I am frustrated and not finding this fun

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Without knowing, the best thing to do is to give people credit for writing their experiences (and conclusions drawn therefrom) accurately on these forums.

I think the best thing would be to give a fair and balanced appraisal, which isn’t what people are doing. People are going off the deep end with descriptions of the “utter crap” involved in this event, and the negative commentary outweighs the positive at least 10:1, when the dungeon & the map work fine, and they’re the bulk of the content.

I think people are writing their own experiences mostly accurately, but I also think they’re not giving credit where it’s due.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

People don’t know what they should be doing because they aren’t assuming that things are bugged.

Also: people don’t try to do anything because they assume things are bugged after previous experiences. And they’re totally right to think so. If I cannot talk to an NPC for no reason and with no explanation, just because he can only be talked to every five minutes, that’s stupid.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

What I’m finding disappointing is that the challenge in this zone seems largely based on the fact that Karkas are 2 levels over you and hit ridiculously hard. I swapped to my knights/emerald gear and still find myself getting hit for 2000 damage per hit on their spit attack, which can hit 4-5 times, and dodging won’t get out of all of them. I’ll evade 2 of the spits and still be hit for 6000 damage. Fighting more than 1 at a time, like in say.. the Lion’s Arch event today.. you get destroyed. They didn’t hit nearly this hard yesterday. I wouldn’t mind that type of damage output from the veterans maybe but not the normals.

I see res symbols all over the place in a group of Karkas, they’re absolutely shredding people and even dodging isn’t saving them. About the only way I’ve found that effectively deals with them is to spam black powder and make sure they’re all standing in the field constantly, and telling people to bring their karkas to my cloud to mitigate their ridiculous damage.

Aside from that, I find it disappointing that this zone has only a few Tier 6 crafting nodes and no really compelling events (meaning there won’t be reason to continue to go there after this weekend). The events seem really ho hum aside from the event to find the golem parts in the worm field, even that I found it a bit frustrating how long they’d follow you after dodging them. You’d dodge them 2-3 times and then were a sitting duck and then they’d one shot you.

Inflated mob stats is a very boring way to increase difficulty, and also unsatisfying to overcome.

I just can’t see myself coming back here if the highlights of the area are basically you take way more damage here than anywhere else.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in The Lost Shores

Iruwen.3164

Without knowing, the best thing to do is to give people credit for writing their experiences (and conclusions drawn therefrom) accurately on these forums.

I think the best thing would be to give a fair and balanced appraisal, which isn’t what people are doing. People are going off the deep end with descriptions of the “utter crap” involved in this event, and the negative commentary outweighs the positive at least 10:1, when the dungeon & the map work fine, and they’re the bulk of the content.

I think people are writing their own experiences mostly accurately, but I also think they’re not giving credit where it’s due.

This thread is called “I am frustrated and not finding this fun”. Feel free to open a thread about how awesome the FotM are. Most people didn’t stay home to play the new instance but to participate in the events. Which were pretty flawed, to say it politely.

in The Lost Shores

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

This thread is called “I am frustrated and not finding this fun”. Feel free to open a thread about how awesome the FotM are.

It would be swallowed by the hundreds of screamingly negative threads, I’m afraid, and pushed onto the third page or so.

in The Lost Shores

Iruwen.3164

This thread is called “I am frustrated and not finding this fun”. Feel free to open a thread about how awesome the FotM are.

It would be swallowed by the hundreds of screamingly negative threads, I’m afraid, and pushed onto the third page or so.

Don’t worry, moderators merge all the complaints into one thread where they can be more easily ignored and will make your thread a sticky.

Just kidding, but why should I write something positive about the FotMs or anything else I didn’t care about today. The only reason I’m home is because I wanted to participate in that heavily advertised event. And there is literally nothing positive I could say about it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sekkerhund.3790

Sekkerhund.3790

That should be a big clue to Anet, and the fanbois, that this event is not acceptable, as is, to the majority of players. No one can honestly say that they have not been frustrated or disappointed with any part of this event.

