No time to participate/different time zone [merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

I think it would be fair if they made the next one time event only happen for prime-time Germany. Then the next one maybe Japan time. Then maybe if I get lucky East Coast Australia. :P

They catered for their largest player-base right? That means they know the numbers for each timezone and should be able to make events to match the number of people available (though not easier). Ofcourse the rewards should be the same.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Grazingcattle.1627

Grazingcattle.1627

I was just telling my friend this morning how I really liked the event this week end and was bummed i would miss the last day. Sorry some of us have to work!

Some people had been complaining that the first 2 one time events werent rewarding, and while I was there for both I didnt really agree. The reward is being there to enjoy a fun story and awesome event.

I felt fine knowing that there wasnt anything “special” i was missing out other then that today.

Turns out I was wrong. After work my friend tells me all about his fat loots and how it took him a full 2 Hours to get but the event was worth the effort! Awesome!

I whole heartedly agree that some special rewards should come with an awesome event. A 20 slot bag would have been great! Anything else is gravy. My friend didnt do phase 1 or 2… he only did the rewarding one.

I spent a similar amout of time on events and got 34K exp 500ish karma and 5S!

So how come I didnt get near the loot that he did… we spent a similar amount of time and I was at TWO seperate 1 time events!?!?!?

I am understandably upset that my time is considered less valuable then my friends. At least have the chance for us to earn the same rewards!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

As I have posted before, other MMO’s that I know of have world events and the like, and cater to people outside of the American time zones. They have bosses which are needed, in exclusive areas and are accessible 24/7. Bugs are fixed promptly and said events run for a week. For such hype, this was seriously underwhelming.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zyrusticae.7245

Zyrusticae.7245

Frankly, it was a terrible idea to include rewards that are actually possible upgrades for many players for a one-time event that many could (and did) miss. It was even worse to include the legendary precursors which sell for hundreds of gold on the trade post – it meant some players randomly got rewarded dozens of times more than others. Awful all-around.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kaellok.8143

Kaellok.8143

I get why you’re mad, but you’d expect that the finally would be the one where all hell breaks loose and some epic kitten goes down, hence resulting in good loot. Do I think there should have been better loot for the first 2 phases? Yes, but not as good as loot from the finally, because it’s THE FINALLY.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: War Siren.2346

War Siren.2346

Yes the reward should have been Cosmetic weapon skins etc. Not actual gear.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Wizard.6829

Wizard.6829

I am in a holiday crunch at my job so I have to pull long days. Why would the Devs set up an event that has a 1 time trigger? Some of us have to work (you know the ones who earn the money to buy Gems). So basically when I join the game today I am told since I worked 13 hrs I missed the one time event. So was I supposed to forfit my OT for the event? Why could they not do the event like dungeons? 1 drop for the first time and a different drop for the repeaters? It is already coded into the game and all. These are the deciding factors when I am in the store if I get a gem card or a new movie/CD. Take care of the money makers and they will invent money into the game.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aeo.1453

Aeo.1453

So I was gone since 1 until 3 today, running around, doing errands and stuff, and I came back to find that the ONE TIME EVENT that I had been forced to miss due to IRL responsibilities concluded with an epic battle that ended with everyone getting 20 slot bags, exotics and even many, many legendaries. One of my friends got Dawn, sold it and bought his legendary bow and still had 80g left over.

What message I have gotten is: Because I have a life, not only did I miss a one-time event, but I missed out on awesome gear, an awesome bag and possibly a legendary weapon and/or at least 50+ gold.

The amount of legendary gear that dropped was enough to nearly cut the market price in the TP by 40%

So, because I have a life, I miss out? This is crap. Want to know how anet can fix this? They make the event recurring, and those whom have already completed it get nothing at the end. This allows people with lives, like me, to not miss out.

Final thoughts: These one time events, though cool for the minority who are online, are, in truth, crap. Pure crap. Make them recurring or dont make them at all because its not fair to people with lives, people with randomly times jobs, or gamers in your community who may have connection issues, because if they DC during a point, things get screwed up because of the bugfest known as GW2.

-Aeo

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sammoth.5734

Sammoth.5734

I don’t care that people think others are crying about it. The bottom line is maybe a 1 day event I could handle but, to have it for a few hrs. In one day is Bull. Some of us have work, families, and even live in other time zones. I do not care about the loot. What I do care about is being able to participate in the Event.

Before people start with the “QQ, You didn’t have to participate, Blah blah blah”. Considering most that say stuff like that had probably already participated in it. Bottom line is being fair to your consumer base.

