Just to confirm, I get nothing?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

I played on Friday night tried doing phase I quests which were bugged, was able to finish the first one on Saturday and then spend a few hours on the new island doing the jump puzzle, events, killing stuff. I did not play at all on Sunday, so just wanted to confirm I will get nothing for my participation other than the jug of karma I got for completing the one quest?

If that is case what is even the point of participating in the earlier phases? If I had known you only get rewarded for hitting the final boss I wouldn’t have even bothered with phase I and II.

Please learn something from Rift. Week+ long events. Easy to identify quests that explain the event and then open up daily quests. The daily quests and other small events that occur randomly throughout the world reward event currency. You can then use this event currency to purchase gear (all levels) cosmetic items, and other “fluff”.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

Yes, you get nothing.

Yes, 3 hour one time events are terrible.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tshamblin.9278

Tshamblin.9278

You get nothing! You lose!

Lol, but yeah I did the same thing. I did everything on day 1 and 2, skipped 3 because the first two events were garbage. (A jug of karma and 5 commendations? You can get 8 with 3 whites). Figured I wouldn’t be missing anything special. Boy was I wrong. Trial players were rewarded with more in a few hours than I have been in 200+ hours of play. Sooo sad.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Why are people only thinking about participating in events if they gain something from it?
Why not do it because the event itself is a reward?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lotharic.9513

lotharic.9513

Why are people only thinking about participating in events if they gain something from it?

Then the event should have given a cosmetic, like a piece of shell that could be transmuted onto a back slot, or a title. But instead the event gave an absurdly large reward.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: NickChabby.8907

NickChabby.8907

Why would the event itself be a reward when:
- Half of it is bugged
- Half of the NPC doesn’t work

I really wanted to do Phase 1, but I couldn’t because of the lack of direction and half (if not more) of the NPCs just didn’t work. They suddenly disappeared for Phase 2, which didn’t even started on my server. I waited for 1 hour and a half at Lion Arch waiting for something to happen. I eventually gave up and took the ship to be confronted by the lag of the zerg at Southsun afterward.

Thrust me, I had FUN doing the labyrinth over and over again during Halloween even though it never gave my anything rewarding (never got a single rare from the labyrinth) because it wasn’t bugged and if I got bored, I had two minigames + a jumping puzzle…

But the first two phases of Lost Shores were so buggy, laggy and chaotic that it was just a waste of time. I can’t even call it a good experience lore wise. I could have spent this time in Orr and it would have been more beneficial.

(edited by NickChabby.8907)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tshamblin.9278

Tshamblin.9278

Oh yeah, from what I read the event was such a joy! Lol, my roommate didnt even complain about lag, and he plays on a toaster, he just said the event was boring. And I didn’t do it because football is more enjoyable to watch. And honestly, I assumed this day 3 event would be on par with the garbage they rolled out the previous 2 days. I get I missed out, I’m not asking for anything, but to say this weekends events were good is just plain droning.

The new dungeon is awesome though…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Because we’re a materialistic society where material rewards for their efforts are expected and the only thing that matters. Virtual or not It’s sad I know.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

No you don’t get anything. You didn’t help killing the ancient karka so you won’t be rewarded.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Fransson.7910

Fransson.7910

I’m not sad about not getting anything, if there were anything to be sad about it would simply be that the lag kept me from finishing the ancient karka
There shouldn’t be a need of gaining items to make an event “fun”.

If you add in the investigations from day one into the mix I would say that day one were the best day but I’m still glad I did all the days events. Doing the full event is enough for me to feel satisfied, even if I didn’t get the chance to go all out the last day

There is no waypoint rezzing in real life,
but there are people who will help you get back up when you are downed
- PalwaJoko

(edited by Fransson.7910)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

GW events usually work this way. Progressively increasing in reward and activity until a finale. Any Boss event should have hinted some form of reward.

An exception to this was Halloween, where the “Boss” was in the middle phase. Whereas the final phase, the party, was very underwhelming.

I guess you can’t really predict or expect to know what will be given but if you see any part that involves a boss, I’m sure there’s a nice reward gleaming at the end.