I love this game, I have over 800 hours played, and even I am disappointed with this event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I posted a thread yesterday conveying my sentiments about this event. Needless to say they immediately removed it and infracted me for not contributing to the discussion. My post was not rude or contain any bad language. I was merely convaying my opinion. Since my post hundreds have expressed the same sentiment some in much harsher terms than I did. I guess when the dam breaks there is no way of containing the flood. I’m very sorry this event turned out to be such a fiasco for Anet and they made a poor choice in combining this event with the free trail thing.
I hope Anet learns from this mistake and wish for our sake things go smoothly when Christmas comes around because patience has a limit.

(edited by OmniPotentes.4817)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TheUnNamedHero.4167

TheUnNamedHero.4167

Putting Halo into my xbox as I write. Not fun Anet.

2012 Halloween Tower Champion
The Lost Shores should have stayed lost.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

Putting Halo into my xbox as I write. Not fun Anet.

And I’m back to playing XCOM.

Not fun at all.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Loltha.2390

Loltha.2390

I want to like this game, I am STRUGGLING to find ways to like this game. I keep telling myself over time it will get better….

No MMO’s are not bug free or perfect, I don’t think the vast majority of people on here feel they should. Being perfect, expecting a bug or 2 in a new event you can shrug off, this whole event and its trumpetted advertising circus is a fiasco! EVERY EVENT BUGGED! That’s totally unacceptable.

If GW2 were a brand new gaming company with a brand new game I could shrug this off A LITTLE more tho I would still be vocal in my disappointment. But it’s NOT a new company! While it’s updated it’s model, ANet has successfully run GW1 for YEARS. These should not be brand new concepts for them! In fact, I bought this game because of the very vocal response friends had to this company and to their first product.

While GW2 is a very beautiful product it is a product with some glaring holes in it right now. I’m sticking with the game awhile longer but I do need to see SOME improvement.

This event was poorly thought out and EXTREMELY poorly executed. Also, I agree with the poster about the Twitter nonsense…you HAVE a website, USE IT for communication. If Miyani can spam mail me, the least you can do is send an in game mail explaning any changes/ how you’re fixing this mess. You have a website, use the front page instead of expecting people to go to twitter or 25 other websites for answers!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sardeth Wynn.9548

Sardeth Wynn.9548

First I would like to thank you all for your good work on most of this games content, now for the whining part, can I guess the one responsible for that geyser jumping puzzle is the same that designed the Mad King’s Tower? Anet you are beginning to alienate some of your older players. Also what was the point of doing those quests on these new beasts such as getting that shell from the logos, the magic scroll from the Quaggins and that Potion from the Hylek if we do not get something that helps combat them? Yes, there are weapons crates on the island that have those slow skill recharge times, but no buff for our main weapons? I love the new dungeon, but I am kind of disappointed with the new region.
I play games to remove my stress, I like challenging content, yet it feels like I am getting the kitchen sink thrown at me. So odds are after I grab the last POI I will probably avoid that area and stick to Orr areas.
All in all thank you for building this game.

Do I have a plan?
Yes, keep hitting it till it stops breathing.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ShadowXion.6095

ShadowXion.6095

After how many issues there were with the Halloween event I was hoping there wouldn’t be nearly as many with this one. Sad to say there are even more…. And making this a very limited timed event makes matters worse as a large portion were stuck with un-finishable quest lines. The dedicated player base is paying for this one with frustration while the new invites are seeing how badly things have been run. This event so far isn’t a great representation of what GW2 Events can/should be.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Spikedadragon.6015

Spikedadragon.6015

People just need to be patience and realize this is a MMO. A subscription-free MMO. Sure there will be bugs. Sure there will be game breaking instances that need fixed. Every game runs into this. Some of it is caught in the beta tests and QA stages. On consoles games are released with bugs, possibly patched later if at all possible to do so. Some developers will do so, some won’t. Just depends on the nature of the bug. This is all for a single one-time event chain. Nobody is telling you to take part in it. You could go do something else on the game on one of the dozens of other maps and not be effected by what is going on. Thus it isn’t game breaking.

What it is is simply bugged at points. They have admitted this. They have rolled out patches to fix this. Yet when some stuff remains bugged, rather than look at the positive side of things like the fact that other portions are fixed and you can move forward, you are all spinning a negative outlook.

