I am frustrated and not finding this fun

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

Yeah, it requires courage to post your opinion on this forum because every time I do it gets infracted, even if it wasn’t inflammatory. :/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

people are so freakin ungrateful its not even funny this game is the most polished and a really great aaa game for what mere like 60 buck free to play forever if you find it not fun take a break go play something else then come back what makes the game so great its fit for the harcore/casual you name it. Now quit complaining about free content they give us they work their kitten off for us to enjoy and this is what they get really?! really? should be ashamed.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Starhawk.2958

Starhawk.2958

Guys, if your expectations are that high, start paying $30 a month, or else please appreciate what ANet has done and stop complaining that much. They obviously don’t have to bring out new contents in such a short time.

Really? So anything is good enough because you didn’t have to pay for it? What a stupid mentality. Seriously, if you don’t want quality from the company that’s your business but do everyone a favor and keep that low standard to yourself.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TheUnNamedHero.4167

TheUnNamedHero.4167

people are so freakin ungrateful its not even funny this game is the most polished and a really great aaa game for what mere like 60 buck free to play forever if you find it not fun take a break go play something else then come back what makes the game so great its fit for the harcore/casual you name it. Now quit complaining about free content they give us they work their kitten off for us to enjoy and this is what they get really?! really? should be ashamed.

1. This event is anything but polished.

2. They did this to make money. Without this content, all those special chests wouldn’t have been purchased. Anet is a business. Not an entertainment charity.

3. If they really worked their kitten off for us to enjoy this, then they wasted the effort as this has been anything but enjoyable and makes me wonder if this is what I should expect from them in the future.

2012 Halloween Tower Champion
The Lost Shores should have stayed lost.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Valdoron.7821

Valdoron.7821

So all those posts you made about issues with the Mac client, those were just babyish whining too then?

Wow, to even compare these two aspects of the game is even more immature. I didn’t have “complaints” i had questions, that’s it. No where will you find me whining and moaning about anything. I don’t even use the mac client but once in a blue moon and now that it doesn’t work at all? I’m still not complaining because as I said in the Mac thread, I can just start up in windows mode. Big deal.

And to anyone who says that you should whine and complain like better business and all that and how it makes the game better, well i never said you “shouldn’t” be allowed to whine, but it doesn’t make it look anymore disgusting than it is. Personally I find one useful moan post out of 10 useless ones who are just written by people who didn’t take the time to figure things out or were lazy. Bugs? I didn’t experience one and I finished everything. Hmmm, amazing.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: theoneandonly.2064

theoneandonly.2064

Yeah, it requires courage to post your opinion on this forum because every time I do it gets infracted, even if it wasn’t inflammatory. :/

Sadly it takes courage on most such forums for those of us who don’t fall into the depressingly large category of people who in addition to being “over confident” also totally lack any shred of empathy or are self obsessed (very similar traits if not manifestations of the same thing), people with absolutely no social graces. I start to lose my inhibitions as I get frustrated/angry/annoyed which tends to be precisely the time I should shut my mouth (in terms of how I phrase what I say under the circumstances). If this was a bad game I simply would walk away and not bother with it, but despite being able to go several days without any desire to jump in and play (some confidence and people to play with regularly would likely change this) I love it to bits so to speak. I would like to be drawn into the game but these two major events so far are doing more to drive me away

“One of the toughest things in life is getting people to remember your name”
—Unknown

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Valdoron.7821

Valdoron.7821

Technology has turned you all into a bunch of lazy, whiny, spoon fed ignorant dumb kittens who want nothing more then an ‘I win’ button. Which, even if you did get it, you’d probably kitten that it was to easy, or not having anything to do after having pressed it.

LOL This made me laugh.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

well people arnt enjoying it my advice is move along and quit annoying the people who do with these dang qq posts.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

Where’s the retaking of SouthCove? i left and went back a few times now, and the island is very quiet. when i finally found the NPC to take me there, i joined the forming zerg on the first quest to clear the beach, then i lost track of the zerg, and now it looks as if there isn’t anyone else on the island (except for the few that i saw).

Southcove island seems too quiet, and not all of the events are happening. Captain Magus the Bloody-Handed should really organize a party or events to keep players on the island. it seems as if this plan to retake the island is not working, at the moment.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: tjmseventyseven.5832

tjmseventyseven.5832

Well. Prior to playing today, I came this close (holding my thumb and finger very close together) to inviting a few of my friends who play other MMOs over to check out GW2. Today was gonna be the day that I converted them over to The World of Tyria…..because I’ll tell ya, I have had countless hours of fun immersed in the game and made many new friends over the past 7 years…and yes, I have talked a whole lot of smack about how Guild Wars was the far better MMO. (Which by the way, I still believe to be fact)…but boy, am I ever glad that I didn’t choose today to be the day where I would show them how much better GW is than all the others….