This is my feedback on Arena Net on how this was done/ handled.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: kaahzvi.3469

kaahzvi.3469

It’s absolutely stupid to literally have a one-time event. I’m got going to book time off work or skip school specifically for 2 hours of GW2. If it was repeating throughout ONE day I can’t complain but common. All this hype was for nothing

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: FunkyLobster.3864

FunkyLobster.3864

hey guys! Let’s play 2 hours to do the event on 6am before university. That way we can get the awesome jug of karma from final chest knowing previous events. oh wait…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ghostchipz.2341

ghostchipz.2341

So as my thread and this on have been merged i take that someone from Anet has read the feed back from both threads.
Can we please get some feed back on the thinking behind finishing a major event on a Monday morning in most Oceanic/Asian time zones.

I have to work so on the odd occasion i can spend some of my hard earnt money in your gem store .

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: pingpan.9826

pingpan.9826

u know what’s sad about this they can’t even take their time and at least apologize to those in that could not attend at the event to make this a bit less frustrating.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: houdinimachine.5830

houdinimachine.5830

I was just telling my friend this morning how I really liked the event this week end and was bummed i would miss the last day. Sorry some of us have to work!

Some people had been complaining that the first 2 one time events werent rewarding, and while I was there for both I didnt really agree. The reward is being there to enjoy a fun story and awesome event.

I felt fine knowing that there wasnt anything “special” i was missing out other then that today.

Turns out I was wrong. After work my friend tells me all about his fat loots and how it took him a full 2 Hours to get but the event was worth the effort! Awesome!

I whole heartedly agree that some special rewards should come with an awesome event. A 20 slot bag would have been great! Anything else is gravy. My friend didnt do phase 1 or 2… he only did the rewarding one.

So how come I didnt get near the loot that he did… we spent a similar amount of time and I was at TWO seperate 1 time events!?!?!?

I am understandably upset that my time is considered less valuable then my friends. At least have the chance for us to earn the same rewards!

This is my biggest problem with ANet right now. I went to the first two events, got nothing of consequence, and now I find out that I missed out on the biggest rewards of any event so far by a long shot.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BiscaWolf.4237

BiscaWolf.4237

Once again the large player base of Australians got screwed , right inn the morning for us Monday 9am or 10am I put in lot of time into guild wars 2 ,and it makes me sad that anything cool that happens I will miss the one time events because of my time zone , seems like arena net dosent care though .
I will not stop playing but it doesn’t mean I do not find it unfair.

[Lilith Algais : lvl 80 Mesmer ]
Merc
[Sea of Sorrows ]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Chibii.3698

Chibii.3698

so it was stated not long ago by Anet that:

"One of our teams examining issues of disconnections that prevented some players from receiving their awards event.

We will implement a solution that will allow those involved get their rewards, but it will take time on our side and does not happen today.

Keep an eye on our forums and social networks, we will notify you when the solution will be implemented.

Thank you and we apologize that you were not able to get your rewards."

This is all fair and well. but what about the 90% of Australian players who couldn’t even make it due to the times. 3am-6am on a MONDAY morning when the Majority have work or children to take to school?

Will we have the option to partake in this also? Because it is highly unfair to those of us to have no choice but to put the real world first.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: houdinimachine.5830

houdinimachine.5830

It would be one thing if the reward was like the witch hat from the Halloween ending event, but the cost of a 20 slot bag alone makes this reward ludicrously unbalanced for those of us who couldn’t attend.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

Can we please get some feed back on the thinking behind finishing a major event on a Monday morning in most Oceanic/Asian time zones.

What I would like to know is whether this is going to be a continuing trend with events in the future. As a customer, I would like to know this so I can make informed decisions about whether I will continue to support a company that appears to value me less than those living in specific time zones.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Slayernator.2630

Slayernator.2630

so it was stated not long ago by Anet that:

“One of our teams examining issues of disconnections that prevented some players from receiving their awards event.

We will implement a solution that will allow those involved get their rewards, but it will take time on our side and does not happen today.

Keep an eye on our forums and social networks, we will notify you when the solution will be implemented.

Thank you and we apologize that you were not able to get your rewards."

This is all fair and well. but what about the 90% of Australian players who couldn’t even make it due to the times. 3am-6am on a MONDAY morning when the Majority have work or children to take to school?

I totally agree. What about us aussies? So you time the event so that only all of the US players can run it? What about all of your oceanic and asian players?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Chibii.3698

Chibii.3698

What I would like to know is whether this is going to be a continuing trend with events in the future. As a customer, I would like to know this so I can make informed decisions about whether I will continue to support a company that appears to value me less than those living in specific time zones.

