No time to participate/different time zone [merged]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Not gonna happen. According to them, they took the timeslot where more people are online. This alone can exclude our timezone (I’m on S.E.A.).

Scrap the entire “one-time events” completely. Be fair. That’s all we are asking. Not like we don’t want to participate due to other commitments – it’s that we “can’t” participate due to schedule.

I know you can’t please everyone, that’s a given but give everyone a chance.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vez Willrage.8163

Vez Willrage.8163

Just a thought: Does other Giant MMO titles ever put oceania players into consideration?

Titles like WoW, Rift, SWTOR etc.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

Just a thought: Does other Giant MMO titles ever put oceania players into consideration?

Titles like WoW, Rift, SWTOR etc.

WoW does, cos they have servers labelled as “Oceanic” where server times are Australian, and events start around 8-9pm.

@OP, More like 4am MONDAY morning, not Sunday.. >.>

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kagetsu.4038

Kagetsu.4038

For the oceanic people to get the one time event done we need wake up at 4am and people that need to work can’t make it at all i don’t know how the rest of oceanic people feel kinda sad.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zelta.6829

Zelta.6829

I don’t think Anet knows where Oceania is…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: cykalu.8471

cykalu.8471

Which part of ’Murica is that?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zartox.8497

Zartox.8497

Why you ask? Well here it is, ready? ok.. we just got home from work and event was finished… I arrived home at 3pm melbourne, AUST time, all happy and what not to enjoy this last event, but no.. all i see is people flashing their 10x precursors they looted by creating new characters an re doing the event, so anet.. well done. Thank You, really.

So.. what is the plan anet? what do we oceanic players get?…. disgusting, think about us too mate… edit- had to re open this thread due to mods deleting it because of words being in caps..

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kragen.2067

Kragen.2067

Arenanet’s Message to its Oceanic Player base is clear – They dont care.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jaric.5679

Jaric.5679

Nice of them to delete the other thread where we expressed our distaste for not even having a chance to participate due to the time it happened.

For New Zealanders it was an 8am event start. If you worked, you were not getting to that event. End of story. I hope this doesn’t happen again, and that they learn from this mistake.

Why not a 24 hour repeating cycle like from GW1? Make the chest lootable only once per account if they are worried about item farming, I’m sure they can manage that. Or they can make the loot far less valuable. I can’t even imagine how many more people would have missed out if the overflow trick didn’t work.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: ghostchipz.2341

ghostchipz.2341

I am so angery right now i Might ask John Key to stop the New Hobbit movie half way through for anyone outside New Zealland grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aurorablue.5163

Aurorablue.5163

Oceanics don’t exist to ArenaNet, so prob no chance there.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rhaegar.2417

Rhaegar.2417

Yeah, why not 24 hours?? I got home from work, and find this… Precursors, 20 slot bags, exotics given out, and not only the loot but missing out on all this epic ‘fight Ancient karka’ stuff, all because of where I live?? 24 hour event next time please Anet.

in The Lost Shores

Jaric.5679

Yeah, since they deleted this thread last time, unless that was the person who posted it that deleted it. Which I doubt.

8am time for the event start in NZ. I work. I had no chance to do it. End of story.

I’ll keep saying this: 24 hour repeating event, just like GW1. If worried about it getting farmed, make the final chest lootable only once by the account, not the character. I know it can be done.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rekuja.6318

Rekuja.6318

I have a legitimate question for you ArenaNet.

Why did we all pay the same amount for this game? one would assume, everyone would be treated equally.. regardless of where in the world you are. If you’re going to shaft Oceanic players EVERY TIME with these stupid events and your stupid decision making, why did we pay the same as Americans?

I’m sorry but holding a one-time-only event and making it go live while everyone in the Oceanic region is either sleeping or getting ready for work/school is a disgusting and very disappointing move on your part.

The only people in our region that got to experience this were those that either don’t work, don’t attend school, had the day off, were sick or somehow exploited the overflow glitch.

This is the first time I have been really disappointed in you ArenaNet… you made an amazing game but you make some really stupid decisions.

