Lost Shore Event - No Reward [merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: KeyVerin.6051

KeyVerin.6051

Same thing happened to me. I had to run back and the chest vanished.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: General Belisarius.2548

General Belisarius.2548

got DC, no reward. so unhappy with anet

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nighthawk.3071

Nighthawk.3071

I don’t suppose there’s any way of getting the rewards now…

I fought for hours in the event. Had to step out for a couple minutes and the chest was gone when I got back. I had a busy weekend and would not have spent hours on this if I knew I would miss the reward. If this is the time periods for rewards we are talking about, I shall be avoiding all one-time events in the future.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MGM.9273

MGM.9273

Died at the very end, tried to respawn at a waypoint GW2 client hung. Restarted client by the time I got back to the event area chest and all were gone. Gigantic dissapointment after 2+ hours.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kalok.4273

Kalok.4273

let me be more specific, when the explosion at end hapned it dropped me in lava couldnt get out and died, ran back and chest would not let me loot.

Please dont blow off someon that was there tha tmany hours

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Oracle.2695

Oracle.2695

tried to be nice and rezzed a few on the way down the ramp and poof chest up disappears so no reward for me or those i rezzed. frustrating to say the least after all the time spent on fighting lag and invisible crabs

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

http://www.gw2db.com/items/72531-ancient-karka-shell-s

I got this from the reward! So happy!

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hippiepolice.9214

Hippiepolice.9214

I hope we get something for spending over 2+ hours to do this event.

I crashed as he was going down to the floor, i log back in try to rejoin the overflow i was in and it was full. I am kinda upset about this lol after spending all this time for nothing? Its a big disapointment if there is not a chance to take him out again to get the rewards or if we get compensated for it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Stann.4038

Stann.4038

Died a couple mins before the end and got stuck trying to load a way point as figured itd be faster than wait for someone to rez me :< ended up missing the chest as well after 2 hours :,( it was fun as an event but to miss out on such a good reward saddens me

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: myenchantedlife.3729

myenchantedlife.3729

After nearly four hours of this event (on before it even started) we got to the end and I got DC’d at literally the last moment and the chest was gone when I was able to come back… very unhappy about this, VERY. When my account got hacked the first week of release they never gave me back the coin that was stolen and now this, plus all of the bugs with this event, makes me not want to play.
Don’t get me wrong, I like the game overall but this is just going to be too frustrating if it’s like this all the time.

Vellerana, Guild Leader
Hedonism on Ferguson’s Crossing
Web Site: http://hedo.guildportal.com

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: FlippantSausage.6395

FlippantSausage.6395

I crashed during an earlier phase and all the overflows were done. Sadness and misery are clearly my lot.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Velrek.4267

Velrek.4267

I fell through the floor and then crashed while trying to return to the closest point. I feel like I wasted the last two hours for nothing.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Adriolan.8126

Adriolan.8126

I stupidly went for a mithril node, got left behind, and then swarmed by the spiderlings – waypoint did not work, reboot got me to a completed-event server – tried several times, no luck.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SirQuester.5476

SirQuester.5476

DC’d as well, came back on to find the event over and no chest to be seen. Great event but extremely disappointed.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Oracle.2695

Oracle.2695

i did score 3 crab meats and a spiral shell and a nice big repair bill but it was fun even with the frustration at the last event

in The Lost Shores

Kalok.4273

I am also not one to normally get pissed but after hous of listening to all the others whining and get nothing , I hope you try to do someting PLEASE

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

My guildie and I had to revive at a waypoint right when the event was ending and people were killing the final karka (we’d been fighting nearly the whole time). Because of the long stretch of land (with really nasty monsters on it) between the waypoint and the boss, he became defeated, I had to revive him, we ran down, and somehow we split and he became defeated again. I was able to get my reward, but I was not able to revive him amongst all the karka before the chest disappeared. The worst part of it is he is our chef, the one who could make most use of the 20-slot bag.

