead you should be watching the fight and studying it – not watching TV.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: tasaunders.3746

tasaunders.3746

I think it largely depends on which fractal you get. They aren’t all easy I don’t care what anybody says. They’re challenging and they should be. My group wiped a good bit and it’s because there wasn’t coordination. I suggest going with friends you’ve played with before and be prepared to die a few times.

I’m indifferent to the stay dead business; I’d personally prefer just a very long respawn timer, but I understand why the implemented the no rez mechanic.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mira.4071

Mira.4071

I’ve had a chance to do several fractals, mostly on scale 1 but a handful on scale 2. I have to say I am very impressed with the design direction, the overall quality of these dungeons, and the challenge level. I love them.

If I had to voice one complaint about them it’s that they are so well-designed that they make the old dungeons look bad in comparison. (Is that really a complaint?)

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Candide.3902

This event just isnt for me – again, dead underwater with no one rezzing me. Sorry, nice game but trhis sucks,

Thanks all for your kind words though.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Duplicated.4715

Duplicated.4715

no, your a joke.

Just because you and your team dont understand what to do doesnt mean anything. Its a new dungeon and new content and no one have done it before. its obvious that you have to figure out what to do.

for the march you have such problems with the point is to put the far away wasps into the three trees. However, if you dont coordinate they will reset as all have the same timer from when the first is picked up. the roads my block but you can easily jump over it. Let me point out that its possible to do from any distance. you just need to know where to jump over the blocked paths and avoid traps. the 2 is dont carry wasps need to help the other 3.

the fractal dungeon have no waypoint because the only way to resurrect is to have someone heal you on your team or the whole team dies. When the whole team dies you go back to checkpoint just like in any personal story.

How about you tell me why the timer resets halfway through then? As in, my team was carrying it to tree stump. We have like 16 seconds left on the timer, I almost made it to the tree stump when all of a sudden the timer is gone, wisps are gone, and we have to redo the whole thing again.

My group gave up after four tries with the same kitten happened over and over again, not to mention a guy’s game client crashed and he couldn’t get back into our instance, after we have completed two fractals.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

We left a teammate dead for several minutes because we weren’t sure what “a checkpoint” is (there is no clear indication you got to a checkpoint). We got to a point that we actually all died .. and it seemed that the place we died at was a checkpoint
After that we realized that:
1) At every difficult spot there is a checkpoint
2) Whenever someone dies, they mostly respawn somewhere, where it’s possible to revive

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ar Farazon.9071

Ar Farazon.9071

I agree as well, still under the impression of this dungeon. Great work! =)

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Luisedgm.2375

Luisedgm.2375

Protip: DONT DIE

Im glad fractals are not the graveyard zerg all other dungeons are, this is how a dungeon is supposed to be, fractals are perfect and should not get changed.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nevermore.5487

Nevermore.5487

I simply LOVE no res dungeon. Every dungeon should be like this so people actually pay attention to what they’re doing. Waypoints in dungeons are stupid

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lazuris.7081

Lazuris.7081

Gw1 dungeon/gameplay was just like this minus the checkpoint, you had to work together to finish them and it was a fun part of the game. As tasaunders said They’re challenging and they should be, people complained that the “end game” was/is boring and there’s nothing to do well here there is, it evolves and challenges you and i hope anet will make more of these dungeons later on.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: AzoraX.8015

AzoraX.8015

I love the dungeon, if only I was able to get back into it with my party after being DC’ed.

is it really so hard to make it so that the dungeon is locked for those 5 players only and that no one can enter externally AND that the player can enter back in if DC’ed. Is it really that hard :/. It avoids people kicking and replacing people because the 5 players are locked. and just everyone exiting the dungeon will restart it :/.

Because I have tried for over 12 hours on fotm and every single time I have DC’ed. I haven’t even been able to get past lvl 1 and i’ve done so many fractrals…

#end rant

love the dungeon xD

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Candide.3902

Gw1 dungeon/gameplay was just like this minus the checkpoint, you had to work together to finish them and it was a fun part of the game. As tasaunders said They’re challenging and they should be, people complained that the “end game” was/is boring and there’s nothing to do well here there is, it evolves and challenges you and i hope anet will make more of these dungeons later on.

Start rant:

There’s a difference between challenge and frustration. This event is GW2’s Ilum so far for me.

I want Bard’s Tale back, or Ultima. Or JA2, or Baldurs Gate. Games that were challenging but had an inheret logic, not games that create artifical challenge by arbitrary removing core mechanics (I might wanna add I tried the fractals with a mesmer – RIP) or adding invisible onehit-killers with a billion hitpoints. Games that had a logic to their story, and were not just “insert three X into Y at precisely the same moment for no apparent reason”.

Wow destroyed computer games for me, really. Every game thereafter was full of the aboved mentioned dung.

End rant.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ryltair.2857

Ryltair.2857

Despite the topic’s title, there seems to be no shortage of words for the fractals.

They’re absolutely amazing! My favourite one is the Colossus. The lore-infused member of the team went nuts over it. “What is it? I don’t know it. I have to look it up!”
Setting the big kitten free felt very satisfying. Almost like a message to Kratos: Hey, you don’t always have to kill them!