Please, think more carefully regarding your next event…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Celesica.5790

Celesica.5790

And you get no chance of having a precursor. So it’s like, if you don’t attend this ONE TIME EVENT, no awesome shinies for you. It’s not even mandatory. :/

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aurorablue.5163

Aurorablue.5163

Very well said.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Riel.2160

Riel.2160

umm did not this event last for like 11 hours?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Reinate.7594

Reinate.7594

just wait for it … they will delete this thread in 3 … 2…. 1

Our opinions dont matter

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Flammable.3612

Flammable.3612

It started at 1:30 am for me and at about 3:30 the crashing/lagging started. Got kicked and decided to go to bed. Woke up and tried to give it a go again . Was lucky enough to get someone to invite me to his party and then the update flashed on our screen. Asians weren’t so lucky either.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Denunci.4796

Denunci.4796

Don’t forget us Asians in the same timezone. We’re from the Philippines, and I woke up at 4am to do the event, and have ad massive problems as well.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Swedish Chef.6082

Swedish Chef.6082

Well, at least you voiced your opinions strongly without bias and gave good reasons for your displeasure. Better than the people who scream about this event ruining the game and that they have serious doubts about the worth of the game without actually defending their stance or taking a look at the game in a longer or broader view than one event, both past and future. As soon as they forget the fun they had during the Halloween event (excluding those morons who broke the bank paying for chest skins and then didn’t understand they were at fault), they found that the game is suddenly horrible and broken all across the board and that ArenaNet (most of them can’t even type out the full name) are incompetents for even releasing the game. You’ve at least shown that you can give them a chance the next time around, and that they can prove you wrong by their actions. Good post.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: FleaKill.4108

FleaKill.4108

Riel, they killed it at the boss for most people.

I wholeheartedly agree with Rekuja. I paid $50 more than the US for my collector’s edition. I figured I’d sunk 700 hours into Guild Wars 1, and Anet deserved my money for such an expensive item.

However now I see how little Anet actually considers, or cares about, those not within reasonable bounds of the PST timezone. The Halloween event had a one time event that little bearing on anything, and that was good. But giving PST players precursors and 20 slot bags and leaving those outside of it with nothing but a ruined economy is cold.

in The Lost Shores

Riel.2160

Riel, they killed it at the boss for most people.

I wholeheartedly agree with Rekuja. I paid $50 more than the US for my collector’s edition. I figured I’d sunk 700 hours into Guild Wars 1, and Anet deserved my money for such an expensive item.

However now I see how little Anet actually considers, or cares about, those not within reasonable bounds of the PST timezone. The Halloween event had a one time event that little bearing on anything, and that was good. But giving PST players precursors and 20 slot bags and leaving those outside of it with nothing but a ruined economy is cold.

fair point
what about that anet post where they said that they are looking for way to compensate players that got DC?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Tale.5241

Tale.5241

Actually I am pretty sure as an Oceanic I paid more for this game. Probably a good 60% more.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Uproller.1849

Uproller.1849

First, a cut scene, now 20 slots bags and a chance for a precursor… well what’s next.

Why did I even pay for this game if my timezone is working against me. Anet, don’t even market your game here if you’re not even going to cater for them.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kitchen.9781

Kitchen.9781

Totally agree its sad that noone from Anet has the decency to reply to the concerns of the community. I payed $280 nz at EB games for collectors edition i didnt recieve any of the items as advertised after the support tickets and no reply its clear Anet dont care about there customers.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Reinate.7594

Reinate.7594

While im upset i missed out on the encounter i decided work was a little more important.

Is the fact i missed out on a precursor going to make me stop the game?
No im not petty.

But ArenaNet really need to stop with this one time event if you miss it too bad for you.
It just Creates rage from so many people.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: FleaKill.4108

FleaKill.4108

fair point
what about that anet post where they said that they are looking for way to compensate players that got DC?

There’s no confirmation as to whether this includes people who got done by the new build- it depends on the way they implement a solution. We could all get screwed.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Grumpy.8365

Grumpy.8365

The problem extends to people in Asia, and anyone who works at night in NA. Or very simply, who had real life concerns at these hours.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rekuja.6318

Rekuja.6318

I should actually correct myself, we DO pay more than American players.. a lot more actually :\

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: grizzlebizzle.9371

grizzlebizzle.9371

Even for PST the timing was not great. I have a hard time believing the servers are at max capacity at noon as opposed to, you know, prime time. Course I wasted hours killing crabs and got nothing other than repair bills cause of crashes and disconnects and then that patch so I guess I would have preferred it was at an even less convenient time for me and I could have avoided all that.

in The Lost Shores

Riel.2160

I should actually correct myself, we DO pay more than American players.. a lot more actually :\

I think every other country pays more than America … : /

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aethersong.5189

Aethersong.5189

These concerns were raised during the first event and Anet has continued to ignore us… Even if they simply had these one time events on Saturday US time at least people on the other side of the world would be able to play. But, it seems like they simply don’t care if we can’t access the content.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Bkwyrm.8413

Bkwyrm.8413

Just like to add my 2 cents.

One time events have NO place in an mmo. This is seriously the stupidest thing I’ve heard of. Now I don’t mind missing a cinema or something (that’s what youtube is for), but an actual event is something else entirely. I shouldn’t even have to go into detail as to why this was a bad idea (bugs, time zones, people that work or have a life, ect).

