I've had enough ...

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Akula.7642

Akula.7642

After all the chaos, bugs, lag, etc I gave up doing any of the scheduled events. I decided I would give the new zone a shot this morning and spent an hour with a group of about 8 people running thru the area. Although I give the artists great credit for making it look great, we killed 4 veterans and 2 champions and we received ZERO drops. In fact, the only thing I’ve gotten in the new zone were a few scales off of the lizards and some passion fruit. I’ve really enjoyed GW2 but this new event/zone is an abortion. It really makes me not want to play anymore which is really sad. Hopefully something is done or I fear the attitude of the player base will really suffer.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

you got a free map wich will settle when the big attention is away from it. it will settle. you got a free new map. you have not payed for this map. just wait a bit and i’m pretty sure this map will give beter drops once all people move on again (the majority atleast) saying you dont want to play anymore just because of this is just… sad.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Leite.9475

Leite.9475

you killed 6 mobs….. GG

[Faith] – Maguuma ~ Sigzerker

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: zakwright.7806

zakwright.7806

i got crab shoulders, and a focus skin. just wait for the big world changing event. i think it might be the deep sea dragon bubbles.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: drake.2135

drake.2135

Bubbles? I oppose to being killed by bubbles >.<
Gonna be fun at least

“The beginning is the beginning. The end is also the beginning.”
~Drake from Blackgate

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lox.1089

Lox.1089

I’ve been struggling to log in. I’m really just disheartened about this ascended armor fiasco, but despite it I really tried to enjoy the Lost shores event.
Today I find myself bummed out looking at the little icon on my quicklaunch bar and I just don’t feel like it.
I have to go to a dungeon to get the rare drop needed for the new armor, and I don’t do dungeons. I won’t have my arm twisted. Its just really soured me to the whole event, and try as I might to enjoy the new zone… I just find my heart is not really in it.

I loved the halloween event. It was perfect. This event… this is a nightmare.

I love my little Asura characters and got really attached to them. There was so much hope riding on this game being the perfect escape from raiding and grinding games.

I feel adrift… because home, no longer feels like home.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

After all the chaos, bugs, lag, etc I gave up doing any of the scheduled events. I decided I would give the new zone a shot this morning and spent an hour with a group of about 8 people running thru the area. Although I give the artists great credit for making it look great, we killed 4 veterans and 2 champions and we received ZERO drops. In fact, the only thing I’ve gotten in the new zone were a few scales off of the lizards and some passion fruit. I’ve really enjoyed GW2 but this new event/zone is an abortion. It really makes me not want to play anymore which is really sad. Hopefully something is done or I fear the attitude of the player base will really suffer.

Don’t forget the awesome Fractal Dungeon that is complete counter to the original stated vision of the company. Fractal Dungeon sends a strong statement that they will make whatever changes needed to try and stop the loss of player interest. The problem is they are “fixing” the wrong thing.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Moogy.2378

Moogy.2378

Akula, I am in full agreement with you. This new “event” has been an utter disaster, and the new zone is a waste of time as there is little to no reward for running the highly difficult additional area. GW2 is a fantastic game, but ArenaNet really messed up on this event and the balance of difficulty vs. reward for the new zone. When players are more frustrated and angry than having “fun” there’s an obvious problem. I was running the Shores last night with my wife and a friend. I didn’t say anything, and both of them (the friend being hardcore) said multiple times “this is just stupid. What a waste of time.” ArenaNet needs to know this is how some (possibly many) people feel about this event and expansion.

(edited by Moogy.2378)

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Strifetoe.4502

Strifetoe.4502

you killed 6 mobs….. GG

LOL maybe the 7th will be his lucky one?

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Strifetoe.4502

Strifetoe.4502

Akula, I am in full agreement with you. This new “event” has been an utter disaster, and the new zone is a waste of time as there is little to no reward for running the highly difficult additional area. GW2 is a fantastic game, but ArenaNet really messed up on this event and the balance of difficulty vs. reward for the new zone.

I am enjoying it very much, I however dont want free stuff handed on a platter either so that might be it ..idk

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Branwin.4609

Branwin.4609

I went to the “FREE NEW MAP” and there was almost nothing to do. I want to hope that after phase 3 today it will be a bit better after the event takes place, but uh….. not holding my breathe. We will see though— maybe we will be pleasantly surprised. But probably not. But maybe. But no.

The new PvP map and dungeon are great. You can tell their real talent is in their dungeon developing team or whatever. It’s a great new dungeon in my opinion.

