Nice work over all after first day of launch.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: stny.1430

stny.1430

I really enjoy the Fractals, it is a somewhat fresh and good idea of combining already existing elements in Guild Wars 2. The challenge is big but not overwhelming and it feels greatly rewarding after completing each piece, I hope you are set on adding more of these dungeons in the future.

As for doing dungeons with “random” people, yes it is always a big possibility for being hard and depressing since alot of people lack patience.
Patience is key to good gaming and while the gaming world gets dumbed down by each year due to its public having no patience, we see less and less of good games. Public demand sets the market, most players today demand to be able to run blindfolded straight forward, kicking and screaming through an entire game.

As for the big event, it is unfortunate that it did not run smoothly and that the quest chain is bugged. What people should remember is that when trying to forsee every aspect of what could go wrong prelaunch is nearly impossible.
I still believe the event did what it should even tho all problems, it gave us a glimpse of what is to come.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Perseus Ithikus.5483

Perseus Ithikus.5483

Dear god no. If the past 24 hours are what is to come then Dear God NO! Unplayable would be my word of choice. Sorry but as some one said in another thread. In concept and scope it was excellent. In excecution it was fatally flawed.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Thia.4891

Thia.4891

I’m kinda on the fence with Fractels. On one hand, some of them – like Snowblide and Urban Warfare – I think are really neat. However…why am I doing this? I know why I went into Citadel of Flames, it was to get Rytlock and Logan to kiss and make up. And I went to Sorrow Embrace to help Zoijja with that dastardly Kudu. But what am I doing here? Couldn’t you get someone else to do this?

(Sigurdas MoonEyes and Ronja) (Myrin Crowneguarde) (Yarza Steelfang) (Luqq) (Nevnia)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

What’s the purpose of doing a 3-4 day event if you flip people off on days 1 & 2?

I got on at 3pm killed some giant crabs, donated some stuff for some tokens for some junk that’s worthless to me. Looked for “clues” without looking for help in map chat. Get stuck on buggered NPCs. Then I try to do Fractals… that’s buggered too.

Was never formally notified they un buggered the Fractals and returned much later to “LFG FoTM Lvl 2-3 only”. I say “f#ck it I won’t even bother, this is absurd”, and try to progress event story and NPCs are still bugged.

This event so far is totally about Ascended Gear and the dungeon crawl for it. Here I was thinking I put in my grind in for my full TA Set, and full exotic trinkets and would be mobbing with the community through some raids and exploring new territory.

Couple that with having to hear “CITIZENS!” 100000000000 times I’d be lying if I didn’t admit to rage quitting and googling “New MMORPGS 2012”

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

I had fun. And keep in mind I spent 4 hours doing fractals without getting anywhere because of disconnects. If you can’t get something to work, just move on to something else. I did the event first, then tried quest, when it was bugged I did fractals. But I do admit that the NPC shouting messed me up aswell