Liking / Disliking [Constructive Feedback]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: GregT.4702

GregT.4702

So far, about this event…
I’m liking:

• Storyline and storytelling
  • Quality of in-game communication about event (through mails et cetera)
  • Quality of out of game communication about how event is intended to play (forum, wiki, site for event, etc)
  • Fractals of the Mists first impressions, particularly diversity of content and gorgeous level art

I’m disliking:

• Abysmal quality assurance of event, and buggy coding.
    – The Karka Invasion event in Lion’s Arch was unplayable due to server-side issues. Got to watch a bunch of stuff die very slowly and jerkily while my skills refused to fire.
    - Canach is bugged. (I’m on Yak’s Bend.)
    - The Largos is bugged.
    - As a result both these major quest lines cannot be progressed.
    - Could not join party members in Lion’s Arch because their overflows were full.
    - Could not play Karka attack events in Caledon Forest as Karka will not render.
    - Entering a fractal strips my food buff.
    - On party wipe in a fractal sometimes not all of party are able to resurrect.
  • New Mystic Flush mechanic to receive commendations.
    - Commendations seem worthless. Why would anyone flush enough stuff to get one of those exotic Lionguard weapons when you can buy a comparable weapon on the TP for 1.5 gold, or get the same skin for ~60k karma?
  • Consortium chests.
    - Once again drop rates are poor and the rewards are underwhelming.

Guys, I realise it’s hard to beta test events because you can’t get a realistic number of players online at once without spoiling the surprise. But if you can’t QA your event content better than this maybe you should just leave them alone and focus on things that won’t screw up within half an hour of going live? Especially if it’s only a three day event and a couple of hours of bugs are going to kill a significant percentage of the event’s running time.

UPDATE: As at 7 hours into event Canach and the Largos are still bugged on my server. That’s now over 1/8th of the total event time that the two major casual quest chains have been unplayable. I still like the idea of the event, and I still think the art, design and writing staff have done a great job on it, but the cripplingly poor technical implementation just completely overshadows that. No matter how much I want to like the event I just can’t when it’s not playable. If you can’t QA this stuff properly, or at least have a hell of a hotfix team standing by when it goes live, then don’t release as a time-limited event.

(Edit: Someone retitled my thread to include “Constructive Feedback”! Thank you, I guess?)

(edited by GregT.4702)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I was mostly kinda surprised that 10 of no matter what quality items always = same reward. I put in 3x 10 400 food items (excess crap I have had for a long time – so no huge loss for me) and only received one commedation. That seems quite incorrect considering the low level/simple items give the same reward.

I understand its supposed to be a weekend “item dump” for people to throw excess items they make during the weekend or prior I suppose. But just seems weird it doesn’t scale a little bit.

I didn’t really encounter any issues with the Scavenger’s hunt on Ferguson’s Crossing though. Nobody was bugged, yet.

The lag I understand it happens, but hope to see it dealt with for the other events.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ryuu Alexandros.5247

Ryuu Alexandros.5247

Now this is good feedback.

People saying “omg lag so bad event bugged eff you!” is getting old already, and it doesn’t really accomplish anything.

The way you detail what they did right and what they did wrong, on the other hand, is well-put, thoughtful, and hopefully Anet can use it to adjust their events in the future. I commend you, sir!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

I didn’t see the karka attack because I was still at work. I was kinda expecting to die when I logged in (I always log out for the day in LA) or see a crapton of damage done to LA. Only the lighthouse is damaged. Kinda anti-climatic.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Preech.2671

Preech.2671

I logged in and had some mail. I read all the mail and went to Lion’s Arch, talked to people with Stars and felt completely lost. Tried looking at wreckage to investigate and it didn’t seem to have any point to it. I did one of the Fractal dungeon things. I just really don’t understand what to do, or what I’m going to get from doing it.

Also, I looked up a few pages on the wiki, and the fractal page that Anet posted prior to today. I’m definitely confused.

