My thoughts (Minimal QQing/No blind praise)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ConshyKid.1962

ConshyKid.1962

All of these thoughts are from someone who missed the second and third phase of the event due to the death of a close friend. It really puts things in perspective about how inconsequential Guild Wars 2 is.

First of all, those complaining about the precursor loot (those who completed the phase 3 meta-event) have no reason to do so. Those who received that loot were lucky. You were not. They did not receive anything “exclusive” to my knowledge that you did not receive yourselves.

Secondly, to those complaining about being prevented from receiving the exclusive Ancient Karka Shell and Ancient Karka Shell Box (those unable to attend phase 3 of the event for a variety of reasons), there are plenty of 20 slot bags which replace the Shell Box utility-wise. There is no reason to complain about missing out on that. Regarding the Ancient Karka Shell, I believe you have more of a reason to be upset. It was fine, so long as the vendor was there selling the Ancient Karka Shell for 1,000 shells, but I understand this has been removed. This seems a bit unfair to those who missed the event, as there is no replacement for the Ancient Karka Shell utility-wise.

Finally, this is where the QQing comes in. I want the minis! ;_; They are expensive and gone forever as loot, as far as I know. WAAAAH!

Thanks for reading.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

First off, I’m very sorry about your friend

Second, yes we do have reason to do so. The whole “luck” part is the problem. I understand that a small portion of luck is a must in any game, but here the rewards ranged from 2g worth to 200g. That’s a bit of a gap.

And people who were disconnected from server-side shouldn’t be entitled to rewards? Really? I had a kitten bad taste in my mouth, looting the chest after i heard how many was kicked during the last 10 minutes after a 3 hour event. I even sent an exotic from the chest to someone, as a feelgood. I sure didn’t want to be him.

I completely agree with you in regards to the minipets. I’m so annoyed with that. Im the collector type of player, and they ruined that for me. I can’t find a source that they shouldn’t drop anymore however, so im still hoping. – Do you have that source?

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in The Lost Shores

ConshyKid.1962

First off, I’m very sorry about your friend
And people who were disconnected from server-side shouldn’t be entitled to rewards? Really? I had a kitten bad taste in my mouth, looting the chest after i heard how many was kicked during the last 10 minutes after a 3 hour event. I even sent an exotic from the chest to someone, as a feelgood. I sure didn’t want to be him.

I’m sorry. I wasn’t referring to those who were disconnected. You are definitely entitled to your rewards. I was talking about those, who like me, missed phase 3 of the event for personal reasons. I didn’t mean to imply that those who were active in the event and were kicked due to server issues should not get the rewards.

And I have not found anything to indicate that the minis will not continue being dropped by karka/hatchlings/reefer drakes, but I also have not heard anything that indicates the mobs actually dropped the minis to begin with in Southsun Shoals.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

First of all, those complaining about the precursor loot (those who completed the phase 3 meta-event) have no reason to do so.

Yes we do.

Those who received that loot were lucky. You were not.

Thanks Captain Obvious. Why were precursors in that chest anyway?

They did not receive anything “exclusive” to my knowledge that you did not receive yourselves.

They received hundreds of gold or 25% progression towards their legendary for no effort at all.

due to the death of a close friend

Did he drop any good loot?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

All I read… was kiss kiss analnet.
Completely skipped the part about utter disgrace for phase 1 and 2 which amounted to pretty much impossible to finish/please wait for patch that didnt fix it then wait for another.
Oh and I did event few times… dced…
Then there was….
edit: I just realized that even though I did all the steps… My spectacular reward for wasting a few dozen hours on this crap… amounted to jug of karma… and something else that I don’t even remember. Fabulous event.

Attachments:

(edited by HiSaZuL.2843)

in The Lost Shores

ConshyKid.1962

All I read… was kiss kiss analnet.
Completely skipped the part about utter disgrace for phase 1 and 2 which amounted to pretty much impossible to finish/please wait for patch that didnt fix it then wait for another.
Oh and I did event few times… dced…
Then there was….

If you were dc’d then you will be getting the loot, eventually.
Also, I agree about phase 1 of the event. It was awful. I wasn’t there for phase 2 and haven’t read anything about it, so I’ll refrain from commenting on that part. There really is no excuse for the bugfest that was phase 1, though. Pointing that out just escaped my mind in all the rage over phase 3 on the forum.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

Phase 2 was by far the most pathetic technical part of this event… Nothing worked right. Npcs for both paths were 1 time tickets after someone finished they were broken permanently. The portion at LA was also broken. Frankly I never even got to see karkas… I was there for an hour… event text changed… then eventually ships got spawned and trebs were still not even finished after an hour and something even though event text changed to finished.
And part 3… well… this will be a nice nail in gw2 coffin for a lot of people.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

First of all, those complaining about the precursor loot (those who completed the phase 3 meta-event) have no reason to do so.

Yes we do.

Those who received that loot were lucky. You were not.

Thanks Captain Obvious. Why were precursors in that chest anyway?

They did not receive anything “exclusive” to my knowledge that you did not receive yourselves.

They received hundreds of gold or 25% progression towards their legendary for no effort at all.

Agreed.