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

No it kitten well isn’t.

He essentially argued that ANet’s product isn’t “in working order” because their content update had lag issues and some of the lead-up events are bugged. It’s an MMO in it’s early days for chrissakes. The update included some great new content as well, which no-one seems willing to focus on, and I for one am glad they gave us what they did instead of nothing.

Gamers are incapable of gratitude.

Whoops. I took a nap.

The event has been so bugged for me I haven’t been able to partake in most of the combat with the Karka, and the NPCs for part 1 were broken for me up until they disappeared out of the game entirely. It’s not ingratitude, I’m frustrated at how sub-par and underwhelming this hyped up event was, and it makes me cringe at Anet’s business practice, seeing how the whole thing was handled. But I’m not going to reiterate my entire original post again to get my point across. Everything I said still stands.

But I am grateful in other areas. For the game itself, for the Halloween event. I had a ridiculous amount of fun with it, even when it did occasionally break, because it was just handled so well otherwise. I’m also grateful for Fractals. The dungeon is actually fun, it’s difficult and challenging without feeling like an impossible grind, it promotes teamwork. It’s breathtakingly beautiful. To me, comparing it and AC are like night and day. I hate AC, for me it’s hard to believe that the same team made Fractals.

Just because a person speaks out about one thing they dislike about something does not mean that they hate the entire thing. But this thread is about the broken event, and not my appreciation for an exceptionally well-made dungeon.
In the end, I ended up playing Primal Carnage with my wife, and then I took a nap. I had a better time than I was having with the event, sorry Anet.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: chiclet.5816

chiclet.5816

I am frustrated and not finding this fun too. Actually, I’m mostly just confused and feeling about five steps behind everybody else.

I don’t like having to run google searches to figure out if there’s any information anywhere about where and how to do something… or anything really. The “clues” on how to progress were coyly opaque, which is to say I spent way too much time getting somebody to TELL me what to do next because I couldn’t figure out from the game what the next step was. That was pretty much no fun, nobody likes feeling lost.

I missed the noon Friday phase one launch because, hey, I work! I had responsibilities at home at noon Saturday so hey, I missed the phase two launch. I completed the borked holdup at Subdirector Noll this afternoon, then did Canach in about five minutes and felt pretty much zero accomplishment on either step. The whole thing felt like such a letdown because from my perspective, I was chasing a crowd that had moved on six hours earlier.

Got to the new zone and nothing is happening. There’s people piling up at a jump puzzle sure, but there isn’t a single NPC yelling about taking the fight back to the mothership and leading a charge I can get in on. The mobs hit like a freight train on steroids. I find a champion boss along the south coast and I am the only one around.

Confused. No idea what I’m doing. Nothing is happening. I’ve missed every single part of this event. Not really having a good time at all.

Sorry ArenaNet, but maybe you should space these things out over more than three days and have stuff happening constantly so all of us can have a real shot at participating. And PLEASE don’t hold the clues so kitten tight to your proverbial chest. I hate guessing with a passion.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Spikedadragon.6015

Spikedadragon.6015

People will always complain.

You could provide a dozen rare ore nodes right in front of them on a single stone. People would complain.
Stone’s too high!
There aren’t enough nodes!
My pick broke!

The above Ridiculous? You get the point then.

I for one, along with many others, are quite happy with the event launch and continuation. Sure there has been some lag areas, maybe a few invisible mobs, and some bugs, as to be expected with any mass rollout. Quests are easy. Clues are right there in plain sight, Anet doesn’t have to hold your hand all the way through.
Nothing game breaking. Or event breaking even.

Bring on the big boss today! … and more complaints from people, but meh.