Scramblerx – Engineer

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Catrenna.4298

Catrenna.4298

I absolutely hate that if I freeze in FotM, that I can’t rejoin my group and they have to 4 man the fractal.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

The only thing i can really suggest , is that they create a test server and test this stuff before it goes live. This is a complete bugfest.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Regizer.1763

Regizer.1763

Ah a good constructive feedback thread instead of “MEMEMEMEME” complain posts

This is my first event somewhat on time and I like the story/mystery so far.

Obvious dislike are the bugs that prevent me to continue but I know it will get fixed soon.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sir Spankolot.4063

Sir Spankolot.4063

Tonights events have so far been a complete fail – every one of them! The battle at Lion’s Arch: after the cinematic I got placed in a overflow server that lagged like hell, was disconnected and when i eventually got back into an unplayable battle I received no rewards. I then followed the investigation quest and met Subdirector Noll who dissapeared, never it seems to respawn … I then received mail informing me of a second invasion of Karka in Caledon forest. In travelling to the waypoint I was once again placed in an overflow server – whereupon I found a lot of invisible dead players and invisible enemies that I could not fight. I was then asked to travel to the main server and in doing so witnessed what looked like Karka materialising out of nowhere and then instantly die. Obviously I had missed the event and for all my troubles tonight for the last two hours or so, I have recieved no rewards and lost several silver travelling between places for apparently no reason whatsoever ….

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Faden Pain.4275

Faden Pain.4275

There isn’t one redeeming quality with regard to this event. The various NPC’s you need to see are either bugged, or the area is overwhelmed with players which leads to either a crash, or renders the game effectively unplayable.

This “event” reminds me of Evercamp…er Everquest. Hundreds of players all camped in the same area, waiting for the boss/mob they need to respawn. Hopefully they get the kill, if not, continue waiting.

This event is abysmal, I personally do not plan to even attempt further participation. I see no point in undergoing the frustration. And for the record, I don’t really care about the rewards, if any, simply being able to play through the event would be reward enough for me. Sure a reward would be nice, but its not the main object for me.

This would have been nice in an instanced form…or even with “instances” of a hundred? players?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Guppy.6541

Guppy.6541

I’m impressed the servers survived!

I hope that the next zone isn’t just karka monsters (based on the event). I almost prefer the undead…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ryan.8021

Ryan.8021

Wow just wow. It took 40 min to repel the kraka attack and i get ONE SILVER!!! WTF

Constructive criticism #1: Massive 1 time world events should have better awards…oh and no chest either
#2: Upgrade your servers. Free weekend + one time event = lag. Should have anticipated this arenanet.
#3: Fix Canath in the scavenger hunt…its bugged.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

Was stuck on mystic forge … couldn’t get combinations to work. So that part was frustruating. But finally bought some armor and got 160 commendations. So that was nice and the battle was fun.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Makovorn.1706

Makovorn.1706

I’m all for new content and I’m really thankful for ArenaNet’s hard work. However, it’s a great pity that the one-time event components are so incredibly unplayable, due to many progress-stopping bugs and of course, server-side lag.

With ArenaNet trying to lure players towards these events (and with the invite-a-friend ongoing), I just cannot see how they couldn’t have anticipated massive player server load during these events.

I’ll revisit the content tomorrow – hopefully ArenaNet will have ironed out the wrinkles. For now, all we can do is be patient – and hope that this doesn’t reflect too badly for the new players.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bear Chief.3896

Bear Chief.3896

Entire servers cant advance through the event because of bugged npcs. So right now first impressions are low. Hopefully the fix it soon.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

The karka events are stupid. You can’t see them and it just feels like Cursed Shore 2.0 because there’s so much AoE going off, its ridiculous.

Sometimes I wonder if other MMO’s way of doing quests was better – yeah the enemies were standing around, but you at least knew wtf to do and you could see them, and you generally always got full credit because each player would get the quest in their quest log.