I’m going to stop now before I start getting insulting. I’m just flabbergasted really.

in The Lost Shores

Jaric.5679

These concerns were raised during the first event and Anet has continued to ignore us… Even if they simply had these one time events on Saturday US time at least people on the other side of the world would be able to play. But, it seems like they simply don’t care if we can’t access the content.

Almost. Sadly, some people are not capable of being awake at times like 4am, and would still miss it. So it’s not a proper solution to a world-wide MMO.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Obiwan.8102

Obiwan.8102

Just like to add my 2 cents.

One time events have NO place in an mmo. This is seriously the stupidest thing I’ve heard of. Now I don’t mind missing a cinema or something (that’s what youtube is for), but an actual event is something else entirely. I shouldn’t even have to go into detail as to why this was a bad idea (bugs, time zones, people that work or have a life, ect).

I’m going to stop now before I start getting insulting. I’m just flabbergasted really.

if i could i’d also add One time events with such stupidly powerful rewards have NO place in an mmo.

Anyone who has missed out is gonna be hurting as a result and NO MMO that i recall not even the mighty WOW with all its events has ever offset event rewards to the point that if u missed out you REALLY missed out.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aethersong.5189

Aethersong.5189

Almost. Sadly, some people are not capable of being awake at times like 4am, and would still miss it. So it’s not a proper solution to a world-wide MMO.

I agree, the best solution would be for these events to repeat through out a day like they did in Guild Wars 1. To me, the is the correct way to do things. Although, as it is now, they seem quite fine not letting half the world participate in these events.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Obiwan.8102

Obiwan.8102

Anet just pulled the plug on several events that were moments from completion … that includes mine … i mean seconds .. minutes from gettin the chest.

so ill add some more how about anet has the competency to monitor events running over servers and simply let them finish League of Legends achieves this feat without fail once every fortnight it simply DOESNT start anythin that cannot be finished.

there is more feedback do not start events if you will not allow the players who have spent several hours participating to finish them!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: akbhx.3027

akbhx.3027

If we are to have one time events they really need to run over a 24 to 36 hour period. People (in all time zones) have things to do like work, school and family. They should not be penalized in such a fashion.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vuce.7982

Vuce.7982

Well looks like I am yet another member of this community that has totally missed out on this final event due to other real life priorities. One time events simply do not work in these kind of games, at least have it repeat a few times over a couple of days to give everyone a chance to take part. How hard would it be to set it up so that players who have already ran the event do not get the loot at the end?

Very disappointed with the way this event was handled, not catering for people in different timezones will lose you customers.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

Thanks for ruining my experience so far. Hell, i even woke up at 6 AM local time to try doing it. Got DC’ed from 2 servers and then the last overflow i was on, got booted by new build and i just wasted 4 hours for nothing, while my map and guild chat is being spammed with people with precursors. Good job, Anet. You just caused an upset among a major section of your people.

Anet just pulled the plug on several events that were moments from completion … that includes mine … i mean seconds .. minutes from gettin the chest.

so ill add some more how about anet has the competency to monitor events running over servers and simply let them finish League of Legends achieves this feat without fail once every fortnight it simply DOESNT start anythin that cannot be finished.

there is more feedback do not start events if you will not allow the players who have spent several hours participating to finish them!

This. Exactly This. First they don’t care about our time zones. Then they start DC’ing people who almost are finishing it. And to top of it all, they release a new build which removes the event even though people like me are still trying despite the Dc’s and the timezone. And he is right. I play Dota 2 and there too, even if a new build comes up, the match goes on and you are not forcefully kicked out unless its over.

BG LA Best LA !!!

(edited by DKNS.2135)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kageru.9124

Kageru.9124

Of course it may well be they enjoy trolling their player-base. Putting valuable drops on a random roll for a one time event is guaranteed tear harvesting.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Phoenix.6735

Phoenix.6735

Hello to people who can’t play GW2 this weekend because…like let’s say because of your grandmother funeral.

Are you enjoying the slap to the face yet?

in The Lost Shores

Vuce.7982

Hello to people who can’t play GW2 this weekend because…like let’s say because of your grandmother funeral.

Are you enjoying the slap to the face yet?

Slap in the face? More like a kick in the nuts.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Immortius.4537

Immortius.4537

I’m am worried that all of these one time events will be held on Monday morning (Oceanic time), given that ArenaNet consider it to be their peak time… but even if they varied the times that would just mean that other parts of the world are forced to miss out.