All in all just be patient. If you don’t like the event, go back to your normal play, or wait until Monday. Complaining over and over again doesn’t help.

in The Lost Shores

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

No one can honestly say that they have not been frustrated or disappointed with any part of this event.

No-one is claiming that. Not even me.

My issue is with those who are claiming that the event is irredeemable, that it has no redeeming qualities. Those that think that the GW ‘Lost Shores’ discussion front page should be filled by 18 negative threads and 1 positive one (that was literally the ratio I last saw), and that this is a reasonable response. My issue is with those that pretend that the FotM dungeon & new map are but tiny footnotes to a litany of bugged events and lag-spikes.

No. It’s not like that. A lot of the content is fine and fun. People are acting incredibly entitled.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mister Chow.4281

Mister Chow.4281

I’m greatly disappointed. Waste of my time, waste of my in-game resources (coin, donation items), and waste of my brainpower trying to figure out what’s happening. A complete clusterkitten, which is shocking because Anet usually doesn’t kitten things up this badly. This has been the worst content rollout that I’ve seen in all the years I’ve been playing Guild Wars; quest design, game mechanics, code stability, issue communication – all poorly executed. Lousy decisions made from design to post-deployment support.

I understand that y’all were attempting to do something different, but please don’t make these same choices again.

“10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who don’t.”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

I was just expecting too much i guess but that was caused by how Anet expressed us everything in patch notes etc.Either map nor Fotm isnt fun at all.Yes Fotm is fun when you doit couple of times.But after you keep doing it like 30-40 times to actually be able to farm it , it’s getting boring like hell.

Well.2 and a half day to release(you know what)…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

The battle has moved from Lion’s Arch to the karkas.

Go near Sanctum Harbor Waypoint in Lion’s Arch. There is a transporter NPC near the boats/docks that will transport you to Southsun Cove.

and what are we supposed to do in southsun? just kill mobs and do the events? are we just doing this to fill time until the next phase starts at some predetermined time or does the amount of events we accomplish actually lead to something?

I got bored in southsun after about an hour

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

Had the same problem on our server, the Ancient Karka would go instantly fully heal at 70% health, and all conditions on it expired immediately. Gave up seeing the event ever finish after 1 hour.

Moving on to the new island, first event I get into I promptly get my face stomped into the ground without even getting a chance to fight for more than 5 seconds. That’s as long as my Stability buff lasts. After that I spend the remaining 20 seconds being permanently pulled back and forth between 5 different enemies (4 of which spawned right on top of me while fighting the first one) being unable to fight back, heal, flee or do anything at all but die. Not fun. At all.

Armor has seemingly been made totally obsolete in this place. In Orr I could stand my ground against 1 veteran or 3-4 regular foes most of the time (Guardian with 3250 armor and regen about 170 health/second). Here I’m near death after a 1 on 1 with one regular enemy. Trying to melee a veteran is out of the question. (I hate dying. I build my characters defensively and play cautiously. In 250 hours of playing I’ve died 4 times. In 10 minutes on the new island I died twice.)

Massive anticlimax across the board for day 2 of this event. Lost all motivation to play any more GW2 today.

I’m enjoying it but I was starting to wonder if I just sucked or what because as a level 80 thief with mixed rares/exotics/greens I had trouble killing just one veteran young karka. Sorry you’re experiencing frustration, but at least I know it’s not just me.

Those sigils with extra damage against karka are looking mighty good, right about now.

The obstacle is the path.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

I’m sorry, but what you are saying is that a fair and balanced appraisal could not arrive at the conclusion this is utter crap. I disagree.

I accept your point that some of the content worked. I accept that there has been some very good feedback about the dungeon, but that doesn’t change my assessment.

I hate dungeons. The last thing I would want to see is GW2 becoming more dungeon focused. So if the primary “success” of Lost Shores is the dungeon, that’s a negative for me. That doesn’t mean Anet failed with the dungeon, it just means that for me it adds no positive side to this whole thing.

Consider 2 options:

1) Lost Shores had never happened. This weekend would have been a happy mix for me between a little PvE, WvW and tPvP

2) Lost Shore did happen. This weekend has been a complete loss because expectations were raised massively and not met. On top of which, GW2 is one dungeon closer to have WoW-style end game.