Also, the fractal bags are meh. Oh yay, I get to have a 20 slot bag that puts exotics before anything else in it..yeah, I haven’t gotten one exotic as a drop ever in this game.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Arth.2389

Arth.2389

finally something in GW2 that is worthy of GW1

maybe there is still hope for this game

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

The in-game mail that gives you a vague idea of where the objectives are is really well done. The Halloween clues were far too vague to bother with, and I went straight to looking the locations up. This time, however, I was sure enough about being in the right ballpark to do the hunting and puzzle solving on my own.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kor.5683

Kor.5683

Honestly, I think it might be a bit early for a thread like this. … … … I’m sure ArenaNet’s doing all they can to fix what needs to be fixed.

I am not, by any means, trying to be a kitten. But here’s a perspective.

Since this is an One-Time event:
1. This kind of feed back is needed.
2. ANet QA people(if there is any) should have made sure and tested that all the event contents are working properly. Many players have been dealing with the NPCs getting bugged, mostly for skill challenge NPCs that I’ve seen. They should have known by now that a lot of people are putting up with bugged NPCs, but also getting frustrated. And the NPC for One-Time event is getting bugged, some of these players are fed up with the BS and are ready to move on.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

I was able to figure out some of the questing with the beach items and the Consortium, which was kind of cool and I felt good about that. It’s funny how people want to be told every little step and not figure things out. Following directions isn’t exactly fun or a game.

The live invasion lag was pretty bad and I’m disappointed about that.

The commendations you can make seem completely worthless. Not sure how anyone thought that was a good idea. None of the items you can get with them are unique or special, so why bother? There are much easier ways to get these items.

The obstacle is the path.

in The Lost Shores

xtorma.1283

Well this thread went quickly from constructive to complaining.

what exactly do you expect people to say?

I can’t suggest to them how to fix thier coding. I can’t teach them how to anticipate numbers, they have all that data.

I’ll start over

What i like…Well the cut scene wasn’t bad

I can’t comment on the invasion, because i lagged the entire time.
I can’t comment on the scavanger hunt because it is bugged.
I can’t comment on the dungeon, because i keep getting kicked from it, and then I have to start over.

What i dislike

blingg is the most annoying npc ever devised.
I keep getting mail every time I zone.
The mystic forge/badge thing is just a reason to pull money from the economy.
I can’t see the invaders until they are already dead.

This i gleaned from about 1.2 hours of trying my best to like this event.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sorry.6741

Sorry.6741

In all honesty, I mostly log on for events now. I havent really played since the halloween event and so I logged in today about an hour in advance anticipating the events opening battle. For me, the events are important, because I find the dungeon token grind no fun, and I dont want to grind the same events for karma either so, a lot of the “endgame” isnt my cup of tea. That leaves alts, and events. I already have 2 toons at 80 and alot of the maps completed. So events are the main reason GW2 is still installed on my pc.

When the event started and the lag was so bad it felt like autoattack wasnt working, mobs kind of warped out of the blue either away or towards you, and you had no way of actively dodging away in a timed manner, it stopped being fun. – I handing 11 samples in iirc, and then spend another 20+ minutes looking at the event timer hoping whatever came next would be better.

Problem: Events are a major part of gw2, its also something we anticipate (for now) and log in to participate in (on your encouragement) – Massive lag due to the amount of people there should not be tolerated by Arenanet. – Either distribute players differently or put the events in several places at the same time so people can travel by themselves to lesser populated cities, instead of this massive Zerg fest in LA.

After the Karka events timer went out, a cutscene with the boss Karka went across my screen, and I watched him jump into the harbor. – For about 5 seconds I thought: Great! Water boss battle galore – but no, apparently he jumped out of the water to wave at us, then back in the water to go back home, and this was the culmination of the fight.

Problem: The event seemed anticlimactic. There was no heroic sense of anything. The lag didnt help but more importantly we didnt get to even dent out weapons on this big guy. Why not? even if we dont get to kill him, you could make the event much more interesting by letting us experience a true culmination, rather than watching an event bar timer run out. Thats not very good storytelling imo.