Because of this situation, and I’m certain my guildie isn’t alone looking at comments, I’d like to see some sort of method for those who took part in the event to acquire the 2 unique items from this “event” (it was a chest, rather than using the interface reward system or mail system, either of which would have solved the situation). Those two items being of course the 20-slot and the ancient karka shell.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Gany.1793

Gany.1793

It was a fun event, imho, but I have to say it was very annoying playing over 2 hours, spending at least 10s in repair costs (for me that is a lot) and then not getting anything for it because the game crashed on me and when I got back in, I was up into an overflow server that has already completed it.

That was very annoying, imho.

Hopefully ArenaNet will do something like they did with Mad King. I wasn’t able to attend the last part of Mad King due to Hurricane Sandy and was very glad to be able to still get the hat.

At the least we should be able to get that 20 slot bag. It would be very nice to at least get that, even if I don’t also get an exotic weapon or armor out of it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: crowgoddess.4910

crowgoddess.4910

yes the karka event took forever and i crashed as soon as the chest shows up i get back on and no chest this sucks

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: AnimeFreak.6145

AnimeFreak.6145

Took part in event (over 3 hours of play), got DCed and when I got back on the event was over. tried to change the server and world, but still can’t get reward. Will something be done about this? If so, who would I talk to about it?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: VeNoM.8246

VeNoM.8246

Fail event… Just wasted 2 hours…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rizen.1476

Rizen.1476

yea just noticed one time event so thats salt in the wound. I attended the whole thing but got taken down by hatchlings on the way down almost to base of ramp so i saw the fight with boss but couldnt get a shot on him to count for loot.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rizen.1476

Rizen.1476

U must be a real nice guy in rl Jungle

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Diamonddust.6954

Diamonddust.6954

It wasn’t a case of missing the window. We were there from the very beginning. Was online when the email came thru. Did every single phase. Made it to the end and was killed on the ramp going down. We could see the fight and everything. Did not get any type of completion notice or access to the chest. Two and a half hours for nothing is bogus.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aznhaxx.2054

Aznhaxx.2054

So lets hope a moderator sees this thread. Bump

Thief, Engineer, Warrior, Elementalist, Guardian, Mesmer [ARMA – Blackgate]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Took part in event (over 3 hours of play), got DCed and when I got back on the event was over. tried to change the server and world, but still can’t get reward. Will something be done about this? If so, who would I talk to about it?

I’m sorry this happened to you, but I don’t want anything done about it. If players got compensated it would severely effect what I feel is my character progression, i.e. everyone else would be just as powerful as me. This is vertical progression after all, not everybody-hand-in-hand-as-a-community progression.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ClintonD.8620

ClintonD.8620

In the final phase, many of us fell into the lava pit and could not rerez. As I rerezzed over at Owain, the loading screen would not finish and I heard the explosion. When the loading screen STILL would not finish, I restarted the client to see if I could still get the items. Nope. And I wonder if everyone who fell into that lava pit were denied the item too because of being stuck at the loading screen.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I really enjoyed today’s event despite some lag. I do think that you should make the items available from an npc, like what happened after halloween.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: iTzDesertFox.7945

iTzDesertFox.7945

Man I love this game and all but when I spend 3 hours fighting a boss then my sound messes up and after my computer froze.I have to completely turn off my computer. I tried to get back into the overflow my team was in but it was full so I missed out on the rewards…. Will there be another one that I will be able to join in because i really dont want to miss out on this

in The Lost Shores

myenchantedlife.3729

any ideas on how to report this, or is this it?

Vellerana, Guild Leader

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bios Element.7548

Bios Element.7548

^ I was kicked due to the Auth servers dying and got moved to another overflow with the event already finished. It’s utterly unfair that I should waste hours grinding on mobs and then be denied even seeing the event finish.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Gany.1793

Gany.1793

I’m sorry this happened to you, but I don’t want anything done about it. If players got compensated it would severely effect what I feel is my character progression, i.e. everyone else would be just as powerful as me. This is vertical progression after all, not everybody-hand-in-hand-as-a-community progression.

In this case, I am sure you won’t take offense when I say I hope you get dc’ed next time and i get the reward for my hard work of 2 hours while you get nothing but a huge repair bill.