Option 1 would have been better by far for me. That’s my honest appraisal.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

No one can honestly say that they have not been frustrated or disappointed with any part of this event.

No-one is claiming that. Not even me.

My issue is with those who are claiming that the event is irredeemable, that it has no redeeming qualities. Those that think that the GW ‘Lost Shores’ discussion front page should be filled by 18 negative threads and 1 positive one (that was literally the ratio I last saw), and that this is a reasonable response. My issue is with those that pretend that the FotM dungeon & new map are but tiny footnotes to a litany of bugged events and lag-spikes.

No. It’s not like that. A lot of the content is fine and fun. People are acting incredibly entitled.

Well said, but I disagree on one small point, I do think the “event is irredeemable”, but just the event. For me, the more important thing is the permanent new content. While bugged now, most of it will be fixed in the coming days and add to the overall game. In reality…this is just an event…like any other event…unfortunately it was released with critical flaws that ruined it for many people, including me. I say it again though just to stress the fact it’s the permanent, new content and that is much more important here.

in The Lost Shores

Sprawl.3891

anet should take a page from Rift and do events like them. Week+ long, series of easily identifiable quests that then open up daily quests that give you event currency to buy nice gear and cosmetics for all levels culminating with a final weekend event.

trying to pack an event like this into one weekend (at the same time as free trials) is just asking for problems.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

I too, want it to work. I am an avid reader, so I read all the information from the emails (that were spammed to me, because of a bug, not a good sign) Lived through the lag fest of the beginning, Gave from my plethora of worthless stuff I keep for whatever reason and paid out the wazoo for “packaging” to give to the needy of Lion’s Arch, and was given even more worthless stuff for my efforts.

I turned to the emails, and talked to all the new NPC’s and followed the bouncing balls to other npcs in other areas where events were all broken.

I am familiar by now (from having played since BWE1) that many events are still broken from that time, despite my having bug reported them numerous times.
Also recalling vivid memories of the Halloween event and the broken doors, I wait to see if there is a rapid fix, or one that resembles the many other broken events.

I resolve that the frustration is not worth it, and take the day off and work on other things outside of the game.

An update tells me some events are fixed, but I am too late to participate in the “first part” so I blow off the whole thing.

This was my experience with the Lost Shores.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Valdoron.7821

Valdoron.7821

Yeah this thread is pathetic. It’s just a bunch of people who had some weird expectation that wasn’t met and are whining because they didn’t have fun. Personally, I had absolutely no problem progressing at all. And instructions for completing phase 1 is posted right on the main page of the website after logging in. In phase 2, the NPC led a huge group of us all around the island to complete the various stages of the event. It lasted much longer than “five minutes” and consisted of much more than just a short “boss fight”. The only people who had trouble are the ones who failed to read. Even the tooltip told you exactly who to talk to yet I saw many people constantly asking where to go, who to talk to, and if the event had started yet. Instruction was clear. I laughed my kitten off when people rushed head long off the bridge before it was built during one part of the event. That was the best part for me. Why? Because I learned long ago not to have crazy expectations of one-time events like this in MMO’s. They are what they are and appeal to some more than others. Most of the time I’ll check them out and just go back to doing what I find more fun. Right now it’s leveling a Warrior because I got bored of my 80 Thief. So do what is fun and if it’s not fun, don’t play it and ST_U. But to create post after post, complaining to Anet that you didn’t have fun is so immature and babyish it’s not even funny. Personally I find the amount of BS-ing on this forum disgusting, especially for a game people don’t even have to pay a monthly fee for. I find myself coming back to the forums less and less for this exact reason.

And on that note, i just want to say thanks Anet for giving us a great game that has aspects that can appeal to all gamer types. Glad to hear you’ll be adding more endgame PVE content as well. Now people who whine about how GW2 is just about PVP can stuff it too.

(edited by Valdoron.7821)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

There is only one thing worse than making your players bored – making them feel frustrated.

This exactly.

It’s just a bunch of people who had some weird expectation that wasn’t met and are whining because they didn’t have fun.

I ran into constant bugs. Even managed to do Noll while many found him to be bugged; still got stuck on Canach (and the largos in the other quest).