Can’t wait to see how this all turns out.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

something has changed at Anet. We need clear communication. We need to stop the downward spiral away from all things manifesto and we need most importantly a PTR that’s open to a large enough portion of the populous to catch issues like the profession bugs and the dungeon bugs ahead of time to prevent things like this weekend from happening.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jaisun.3925

Jaisun.3925

Even though pretty much everything I agree with has already been said, both positive and negative, I just want to say this: I am a completionist, I have ALL Guild Wars event headgears, weapons from the BMP, and a heap of other stuff. How? I KNEW what to do and the events worked. Yes, I fully understand this isn’t GW, but it is still Anet, and theoretically their ethic should be the same. If an event spazzed out on a mass scale (like this one), they would run a Redux the following weekend. But as it stands, my inner completionist is already feeling incomplete by these bugs etc. Don’t mistake me for an ungrateful entitlist, I love this game, I think what some of you calling us entitlists are missing is we don’t hate GW2 and/or Anet, but when there is a huge lead-up hype to a ‘One-time only’ event, and it’s broken and can’t be completed, that is very fair grounds for frustration, especially for the many (myself included) that set time aside for it. People say we don’t give credit where it’s due? There is LOTS of praise about the game around these forums and the web, just not in this thread, because obviously, this isn’t a praise thread, it doesn’t mean we don’t think highly of the game outside of these bugs, we would like to see that our purchase and dedicated time isn’t in vain.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

Things can only improve from here. I’m hoping the improvement is in the direction of longer special events and not squeezing content into a weekend. It’s asking too much of busy players and setting really high delivery requirements for the development team; the combination is leading to amplified disappointment and anger. Please aim for something slower next time, ANet, so we have more time to enjoy it and you’ve more time to implement fixes when things go wrong. Also, maybe inbuilt contingencies so that if something goes wrong in a chain of events or activities, you can switch to a plan B.

The ambition is great and if it had all gone smoothly it would have been a fitting way to intro a new map area, but it seems to be too fast too soon.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

The One Time Events was the most frustating thing I ever seen in GW2. Worse than the BETA Events. =/

But the Dungeon and new Map are fun, I just hope ANet to learn to not do huge events in just a stop for cause this really bad perfomance from the servers.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Corvi.3278

Corvi.3278

This being a one-time and short time event is what makes it a little bit frustrating. To do the events you really have to dedicate around three days straight just for Guildwars 2. Why not have it in seven days instead? Sigh…

Also it is weird as players during the event needed to tune in on Twitter and wait for the Tweets by developers just for the community to know what was going on.

Really? Twitter reliance? Try to make it in-game communication like the classic GM’s chat.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

this thread is about the broken event, and not my appreciation for an exceptionally well-made dungeon.

You’re right about this. My problem is that at the moment, it seems almost the entire forum is given over to complaining. I feel far too little recognition is being given to the fact that most of the content is fine, functional and fun. I think people have gone way over the top here. People focus solely on the bad, and pretend that’s all there is, because they love to be angry.

(edited by Neilos Tyrhanos.5427)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

There must be some other way to do One Time Events. Apparently ANet feels that early afternoon (for NA) is a fine time to go gaming but those that have to work or have other responsibilities would disagree. I’m sure people in other parts of the world found the timing equally awkward.

I don’t know if it’s technically possible, but if you’re going to have a One Time Event, stagger the event roll out among the different groups of servers so that it occurs sometime in the evening in each area. This would make it more accessible and might alleviate some of the problems people were experiencing.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

There must be some other way to do One Time Events. Apparently ANet feels that early afternoon (for NA) is a fine time to go gaming but those that have to work or have other responsibilities would disagree. I’m sure people in other parts of the world found the timing equally awkward.

It was fine for us in Europe (9pm) but really bad for Australia for example. Also, the event starting at 9pm today may take a long time according to ANet, so it may end way after midnight for us.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

I don’t know if it’s technically possible, but if you’re going to have a One Time Event, stagger the event roll out among the different groups of servers so that it occurs sometime in the evening in each area. This would make it more accessible and might alleviate some of the problems people were experiencing.

Good Idea but unfortunaly it goes by the devs schedule of work. A lot of people do not like to work night work, or weekends. So I think the events go by of the amount of employees available during the time of the event. Something that should had been thought about over different timezones for each server.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Fruppi.7516

Fruppi.7516

Those burrowing worms with their 17k hits sure are fun, my 2 dodge rolls work well when chased by 3 worms all attacking at once.

DEV HINT: Insta-death = suck game mechanic.

Very much agree, will be skipping this event from now on. It’s just insta death if a dodge is missed or both dodges are used.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: jokermo.3058

jokermo.3058

This being a one-time and short time event is what makes it a little bit frustrating. To do the events you really have to dedicate around three days straight just for Guildwars 2. Why not have it in seven days instead? Sigh…

Also it is weird as players during the event needed to tune in on Twitter and wait for the Tweets by developers just for the community to know what was going on.

Really? Twitter reliance? Try to make it in-game communication like the classic GM’s chat.

this
i want it like it was in gw1 where devs actually responded through chat