No one should ever go to Lost Shores..

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kill Kayt.8375

Kill Kayt.8375

There is literally no point to being there.. Nothing Drops Anything… Only a few exclusive crafting nodes in the zone… Utterly pointless..

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: waringguilds.6924

waringguilds.6924

Nothing drops anything, the exotic scepter I got off a random mob begs to differ.
People should stop coming to forums just to whine.

in The Lost Shores

Kill Kayt.8375

Nothing drops anything, the exotic scepter I got off a random mob begs to differ.
People should stop coming to forums just to whine.

Pics of it in a loot window in Lost Shores or it didn’t happen…

I have killed over 1000 of these things in this zone and have gotten not even 1 thing.. anything at all.. to show for it..

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Starhawk.2958

Starhawk.2958

I’ve gotten some shells for crafting but otherwise I felt the zone was pretty pointless as well. Got 2 shot doing an event by underground worms that never popped up for more than a second to damage and said kitten this place. Seriously, I’d rather slog it out with the Risen than this place. There’s no point and very little ‘fun’ to be had out there for me.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

You’re expecting decent reward drops=) You have to buy all the good gear in this game. ANET totally blew the entire concept of cool drops, something that’s an obvious draw in any RPG that keeps even the most monotonous activites “fun”, since you just never know when that awesome piece of gear will come. Unless, they happen so rarely, no one cares. Take a tip from Borderlands in how to do it right.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

To say nothing drops at the new area of Lost Shores is drastic. Granted, mobs in the area are not on the same par with loot as any place else in Tyria, but I did get two items after running through the area for a couple of hours this evening.

I am still hopeful that the drops will be increased as the Devs realize that with this harder area (definitely do not want to solo on my Ranger) where almost 1 out of 5 of the mobs are veterans or groups of veterans, they really do need to up the ante for rewards.

As for “cool gear/weapon” drops, I have not seen any that I would consider worth the effort in the high level zones to tempt me to go back often.

Most of the items I see dropping in level 78-80 level areas are sub-par. Rarely, if ever, have I gotten an 80 that my Ranger can actually use.

(edited by lynspottery.6529)

in The Lost Shores

Kill Kayt.8375

You’re expecting decent reward drops=)

I’m expecting ANY REWARD DROPS. So far nothing!… Not one piece of anything.. not even Junk.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

I’m expecting ANY REWARD DROPS. So far nothing!… Not one piece of anything.. not even Junk.

Well, rare is rare and rng is rng , not everyone is going to be lucky all the time. I have gotten 3 rare drops and quite a few greens/blues aswell as lots of shells and such. I’m sure the loot is in the tables, it just happens so rarely that rare actually lives up to its name. Anyway my point is, you can’t expect good drops just because you do this or kill that with a purely rng system. You could literally kill 10,000 things and not get a single drop of loot, highly unlikely but still plausible since nothing has a 100% chance of droping.

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

I kind of gave up on it for the same reasons. I just felt like I’d rather just go back to Orr because at least there things dropped stuff. I can’t say I had much problem soloing on my ranger as long as I didn’t poke at the wrong groups/veterans but that’s true of Orr as well. After I got the Ori nodes, explored, and did a few events I just couldn’t see any good reason to be there anymore.

Still need to go back for the timed jumping puzzle and presumably tomorrow’s event, otherwise I might bother to come back for the extra ori nodes. Killing stuff will be avoided at all costs though because the enemies just don’t drop anything 90% of the time and are annoying, not hard just really annoying.

in The Lost Shores

Kill Kayt.8375

Well, rare is rare and rng is rng , not everyone is going to be lucky all the time. I have gotten 3 rare drops and quite a few greens/blues aswell as lots of shells and such. I’m sure the loot is in the tables, it just happens so rarely that rare actually lives up to its name. Anyway my point is, you can’t expect good drops just because you do this or kill that with a purely rng system. You could literally kill 10,000 things and not get a single drop of loot, highly unlikely but still plausible since nothing has a 100% chance of droping.

