Let the final event repeat for 24 hours?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Trei.5203

Trei.5203

Its fine if they do not intend for everyone to be able to experience such content.
The Halloween cutscene was fine.
Its fine if I don’t get to see it myself, the loss was inconsequential.

Its not fine, however, to add chance for incredible rewards at the end of such content, then turn around and say “you, and you… yeah you don’t get to have a chance to get them”.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rauphz.2869

Rauphz.2869

For what? Other major lag and mass disconnect? No. I prefer rewards by email.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aleaf.8174

Aleaf.8174

They should have had bracketed times, AND POST THEM, for 24 hours so groups would be able to get filled. I got into some of the latter ones and their were almost too few doing them.

Anet’s biggest problem is a lack of communication during events like this. People NEED time tables so they can schedule and please for love of god post estimated times of completion. The Ancient Karka event took way too long and it ran into IRL schedules. If you can’t give a rough estimate of when an event will be completed then you didn’t test it enough and thus it shouldn’t be put in live servers. Make a program that runs the event with the maximum amount of players before releasing it.

I 100% agree….people need times for the REAL LIVES….and there needs to be MANY events Occurring over and over for the maximum benefit to all players….and 1 TIME time chest deal….you get that thing 1 time your done….let those of us who haven’t gotten it have our chance. During my 1st attempt at noon PST….it was 4pm by the time the next part of the event was starting and I had to leave to do something important….I had no clue i would be sitting in game playing for that long for a in quote “1 hour Event” my RL kicked in and i realized I couldn’t believe i had been at this for 3 hours already…..

VERY frustrating

I’m gonna go with no. Why should Anet schedule events around everyone? If you got tickets to a free concert and you can’t make it because of your schedule, would you complain about not getting to see it?

And I have no idea how fail your group was but the event ended for me by 2:30 PST. And they never said it was a “1 hour Event.” If you actually READ the post, it’s a “Multi Hour Event.” Multi generally means 2+ hours.

And lastly, you made your choice over doing something IRL or playing the game. Everything has an opportunity cost. You made your choice.

Except it’s not a free concert.

Except it is a free concert. You paid for the game content that was released on August. You are not paying a monthly subscription. You didn’t even know this event would happen when the game came out.

If we were all paying a monthly then yeah, I’d think it’d be appropriate to help those who had problems with the game. This however is FREE content. Think of it as free DLC that so many other games love to charge you for.

No, it’s not a free concert. For you maybe, it is.

Some people support this game in ways other than subscriptions. I know I do. That and promoting the game, spreading word, getting others to start playing, etc.

Did you not buy something with those gems? Did you not get the extra bag/bank slots or the Halloween costumes or the Black Lion Keys? If so then you got exactly what you paid for. Don’t think just cuz you buy gems means you are a paying customer. You pay no subscription. You didn’t buy an expansion for this weekend or anything.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Darani.6075

Darani.6075

I agree with the OP due to the fact that I couldn’t login at all when the event was taking place. I tried to login about every half hour and I was getting connection issues. That means no loot or anything for me due to connection problems to the game.

I must also mention that I had no other problems with the internet connection for other games/services/websites

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

They should have had bracketed times, AND POST THEM, for 24 hours so groups would be able to get filled. I got into some of the latter ones and their were almost too few doing them.

Anet’s biggest problem is a lack of communication during events like this. People NEED time tables so they can schedule and please for love of god post estimated times of completion. The Ancient Karka event took way too long and it ran into IRL schedules. If you can’t give a rough estimate of when an event will be completed then you didn’t test it enough and thus it shouldn’t be put in live servers. Make a program that runs the event with the maximum amount of players before releasing it.

I 100% agree….people need times for the REAL LIVES….and there needs to be MANY events Occurring over and over for the maximum benefit to all players….and 1 TIME time chest deal….you get that thing 1 time your done….let those of us who haven’t gotten it have our chance. During my 1st attempt at noon PST….it was 4pm by the time the next part of the event was starting and I had to leave to do something important….I had no clue i would be sitting in game playing for that long for a in quote “1 hour Event” my RL kicked in and i realized I couldn’t believe i had been at this for 3 hours already…..

VERY frustrating

I’m gonna go with no. Why should Anet schedule events around everyone? If you got tickets to a free concert and you can’t make it because of your schedule, would you complain about not getting to see it?