Personally, I don’t think that is right if it happened to you or anyone else. It is very discouraging to anyone to work hard at something and then, due a blip in the game, not be able to even at least make it up later. It is, quite simply, wrong. With saying that I cannot say exactly what ArenaNet should do, but I do think there should be at least some secondary reward system, cause it does feel really bad knowing I did as good a job as anyone but due to a freak accident that I had no control of, I, esentially, got screwed.

So in short, I suppose that means my response to your post is “Screw You”…at least next time.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Avyon.4379

Avyon.4379

Yup.. overflow hopping.. really getting pissed now.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kaspanova.7293

Kaspanova.7293

Caskia – The Small Norn

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Axeman.1548

Axeman.1548

The same thing happened to me and I missed out on the final rewards. The only thing that kept me going through the grind that was fighting the reinforcements was the gear reward at the end. I am not very impressed with how that went.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Revan.3185

Revan.3185

same thing happened to me and in kittening pissed! i wasted like 3 hours of my life and got no reward I hope Anet add another way to get that stuff because this is just unfair.

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

in The Lost Shores

myenchantedlife.3729

kKagari, if this had happened to you I fell confident that you would be equally upset, no one who puts in this much time to an event is going to be happy walking away empty handed. Yes it’s progressive, but we put in the time, which ANet can see from game logs, and deserve to get compensated for participating in the event.

Vellerana, Guild Leader

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: tasaunders.3746

tasaunders.3746

This also happened to me. Clipped through the floor, got DC’d…came back and could not see the chest to get loot when I finally managed to run back. Normally, I’d just shrug and write it off, but this is a one-time event and some nice things dropped. I fought through the whole event chain. I deserve something. Everybody this happened to deserves something.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jessiqua.6273

Jessiqua.6273

So incredibly disappointed by this… Kicked at the very end of the event only to log back on and get nothing.

I almost want to never play this game again.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

In the final phase, many of us fell into the lava pit and could not rerez. As I rerezzed over at Owain, the loading screen would not finish and I heard the explosion. When the loading screen STILL would not finish, I restarted the client to see if I could still get the items. Nope. And I wonder if everyone who fell into that lava pit were denied the item too because of being stuck at the loading screen.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I really enjoyed today’s event despite some lag. I do think that you should make the items available from an npc, like what happened after halloween.

I agree about them adding an NPC for it; at least for the unique 20-slot box and accessory.
I really don’t know how I feel about the rewards; the event itself was an abomination, but it had a completely sick reward at the end. Now because it was so botched up most people either did not or could not complete it despite being there for the event, and wound up missing out on an amazing reward.
Had we really not gotten anything, I could at least feel like I hadn’t missed out on anything.

If we’re not given another less-crappy chance at those items, that would be the terrible frosting on the terrible cake.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Atomictrex.1406

Atomictrex.1406

Hey all,

Like many I participated in today’s event. During the last leg I died, hit the waypoint and trekked back. By the time I made it back the event was finished and the chest had already vanished. My party both got precursors and I literally got nothing. I’ve opened up a support ticket but I’m not going to hold my breath there.

I’m a longtime GW player and huge supporter of this company but I’m really disappointed with this as I feel like I got screwed in a one time reward that there’s no reason I should have missed.

Anyone else have the same issue?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: thaurn.9510

thaurn.9510

Same thing happened to me, died toward end of event, ran back, no chest, very sad, 3 hrs, repair bills, wp costs, there must be a better way to manage these meta events.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Revan.3185

Revan.3185

So incredibly disappointed by this… Kicked at the very end of the event only to log back on and get nothing.

I almost want to never play this game again.

exact way I feel Anet better do something about this!

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I feel your pain, but please consider the logistics of what you’re asking Anet to do.

How do they determine who was disconnected and who wasn’t? Should they just take everyone’s word for it who gets on the forums and complains about it? That’s certainly not a definitive way to do it. Do their logs have a way of reflecting disconnects? Possibly, but I’m going to say they probably don’t.

