Karka and montly acheivement

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: scotty.2560

scotty.2560

Well after the shambles that has been lost shores i gave up on it all early this morning about 10hrs ago ,but upon checking my monthly achievements i just realised you need to complete 7 fractals and kill so many karka`s to get 100%. So anet i ask you this, should we all suffer because basically your new so called showstopping event was a blowout?
Don`t get me wrong i love the game and think you all have done a wonderful job on the game as a whole but hey come on lost shores has been a nightmare for everyone concerned so for those of us that that wouldnt see the event through to the end do we really have to suffer?

CIR Blacktide

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Chrissle.8690

Chrissle.8690

Well after the shambles that has been lost shores i gave up on it all early this morning about 10hrs ago ,but upon checking my monthly achievements i just realised you need to complete 7 fractals and kill so many karka`s to get 100%. So anet i ask you this, should we all suffer because basically your new so called showstopping event was a blowout?
Don`t get me wrong i love the game and think you all have done a wonderful job on the game as a whole but hey come on lost shores has been a nightmare for everyone concerned so for those of us that that wouldnt see the event through to the end do we really have to suffer?

Umm you do realise that Fractals of the mist will stay and the new zone is filled with karkas so you dont need to do the monthly during the event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Harper.6709

Harper.6709

I dont understand the problem here? Theres some complaints in there, but arent directed at anything particular. Are you talking about completing the one-time only event/s? Because those are not required for any achievements at all.

Fractals are a huge success, and every single one of them run smoothly, I have found maybe 1 or 2 bugs, but nothing thats hindered progress or made a map unsuccessful. So you can get those 7 fractals completed easily enough.

And for the Karka kills, theres tons of Karka in Southsun. The entire island is covered in them, and they arent tied to any event or chain. You can happily kill them at your leisure to complete your monthly.

Again, i can see you have a complaint, but you didnt tell us what your complaint actually was. Suffer at what? And how has it been a nightmare? We just dont know. I have enjoyed everything so far except waiting for a treb to be built in Lions Arch while the workers drank beer and then it wasnt even needed or used in the event, lol. Good luck and go get your monthly done

in The Lost Shores

scotty.2560

i`m sorry i get what you are saying my bad and understand what your saying but i should have put it clearer,,, i was so fed up with the whole lost shore event/s that i gave up on it and its contents shame on me i know… so i see i need to do the fractals which i will try hope you can see my point that i`m now forced to do something i really don`t want to do(lost all interest in) to obtain the monthly acheivement that`s my gripe

CIR Blacktide

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Harleh.1958

Harleh.1958

i`m sorry i get what you are saying my bad and understand what your saying but i should have put it clearer,,, i was so fed up with the whole lost shore event/s that i gave up on it and its contents shame on me i know… so i see i need to do the fractals which i will try hope you can see my point that i`m now forced to do something i really don`t want to do(lost all interest in) to obtain the monthly acheivement that`s my gripe

Yeah tell me about it! Last month the game forced me to play WvW, Salvage items and eat candy corn and open trick or treat bags… Now this month they are trying to make me experience new and unique content instead of letting me sit in Orr farming Plinx every day!

I had to do 5 dungeons this month! 5 dungeons!?!? Who on earth can find the time to do 5 dungeon runs over the course of a month. With the average AC run taking 20 minutes thats nearly 2 hours of my time..wasted…well not wasted because I got 300+ tears and over 4g plus 10k karma and some achievement points for completing all the paths…but still! How dare they!

If you don’t want to do Fractals, don’t do it. The monthly is not compulsory. However if you want to the monthly 7 fractals at level 1 with 1 knowledgeable person in your group will take you 2-3 hours at max.

Every month there are hundreds of people that don’t like doing WvW but do it anyway to get their 50 kills for the monthly… and most of them don’t come to the forums to kitten about it. I hope you can see my point that while you may not like fractals it’s not a huge amount of time to invest to get the achievement and it is not A net’s fault for encouraging you to have a go in some new content that they worked very hard on.

(edited by Harleh.1958)

in The Lost Shores

scotty.2560

Yeah tell me about it! Last month the game forced me to play WvW, Salvage items and eat candy corn and open trick or treat bags… Now this month they are trying to make me experience new and unique content instead of letting me sit in Orr farming Plinx every day!

I had to do 5 dungeons this month! 5 dungeons!?!? Who on earth can find the time to do 5 dungeon runs over the course of a month. With the average AC run taking 20 minutes thats nearly 2 hours of my time..wasted…well not wasted because I got 300+ tears and over 4g plus 10k karma and some achievement points for completing all the paths…but still! How dare they!

If you don’t want to do Fractals, don’t do it. The monthly is not compulsory. However if you want to the monthly 7 fractals at level 1 with 1 knowledgeable person in your group will take you 2-3 hours at max.

Every month there are hundreds of people that don’t like doing WvW but do it anyway to get their 50 kills for the monthly… and most of them don’t come to the forums to kitten about it. I hope you can see my point that while you may not like fractals it’s not a huge amount of time to invest to get the achievement and it is not A net’s fault for encouraging you to have a go in some new content that they worked very hard on.

oh sorry you obviously work for anet
How dare us have an actual opinion!!!!! (i was gonna put tosser but i thought better of of it)

CIR Blacktide