Get Rid of the Swamp Fractual.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LezardValeth.9453

LezardValeth.9453

I dont know which one of you thought up of that fractual, but I beg to question your sanity. This swamp fractual is the most absolute worst thing i’ve ever seen.

The paths are inconsistent

The traps bug so that you get hit by the same trap TWICE.

Too little of a time limit over and ever changing path.

This fractual should not even exist. Every other fractual i’ve played had its share of problems, but were still fun and playable. This is virtually unplayable and requires sheer luck.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Its possible, just takes time. Just think though that once you complete all you have to do is kill Mossman. Its not exactly hard, just annoying and I like the fact its included in the fractals. Less fighting, more jumping like a crazy man and avoiding mobs and traps!

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SliTaz.9568

SliTaz.9568

For some reason if you need luck or find it unplayable, you are doing something wrong, everytime i’ve done it, we used 2-3 attempts on the orbs, and moving on.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TerryLong.9561

TerryLong.9561

Took the group I did it with awhile (maybe a hour….). It did feel like luck when we finally got it. The boss was a total cake walk compared to the swamp.

A hour to do something that should take 1-min, plus 3-min boss fight.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LordNat.4963

LordNat.4963

Swamp is easy if you sit down and look at it. The traps are easy to spot on the ground and can be jumped over, there are some of the wooden walls that can be bypassed if you jump on their sides.
You also have to be willing to change your utility slots away from combat and to things that remove conditions, give you swiftness, or give stability.
Communication and planning are the key. Clear it on the first try most the time now.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Few longer stays in there and you pretty much know every route.

Imho it´s awesome, annoying but awesome.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in The Lost Shores

TerryLong.9561

Which we did. Still took way to long to finally finish it. If one out of 3 orbs get screwed, you are all screwed. Rinse and Repeat and hope for the best.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I think swamp is actually easy mode once you know how to do it. Really exploitable for fast loot.

EU Aurora Glade

in The Lost Shores

Strang.8170

Which we did. Still took way to long to finally finish it. If one out of 3 orbs get screwed, you are all screwed. Rinse and Repeat and hope for the best.

So you expected that you should be able to just blow through it?
Challenging end-game content, kitten those arena net blasphemers!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I just hate doing the swamp one In a pug, my group completely just left/broke up due to it. : /
Intresting idea, but just kina annoying.
(Also, I swear that Mossmam has grudge against me or something, I was constantly being the one targeted. xD)

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in The Lost Shores

TerryLong.9561

So you expected that you should be able to just blow through it?
Challenging end-game content, kitten those arena net blasphemers!

This was not challenging. DO no misunderstand me. I like the idea of it. But it almost seemed like we were being trolled ;p

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I totally understand! We had some guild mates doing this, and we basically just quit. Not really out of complete frustration (we had been playing for a while anyway and needed a break), but all those respawns and the trees popping up to block our path just made us tired, haha.

Try it with mumble/vent/skype. It’s much easier! I hope we can go back and try it again.

in The Lost Shores

Strang.8170

….You say it took you too long to do (hour was the amount you said earlier), and it was not challenging for you?
Well anyhow, you came out sounding rather negative.

in The Lost Shores

Isslair.4908

The feeling when you actually complete it rather pays off for frustration.

EU Aurora Glade

in The Lost Shores

TerryLong.9561

I guess my understanding of “Difficult” vs “Being Trolled” differ’s then yours. Yes, it took us a hour. But no part of it was difficult. We knew what we had to do. What we had to do was rather simple. But always something for the next hour till we got it, set us back. Like I said. We were being trolled for a hour ;p

in The Lost Shores

Isslair.4908

Well I dunno what is the problem when you actually know how to do it.
Took us three tries when we figured out the way around the spawning walls =\

EU Aurora Glade

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RedShadow.8371

RedShadow.8371

Imho it´s awesome, annoying but awesome.

This.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

I personally hate it because its not a pug friendly part. If you get it with pugs who are completely clueless your doomed. My first time i ran it the party ended up rage quiting over it, i ran with an all guild group we did it after the 1st fail. Another guild group did it after 2nd fail. :x

Also you’ll either get mossman or an Oakheart.

~Caedas~

in The Lost Shores

Strang.8170

I personally hate it because its not a pug friendly part. If you get it with pugs who are completely clueless your doomed. My first time i ran it the party ended up rage quiting over it, i ran with an all guild group we did it after the 1st fail. Another guild group did it after 2nd fail. :x

Also you’ll either get mossman or an Oakheart.

…i don´t know what kinds of pugs you happened to go with, but none that i was part (and i do exclusively pugs) had trouble doing it after little bit of communicating, even with the first group where nobody had clue of anything.

I guess my understanding of “Difficult” vs “Being Trolled” differ’s then yours. Yes, it took us a hour. But no part of it was difficult. We knew what we had to do. What we had to do was rather simple. But always something for the next hour till we got it, set us back. Like I said. We were being trolled for a hour ;p

So you knew what to do, but couldn´t do it, and it wasn´t difficult for you?
That´s like saying that it´s not challenging to balance on a rope while wrestling a grizzly bear because you now what to do, but just can´t do it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DaKenster.5801

DaKenster.5801

I’d heard of this one and was ready for a less than fun experience, especially considering one of the members of the pug wasn’t listening, particularly on the ice elemental. Nonetheless, we tried it a few times, figured out how the mechanic worked and learned the paths, and then set up an easy plan. I put a portal in the central area, had the people with orbs run to me, and I ran to the place where you place the wisps and opened up the end of the portal, and it went off without a hitch. If you have a mesmer with portal in your group, this goes much easier.

JQ- [VG]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

my first 2 times going in, i enjoyed it, until players started disconnecting randomly.

i also googled the dungeons, and came across the following link

http://www.pcgamesn.com/guildwars/guild-wars-2-fractals-mists-guide-defeating-arenanets-infinite-dungeon

it gives a quick run-down on how to navigate each area.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dutch Master.7208

Dutch Master.7208

its awful and not fun at all.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I have only seen it once, with a guild group, 4 of us on Mumble, one of us having seen it before. We fumbled a time or two, then our Mesmer got the idea to put a portal up midway back to the target spots. Three of us grabbed wisps, jogged to the portal, zap, we were at the target, victory!

Ok, so the first time the destination portal was right by the targets so hitting F ported me back instead … but then it worked.

It still felt easier than some of the wacky jumping ones or freeing the colossus. Fractals have only been here for 2 days, and will be here for the long term, so expecting perfect playing of them at this point is a bit silly. A touch of patience. That’s all you really need to avoid stress and ulcers over things that just won’t matter to you in a while.