I’m not complaining about of crappy loot. I’m complaining about NOTHING.. No LOOT.
You are RIGHT about nothing having a 100% chance of dropping because no matter what I kill NOTHING drops at ALL!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

I’ve gotten some shells for crafting but otherwise I felt the zone was pretty pointless as well. Got 2 shot doing an event by underground worms that never popped up for more than a second to damage and said kitten this place. Seriously, I’d rather slog it out with the Risen than this place. There’s no point and very little ‘fun’ to be had out there for me.

Go there again, and look at what is written on your screen on the right hand side below the event text…you´re welcome.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Gatts.4865

Gatts.4865

I remember fighting a Karka Champion and not a single thing dropped from it everybody was pissed cuz of it

Custom built rig-
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE 3.20 GHz DDR3 1600 8GB 4×2gb Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB DDR5

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I fought a veteran karka yesterday and got a trophy worth 4 copper off of it.=P
But I agree. In the 2 hours or so I spent there yesterday, I barely got anything. A few blues, 2 or 3 greens, and trophies worth practically nothing.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: koukikid.3170

koukikid.3170

The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.

I was pretty excited when I read that in the patch notes, but it is not the case what so ever. Every single champion karka that I have helped kill has not once granted me a single piece of loot… It is bullkitten and completely contradicts the patch notes.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Er…I am getting lots of item drops. Patched maybe?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Alnear Leavar.7453

Alnear Leavar.7453

At first when we all went to Southstone Cove I didn’t get any loot either, not from veterans or young ones… But after things got a bit “quieter” young karkas starter to drop some nice loot, including a consortium skin for a rebreather which was quite satisfying.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I’ve gotten some shells for crafting but otherwise I felt the zone was pretty pointless as well. Got 2 shot doing an event by underground worms that never popped up for more than a second to damage and said kitten this place.

Yer not supposed to fight those worms, the Asura ya talk to makes that pretty clear, I think. Ya run aroun’ through the area, dodge, pick stuff up en passant, an’ don’ ever stop movin’. It’s a bit of ah challenge, it is, but once ya get the hang of it, it’s totally doable.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

got two rares off of two champions in the zone, plenty of powerful and potent bloods. Soon there will be a rich orichalcum vein open inside the hive. I also run no magic find, drops are pure luck.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Seriously? I keep having to double back to vendors to clear out my bags. Im not sure what is causing you to get no loot but the zone seems fine to me.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Yeah, I have tons of loot, several rares so far, and a lot of the new crafting materials.

Something is definitely not right if you’re not getting loot now that Phase 2 is mostly over.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Possibly something they fixed with the patch. I wasn’t getting monthly updates either, but that now is updating correctly.
Quite liking the new area myself. Hope it is staying!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

well i haven’t really had but 1 drop from anything for the past three weeks. tonight i actually got two rares almost pooped my pants right there standing in a puddle.

I’m wondering what’s happening with the mf and the drops. I hope this is a sign they’ve fixed it.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Adrathan.2048

Adrathan.2048

There is literally no point to being there.. Nothing Drops Anything… Only a few exclusive crafting nodes in the zone… Utterly pointless..

same here. 2 hours killing mobs and my inventory is empty..

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Everyone was hoping for gg farming and karma events we could run on a new map and vs new enemies.

That failed didnt it?

As far as drops increasing, I run a ful exotic set with sigils, guild buffs and food. Never changing. I have seen nothing to prove this. My belief is it was a bluff to make us believe they have buffed something instead of nerfing it. Because I think they know we are tired of nerfing and that plinx was a huge blow for people who just enjoy farming.

Get the act together before its too late. An MMO is about player enjoyment, not strict guidelines on producing in your eyes the perfect game.

You wanna make money? Give us our fun back.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Hello everybody,
thanks for all your comments and feedback.