Lost shore phase 2. No xp, loot

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: corpsekin.4601

corpsekin.4601

Did anyone else have this problem, I didn’t get credit for any kills or events and all the vetrens we fought had to be killed twice since they went back to full hp when killed. No kills counted towards monthly either

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

They had to be killed twice because the first time around you knocked off their armor shell, the second time they became much easier to kill.

Blackgate

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

I did all sorts of damage to all variations of the karka and got no loot, no xp, no kill credits, no DE completion rewards. Except for once at the part that ended the chain at Camp Karka WP an nothing more was happening anywhere for like 30 minutes after so I assume that was the end of the special event that started at noon today. If there is anything else we can do I’m not aware of. I’m reading the forums to find out.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

This has been happening since launch. In large groups, I attack a veteran the entire time from full to 0 hp and don’t get exp or loot. This isn’t just happening to this content. It happens when there’s a lot of players doing the same event. I’ve had it happen to me in cursed shores during plinx event several times.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

This has been happening since launch. In large groups, I attack a veteran the entire time from full to 0 hp and don’t get exp or loot. This isn’t just happening to this content. It happens when there’s a lot of players doing the same event. I’ve had it happen to me in cursed shores during plinx event several times.

I believe to get credit there’s some kind of percentile of their HP that you have to deal in damage. The problem is that mobs only scale so high and once they stop scaling the number of players doing damage actually means nobody can do enough individual damage to reach this percentage.

This also heavily penalises anyone that stops to revive or otherwise support the group. I’m surprised ANet didn’t do their research on this one because enough other games have learnt their lesson on this kind of credit mechanism.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Grey Warden.2983

Grey Warden.2983

I believe to get credit there’s some kind of percentile of their HP that you have to deal in damage. The problem is that mobs only scale so high and once they stop scaling the number of players doing damage actually means nobody can do enough individual damage to reach this percentage.

This also heavily penalises anyone that stops to revive or otherwise support the group. I’m surprised ANet didn’t do their research on this one because enough other games have learnt their lesson on this kind of credit mechanism.

I’ll buy that on a boss, but it doesn’t explain killing 66 little ones and getting 1 shell and 4 crab meat. Loot drop is seriously flawed. And before anyone askes, I went on my own away from anyone and killed those 66 karkas or whatever they are.
The drakes are no better. The only reliable loot was the plants and ore.

About all I got out of it was the medals, about 15 silver and a bit of XP.
If that is the norm, it ain’t worth the trip.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

You guys really haven’t noticed that the behavior is the same as that of story mode mobs?

Some event mobs, like in story mode, are basically fodder. You kill them, there’s no loot, no kill credit (you can tell if you have a sigil that builds stacks for example, it won’t build on the ‘fodder’).

They’re usually only seen in storymode, and during specific one time events, like the taking of Southshore Cove.

Calm down and explore the Cove, kill Karka that are still all over the island now that the initial event is over, you’ll get your Karka kills in no time.

Seems like intentional design, not a bug to me. It’s to make sure people can’t farm rapid spawning mobs in story and things like these.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Grey Warden.2983

Grey Warden.2983

You guys really haven’t noticed that the behavior is the same as that of story mode mobs?

Some event mobs, like in story mode, are basically fodder. You kill them, there’s no loot, no kill credit (you can tell if you have a sigil that builds stacks for example, it won’t build on the ‘fodder’).

They’re usually only seen in storymode, and during specific one time events, like the taking of Southshore Cove.

Calm down and explore the Karka that are still all over the island now that the evnet is over, you’ll get your Karka kills in no time.

Seems like intentional design, not a bug to me. It’s to make sure people can’t farm rapid spawning mobs in story and things like these.

I’m pretty sure I did that, but maybe the story hadn’t ended, I’ll see I suppose. I hope you are right about it, really do.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

It doesn’t help any that the veteran Karka have the buff that effectively makes you have to kill them twice. I kinda wish the de-armoring was a little more clear for new players, I’ll say that much.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Abadon.1763

Abadon.1763

Second this post.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

This happen to me but my was more due to lag problem (which I am really annoyed).
I was there during the secure the area phase of the quest and that when the lag kick in. I saw the battle and try to fight but it went on without me. By the time I was back to normal internet speed, I was behind the mob and did not receive any rewards and loots aswell which infuriate me (I try to put my share of the fight but no I was denined due to the lag).

I dread to think what Winterday will be like (I reallyed hope Anet will get this sorted out).

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

When I was running through in a very small group later I was getting loot from mobs. I think you just need smaller groups of people.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I was running in a LARGE group, and didn’t get anything from the veterans. I know I did at least some damage (still took a bit to kill each one). Was kind of annoying. Then after we got to the Captains Rest (I think thats the name) town, the NPC just kinda dissappeared.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

Whatever the reason is, it’s boring and frustrating runing around that island and getting nothing for it.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

If you leave the large 50 player zerg you start get xp and drops as normal.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

If you leave the large 50 player zerg you start get xp and drops as normal.

That’s nice, but then you’re not really doing the event, not protecting the NPC, or seeing the story. All you’re doing is solo farming meaningless mobs at that point. You can do that anywhere.

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

Many mobs in the new map are level 83 or level 84.

Make sure you have enough precision on your gear or you will deal very little damage. With enough precision, you can deal normal damage like 1K or 2K+, but without that, you probably deal much less, like 100+ or 200+. In that case, you won’t be able to receive credit for any kills or events if there are a lot of people dealing much more damage.

If you have done the level 65 dragon at level 60 or lower (which many would have since it is near the level 60 hearts), you would have had the same experience already.