Apparently I should be running through the streets shouting praise at A.net for what, exactly? Bugged content. They can go kitten themselves. And you can, too.

(edited by Ansultares.1567)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

I don’t like this poorly written scavenger hunt style ANet has been using with things like the halloween and lost shore event. I googled both of them just to get it over with, and come to find out this events hunt is so incredibly bugged you can’t even progress, great content update guys.. especially dat class balance ifyouknowwhatimean.

Oh well, one-time events are never a good idea anyway because not everyone gets to experience them.. especially when they run into a bunch of bugs and just don’t have the time or patience to wait around for ANet to fix them when they should have TESTED the event first… I mean come on guys…

Even less motivated to log in than I was after reading the class “balances” and gear treadmill.
But my rogue has hit 90 and I’m 46 now on BO2 yeaaaa boii it’s fun playing games that don’t ruin expectation because you know exactly what you’re getting!

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

(edited by Rukia.4802)

in The Lost Shores

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Apparently I should be running through the streets shouting praise at A.net for what, exactly? Bugged content. They can go kitten themselves. And you can, too.

Yes, how dare they release something with unintentional bugs?! It’s not as if they were trying to provide us with something for free.

Get some perspective.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: emtwo.4058

emtwo.4058

Yeah this thread is pathetic. It’s just a bunch of people who had some weird expectation that wasn’t met and are whining because they didn’t have fun. Personally, I had absolutely no problem progressing at all. And instructions for completing phase 1 is posted right on the main page of the website after logging in. In phase 2, the NPC led a huge group of us all around the island to complete the various stages of the event. It lasted much longer than “five minutes” and consisted of much more than just a short “boss fight”. The only people who had trouble are the ones who failed to read. Even the tooltip told you exactly who to talk to yet I saw many people constantly asking where to go, who to talk to, and if the event had started yet. Instruction was clear. I laughed my kitten off when people rushed head long off the bridge before it was built during one part of the event. That was the best part for me. Why? Because I learned long ago not to have crazy expectations of one-time events like this in MMO’s. They are what they are and appeal to some more than others. Most of the time I’ll check them out and just go back to doing what I find more fun. Right now it’s leveling a Warrior because I got bored of my 80 Thief. So do what is fun and if it’s not fun, don’t play it and ST_U. But to create post after post, complaining to Anet that you didn’t have fun is so immature and babyish it’s not even funny. Personally I find the amount of BS-ing on this forum disgusting, especially for a game people don’t even have to pay a monthly fee for. I find myself coming back to the forums less and less for this exact reason.

And on that note, i just want to say thanks Anet for giving us a great game that has aspects that can appeal to all gamer types. Glad to hear you’ll be adding more endgame PVE content as well. Now people who whine about how GW2 is just about PVP can stuff it too.

Expressing frustration and complaints about a product to the company that makes and sells the product is immature and babyish? Who knew. Man, why do we even have things like a Better Business Bureau when we can just label any legitimate concern as immature whining and then personally insult the people voicing said concerns?

So all those posts you made about issues with the Mac client, those were just babyish whining too then?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pugsie.9265

Pugsie.9265

I just feel sorry for the people trialing GW2 this weekend. I invited a couple and am worried about what they are actually experiencing. I have been nothing but praising this game up until this event weekend. So yeah…I’m definitely frustrated and disappointed as well.

in The Lost Shores

Sprawl.3891

Yes, how dare they release something with unintentional bugs?! It’s not as if they were trying to provide us with something for free.

Get some perspective.

perspective. ANet has no public test servers, and it shows.

in The Lost Shores

Ansultares.1567

I invited a couple and am worried about what they are actually experiencing.

You’d think someone would have thought that one through; nothing says “great game” like so many broken events.

Get some perspective.

Perspective? Like, “maybe we should delay this release awhile longer for testing, especially since a bug-ridden mess will be counterproductive to our ‘recruit a friend’ program?”

Practically every single NPC involved in the thing is bugged, broken or flat out missing.

Kitten that kitten.

(edited by Ansultares.1567)

in The Lost Shores

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Expressing frustration and complaints about a product to the company that makes and sells the product is immature and babyish? Who knew.

That’s not all people are doing. People are going absolutely apekitten, pretending that the bugged events (a small portion of the content, in all honesty) are all there is to everything.