After the Karka boss cutscene, we werent going off to fight him in his little dungeon aka halloween event cutscene, instead we went back to the Piazza and chat with the scientists there. This is fine, its actually not a bad idea at all to have scavenging like quests.

Problem: When your events run over 2-3 days, you have to design them and respect the knowledge you have about the player load through the various quest steps. Players will flock to them to get them done in time. – It isnt acceptable for a quality title to have so many important npc’s bug out across all servers effectively cutting off player progress. – It can be very dissapointing to people who cant babysit the event the entire 3 days to see when the bugs are fixed and jump in before they bug out again. – In my opinion you absolutely MUST quality test your event chains better than you did for this events day 1.

My opinion is that the game overall hasnt got tons of content to attract steady game play – I have played 300 hours or so since release and Im bored. I dont consider all content apropriate for me, and my sense of a great time in game. So, what keeps me paying attention is the promise of monthly events/content patches. Big or small, that sounds interesting to me. – If you dont do a better job at ensuring the lag issue doesnt reoccur on your end, and if you dont bug test your content better before releasing it, that incentive for me (and the others like me, you know how many there are of us better than I do Im sure) is lost, and the game just sits there till the SSD needs a little more diskspace cleared.

Anyway, gluck with the rest of the event, Ill see you on the christmas one, – thats the deciding one for me I reckon.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

What’s not to like about additional content? If I disagree with it, then it’s an easy decision not to involve myself in it — no biggie.

I am (as are others), however, disappointed with the initial event — especially with the “hype” given; ANet seriously needs to re-think their network infrastructure when planning such.

The skins (first thing I checked) were also disappointing. I wasn’t about to gamble with boxes again, but I was planning to spend a good 50g+ on “unique skins”…. only to discover they’re rather “bleh” looking, and, from what I can tell, still doesn’t include a mace! If the skins can potentially come from spending $$$, then they should be given some proper attention (like some of the Halloween ones).

I haven’t tried much else, however, but I will soon enough. ;P If I don’t care for it, then that’s fine — maybe others will.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

Still at work, I feel like I never missed out on anything… lol

Seriously, if it is a one time event, anet also has a one time shot at doing it right.
And to think people cut school, called in sick to work, broke up with their GF/BF, whatever for this. It’s just going to piss people off.
Don’t take your fan base for granted.

(edited by Asumita.2174)

in The Lost Shores

xtorma.1283

Well for one I expect them to say nothing if they have nothing constructive to add. But then again this is MMO forums, so I’m not surprised to see the quality of some posts.

By constructive you mean positive right? because negative critique is not constructive right?

How about this.

while i was lagging through the event, I noticed how pretty the water looks while i was teleporting from one place to another. The mystic forge was great fun, i can buy the exact same gear i can get from the karma merchants but I don’t have to use that annoying free waypoint, very convienent. The scavanger hunt was awsome, I am sure the end will be even better, once I am able to finish it…whenever that is.

The dungeon was very challenging. The mobs have this ability to freeze you in place and kick you from the dungeon, so you have to join another group and start over. It really raises the difficulty bar.
the best thing of all though, is that maybe ioj and blackgate will be so tied up in this fantastic, awe inspiring display of computer enginering expertise, that they won’t show up for the wvw reset and we can take an early lead!

Also i think i saw a unicorn and a rainbow.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dignarus.3794

Dignarus.3794

I played through from start to finish on the event. Had the same lag as everyone else. took 45 minutes (approx) on Kaineng. Got the same rewards I would get from a standard DE down in Cursed Shore.

I really thought they would make this into a serious home run hit to ‘re-unveil’ the potential enjoyment that is GW2. Came off more like a foul ball. I may try tomorrow’s event but if something else comes up (like raking leaves) I think I’ll stick with that.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Regizer.1763

Regizer.1763

Well for one I expect them to say nothing if they have nothing constructive to add. But then again this is MMO forums, so I’m not surprised to see the quality of some posts.

By constructive you mean positive right? because negative critique is not constructive right?