How do they give the rewards, if they can figure out who deserves them? Do they mail it? That’s likely not as easy as it sounds, because I doubt they’ve made a system for running the loot tables and mailing it. Do they spawn a chest only certain people can see, wherever they are? That could be possible. Maybe.

Furthermore, should Anet really make a habit of giving free things to people that just get unlucky? Don’t get me wrong, Anet isn’t completely off the hook for what happened to you guys, but let’s face it, accidents happen, and Anet can’t go around fixing every little accident that happens for the rest of the game’s lifespan. And if they start now, that’s what they’ll have to do.

Again, I’m not trying to be offensive or insensitive to any of you unfortunate souls. I know it sucks, but before you get your expectations up, I can tell you right now, what you’re asking for is not nearly as simple as you think it is.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

in The Lost Shores

Kalok.4273

How about a NPC to check for our reward from chest if we didnt loot one.

I fel in lava at explosion to there was no way out and you died, chest went poof.

I was at chest would not let me loot, I watched as if went poof

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ultros.5317

Ultros.5317

Yes, in my case I DC’d just after the cutscene only to log back in to find nothing.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Artherk.7456

Artherk.7456

Restart the event and just block people who already looted the chest ? Simple no ?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ClintonD.8620

ClintonD.8620

I feel your pain, but please consider the logistics of what you’re asking Anet to do.

How do they determine who was disconnected and who wasn’t? Should they just take everyone’s word for it who gets on the forums and complains about it? That’s certainly not a definitive way to do it. Do their logs have a way of reflecting disconnects? Possibly, but I’m going to say they probably don’t.

How do they give the rewards, if they can figure out who deserves them? Do they mail it? That’s likely not as easy as it sounds, because I doubt they’ve made a system for running the loot tables and mailing it. Do they spawn a chest only certain people can see, wherever they are? That could be possible. Maybe.

Furthermore, should Anet really make a habit of giving free things to people that just get unlucky? Don’t get me wrong, Anet isn’t completely off the hook for what happened to you guys, but let’s face it, accidents happen, and Anet can’t go around fixing every little accident that happens for the rest of the game’s lifespan. And if they start now, that’s what they’ll have to do.

Again, I’m not trying to be offensive or insensitive to any of you unfortunate souls. I know it sucks, but before you get your expectations up, I can tell you right now, what you’re asking for is not nearly as simple as you think it is.

Well they did have an npc after halloween give the event item to those who couldn’t get it, but did participate in the events. I can see them doing that for this one.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

I too went down in a river of Karka Hatchlings near the end of the event. Of course, having never played the event before I had NO WAY of knowing how close it was to completion. My team was all dead too so I rallyed at waypoint and was returning to the hive when I HEARD the we win Victory cry from the NPC. I knew I was screwed because I did NOT get an event completion medal and as expected when I got down there there was no chest. If you can hear the NPC you kitten well should be close enough to get the complete. I KNOW the chest was still up when I got there because a team mate led me to the spot and jumped up and down on it. So I was visciously ripped off because I did the right thing.

This was the only mass event of the three that went about right, some lag but acceptable, epic if somewhat boring fight. Pretty great overall, then totally wrecked at the end.

I filed a bug report, I would file a CS ticket if I could get your system to acknowledge that I exist.

I certainly hope that this weekend was an anomaly and things will be better next month.

BTW – I was in a PUG because the entire rest of the membership of my Guild GAVE UP on this weekend’s event long ago. I was playiing with strangers all weekend. That will never happen again, and if they GIVE UP on this game entirely I will stick with THEM. Our entire group are already refugees from the arbitrary shut down of City of Heroes. This game is Anet’s LAST CHANCE with us.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ultros.5317

Ultros.5317

Or look for the crash reports. I know I sent one.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Axeman.1548

Axeman.1548

I agree with your post. I was one of those people that was disconnected due to lag and missed out on the final boss fight and loot. The best thing we can do is explain everything that happened so the next time ANet does a “one-time” event, they can make sure it doesn’t happen again. Provide feedback here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lostshores/Event-Feedback-merged-threads/first, even if you are PO’d.