Calling it a “pile of crap”, “idiotic”, “GG ANet” etc, is not voicing legitimate concern. It is immature. It is babyish. People ignore the parts that aren’t broken (you know, most of the content) because they like to be angry. 18 negative feedback threads to 1 positive one when I last looked on the FP. That’s just ludicrous.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Karkas heal after they shed their shell.

Yea…we found out the hard way. I did a search prior to the event to see if I could find any background on this enemy but got nothing useful.

Someone in my group this afternoon told us that – After we died a few times. And what’s with the one shot stuff and rooting to the ground without any way to cleanse? Totally out of the park on this.

I don’t mind difficult content but impossible content is another thing entirely.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: KniL.5126

KniL.5126

Play Fractals noobs, and you will know the FUN

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Svenn.5209

Svenn.5209

I just decided to check the forums while taking a quick break from the game and I stumbled on this. I am very surprised by all the hate and calling this event a “failure”. As far as I’m concerned this whole thing has been amazing, and it’s one of the most fun experiences I’ve had in a game.

From the time I got home from work yesterday I’ve been on and playing, minus a few hours of sleep. I’ve been with tons of guildmates and friends. We’ve all had a blast. We hit a few bugs here and there, but nothing so far has been that awful. They fixed up the Noll/Canach issues.

In most games you get a “Here’s a new zone” and plop it’s there with full camps and everything. Here we are going through this epic event (yeah, the Lion’s Arch event was a bit laggy, but once we got into Southsun it wasn’t bad at all) where we chase these new creatures out of our town and back to their home… and we’re running around with the NPCs setting up camps, helping clear paths and build bridges, etc. This is just simply incredible. I can’t think of another game that has something like this.

Svenn Ethir – Seeds of War – Stormbluff Isle

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cloyster.1758

Cloyster.1758

I for one really enjoyed the events so far, so it was a bit buggy. So what! They are doing their best to fix it. Just enjoy the game for what it is. Only thing I would complain about is that I am unsure as to whether the event chain for today is over or not? haha but overall quite good

in The Lost Shores

Ansultares.1567

18 negative feedback threads to 1 positive one when I last looked on the FP. That’s just ludicrous.

That’s not ludicrous; it’s a perfectly legitimate response to this update.

They could have just removed the investigation quests, and given everyone the rewards for free as compensation. See, I’m being reasonable and appreciate that they couldn’t have known the quests were so terribly bugged without massively stress testing them (though they could have had an idea they’d be this bugged).

They could have just tested the stuff, and ironed out the bugs.

In their haste to implement the gear treadmill, they were totally inconsiderate of the playerbase.

No surprise there, actually.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I’m very sorry this event turned out to be such a fiasco for Anet and they made a poor choice in combining this event with the free trail thing.

I hope Anet learns from this mistake and wish for our sake things go smoothly when Christmas comes around because patience has a limit.

Two thumbs up on this sentiment. I cannot understand why they included a “free trial” at the same time of a supposedly dynamic event? Major mistake Anet…really should not have included it since the event itself was so badly borked.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: emtwo.4058

emtwo.4058

Expressing frustration and complaints about a product to the company that makes and sells the product is immature and babyish? Who knew.

That’s not all people are doing. People are going absolutely apekitten, pretending that the bugged events (a small portion of the content, in all honesty) are all there is to everything.

Calling it a “pile of crap”, “idiotic”, “GG ANet” etc, is not voicing legitimate concern. It is immature. It is babyish. People ignore the parts that aren’t broken (you know, most of the content) because they like to be angry. 18 negative feedback threads to 1 positive one. That’s just ludicrous.

Why should people complain about the parts that aren’t broken? The forums don’t exist for us to give ANet “Heck-of-a-Job Brownies.” The forums are here for dissemination of information and discussion of the things that don’t work.

The game is good overall. That doesn’t negate our right to point out the things that aren’t good, and pointing them out does not equate to whining. Plenty of people that are calling the event or the game itself “a pile of crap” are voicing legitimate complaints, you just conveniently ignore them because they used one or two hyperbolic terms.