How about this.

while i was lagging through the event, I noticed how pretty the water looks while i was teleporting from one place to another. The mystic forge was great fun, i can buy the exact same gear i can get from the karma merchants but I don’t have to use that annoying free waypoint, very convienent. The scavanger hunt was awsome, I am sure the end will be even better, once I am able to finish it…whenever that is.

The dungeon was very challenging. The mobs have this ability to freeze you in place and kick you from the dungeon, so you have to join another group and start over. It really raises the difficulty bar.
the best thing of all though, is that maybe ioj and blackgate will be so tied up in this fantastic, awe inspiring display of computer enginering expertise, that they won’t show up for the wvw reset and we can take an early lead!

Also i think i saw a unicorn and a rainbow.

I’m thankful you typed out all that just for me but no, constructive doesn’t mean only positive. Though it seems the posts I was talking about were already deleted by mods.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: dissection.9482

dissection.9482

Just remove the skill ability “cause lag for 30 secs” from the Karkas next time and you will be fine

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I like the story and the hunt for information we are sent on. As soon as the bugs/lag gets sorted, I’m sure it will be great fun.

Personally, I would like for events to be spread out a bit more. As far as I’m concerned the Halloween event could last the entire month of October. That gives everyone time to complete things and when you spend that much time working on content you might as well have it on enough for people to enjoy it.

This event, I would have preferred it last at least a couple of weeks. Most of your players would probably prefer one time things to be on weekends. You could have spread this over 3 Saturdays for example. Then less NA people would miss the start and less Oceanic people would miss the finale. And have LA attacked in waves. Perhaps every couple of hours all day on that first Saturday. That way things could be spread out. You could have had the lighthouse destroyed at the end of the day Saturday.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Adam Baum.6170

Adam Baum.6170

This is only the second event. It will get better over time. I hope we have another event soon (before Xmas) as a test… the Special (server & bug test) Day Event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MoikPEI.8729

MoikPEI.8729

Even with how today’s event went, I feel ArenaNet is the most capable triple-A developer running right now. I’m still going to buy the expansion if/when there is one. I’m still going to sprint between undiscovered points of interest and sit around to listen to idle NPC chatter in the evenings. However, for one-time events specifically, this killed my interest for participating in others ones in the future.

I expect there’s a few people in ArenaNet who can already give the exact same notes I’m about to give (and they can probably do it better with citations), or you may even have data that directly contradicts me. I don’t know, but I wanna throw it out there in case they’re busy with other things and aren’t available, or the data doesn’t contradict me and no one has had time to check.

I have a feeling a lot of the bugs people are encountering en-masse today are unavoidable. Probably technology simply hasn’t advanced far enough to handle the level of stress we all provide. Some kind of limit of hardware physics. All I was seeing was what other players were doing. For my way of playing, “what other players are doing” is the least important piece of information I need. I primarily want to know what the enemy is doing to me, and then I want to be able to do things back to the enemy. A combo field is a nice bonus, but the bonus is moot if I have no enemies onscreen to affect with it. If there are processing priorities, please shift them around.

But anyways, more specifically, I question the business value of one-time events to begin with. Save yourselves some development overhead and just don’t enter those waters. I took time off work to be in for the opening salvos. But this was strongly disappointing. It was not worth it. Judging by the other threads there’s a decent vocal minority in the same boat.

If the extent, bulk, or even core of an event is outside anyone’s usable play time, you’re reducing your potential market for premium/secondary upsells. The key hook should ideally be able to be leveraged against any potential consumer. Unknown one-time events are very “come-as-you-are” since there’s no information to use for optimizing your character. If there was events others had done, and they had passed on knowledge I can use, that will drive me to make to BLTC transactions to smooth my run.

Me, as an individual customer, if I were to tailor my experience, I would want no oops-you-missed-it or oops-it-didn’t-work events and only events that I can savour by retrying them and getting good at them. I feel like that’s what will keep me interested and returning consistently enough that I would be playing often enough to rationalize things like gem purchases to myself.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: GamerToukotsu.4219

GamerToukotsu.4219

I’ve noticed a lot of negative feedback about the one-time event that took place today. While I was very disappointed that the server was lagging so terribly, I would just like to say you guys did a really good job on it.