Of course it will. they have our money. they don’t care about us at all.

in The Lost Shores

ghostchipz.2341

[/quote]

I agree with you on this one. But then we are just seen as QQers.
As a combine area Asia/oceania has a huge player base and numbers of people.
If the plan was to gear events to finsh at NA/EU prime times why bother to sell the game in our region we just get frustrated.!!!!!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Picklock.5820

Picklock.5820

if there’s anything this event has shown me, it’s that standing around for hours shooting at large creatures with absolutely no skill involved in BORING… please stop giving these things billions and billions of hp, its not fun.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

They must be naive and think that their game is only purchased in America, and since America is ‘top country in the world’ we must all adhere to them. No.
I’d rather pay Blizzard a $15 monthly sub for well executed events that are easily accessible over a week, with minimal bug-outs & if there are, they’re fixed promptly. At least Blizzard set these kinds of things up because they actually realize their game is global, and wish to keep their customers happy and able to participate in events. -,-

Thanks ANet – You completely ruined my weekend and have nothing to say for it. Not even an explanation as to why this was poorly planned, if there is ANY chance for anyone else outside America to do this. Nothing. Ignorance, really is bliss.

Also, please be aware that all of our negative feedmake may get lost in the ether again.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

What I find interesting is that although the website giving the timing of the event states the start time, nowhere does it say that it will last only 3 or so hours. – https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-2012/#lost-shores-weekend-event

In fact, the Lost Shores Wiki (linked from the above page) states it is an “…event chain that will run multiple hours” – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Lost_Shores

Given such wording, I’m sure many people could be forgiven for thinking they had time to do it when they got home.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ganek.8704

Ganek.8704

What I find interesting is that although the website giving the timing of the event states the start time, nowhere does it say that it will last only 3 or so hours. – https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-2012/#lost-shores-weekend-event

In fact, the Lost Shores Wiki (linked from the above page) states it is an “…event chain that will run multiple hours” – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Lost_Shores

Given such wording, I’m sure many people could be forgiven for thinking they had time to do it when they got home.

I know. I knew I’d be driving around this time but was thinking I’d be ok. There’d be time to do it tonight. Just in case I only had 4 hours until the 19th.

By the time I got home all the bosses were dead and I’ve now found the event was a one time only ordeal. Cheated is a word for it.

in The Lost Shores

ghostchipz.2341

ok well all i will say is i have found sorrow in the sea of sorrows and i am lost in the lost shore.

Thank you

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Severim.7938

Severim.7938

Watch this. Next time they have a one-time event, it’ll be buggy and crappy loots instead id precursors. And they’ll continue to pick bad times.

Yak’s Bend – Bellenisa (Ele), Bellesina (Thief)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Auroma.9126

Auroma.9126

As stated in the title, does Arena Net team only considers Americans when it makes 1 time only event? What about countries where these “one time” events take place anywhere from 1 am to 5 am? Are these players inferior in any way when it comes to getting equal treatment? Did they not pay for the game as well and deserve to be treated equally?

I ask these questions because I disagree with the timing policy of Arena Net when it comes to these 1 time only events. If I remember clearly one of the devs posted the reason they do these events 1 time only is because as soon as the event starts it is streamed live and is on youtube in no time. I did Halloween 1 time event and the recent Lion Arch invasion. In case of Mad King, the cut-scene was one time while the dungeon was available for quite some time. But in case of this final Karka Lost Shores event, if you were not present during the 2 hr one time boss fight (no matter what time it was in your part of the world) then you miss it.

While some people are saying the event is still active in one overflow, when you message them they will be either offline or say “full”. But anyways it should not come to this that those who were unable to attend are now at the mercy of chance of getting into that overflow or are victims of a sick joke.

In my opinion, if Arena Net repeats these 1 time events taking into consideration other time zones as well it would be much better. I know Europeans can do this event late night, but still a large part of player base is at a disadvantage. How about the event repeating through out the day with the gap of lets say 6 hrs but you get reward only once. For example if you killed Ancient Karka you can loot the chest only once. If you re-do the event you will not get any rewards.

In case of these events seeing them on live stream or youtube gives you no considerable advantage. The amount of players present makes it almost impossible for the event to fail. Those who see it online before doing it will only ruin the surprise element for themselves. Repeating these events will prevent people from feeling left out. Some people miss the 1 time event for it starting at 2am-5am local time, they may be at work (yes some people have to work on Sunday) or some other real life commitment.

I took the time out to make this post to give my feedback because I want Guild Wars 2 to succeed. In fact as a fan of mmo genre I want most mmos to succeed so that at any given point of time I have the option to enjoy one great game or another. Till now I have played Guild Wars 2 a lot but things like these (and some major game breaking issues) hinder my enjoyment and I dont feel like spending much time in game.

