Lost Shores Finale: Length?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

It says the finale will be a multi-hour event starting at 12pm pst but it doesn’t say how long. Can we get an estimate (in hours) for how long this event will be so that people who have other things to do that day can schedule their lives? Thanks in advance.
Edit: And whether or not this will be a show-up once get your reward type of event or if we need to be present for the full duration.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

(edited by Quick Mouse.7635)

in The Lost Shores

Quick Mouse.7635

Please? A dev post would be nice. Just an estimate like 2hrs or 3hrs would be appreciated. I have many things I need to schedule that day, and I’m sure many other people do to.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Myrdreth.6829

Myrdreth.6829

Ohhh, I haven’t seen this thread! I just posted the same question in another thread…I will just post here too, because this question is really important to me:

The event will culminate in a big Finale on Sunday November 18, make sure you will not miss it. This will be a onetime only event chain that will run multiple hours, and it will kick off at noon PST (20:00 GMT). Again, this will only run once, so make sure you will be there!

Could someone please give us more information about the length of time for this event chain? 2 hours? 3 hours? 20 hours? Please…give us a more detailed information. If you can’t tell us exactly how many hours it will take, then guessing would be ok for me too. But please tell us at least something better than “multiple hours”…that could be any amount of hours!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SarahWitter.2317

SarahWitter.2317

Next

We cannot guarantee an exact amount of time. Unlike our previous beta weekend events, this finale will not be set to end at specific time on the clock. Much like larger events in our game, the completion time varies based off the players participating in the event. Set aside enough time to watch a couple of movies.

I hope that helps some.

Thanks,
Sarah

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: scotty.2560

scotty.2560

so if your busy this weekend tough luck right?

CIR Blacktide

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

so if your busy this weekend tough luck right?

Sorry, but yeah. ANet updated the website with a Lost Shore teaser that gave dates and times of the one-time events pretty much as soon as the Mad King event ended. That was about two weeks ago. It’s not like they said, “Oh btw guys, now that it’s Thursday, we thought we’d give you a heads up that there will be one-time events this weekend.”

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: scotty.2560

scotty.2560

Oh well the big finger to anyone who has plans nvm its just game right

CIR Blacktide

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Chez.8257

Chez.8257

So to address the other question that wasn’t really answered:

Do you have to be present at the beginning of the event, the end, or both, in order to receive credit and the reward?

Im guessing at the end like most events, you just might get bronze or silver completion.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MatthewMedina

Previous

MatthewMedina

Content Designer

You only need to be counted as a participant in the final event in the meta-event chain to qualify to get the event reward. As Sarah said, there’s not really a good way to predict when that final event in the meta chain will begin, as it depends on many variables such as player population, player skill, etc.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

So basically, if it takes six hours (for example) to run the full gamut and someone only can make half an hour or so of it, at any point in the chain, they’ll get the reward?

I intend to make well over half an hour.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vorz.7952

Vorz.7952

Well Matthew said you need to participate in the final event of the meta-events. So no you won’t get the reward if you leave in earlier events.

in The Lost Shores

Quick Mouse.7635

:O thanks for the feedback MODs, I appreciate it. Managed to fit in the finale in my schedule and had a blast! Thanks!