But yeah, I enjoy the participation of these events, more than the reward.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I participated in all of phase 1 and 2, and was even there for the start of phase 3. But after trying my hand at the ancient karka fight and seeing how ridiculous the whole thing was going to be, and knowing that phase 1 and 2 gave no real rewards, I made the logical assumption that phase 3 would have garbage rewards if anything as well, and that the effort required was not remotely worth it. So I left.
Then people are going from 5 commendations to freaking exotics and PRECURSORS!
And then there was the Halloween event to consider. I ran the final phase of that like 20 times, and only got 2 exotics out of the whole thing. The rest was trash.
AND it ran all day long, despite them mentioning a one-time event just like this time.
I assumed it would be the same, that I would just be missing out on some stupid cut-scene and could run the event again later if it turned out to actually give good rewards.

I swear, it’s like they were actively searching for the best ways to anger the most people possible with this.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bubbagrim.6130

Bubbagrim.6130

Biggest waste of time. After not being able to turn in my items that I spent most of the day on and part of the next waiting for NPC’s to spawn. I still can’t believe they took out the phase 1 turn in NPC but extended phase 1… Great game and I mean that but this event was an Epic Fail. I know all the Fan bois out there will jump all over this I could give a &%^#.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

What about the event was a reward in itself? The boring quests with limited background and story? The annoying npcs? The zerging? the lag? The lack of any type of interesting boss mechanics?

Just curious.

Everything in the game offers a reward. Map completion = rewarded. Daily completion = rewarded. I figured if I at least helped out with 2/3 of the event I’d get something for my time. Not sure why that is too much to ask when everything else in the game offers you a reward for your time.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Sorry. You weren’t online during a 3 hour window. So you get nothing.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

No sorry, but don’t feel too bad about it. People on this forum make it sound like everyone who participated in the last event got a precursor. I got two exotics (a spear and some boots), and two rares. And you know what? That’s probably what you would have gotten too. Honestly, if I knew the event would last for three hours straight, I would never have started playing it..

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in The Lost Shores

NickChabby.8907

No sorry, but don’t feel too bad about it. People on this forum make it sound like everyone who participated in the last event got a precursor. I got two exotics (a spear and some boots), and two rares. And you know what? That’s probably what you would have gotten too. Honestly, if I knew the event would last for three hours straight, I would never have started playing it..

And a 12g worth 20 slot box and an exotic trinket. Just gimme those two and I’ll be more than happy.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

And a 12g worth 20 slot box and an exotic trinket. Just gimme those two and I’ll be more than happy.

I use the 20 slot box myself, so that only gave me 12 more slots. And I can’t even remember what the hell an exotic trinket is. In total, I got around 2 gold for playing for three hours..

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: treborIRL.4521

treborIRL.4521

correct sir! and honestly….all this complaining about rewards is INSANE. you missed out on 2 rares 2 exotics – all of which were salvaged because they were already on the TP, lots, for a low price. besdies that was the chest which EVERYONE got a 20slot bag and an accessory that is currently worthless to me, and i got a nice repair bill for the 0 gold i got back in return.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Surkov.4016

Surkov.4016

What’s got me steamed about it is that after the two hours I could play, the lag got so bad with the ancient karka I couldn’t play anymore and got nothing.

in The Lost Shores

NickChabby.8907

I use the 20 slot box myself, so that only gave me 12 more slots. And I can’t even remember what the hell an exotic trinket is. In total, I got around 2 gold for playing for three hours..

Better than getting nothing for playing almost two hours of lagfest you know lol. If you don’t care about the box, it’s a shame but I do, I lack space in my inventory and I’m poor. I would happily take one big free exotic box and exotic karka earrings if it avoids me to pay 15 gold for both, especially considering I took the time to be present at the finale but just couldn’t handle the lag/culling/zergfest until the end. Through that, I got around 12 silver of repair bills. \o/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: treborIRL.4521

treborIRL.4521

i almost didn’t get anything, when the raid was finally at the ancient karka is when the lag really started to kick in so i died….i ran back as fast as my little female human feet could take me, i jumped from the top of the hive cause i was being attacked left and right, luckly when i hit the floor someone rezed me, the ancient karka was at about 1% hp so i dps the ancient for a few secs and got credit

(edited by treborIRL.4521)