And I have no idea how fail your group was but the event ended for me by 2:30 PST. And they never said it was a “1 hour Event.” If you actually READ the post, it’s a “Multi Hour Event.” Multi generally means 2+ hours.

And lastly, you made your choice over doing something IRL or playing the game. Everything has an opportunity cost. You made your choice.

A concert involves REAL LIVING PEOPLE. NPCS aren’t that! Events are automated! How do people even consciously compare this to real life without comparing every other aspect like automation and actual life?

I think you’re missing the point. They had a scheduled time event that was announced plenty for everyone. I had no questions as what to do. If I did, I just checked the 1 of 900 posts on the internet. It was announced ahead of time so those who wanted to participate can plan around it. If you can’t, then you made your choice. You chose your work, girlfriend/boyfriend, father, son, etc over doing the event that was emphasized to be only 1 time.

Everything has an opportunity cost and you are NOT entitled to anything.

It’s not so much about whether I got to do this event or not, it’s about the direction ANet is going with their game decisions. If this continues, then every single ONE TIME event EVER, will be at 4am local time. Why should I care about anything else they say if they don’t care now? Heck, they haven’t cared about Rangers since launch!

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: asobinin.5467

asobinin.5467

VERY frustrating

And was this event so awesome? Was it worth it for Anet to piss off so many of it’s player base? Anet could’ve easily designed it so that many many more could’ve enjoyed it. But they didn’t.

And this isn’t a free concert. We paid for the ticket. People, please stop getting fooled by the notion of free content update, because it isn’t. The cost for the update has already been factored in.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Winter.1475

Winter.1475

Yes, having the final event be 24 hours would be great — especially given this was the precedent set in Guild Wars 1, when events would run approximately every 2 hours.

Given the myriad of crash bugs, random freezes, lag spikes, etc. that occur during these large events, having only one shot at doing the event is really just an exercise in frustration & a monumental waste of time. Even more frustrating was the lack of communication from the Anet team — I understand that this was the weekend and what staff there was did their best, but there really needed to be better communication between the staff and player base about what was going on, or for these events to run during a time when all hands were on deck, so to speak.

Just adding my voice to the chorus here. Better planning, testing, and communication from staff members would have helped a LOT.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: catando.3516

catando.3516

I was up first thing this morning for this event and got nothing but lag, it was so laggy i couldnt move or do anything, all my things were flashing but nothing was happening. I got up to killing the Ancient Karka and my server crashed and it than took over a hour to log back in. Seriously what a waste of over 2 hours, not happy at all :/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: grizzlebizzle.9371

grizzlebizzle.9371

VERY frustrating

Except it is a free concert. You paid for the game content that was released on August. You are not paying a monthly subscription. You didn’t even know this event would happen when the game came out.

If we were all paying a monthly then yeah, I’d think it’d be appropriate to help those who had problems with the game. This however is FREE content. Think of it as free DLC that so many other games love to charge you for.

Some people support this game in ways other than subscriptions. I know I do. That and promoting the game, spreading word, getting others to start playing, etc.

Did you not buy something with those gems? Did you not get the extra bag/bank slots or the Halloween costumes or the Black Lion Keys? If so then you got exactly what you paid for. Don’t think just cuz you buy gems means you are a paying customer. You pay no subscription. You didn’t buy an expansion for this weekend or anything.

That is a pretty bogus argument. You could make the very same argument even for subscription based MMOs. The only thing your $15 a month in a sub based MMO guarantees you is continued access to the servers (whenever they happen to be up). Not content. They will continue to draw money even if they aren’t releasing a patch that month, or have no plans to release a patch ever again. So hey, if the content doesn’t work you have no right to complain. It’s like a free concert!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tea Badger.6425

Tea Badger.6425

bump for reissue of event! come on people sign the petition!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

nope. as far as im concerned i did the event 2.5 times. not doing that nonsense again. how about you mail me the reward that you jipped me out of.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Inty.6320

Inty.6320

Yes please! This would take away at least a bit of the pain, even though the idea for the event was great, the execution not so.

in The Lost Shores

Aleaf.8174

VERY frustrating

That is a pretty bogus argument. You could make the very same argument even for subscription based MMOs. The only thing your $15 a month in a sub based MMO guarantees you is continued access to the servers (whenever they happen to be up). Not content. They will continue to draw money even if they aren’t releasing a patch that month, or have no plans to release a patch ever again. So hey, if the content doesn’t work you have no right to complain. It’s like a free concert!