And for the record, I don’t think most people are upset because the event failed. It’s just one event, nobody really cares. People are upset because of the manner and scale of the failure. Many feel (and rightly so, in my opinion) that the execution of this event is indicative of an overall lack of creativity, insight into what the customer actually wants, and ability to properly execute and manage a game like this.

A LOT of people couldn’t participate in the Halloween event and this event due to work/life schedules and feel like they are going to be excluded from massive amounts of GW2 content over the years. They are unhappy.

A LOT of people who actually had the time were still unable to participate due to lag and bugs which could have (and should have) been foreseen by ANet. They are unhappy.

A LOT of people who had the time and managed to avoid/put up with the lag and bugs were subsequently disappointed by the content and its lack of entertainment value. They are unhappy.

So yeah, there are a lot of complaint threads. And there should be.

(edited by emtwo.4058)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: KniL.5126

KniL.5126

I repeat, do a party with friends and go to the Fractal’s Dungeons and you will know the fun

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lex Striker.3972

Lex Striker.3972

If I may… one difference between our offline lives and playing a computer game (MMOG or standalone) is that we as players expect a reasonable possibility of success. In computer games, players generally expect to be able to complete a mission if they are only able to figure out the solution. Players generally expect to eventually win, and experience the thrill of victory and accomplishment… else why do we play?

When Players do not think there is a solution, and thus no way for them to win, then they get frustrated. This Event was a perfect example of having no way to win, and thus not being able to feel good about ourselves. I know as a Player, when I am just handed something I do not feel I have really earned, I feel cheated out of the experience of feeling good about being able to conquer the bad guy and earn my reward. The reason I play GW2 was not satisfied… thus I was not happy about this Event… sorry.

My objective in playing GW2, or any other computer game, is that when I shut my computer down, I feel better about myself. I do not always accomplish that, but most of the reasons for that are my own shortcomings. The way this Event was implemented did not allow me the feeling I come to GW2 to experience… thus I feel cheated and reacted in a negative way.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Beeker.5817

Beeker.5817

I didn’t really enjoy Halloween and I’m not even trying to do this event.

Having ANet support people link to an incomplete Wiki page for game info isn’t winning me over, and its something that they do a lot.

Put something in game to explain new recipes and new materials. Do you want me in game playing or sitting reading Wiki pages for hours on end? (Many of which are wrong or incomplete).

Just not impressed with any of the event things. If the base game and RP crowd weren’t so stellar I’d of already gone back to Rift.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

I repeat, do a party with friends and go to the Fractal’s Dungeons and you will know the fun

Yea do 270 mini dungeons to get a single back item by tokens and i will see how much fun you got here.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I love this game, and I was really excited for this event. Like a lot of others, I was a bit disappointed but upon some reflection so far, I’m actually quite pleased.

I am not really into dungeons, but I absolutely love the fractals. Do it with some guild mates, talk on mumble, and it is so much fun getting your butt kicked, watching your friends get blown off from wind traps every 5 seconds, and just overall working together to figure out how to do it. ANet, I love this.

I appreciated the hunt for the maps. I didn’t mind that those were bugged – fortunately, I was able to finish it. Sure, the mail spam was a little frustrating, but overall it was interesting.

However, the live events just didn’t work for me. I wasn’t there for the major lag fest of the first phase, but when the catapults were being built there were no hints of such progress. The event didn’t start until 30 minutes (a very long wait, and I feel bad for those who woke up early to attend, or skipped work) after 12. Sure, we figured out where to go next, so the direction wasn’t difficult. But the event skipped the catapult firing completely and went straight from unbuilt catapult, to talking to the NPC to get to the new map. That was disappointing.

I actually enjoyed the chain events of fighting the karka. I never fell, because I was never targeted, but I did see a ton of res symbols within 2 seconds of the veteran showing up. That’s probably not a good thing.

