How will the new map effect 100% world completion?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

For all those who dont know the map is here to stay.

So there will most likely be vistas, poi’s and heart quests on the map you will have the chance to experience.

How will it effect those who already have 100% explored? Its obvious that everything on the map will be added to total completion to those who dont have 100%, but what about the rest of us?

Seeking opinions as well as an official answer. Thanks!

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Apparently the Arah level 80 zones don’t have heart points, so since this zone is a new level 80 zone (after the weekend anyway) it probably won’t have new hearts. But PoI’s and Vistas surely it will (hopefully).

My guess is that it tacks on to Map Completion and that anyone who previously had 100% will suddenly find themselves without. It wouldn’t make sense for them to retain 100% and considering that map exploration and completion is such a big part of the game (for some people anyway) it would be weird if this didn’t count.

So yeah, my opinion – it will count and those with 100% will suddenly find themselves with 98% or something.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i want to say for 100% map completion, this will only be based on the areas that were present during release.

there might be extra explorer titles or a separate progression counter for the new areas.
i just don’t think it’s fair to keep adding to the existing. but that’s just me. imagine being 1% away, and for whatever reason, you couldn’t achieve it yet and then bam update, you’re not 5% away again. or imagine the front page where your badge keeps disappearing with every updatE? just thinking out loud now..

hopefully we’ll get an official response as well. : ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

For the sake of simplicity, they should just make it so I does not count towards map completion at all. Just my opinion though.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ighten Hill.5038

Ighten Hill.5038

Should just be a new achievement .. shouldnt really effect the rest.. But who knows

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I got Ascalon completion before exploring all of Ascalon, after they added a few extra areas to some of the maps of the region.

I’m assuming it’ll be the same. If you have 100%, you won’t lose it. If you don’t, you will now have a ‘leeway’, so you won’t need to explore everything for 100%.

The other possibility is another extra reward for 100% every time a new map gets added, and those who already have 100% get it after they explore the new areas.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

probably go down to 98% or something but it wont take too long to get it back up to 100, imo those with 100 will keep the title and the gold star but this area wil lstil lcount towards 100% for players who dont have it, ppl who already have those gifts of exploration probably wont get it again

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’d assume you’d keep your title since you earned it before the update, but you’ll have to get those new points to get true 100% shown on the character select screen. It’s not much more to get, not like a Cantha expansion.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

everyones legendarys dissapear as the gifts of exploration inside them dissapear. Serious though id pretty suprised if this new stuff had anything to do with world completion.

Dungeons dont count and they have wp’s and poi’s in them

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hel.6340

Hel.6340

I got Ascalon completion before exploring all of Ascalon, after they added a few extra areas to some of the maps of the region.

I’m assuming it’ll be the same. If you have 100%, you won’t lose it. If you don’t, you will now have a ‘leeway’, so you won’t need to explore everything for 100%.

The other possibility is another extra reward for 100% every time a new map gets added, and those who already have 100% get it after they explore the new areas.

I really hope this is not how it works, because if ANet keep adding new zones, eventually you’ll only need to explore say 20% of the world, for 100% completion.

I know that’s a long way off, but that would be a bit naff.

If they take away 100% for those that already have it, it gives more incentive for people to stay up to date with the game.

Heley – Guardian
[dl*] Digital Legion – Gandara – www.digital-legion.com

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

I would guess that they would make it a separate achievement.

It wouldn’t make sense to allow someone to complete the 100% world achievement before and get the reward, then add new points, and they get the reward again.

When someone who hasn’t completed it yet would only get the reward once.

By making it a separate achievement, it would come with it’s own separate reward, allowing for everyone, past and future completers, to get the same amount of rewards.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

Pretty sure this was answered some time ago (not long after release). Answer was that patches/expansions would have no effect on current world completion.

I assume this hasn’t changed.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: gogoapoxy.1425

gogoapoxy.1425

Dungeon poi and spvp poi and hearts have no effect, i’d assume mini updates also wont count. Expansions should have their own (only two legendary weapons per character is kind of lame, and i dont even have one yet)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Skamlic.8041

Skamlic.8041

I think that people who already got their world completion will still have star after this patch (but their overall map completion will jump to 98% or so). Only people who didn’t yet get world completion will have to complete new map to get star.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

I imagine “hitting 100%” and “getting your star/gifts” are two entirely separate events, so world completion dropping down by 1-2% affects nothing more than the number on your map screen.

This is an odd situation, there’s not enough here to warrant a new achievement like a full expansion would, but it’s definitely a new part of the world.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BiJay.9830

BiJay.9830

I hope you will have to get 100% again for the star and the title but you will keep the items as they can be consumed and won’t get those items again if you already got them once. This encourages players who already had 100% to explore the new zone.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

I’m guessing it’ll be a new achievement.
Maybe you get a star for launched maps completion but a colourful star for both launched + update maps completion?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

I hadn’t thought about this… but this would suck if map completion was suddenly lowered… I am literally one POI and one Vista away from map completion, both in the eternal battlegrounds. I have been patiently waiting for the rotation to swing back so I can grab them when they are under my servers control. It would just really suck being so close, considering that WvW resets this weekend and my server will be on the third of the map where my exploration is needed, and have the achievement suddenly ripped out from under me.