Cept you’re paying $15 a month PLUS the initial purchase of the game as opposed to what we did with ANet. We just paid a flat fee. Any extra purchase was on you.

And unfortunately that’s not how the business model works. No one would pay $15 a month for MMOs without constant content releases. If people did, you’d see a lot more subscription based games.

in The Lost Shores

Aleaf.8174

VERY frustrating

And was this event so awesome? Was it worth it for Anet to piss off so many of it’s player base? Anet could’ve easily designed it so that many many more could’ve enjoyed it. But they didn’t.

And this isn’t a free concert. We paid for the ticket. People, please stop getting fooled by the notion of free content update, because it isn’t. The cost for the update has already been factored in.

Incorrect. You did NOT pay for the ticket. You paid for the game that came with a free ticket. You got your game. Your game was all content released in August.

in The Lost Shores

grizzlebizzle.9371

VERY frustrating

Cept you’re paying $15 a month PLUS the initial purchase of the game as opposed to what we did with ANet. We just paid a flat fee. Any extra purchase was on you.

And unfortunately that’s not how the business model works. No one would pay $15 a month for MMOs without constant content releases. If people did, you’d see a lot more subscription based games.

Yea nobody is going to be buying gems and expansions for a game that doesn’t do any content releases either. So what is your point? In neither case are you directly paying for content. But in either case they better release content on a regular basis if they want to continue to make any money off the game. Otherwise people will lose interest and stop playing. Then they won’t get any money no matter which model they are using. The model has nothing to do with it. Either way people have a right to complain about broken content.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: sigh.5769

sigh.5769

Yea, would be great if they ran the event again. Was about to jump in at the start (which was at 10pm so event would’ve ended after midnight), then realized (a) the next day was a work day and (b) i still had errands to do.

The Mad King events ran for a day per phase at least, why not this one?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

Re-run the event kitten Anet. Stop screwing with us SEA and Oceanic people…

BG LA Best LA !!!

in The Lost Shores

Aleaf.8174

Yea nobody is going to be buying gems and expansions for a game that doesn’t do any content releases either. So what is your point? In neither case are you directly paying for content. But in either case they better release content on a regular basis if they want to continue to make any money off the game. Otherwise people will lose interest and stop playing. Then they won’t get any money no matter which model they are using. The model has nothing to do with it. Either way people have a right to complain about broken content.

No one buys gems for content releases. You buy gems for the cool things from the Gem Shop. There’s a difference. I haven’t had to spend gems on a content release. Did you pay gems for this weekend event? Where was this? I never had to do it.

It also seems rather weird to pay the price of a single player game and demand regular updates and working content and catering for a subscription based game.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: han.9042

han.9042

Another 24 hours means more lags and disconnections and some still won’t get the event done.

Fix it so when we get disconnected or crashed, give us 10 mins to get back into the game, on the same server. This way we can continue from where we were left off and not have to restart everything over and over. This will also solve the problem with people not being able to get back into fractals and it will surely help in future events.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: asobinin.5467

asobinin.5467

Good for you Aleaf.8174 that you are happy with the incomplete game you paid for back in August. That’s not the concert I paid for.

I expect Anet to do a better job, and any defects in their game be fixed promptly. Because if things are left shoddy, Anet would not see my money for future expansion packs.

The cost for the seemingly “free content” we just got isnt’ actually free. The cost of it has already been calculated in the initial box price, or, will be recouped later. Nothing is free boy. We all pay the price at some point, so stop dancing around over this mystical free stuff.

in The Lost Shores

grizzlebizzle.9371

No one buys gems for content releases. You buy gems for the cool things from the Gem Shop. There’s a difference. I haven’t had to spend gems on a content release. Did you pay gems for this weekend event? Where was this? I never had to do it.

It also seems rather weird to pay the price of a single player game and demand regular updates and working content and catering for a subscription based game.

Yea you don’t pay subscription fees for content either. All you are guaranteed is continued access to the game. They release what content they want, when they want. Your $15 has nothing to do with that. You aren’t directly buying the content in either case. So it is a stupid argument.