I enjoyed being a part of a world altering event (that lighthouse will never be the same) even if it was buggy, laggy and in all actuality, kind of lame. The event, is lame. The NPC’s introduced are so blase. There are next to no rewards and the new mystic forge/commendation stuff is garbage. The “free new map” is so kittening boring. Same boring events with NO rewards, no skill challenges, no hearts, there is NOTHING behind this new event and “free boring new content”. The one thing I do like about the new map is the jumping puzzle, even if I am forced to try it out with a bunch of heifer Norn taking up my precious breathing room.

I don’t even know the story behind this event, besides LA got a bad, bad, BAD case of the crabs.

That being said, I enjoyed being present when things were going down. I think it’s a great idea and in the future when they know what they are doing (because they clearly do not).

As far as “free stuff being handed to us on a platter” I don’t know of anything that isn’t too difficult to get (even legendary weapons—- it’s just a grind) but I also don’t know of too many things in this game that are worth obtaining.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Moogy.2378

Moogy.2378

Sorry Strife, but when you run an area for 1-2 hours and get nothing from it (while also participating in events and downing champions which drop nothing), that’s a waste of time. I find it strange how people feel compelled to defend the fact this new expansion/content is not balanced nor provides reasonable rewards. As many others have mentioned, an hour in Cursed Shores will provide much more reward than what people are obtaining compared to an hour in the new zone.

Branwin; well stated. I agree. It seems the Dungeon and PvP map were well done, but the rest of the content was an afterthought.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zoul.1087

Zoul.1087

If I can make better/different rewards in the cursed shore doing its events. It would be worth it. A rich orich vein is only so good. I can salvage a lot of orich from items. The difficulty in getting the vein is by no means worth it. Also the difficulty of the monsters is also not really worth it, except for maybe the monthly achievement. However at this difficulty the reward better be more than mystic coins and some karma I feel.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Branwin.4609

People are saying the loot is terrible because anyone can be bumped up to 80 and take part in this event but after the weekend is over it will be 80 only, and they speculate the loot will be better. Of course I got my info from the forums—— hahahaha!

Maybe they will put in real activities and a reason to go there, too. But I am kind of hoping they don’t— I still need stuff in Orr! No one is there!! I’m all alone!

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

Sorry Strife, but when you run an area for 1-2 hours and get nothing from it (while also participating in events and downing champions which drop nothing), that’s a waste of time. I find it strange how people feel compelled to defend the fact this new expansion/content is not balanced nor provides reasonable rewards. As many others have mentioned, an hour in Cursed Shores will provide much more reward than what people are obtaining compared to an hour in the new zone.

I don’t know about ANYONE else, but I had an absolute riot in Southsun Cove. Me and a bunch of other people were just following the quests, killing things, and when we ran out of quests, we JUST KEPT GOING. Running around, killing things, it was a WHOLE lot more fun here than it is facing the Risen of Orr. The enemies are more interesting, the scenery is more interesting, and while I admit I didn’t get many good drops (nothing higher than a green), I had fun.

And isn’t that why we’re playing?

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: varonecl.4265

varonecl.4265

I have received one scale and one shoulder guard from this event. I can not say I am happy with the event as I thought the lag, directions, and most things associated to it were horrible. I like the implementation of the Captains Commendation, but that involves the greater game play. I never got to do Noll because he was bugged throughout the entirety and there is nothing keeping in a desire to go to th lost shores as the things attained there are far too low in drop rate and have little significance than the things I could grab from other high level areas where I enjoy the play and drop rates more.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Branwin.4609

I guess that is where “fun” is subjective. I completed the map but to me it seemed incomplete. Both ally and enemy NPC’s are unmemorable and boring, the events beyond the one-time event are just like everything else and bring nothing new to the table, and the scenery is just a cleaner version of Orr anyway, but smaller. I am waiting until phase 3 to tell myself I don’t like it, but so far, I am uninterested and can’t wait until people are back in Orr so I could continue doing what I was doing there.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Now Fanboys will say “You get it for free, you can’t complain”.
Even some F2P MMO’s don’t act like that.

About the event, the One-Time events was a complete failure, I agree. The Bugged NPCs and everything, including the lack of info helped.

I loved the new Dungeon and the new Area is OK, but I wont really come back there, spend more time killing monsters and everything for no drops? Right….

It’s not because this is a free mini-expansion that ANet may not do it right and fix what went wrong.

For now it’s already too late anyways. I Just hope they learn from this one for make an better next one.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: varonecl.4265

varonecl.4265

The lack of direction is one of the worst parts of these events. I thought they would have learned from the Halloween event how that is not an effective strategy especially for timed one off events. Everyone is running around during phase 11 with no idea they needed to wait for the build up of trebuchet which had little to nothing to do with boarding a vessel to take you to the actual event, I don’t care if its free or not

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: sixfeetunder.6508

sixfeetunder.6508

I feel ya. Fighting the vets/champs there and basicaly having to kill them twice to recive next to no loot for the effort. Pointless imo. Maybe it will all change once the 3day event is over and the zone becomes perm. Then again i doubt it lol.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

This event gives Zero reward while the mobs are very hard and easely kill you. Fail arenanet. I’m glad they don’t show as achievements though.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: bjchase.3074

bjchase.3074

My patience was almost zero after Saturday. I thought I would give this one more try today, Sunday. Wtf was I thinking. The event still has culling issues, and it is far away from any waypoint. Worse yet, they removed the nearest waypoint!!!!! Well, nearest viable waypoint. The nearest waypoint has no bridge to the mainland to get back.