It is disappointing, because in the past (GW1) an effort was always made for events to be accessible to everyone. If they really can’t repeat (and I would suggest considering whether having one off events is really important when every other event in the game repeats – no one is going to be upset if we drive off the Karka several times over a day) then perhaps consider a chain of a dozen events with each one set off 2 hours apart. As long as someone participates in one event all the way through to completion then send them the main reward at the end.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Deutero.9084

Deutero.9084

thanks for nothing =/ i was pretty upset with the Halloween event, it wasnt a very big thing… just simply run around and talk to ghosts and write it down, and then in the very end you kill the MK thinking it was going to be something awesome (which it was, dont get me wrong) but guess what the end result was for me? toilet paper… thats probubly the worst loot i have ever gotten, even more so from a 1 time only event boss.
which you could do repeatedly by the way…

and now the lost shores event.. i worked pretty much all weekend and my fiance had to tell me about it, all i heard was “dont do it, its bugged” or “wasnt worth the time” which honestly didnt surprise me due to the last 1 time only event. now i love the game and i love the design team, but please… i would rather you not come out with fresh idea’s or events if they are going to be crap. the skins of the shoulder pads were all the same if they are cloth/medium/heavy either way, and the events i heard had nothing but bugs.

the FINAL event literaly was a 1 time only thing, so because of hearing and experiencing being able to kill the MK many times that day, i didnt think anything of it. but THIS EVENT was very much so.. a one time deal. and then after hearing about all the people who had issues with DC’ing and not being able to loot kinda made me upset. and to finish it off, so many people got exotics like the precursors you need for the legendaries. which only makes the people mad who are really working hard for them. im pretty upset with the way these events turned out, like i said i love the game and i think its amazing, but the events… are a major piss off.

long story short. come out with less events that are kitten, and make sure you keep the game awesome.

Sincerely, a pissed off gamer with a life outside the game.

Honestly, if you want to play, you play! Have you not heard of the gamer phrase “sleep is for the weak” it has been coined for a reason. In my time zone, the event started at 1:30am and, the overflow server I was in, managed to finish it at 4am. I stayed up, I had a blast, I got okay’ish loot (being lvl 54, I received lvl 62 weapons). But I’m part of the progression of the story and I’m happy. Stop whining and man up!

in The Lost Shores

Vuce.7982

thanks for nothing =/ i was pretty upset with the Halloween event, it wasnt a very big thing… just simply run around and talk to ghosts and write it down, and then in the very end you kill the MK thinking it was going to be something awesome (which it was, dont get me wrong) but guess what the end result was for me? toilet paper… thats probubly the worst loot i have ever gotten, even more so from a 1 time only event boss.
which you could do repeatedly by the way…

and now the lost shores event.. i worked pretty much all weekend and my fiance had to tell me about it, all i heard was “dont do it, its bugged” or “wasnt worth the time” which honestly didnt surprise me due to the last 1 time only event. now i love the game and i love the design team, but please… i would rather you not come out with fresh idea’s or events if they are going to be crap. the skins of the shoulder pads were all the same if they are cloth/medium/heavy either way, and the events i heard had nothing but bugs.

the FINAL event literaly was a 1 time only thing, so because of hearing and experiencing being able to kill the MK many times that day, i didnt think anything of it. but THIS EVENT was very much so.. a one time deal. and then after hearing about all the people who had issues with DC’ing and not being able to loot kinda made me upset. and to finish it off, so many people got exotics like the precursors you need for the legendaries. which only makes the people mad who are really working hard for them. im pretty upset with the way these events turned out, like i said i love the game and i think its amazing, but the events… are a major piss off.

long story short. come out with less events that are kitten, and make sure you keep the game awesome.

Sincerely, a pissed off gamer with a life outside the game.

Honestly, if you want to play, you play! Have you not heard of the gamer phrase “sleep is for the weak” it has been coined for a reason. In my time zone, the event started at 1:30am and, the overflow server I was in, managed to finish it at 4am. I stayed up, I had a blast, I got okay’ish loot (being lvl 54, I received lvl 62 weapons). But I’m part of the progression of the story and I’m happy. Stop whining and man up!

Everything that’s wrong with this community. Stop whining and man up? Really? So what about the “boys” who have to take their kids to school in the morning, or the “boys” who actually have to work for a living? Haven’t heard such an elitist and arrogant comment in a while.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aithnea.5671

Aithnea.5671

Hello Arenanet, as an employed Australian player I greatly appreciate having no chance to participate in your one time event with potential fantastic rewards.

Thanks SO MUCH for running your events this way hey. Keep up the discriminatory work!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: SmokinDan.8145

SmokinDan.8145

As an Aussie this is just disgusting Anet. I did not have chance at all to attend the event (like 1 – 4am local time).

I had work in the morning.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: pai.1704

pai.1704

Please consider non-US players.