In the end none of these companies are developing new content just because they want to be nice guys. It is about retaining customers so they buy gems or continue to pay their subscription fee or whatever. So everybody has a right to complain if it doesn’t work. It is not a gift.

in The Lost Shores

Aleaf.8174

Good for you Aleaf.8174 that you are happy with the incomplete game you paid for back in August. That’s not the concert I paid for.

I expect Anet to do a better job, and any defects in their game be fixed promptly. Because if things are left shoddy, Anet would not see my money for future expansion packs.

The cost for the seemingly “free content” we just got isnt’ actually free. The cost of it has already been calculated in the initial box price, or, will be recouped later. Nothing is free boy. We all pay the price at some point, so stop dancing around over this mystical free stuff.

Except you didn’t pay for anything past release in august. You did not know content existed or not. No one did. Did you know we’d have multiple events coming up? It’s possible to speculate and expect it, but actually KNOWING there’d be content is a whole different story.

Was this content written out on the box somewhere? Or on the manual? Or posted on the forums when the game was released? Is there some form of list missing?

Did you KNOW the Karka event would happen? Are you a wizard?

Yeah you’re just as ridiculous as everyone else complaining about an event that was emphasized, advertised and executed as a ONE TIME EVENT that no one knew we’d get awesome rewards for, despite it being 3 hours long. It was only AFTER we found out we got awesome stuff people started complaining. People who stayed with the event and did the whole thing, giving up what they had to do.

I know a handful of people who took some time off for this. Wouldn’t suddenly letting this event run multiple times be a slap to them? Wouldn’t they be mad as it was falsely advertised?

So do yourself a favor and start asking yourself “Do I deserve to get such awesome loot? Or am I just self entitled because I worked about 3 hours at my job to pay for this game that I have more than ~150 hours logged on?” Forget that most games where you pay $60 comes with less content than this. Forget that most games don’t even have events on this scale.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kelevandos.5438

Kelevandos.5438

Ok, here is the idea – ANet re-runs the event and lets the ppl get their lost chests. But lets give them time, say, a week, so the event could be re-run the next weekend. That way they will be able to ensure noone gets more chests then intended (thus preserving the game economy) and, hopefully, tackle the time-zone issues.

Sounds fine?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

In the interest of fairness and equality then, run for 24 hours and do the following:

1. Mail chest to those who got disconnected
2. Let those who do event get chest if not done on account before… Account, not char
3. Remove double,triple,quadruple rewards that some players got by relogging an alt and going to an overflow where event was still ongoing…

I feel that everyone here wants fairness so that all get loot, but i slso feel many posters here surely are loot kittens from category 3 above who semi-exploited this event and are greedy to grt more exos/precursors… Have no sympathy for them and would like for Anet to remove their excess loot too if they are going to mail out rewards to those that got disconnected/missed it.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jennytheturtle.8659

Jennytheturtle.8659

I think the event should be run 4 – 6 times a day at equal intervals apart and limit it to one chest per player. That way, more chances for everyone to play and people don’t get heaps of awesome loot.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: atkecar.6952

atkecar.6952

my wote goes to this or that we recived chest in the mail…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: CforKat.8701

CforKat.8701

I completely agree with the OP. Let the world event run for 24 hours, and make it so that accounts who have already opened the chest once cannot do so again, only one chest per account. That would be fair to those people (like myself) who spent so much time on this event and did not get any reward from it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Thunderhead.5736

Thunderhead.5736

Repeat the event for those with different timezones please

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Repeat event for all players today

Repeat event every weekends. No, really - what is wrong here? Nothing!

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: dudikoff.3645

dudikoff.3645

This should be done. Repeat the event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nene Zen.7308

Nene Zen.7308

/agree
repeat 24 hours

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: udoh.5307

udoh.5307

Signed. My Wife and I both got D/C during the event, and we unable to get back into a server that we could get back into the event. Other parties members finished and got the loot. A re-run is a very good idea.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: mnzzz.4570

mnzzz.4570

VERY frustrating

Wrong again, you simple-minded creature you. But I love how you tried to use logic to try and justify that Anet is in no way obligated to make this game enjoyable for those who bought it, regardless of when it happens, despite the fact that they guaranteed us they would.

These events weren’t made for free-loading gamers like you; they were made to expand the playerbase. More players equals more gem store customers equals more money for them. From a business perspective, failing to take care of those who remain loyal to your brand, whether they directly generate income or not, is wrong.

(edited by mnzzz.4570)