Stormbluff Isle
Straight Outta Kryta [KRTA]
I fart in your general direction

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Akula.7642

Akula.7642

Sadly, I have given up. I haven’t logged in for the final episode, and really don’t care. This has really soured my opinion of GW2. After having 2 L80’s and honestly enjoyed the game from day 1, I was hoping that the new event and content would refresh what was become a rather monotonous experience. There is only so much you can do after 80, and my true love was the WvW. A long time DAOC fanboi, I was hoping that WvW would get some love as it just hasn’t had the same fulfillment of past experiences. I’m hoping that ANet will pull some magic out of their hat and fix what has been an abortion of an release, but something has changed in my mind. I just don’t feel it anymore, and even less after this weekend.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jahar Shadowblade.8695

Jahar Shadowblade.8695

Yeah, no waypoints near event, can’t find event, have to wander a long way from waypoint, through mazes with no clear direction, just to get to event. Got to the south shore where the event would have started, long after it left, couldn’t find a waypoint down there, fell of a cliff and died, had to go back to the beginning waypoint at the north part of the island.

I signed in a half an hour before the event, I wandered around until a half an hour after the event began. DId almost nothing, I physically explored a large portion of the map, but no waypoints. Plenty of dead ends and non-obvious ways past obstacles. Map is a complete nightmare in terms of game design: if getting to the battle is more complicated than fighting the battle, this is a design failure.

I finally just signed off in disgust. The Halloween event was fun. This event was not. Horrible planning, horrible design, if you want me to participate in an event at least allow me to participate in the event rather than telling me to wander around the island for half an hour.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Gombar.7324

Gombar.7324

This event have turned out to be one big horrible pile of fish dung. If this is the best they can come up with when implementing a world event that have had so much PR, then I dread for the future of the game!

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Chainheart.6139

Chainheart.6139

This is hilarious… even with 100+ people we’re getting face rolled… literally actually… by these karka and they’re wiping us all. Hmm…, gj Anet

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: wiziwig.3175

wiziwig.3175

im missing football for this crap why?

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Chainheart.6139

Chainheart.6139

At least if I miss an one time event in the future, I won’t feel like I’ve missed much if it keeps up like this.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mike.9451

Mike.9451

To be honest, I don’t understand what we’re supposed to do. Ok I get it, we fight off the monsters and save Tyria. But it there anything else? Are there any special rewards on the island? I fail to see the purpose of the event. The only thing I got from this was a giant repair bill.

Do they want us to run around and mindlessly kill monsters and pretend we’re having fun? I just don’t understand. Am I missing something?

The Halloween event was a thousand times better then this crap. With this event, there was little communication, nothing to do except run around and pretend to have fun, and… I don’t even know if there are any rewards…? Wtf happened ArenaNet?

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Depotboy.6204

Depotboy.6204

you got a free map wich will settle when the big attention is away from it. it will settle. you got a free new map. you have not payed for this map. just wait a bit and i’m pretty sure this map will give beter drops once all people move on again (the majority atleast) saying you dont want to play anymore just because of this is just… sad.

This is a one.time.event. Stop brown nosing. People are more than justified in complaining about this. It has been a disaster.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Atheas.7580

Atheas.7580

I gave up and left. It’s not fun dying multiple times to waves of mobs. The loot doesn’t matter, I bought the game to have fun, this isn’t fun. Wonderful graphics in the zone, beautiful but can’t enjoy it as you’re just trying to survive and running your butt off. When it stops being fun, I for one stop playing. GW2 isn’t fun anymore after this, soured me on the whole game.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: wiziwig.3175

wiziwig.3175

I gave up and left. It’s not fun dying multiple times to waves of mobs. The loot doesn’t matter, I bought the game to have fun, this isn’t fun. Wonderful graphics in the zone, beautiful but can’t enjoy it as you’re just trying to survive and running your butt off. When it stops being fun, I for one stop playing. GW2 isn’t fun anymore after this, soured me on the whole game.

same here. makes me not want to play this game anymore.

I've had enough ...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: kej.2498

kej.2498

Both my wife and me just gave up tonight, we both have decent PC’s and internet but this event has been one huge lagfest and honestly no fun whatsoever.