• In future events, please span them throughout the zone. Do not isolate them within one section of the zone. It felt as if the mobs should have been located on both beaches.
  • If a title is to be awarded based on the amount of items turned in to someone and its a one time title, it should be on a single item turn in rather than a certain amount. Based on the testimonies of players there seems to have been a title for turning in 10 samples but, many people were unable to get more than 3 due to excessive lag.
  • Additional internal testing which QA and Developers running side by side through the complete event should take place to help squash as many bugs as possible. The more eyes you have on something the easier it is to spot the most obvious bugs.

Just my 2 cents.

Illusory Ally [TFD]
Illusionary Ally [TFD]
Devona’s Rest

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

I’m loving:
- The concept of the Karka invading lions arch! Getting to fight things in the streets again, awesome.
- The questy-style scavenger hunt.
- Seeing the members of the Captains Council and having a nice chinwag with a few of them (I’ve been wondering where they were for ages now).
- The pre-event party in LA where Gandara’s community came together
- The pacing of the first day’s action.
- The Fractal weapon skins!!!

I’m really not fond of:
- The crippling lag.
- The NPC voice bites repeating constantly.
- Borked NPCs
- The fact that the consortium chests can’t be made in the mystic forge like the Halloween ones could.
- Various little bugs and niggles relating to the Karka and how you can’t see them sometimes.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

On the dislikes, I only agree on the Karka event and NPCs being bugged. That was VERY poorly handled and with the beta testing we’ve been through, I really did not expect that horrid lag spikes. And NPCs vital to quest not responding? come on…

I LOVE the dungeon. Sorry, can’t say it enough. TY TY TY.

My ONLY concern is the ascended gear. Granted, I will be able to afford the gear when I finally need it. However, the implications for WvW…idk. There really needs to be a method for attaining ascended gear (preferably using badges of honor). Or simply reduce the stats…the dungeon is great WITH OUT IT.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Chris Starflame.1023

Chris Starflame.1023

The planning, design, and story are really nice. And I was REALLY looking forward to it. But, there’s just too many bugs. The lag- fine, I could get past that, I lag a lot. But, the largos, Canath, Myani’s mail, and getting kicked out of the dungeon, you can do better than this! You need more testers (edit: I volunteer!). You need to just iron out the last bits. I’m just… sad.

“Fire the gun, Cobiah”
“Physics will do the rest.”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

Thought it has sucked. I’m on Pikens Square. Two npcs are bugged. The so called event was lagged terribly. I’ll try the dungeon tomorrow. Compared to the Halloween event this is terrible.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Well I think the karka fight at the beginning could have been interesting.

I had a karka trying to chew off my face for an extended period of time, and my weapons were doing little damage. As in, single digit damage. It seemed to be a good introduction to the enemy — namely the whole “you’re not really strong enough for this” kind of thing, and we’d have to learn to work with new materials and learn new resistances. That sounds interesting, like what happened with Mursaat and Spectral Agony (a correlation that’s been brought up before in other places).

I thought the scavenger hunt was well communicated. I had NPCs to talk to to get started, and mail to direct me to those NPCs. I did have to search a lot of the wreckage on the beach (and I continued after finding the bag, but later crates told me I’d need something to pry them open… ignoring the crowbar I had in hand and had used already).

I’m not really interested in running dungeons, so Fractals don’t excite me — and then I heard about all the bugs with disconnects, and I’ll just pass, thanks.

If we ignore all the bugs, this could be quite the interesting event. However, given the sheer number of bugs that hinder progress (and all the annoyances like constant mail from Miyani and the never-silent Blingg shouting to the Citizens!), the whole thing makes me pretty glad it’s going to be short.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

I loved the dungeon but did not like the scavenger hunt. It felt messy and confusing. I don’t like the use of ingame mail for information. What you are lacking for these kinds of things is a quest log. I don’t want quests like in WoW, but WoW does handle this kind of scavenger thing better with quests and a quest log. You know where you are going and why and if you forget you can go to the quest and reread it and once you have done it you know because it has a little tick. Problem with this event was that it wasn’t vague enough to be a fun treasure hunt and not clear enough to be a standard questline.