Mostly, I’m satisfied. But to conclude, I have to say my biggest gripe is the complete lack of communication on ANet’s part. I don’t use twitter, I don’t like twitter… or Reddit for that matter. PLEASE post announcements that you guys are fixing these bugs on the main website. This is where I check first, and this should be the only place I have to check. That completely frustrates me. And when you guys see 20+ posts of confusion as to why the event hasn’t started… Reply as quickly as possible. It took probably 20 minutes or so before I saw a Dev’s response. I could be wrong, but it shouldn’t take that long. It wouldn’t have been a big deal if the event actually worked in the server… because like I said, we never saw the catapult being built.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TheUnNamedHero.4167

TheUnNamedHero.4167

And wrong. None of the Ascended gear currently has the stat selection that supports my build. If I want to do them, then I either have to kitten myself (not really the best idea on a difficulty scaling dungeon) or respec my character. Either way, I can’t play the way I want to, and thus, frustrated and not finding fun.

Edit: Really? Gemp (when spelled correctly) is censored?

2012 Halloween Tower Champion
The Lost Shores should have stayed lost.

(edited by TheUnNamedHero.4167)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: theoneandonly.2064

theoneandonly.2064

This has been like the Halloween event for me to a large extent. A whole lot of confusion combined with
things that I had to do which weren’t always obvious and which were time restricted and in this instance
broken to boot. I have nothing apart from a few pieces of rubbish (such as candy cane) to show for the
Halloween event, and spent more time bored/frustrated than having any semblance of fun.
Looking at the new zone, I get the impression I am experiencing an open world persistent exploration
mode dungeon with no obvious reason for being there. If I had the self confidence to group and to get into
a good guild large enough to have a decent representation at all hours I might actually have fun.
My only dungeon experience is AC story mode, and looking at the chat channels and seeing higher and
higher fractal experience requirements when people call out for more group members I feel like I will never
see the inside of the new dungeon.

“One of the toughest things in life is getting people to remember your name”
—Unknown

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Migo.6120

Migo.6120

A reasonable post OP, well said. I think it takes a bit of bravery to post. I carved out time for the events, and as it turned out, got called to work and missed some things. Not a big deal for me, but I did experience horrible lag in the very beginning on Fri. I tried to play catch-up with the events on Saturday and that was less than satisfying too. Personally it is much easier for me to miss any event or game when I am not satisfied with the results. The fact is, if I enjoy my experience, I will continue spend time. When I spend time, I will invariably spend money. I am mostly a casual player with a little money to spend. The consequences of a poor product rests with the company. I vote with my feet, and the company will see the results in their earnings. I do hope they work it all out, I’ll probably check in once in awhile to see how it goes, but there is nothing compelling me at this time. I have my dislikes and likes and many have covered those issues throughout these forums. It’ll all add up, one way or the other. Best to all.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Moteris.5913

Moteris.5913

I am not saying this game is horrid or anything, I really do love this game. I am just saying things could have been handled diffidently, While a test server may not be able to test on a large scale, it will however help them find some simple issues that may make the large scale events a little bit more smooth.

As for the confusion about the scavenger hunt and what not. There is being vague enough not spoon feed the player, and in the case of these quest is was just a little to vague in many peoples minds. The Halloween event was better at explaining what needed to be done to move forward.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Moteris.5913

Moteris.5913

A reasonable post OP, well said. I think it takes a bit of bravery to post. I carved out time for the events, and as it turned out, got called to work and missed some things. Not a big deal for me, but I did experience horrible lag in the very beginning on Fri. I tried to play catch-up with the events on Saturday and that was less than satisfying too. Personally it is much easier for me to miss any event or game when I am not satisfied with the results. The fact is, if I enjoy my experience, I will continue spend time. When I spend time, I will invariably spend money. I am mostly a casual player with a little money to spend. The consequences of a poor product rests with the company. I vote with my feet, and the company will see the results in their earnings. I do hope they work it all out, I’ll probably check in once in awhile to see how it goes, but there is nothing compelling me at this time. I have my dislikes and likes and many have covered those issues throughout these forums. It’ll all add up, one way or the other. Best to all.

I agree with you fully, and thank you very much :-)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

Expecting events to actually work and no massive lag is NOT high expectations. Isn’t that what the overflow is for to thin out the herd so there is no lag? Why even have the overflow at all if you still can’t see anything going on?

It is absurd for someone to say our expectations are too high for a non buggy product. None of these expansions should be released until they can guarantee they work. Otherwise, just make them instances with 10 players.

None of this content will keep people playing if they can’t handle the core bugs like the lag and draw in problems on top of all the class/trait bugs. Inexcusable.