I don’t much care for the rewards involved personally as no way in hell am I going to grind THAT many tokens for the good stuff.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nakara.7108

Nakara.7108

Yeah sure. The other dungeons were already hard as hell and now we have the Fractals forcefeed for monthly. Fractals is insanely hard and not fun. It has all what makes me hate Raids in other games. ANet said they didn’t want this kitten – Why do the implement it now?

RoF – Aria Company Europe [ARIA]

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Candide.3902

Yeah sure. The other dungeons were already hard as hell and now we have the Fractals forcefeed for monthly. Fractals is insanely hard and not fun. It has all what makes me hate Raids in other games. ANet said they didn’t want this kitten – Why do the implement it now?

The monthly is impossible for me anyway. Cant kill kitten in WvW with a mesmer now, and I just dont have the time to do 7 fractals PLUS 5 dungeons (fractals dont count as dungeons) with no LFG tool.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Saffron.2190

Saffron.2190

I came here to post something very similar to this. Glad people feel the same. I can’t believe how much better it is than I was expecting. There’s so much they can do with this dungeon!

So impressed.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Nakara.7108

Imo the Fractals are totally unfun. Most Dungeons already are no fun, but now we have a Dungeon that is just *!§§/% frustrating – great work. Just the Raid-junk we have been waiting for 8(

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LShiran.5960

LShiran.5960

Has this happned to anybody? I twice went into the dungen, twice started in the Uncategorized Fractal, and each time I tried to advance by jumping on the platforms, my game crashed.

Please fix! really want to try this dungen out!

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kolodej.4071

Kolodej.4071

This is MMO, so grab your guild party and use some comm soft, strategy and brain. Anet said, dungeons will be hardest part of pve. For me fractals are nice challenge and I enjoy to break it. … and yes, this with PUG must be like hell.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

lol All the Fractals have the same reason, figure out what the heck to do to get out. (Yes, that is lame.) And I can’t believe how spoiled people got from waypoints in dungeons. There’s so much out there in the game to make things easier, and if you happen to mess up and die, there’s just as much to help others to res you.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Saffron.2190

Saffron.2190

Couldn’t stop myself of coming here to post a big THANK YOU to ANet!
Just finished my first 3 fractals and they are AMAZING! Honestly… I am over the top! Me and the guildies were completely taken by surprise! The dungeons, the scenarios, the amazing mechanics in all the fractals! Uau… Really, where did you guys pull this of?

Congrats… I knew you would make me happy! I could never predict you would make me feel like a little kid opening a big present!!! I mean… during the last boss fight, the scenario, the music… I got goosebumps!!!!

IT IS THAT GOOD… THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your post made me smile out loud. I feel the same

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Finjala.3401

Finjala.3401

I am no fan of the GW2 dungeons so far. But the fractals are great!!! The swamp could be a little better but the rest was so much fun! You do need quick thinking and good coordination and constantly watch your groupmates in case they get downed. Love them so far. Also they are visually beautifull again as most of the GW2 environment. Well done!

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Nakara.7108

This is a MMO that was announced as not having the need for comm-tools and other raid-kitten. Now we get it forcefeed – Really great and fun…

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Finjala.3401

Finjala.3401

This is a MMO that was announced as not having the need for comm-tools and other raid-kitten. Now we get it forcefeed – Really great and fun…

That’s weird… I did it last night without any comm-tool. Even the swamp part which needs a lot of coordination……

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Majik.6782

Majik.6782

I think the problem is people are so babied when it comes to challenging content (in MMOs) that after only a few tries, they decide its not worth it and quit. Have a little perseverance and think about the situation. Figure it out. You’re not gonna magically beat it by just zerging every time. People in MMOs just want to be handed stuff for doing nothing now a days and that makes me sick. I love this dungeon and I hope it doesn’t get changed to appease the few who hate it.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

Go play CoD campaign or something, because i feel everything else will be.. to challenging for you.

A team needs coordination to beat difficult team content? Holy crap, thats new!

This generation of gamers truly is to dumb to click more than one button to solve a “riddle”.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Nakara.7108

“This generation of gamer” is probably 20 years older then you. Not everyone likes ultrahard challenges – Is that so hard to get?

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Scone Expenditures.1097

Scone Expenditures.1097

Dungeons are epic 10/10
Event is buggy and completely screwed 0/10

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Shilian.5873

Shilian.5873

Best pve experience so far.
AMAZING design atmosphere and mechanics.
Genuinely awesome.

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kolodej.4071

Kolodej.4071

Please define what do you mean “ultrahard”? Encounters have small hp, reasonable dmg. Bossfights and and progress between bosses needs thinking, not zerging . And swamp area needs coordination… nothing like instakills and running from wp thru entire dung (this is annoying).
PS. Great work Anet.

(edited by Kolodej.4071)

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zomgorg.9745

Zomgorg.9745

Got disconnected from game during 3rd fractal. How do I rejoin my party inside?

Fractals [Merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

Fractals are awesome. None of those ultra-high HP trash mobs from regular dungeons. The art direction and mechanics behind each fractal are great fun. I loved the ones with limited visibility.

We did Underwater/jellyfish, Colossusx2, Snow storm, Charr Pre-Searing and Dredge. We cursed a few times on Dredge and the gates of Pre-Searing then got our act together and had a blast. Infinitely superior to the original launch dungeons.

Fave so far, Colossus. Well done ANEt.