Loot rewards for lowbies = trash

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Moz.8264

Moz.8264

Title pretty much sums it up, thanks for 20 slot bag I guess…

Attachments:

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

This pretty much, my highest level character is 40 (I went in with a level 34 one) and the exotics I got were largely useless, barely cover repair costs. Happy w/ the uniques, but yeah. Rewards should’ve all been fixed imo.

in The Lost Shores

Moz.8264

Hey, I got a brilliant idea, lets scale up the whole map to level 80, but! not scale the loot! Genius!!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Doctor Proctor.2460

Doctor Proctor.2460

Yeah, if I sell everything I might get 1.5 gold. The level 80’s on the map got exotics worth DOZENS of gold though. WTF?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

The 20 slot bag alone makes the whole thing worth it. Those things are bloody expensive.

The Karka Shell trinket is really nice too. If you didn’t get that it sucks. Everything else is, meh.

And “DOZENS of gold” is a serious exaggeration. It’s probably 2-5g worth of exotics was the average for level 80s.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

He means scale up the loot to 80, since everyone was fighting 80+ mobs.

in The Lost Shores

Moz.8264

The 20 slot bag alone makes the whole thing worth it. Those things are bloody expensive.

The Karka Shell trinket is really nice too. If you didn’t get that it sucks. Everything else is, meh.

And “DOZENS of gold” is a serious exaggeration. It’s probably 2-5g worth of exotics was the average for level 80s.

Yeah the 20 slot bag made it worth it, but the level 80s had a chance of getting a precursor on top of the bag. What’s the use of low level exotics? What’s the use of level 80 exotics?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Godslayer.1203

Godslayer.1203

Agree with unspecified. The bag alone was worth it, not to mention the karka trinket. I’m happy with those two alone.

Add some random exotics for gold fodder (and I too only made 2-5 gold at 80) is just icing on the cake.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Miss Hilton.4623

Miss Hilton.4623

This is true. I was able to loot the chest just in time. If the items I got sell on the trading post I may make about 2g. I was disappointed to not get a precursor, of course, but honestly when this event began I really figured there would be no chest at all. Just a karma/xp/silver reward. So in the end I’m actually pleasantly surprised we got anything at all.

The only reason I can think that they would want it to be scaled would be so that people don’t use trial account low level characters to get awesome gear and abuse the trial system. I don’t even know if that would work though. Just guessing.

Blackgate
Vairrek (Spooty Necro Pug Extraordinaire)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

Unless they were lucky enough to get a precursor item the exotics most 80s recieved were worth a couple gold at best. The 20slot bag was worth double everything else I got combined going by the TP value of the tradeables. Still a 10g+ bag is nothing to scoff at as now I dont have to buy one.

in The Lost Shores

Moz.8264

Someone show me a level 79 or below getting precursor. The thing is we had 0% chance of getting one.