I am not mad and neither has missing the event made my world shatter. At end of the day this is just a game and I could care less if I did not get new shiny pixels. But that being said I would have loved to enjoy the content which developers put in many hours to make. So Arena Net please be considerate and make it possible for players from different time zones to enjoy your hard work.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sammoth.5734

Sammoth.5734

if there’s anything this event has shown me, it’s that standing around for hours shooting at large creatures with absolutely no skill involved in BORING… please stop giving these things billions and billions of hp, its not fun.

At least you got to shoot the boring mob. Some of us didn’t even see it.

in The Lost Shores

ghostchipz.2341

Ok so here is a thought on how to make it possible for everyone to enjoy One-time events
- Roll the event out across your over flow servers every hour during a 24 hour period.
- When you first log on you are given the option to join the next running of the event.
- Once you have taken part in the event you will not be able to access it again.
- You can then control the numbers making it as lag free and accessible to you worldwide player base.

Now I am no techy so I don’t know if this is possible

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

It’s always going to be inconvenient for someone. I’m not sure how they figure their times but someone’s always going to get left out

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Ok so here is a thought on how to make it possible for everyone to enjoy One-time events
- Roll the event out across your over flow servers every hour during a 24 hour period.
- When you first log on you are given the option to join the next running of the event.
- Once you have taken part in the event you will not be able to access it again.
- You can then control the numbers making it as lag free and accessible to you worldwide player base.

It is possible. Very possible.

I just don’t know why it is not implemented. It could happen on non-overflows as well. Just make it like you can only join once (and this is per account, not per character).

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: stillusio.6120

stillusio.6120

It’s always going to be inconvenient for someone. I’m not sure how they figure their times but someone’s always going to get left out

That’s not true. Instanced, repeating events would include everyone. No reason why they couldn’t have had the final karka fight in an instance that ran over 48-72 hours, like the Mad King dungeon.

I don’t think many people care about missing a minute-long cinematic they can watch on YouTube, but missing what sounds like a lootfest is bound to irritate almost anyone.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rowan.5064

Rowan.5064

As a NA server player who did get to participate each day I totally agree with the OP. In GW1 the special holiday events would reoccur every 3 hrs or so. I see no reason why the 1-time lore events could not also be repeated at anywhere from 6 hr intervals (4 total) or 4 hr intervals (6 total). Make the final chest rewarded once – either thru the mail system accompanied by a “good-job, ty” from the lead NPC organizer or thru the same system as Daily Achievement or Personal Story or Map achievement chests are sent. Reward chests based on content completed thru-out the event, time/effort spent in final battles etc. Don’t penalize your players based on their location (time zone) nor for the fact they may have been helping others all weekend and just couldn’t make the ending of the event due to work or prior commitments.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Fine then move the events each time so it means one group arent the people being kittened each time. At the moment thay are all held at a time to suit one group of players and kitten another group.

I hope that the reason for kittening a portion of the player base isnt really some marketing bs about youtube streams that is seriously disrespecting you customers.

Ulfar SOR

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nine Iron.3546

Nine Iron.3546

I am a very casual player with a job and family. I left WoW to come back to the Guild Wars name I grew to love because of the non-grinding casual play. I typically don’t say much about games because I can’t join into all the fun but I have to agree…when an event starts, make a big party of it but repeat it or something. A “one time event” is basically the devs saying, no you must drop your life and show up to get into the fun and prizes….that’s no different than having to be on a game to raid with your guild at a raid time. It takes away the casual aspect and most of the players in the world that aren’t a pimple faced teen with no responsibilities get to watch it on Youtube and sigh in frustration. Anet said they want Guild Wars 2 to be unlike any other game but making me drop life to show up for a game is the same old same old to me! Please Anet…no more 1 time show up or miss out events, or at least give a larger window!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mekat.5012

Mekat.5012

please stop giving these things billions and billions of hp, its not fun.

They have a billion hps because they’re scaled to 50+ lvl80s hammering on them at the same time… if they had their normal hps (eg.. with 2-3 people involved), they’d last what? 5 secs?

Also… yeah. I knew I had some time before I had to go to work this morning (event started at 7am for me), so I managed to join the start, but since there was no indication of how long it was going to take… I was forced to leave for work 1h20m in.

I like GW2 generally, and even enjoyed what I managed to catch of the event (despite not being able to see enemies past a certain range), but really wasn’t impressed with the overall management of the event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

tinni, did you get a chance to do the event?