(edited by Grumwulf.9602)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kelayda.8359

Kelayda.8359

Liking:
Story telling (I’m actually interested in the Consortium and what there plans are)
Revisiting those lowbie zones again
Fractals of the Mist is pretty, and the mechanics seem interesting. I had fun figuring out what to do.

Disliking:
Most of the things I like to do being broken by the patch (Bjarl in CoE is bugged and I can’t do my daily path 1 run anymore, harder to find groups for CoE before the patch, harder now but I’m hoping once FoTM dies down people will start running it again)

Fractals of the Mist being broken (I did my first fractal, got stuck in a cage that’s part of a boss fight and received no loot at all. It’s soured me on the entire dungeon and I’m not running it again until its patched)

Broken events/NPCs

Constructive Criticism:

Not part of the patch, but the new dungeon highlights that we really need a better LFG tool, or a separate LFG channel.

Make rewards just automatically go into your inventory like other dungeons for Fractals of the Mist.

Have multiple paths/NPCs that can fulfill a role for an event. Sort of like how for the personal story you can branch off, but there are fixed points. That way you don’t get 3 dozen people standing in one spot waiting for an NPC to spawn, praying they’ll tag them for the event.

Edit: Have a public testing server. Have players sign a non disclosure agreement or something to keep a lid on updates, but it feels like things just need to be tested more before they go live.

Overall I’m actually pretty disappointed in the event so far. Not only can I not do the events because of bugs, I can’t do the dungeons (old because no one wants to run it or new as I’m afraid I won’t get any rewards). I’m tired of zerging in Orr and was looking forward to this. No matter how great the content is, if users can’t play it, its meaningless.

(edited by Kelayda.8359)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aufero.2893

Aufero.2893

The event stuff is pretty buggy in places, which probably indicates that they need to iron out some wrinkles in the QA process for future events.

Still, I’m having a lot of fun. The story aspect is enjoyable, and the new content looks great. The commendations seem a bit lackluster, but I think short term cash/item sinks are a good idea in general.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Cirroq.2531

Cirroq.2531

Liking:
*Fractal Dungeons – Finally dungeons that you can’t zerg bosses on!
*Dungeon ready check feature – sortof
*Better loot that breaks up the legendary grind monotony

Dislike:
*Five racial capitols and tons of other mostly empty space with no even content. You really don’t need to put every event in Lion’s Arch for people to find and enjoy it.
*Dungeon disconnects still permanently boot whoever gets dc’d. Why?

New content is cool but it seems like there is a pattern forming of these one time event being basically a huge lag bomb dropped in Lion’s Arch with a mad scramble for event loot following. It would be fun if you could go to one of the other cities or the countryside for content.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rauphz.2869

Rauphz.2869

My feedback about new PvE dungeon:

I started today with my friends the new dungeon. We like a lot, has a much better level than the others dungeons. However, there are some annoying things that happened. #1 When we set up and we went to Lion’s Arch enter the dungeon, some were in different spaces, and when we entered, we were not in the same dungeon, which has been very annoying. We had to get in and out of the dungeon to fall into the same space in Lion’s Arch (brilliant idea to put the new dungeon in Lion’s Arch, map without lag and with little bit players, just brilliant). #2Then we fall into a map with a huge statue, we had to carry a hammer of a boss upwards to break Seals. However, the player who was holding the hammer died, and the hammer just disappeared. We could not continue with the dungeon and had to start over on another. To finish, we fall into a nice map (fire), and managed to reach the last boss quietly. But, as already expected something to go wrong, a friend of ours was disconnected, and failed to return. When he tried to enter again, all were screened for outside the dungeon.
I dunno if it happened only with us, or if it is frequent.

(Sorry for bad english)