It’s just good I am a long way from my legendary or I would be really, really, nervous right now.

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SparkNorkx.1873

SparkNorkx.1873

It might probably be Lost Shores Explorer or something.

The 100% map completion achievement/reward shouldn’t be taken away. There was a similar situation back in GW1 when you completed for the map exploration title for Tyria and an expansion (Eye of the North) came out. It basically stayed the same but as for the new update coming, I actually have no idea like the rest of you.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MatthewMedina

MatthewMedina

Content Designer

Next

Although there are waypoints, points of interest and new areas to unlock, these do not count towards map or world completion at this time.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kryadan.2465

Kryadan.2465

Thank god the dungeons don’t count. I wasn’t sure about that. I am at 86% and missing a few regions but I haven’t hit a dungeon yet so I wasn’t sure heh.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Monkeyy.2709

Monkeyy.2709

Thank god the dungeons don’t count. I wasn’t sure about that. I am at 86% and missing a few regions but I haven’t hit a dungeon yet so I wasn’t sure heh.

Some of the POIs in dungeons are actually impossible to attain. They don’t count but it is very frustrating nonetheless. (I’m looking at you CoE).

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: gibzy.7329

gibzy.7329

Although there are waypoints, points of interest and new areas to unlock, these do not count towards map or world completion at this time.

I think that’s not the best route to go… If no new zones that are gonna be added will count towards 100% map completion, then pretty soon everybody will be running around with that lil star by their name.

If, on the other hand, more and more stuff is added for the requirements, as new zones come out – that will mean that only people, keeping up with the game, and playing it extensively will be the ones with the star, which is I think how it should be. If everybody has it – what’s the point? It’s only visual clutter at that point.

Azazel Guild – Casual Russian PvX guild on Ring of Fire
http://azazel.enjin.com/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: fizzypop.6458

fizzypop.6458

I bet that those will be added to the 100% map once an expansion comes out along with the other areas. It seems silly not to at that point, but for one small update? Eh I can see why they didn’t add them.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vergil Huragok.3967

Vergil Huragok.3967

Will the zone still have a zone completion reward though?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Deathriot.5647

Deathriot.5647

Unfortunately I believe you were either misinformed or you simply were not equipped to answer this question properly as I have lost my 100% completion and about 700-750 achievement points
In the future a more accurate answer will be appreciated

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MatthewMedina

Previous

MatthewMedina

Content Designer

Allow me to clarify. My answer was specifically addressing the OP’s question about our new map, Southsun Cove. The content there does not count towards map or world completion.

In addition to that, we have added two new POI’s to Lion’s Arch, that DO count towards map completion and world completion, which will reduce your percentages if you’re at 100% already. So you will need to unlock those two POI’s to recover your 100%. This should not impact your achievements, your rewards or your medal.

The loss in achievement points is a bug that has been reported and is being looked into.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Deathriot.5647

Deathriot.5647

Thank you so much for clearing that up Matthew Your continues service in excellence remains Amazing

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

I have 99% completed (missing some annoying WvW) however, on the character select screen to the bottom left it states that i have 100%, is this a bug?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

Hope it will eventually count towards map completion. Would be a bit weird if you don’t actually have to complete the entire map to get 100%. The whole point of new content is to expand the game, so why not expand map completion aswell?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

Allow me to clarify. My answer was specifically addressing the OP’s question about our new map, Southsun Cove. The content there does not count towards map or world completion.

In addition to that, we have added two new POI’s to Lion’s Arch, that DO count towards map completion and world completion, which will reduce your percentages if you’re at 100% already. So you will need to unlock those two POI’s to recover your 100%. This should not impact your achievements, your rewards or your medal.

The loss in achievement points is a bug that has been reported and is being looked into.

Seeing that I thought I lost about 1k achievement points, I’m relieved to hear that this is a bug.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

I suppose something should be done with map completion someday, no? specially if an expansion is released.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

Who knows op? They said they wouldn’t add gear grind but they did. So one minute they say it won’t affect map completion, the next minute they change their minds.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BadHealer.3608

BadHealer.3608

I just did fall from 99% to 96%. So this two POI are worth 3%!

That would mean that each POI is worth 1.5% – if I’m getting the missing POI in WvWvW that I will be at around 130%.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Trillistar.4071

Trillistar.4071

Prior to the 2 pois in LA I was at 86% when they were added I was still at 86, I grabbed them and still was at 86%. When the new area opened I dropped to 84%, I have heard a mix of percentages going up or down with this patch from other guildies. Whether intended or not it seems apparent the new area does effect the displayed percent. Yet the total numbers of points didn’t change.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Noctis.8604

Noctis.8604

I feel there SHOULD be Vista’s in this new map. Regardless if they count towards map completion or not, the Driftglass Springs DESERVES to have vistas there. C’mon guys… that place looks amazing and you didn’t bother putting even a couple there? >_<

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Payadopa.4706

Payadopa.4706

Well, you could always ‘vista’ yourself. The view is nice, regardless. lol

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Trillistar.4071

Trillistar.4071

Dropped 2% on my completion with new area added, discovering pois and wps in this new area I have gained 1% of it back so far. Maybe it was intended not to count but it appears it actually does count towrds the percent if not allready at 100%. The displayed counts for world completion are unchanged, just the percent is affected.