I did and I also got a legendary pre-cursor. So you can say that I was really lucky and should shut-up about it and its true, I was very lucky this time. But let us consider what’s been happening,

1. One time event on Halloween was just a cinematic – people raged about staying awake and the event being over hyped.

2. One time event this time was a 3 hour test of endurance that wasn’t really enjoyable. Most stuck around because of the sunk cost fallacy, i.e. they had already been around for 1 hour so they were going to stick around. But we were rewarded for our patience with an exotic trinket, an exotic 20 slot bag and 2 random exotics and 2 random rares. Some lucky people got legendary pre-cursors as part of their reward and some really unlucky people crashed out just before the finish and didn’t get anything.

I am fully behind people who put in the effort to get the reward they earned but I am not pro getting rid of timed events because some people can’t make it. I know I won’t always make events but that’s just life.

We could get rid of one time events but I think the game would be poorer for it. But that’s just me.

This was actually a trick we used to use in GW 1. Halloween, Christmas, Dragon Festivals etc had timed events and it was possible to “catch” events by going to a different district. Districts were a bit like the overflows are now only we could select it our selves. So if the event was finished in, for example, American Dis #1, you tried to go to American Dis #99 and were generally able to catch the event. Mind you, the window was usually 30 minutes. But in theory, a more sophisticated version of the same thing deliberately implemented could be used to space one time events out and ensure that people aren’t automatically penalised for living in the “wrong” timezone. I.e. Australia and New Zealand. I mean, I live in the UK now but I am from Australia. We might have the best beaches but we certainly pay steep penalties for having them.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

(edited by Tinni.4351)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

This could be the basis of the solution to the timing of future one-time events for other time-zones or people who can’t make the originally scheduled time…

Everybody only experiences it once. If you decline to join the overflow with the event, then you miss out (possibly add a short timer to allow people to do stuff like clear inventory first if needed). Once the overflow event is complete, players are switched back to their regular server and into the “changed” world.

Might need to put in some anti-exploiting code to avoid letting people pull friends into the overflow (or at least, not let those friends get rewarded if they have already completed the event).

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: BiscaWolf.4237

BiscaWolf.4237

“I was hoping for a response by now’ are we really going to be ignored " I would hope not ’ is not our money good enough or our opinion worth enough to even get a simple reply by a dev "

[Lilith Algais : lvl 80 Mesmer ]
Merc
[Sea of Sorrows ]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mark.3450

Mark.3450

Why do Anet sell this game globally if they do not intend to cater to their global audience? Final event at 6am on a Monday morning for Oceanics? Same thing happened with the Halloween event. Don’t know why you can’t instance the events so that everyone around the world can experience it.

As it stands right now, you’re alienating a chunk of your customer base based on your “concurrency” figures. Until it’s fixed, I’m out. I hope fellow Oceanics follow my lead, then just maybe, you’ll address the issue.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: stillusio.6120

stillusio.6120

I think that this is what irritates me most too. I did the one-time events the other two days, and I sunk two hours into the event today. I got about the rewards that you describe . . . and others put in two hours in the final phase and got a precursor. Awesome.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tijo.9857

Tijo.9857

The question is in the title.

Considering the last event, how hard would it be to make so that you can run as a sort of raid instance that would remain open for some time?

You can limit the chest to one time per account / character, and give people with different time zones / schedules a chance to participate.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: neogico.3298

neogico.3298

plus a million… we here in NZ go to work at 9am on a monday… yea its monday here.

in The Lost Shores

Joseph Skyrim.2470

If they can’t do repeats then maybe they should schedule the next one time event to happen at Oceanic time for a change.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lolitsage.2185

lolitsage.2185

With the mentality they have at the moment, no

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: kaahzvi.3469

kaahzvi.3469

Shame on those people who are completely oblivious to the fact that some people can’t afford to book a whole day off work or skip school and criticize us about complaining.

I was fortunate to be in a timezone that started around the afternoon on a Sunday but my fault was that I assumed it would be a repeatable event throughout the entire day. I spent the night at a friends and got home an hour after the event.

in The Lost Shores

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Why do Anet sell this game globally if they do not intend to cater to their global audience? Final event at 6am on a Monday morning for Oceanics?

If they can’t repeat then I think it would be awesome if their next one-time event was at Oceanic time. Hmm deja vu – I think I just typed this elsewhere. Probably a thread that will be folded into here? :P

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aethersong.5189

Aethersong.5189

Living in Japan, I end up missing all these one time events because they hold them on Sundays in America which is Monday early morning here. Why cant they do just like GW1 and hold the event multiple times throughout a day.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Paranormal Bear.2539

Paranormal Bear.2539

Guild Master – Engineer Bear of Teddy Bears [PAWS].
Come join us in our FA Bear Invasion!
http://toygamers.forumotion.com