'One time" event game some people 500+ gold

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dware.4259

Dware.4259

So i was gone for the weekend visiting family and come back to see this..

Some people that were lucky enough to have nothing to do last weekend and open a chest got 1-3 precusors worth 200-300 gold plus all kinds of loot.

Around 50% of people in my guild got atleast one precursor legendary item worth 200 gold.

So because i miss one weekend others have up to 500 gold more than me?

What is this garbage?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

The event lag, the disconnects the fact that it was one time only (during a small window) all suck.

However, I doubt half of your guild got precursors. Also the value of all precursors has dropped dramatically due to the influx.

I 100% agree that the event left a lot of people high and dry, but lets not exaggerate to this degree.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mirage.2597

Mirage.2597

Another classic example of people posting out and out lies

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Vegas.5790

Vegas.5790

I agree the event was laggy and drawn out, but with the way Anet has been tight on drop rates, there’s no way 50% of any group got precursors.

I saw ONE guy show the precursor he got in the group I was in and there were lots of people posting. Personally, I got the shell/box like everyone plus a couple rares and exotics.

(edited by Vegas.5790)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

These are not lies.

The chest could be opened by alts. Many players planned ahead for this and parked 4 alts near where the chest would be on other overflows, and proceeded to loot the chest 4-5 times after it was completed.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

People who got one of the better pre-cursors immediately got a 150 – 250g boost. The average player got less than 10g in loot. I personally got about 8g, not including the Shell and 20 slot bag.

How to do think all the commanders you see around go that title? By gambling for pre-cursors, the average unlucky player takes months to acquire 100g.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

…Around 50% of people in my guild got atleast one precursor legendary item worth 200 gold….

I suspect that means your guild is either full of players who camped the top of the nest with alts and over-looted the chest, or it’s full of liars.

Either way I’d consider changing guilds.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mirage.2597

Mirage.2597

Oh no question about it , Lies
“Around 50% of people in my guild got atleast one precursor legendary item worth 200 gold.”

Yes some in my guild ran alts also , One Precursor my guild got , Around 50% Lies

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

These are not lies.

The chest could be opened by alts. Many players planned ahead for this and parked 4 alts near where the chest would be on other overflows, and proceeded to loot the chest 4-5 times after it was completed.

Nope. When you tried to log in the chest was not there. I know, many people tried, all had the same result.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

FYI -most- commanders get their title by everyone in the guild donating small amounts of gold towards the 100g necessary. Few commanders actually bought the title themselves.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Belthasar.7509

Belthasar.7509

It was:

Event on main, loot chest
Log on alt
Do event on alt, loot chest
Log on another alt
Rinse and Repeat

**Providing you find an overflow that was still doing the event.

Overall, some people <10g some people 100+

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

Sheesh – They added a random chance to get an awesome item – deal with it? I wasn’t lucky enough to get one either, but what’s the big deal? You can still go out there, farm the item, and get it yourself – ArenaNet has been trying to make the gap closer between those with legendaries and those unwilling to make the grind, this is probably just a step in that direction and I would bet if Anet does it once, they’ll do it again – so look for more opportunities in the future.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

Gold is “precious” in this game — it goes a lot easier than it comes — so I wouldn’t think less of anyone that took advantage of this situation. However, by allowing such easy-access to potential “riches”, ANet is also undermining any of its gold-sinks — for the sake of assisting customers with their precusors. The result? Customers are still displeased, but for different reasons.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

Always going to have dissatisfied customers – can’t please everyone.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

I don’t see what the big deal is, while I was lucky enough to get a precursor in the chest, if I didn’t…so what…people are complaining about 8G drops. I can tell you that 50% of my group (~60 people) did not receive precursors. Many were posting and I think I was the only one who posted one. Gimme a break, while I already had 25G in the bank I would have been just as happy. In fact I was more excited about the box and the accessory. For those in inconvenient time zones, I agree that it could have been handled better…perhaps rolled out to the servers in those regions at a different time. For those who had other plans and couldn’t play, get over it, such is life and it’s only a game. I nearly had company for the weekend and they luckily canceled, but if they did, oh well!!

My biggest hope is that the influx of exotics with actually lower the trading post price to a more reasonable level because they are extremely over priced at the moment.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: grizzlebizzle.9371

grizzlebizzle.9371

If half the players got precursors they would not be worth anything in the TP. It is not like everybody would even want to buy a precursor off there because there is a ton more that goes into building the legendary. They were not that common of a drop. Maybe 5%.

Also nobody made 500g off it. 100g? Sure. 500g? No. The prices dropped through the floor as soon as the event was over. And very few people got more than one precursor. At most if they were very lucky and did the event a few times on overflows they might have had 2. Any more than that I don’t believe.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

If half the players got precursors they would not be worth anything in the TP. It is not like everybody would even want to buy a precursor off there because there is a ton more that goes into building the legendary. They were not that common of a drop. Maybe 5%.

Also nobody made 500g off it. 100g? Sure. 500g? No. The prices dropped through the floor as soon as the event was over. And very few people got more than one precursor. At most if they were very lucky and did the event a few times on overflows they might have had 2. Any more than that I don’t believe.

90% true. i highly doubt anyone made 500g of it unless they got dusk twice or something. anyways you forgot to factor in those who A got a precursor and kept it to get a legendary, B got a precursor without knowing what it was and treated it like a normal exotic maybe equipped it, salvaged it, or threw it in the forge (the irony in that last part is alot), and C those who got a precursor but cannot afford listing price to sell it for w/e reason.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

It was possible to get 500g yeah sure it was , if you could rush it like crazy.

I got pretty much nothing other than the unique rewards , i mean yeah 4exos+4rares(actually managed to complete it 2 times , the others my PC failed) … awesome right? nah i got more during halloween by far.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

For those in inconvenient time zones, I agree that it could have been handled better…perhaps rolled out to the servers in those regions at a different time. For those who had other plans and couldn’t play, get over it, such is life and it’s only a game. I nearly had company for the weekend and they luckily canceled, but if they did, oh well!!

I think I know why they are doing this (not saying I agree, but there is no “right” answer). Personally I think they should also something similar to this. I think the reason they don’t is for a couple of reasons:
1) If someone in an earlier time zone does the event, they see the rewards and then someone from a later time zone can find this out and then it’d be a bit more unfair. People from later time zones could judge if the reward was worth the investment, compared to those from the earlier time zones who’d be the gunnie pigs. [still I think this is better than excluding the whole time zone]
2) People would try to server hop to do the event more than once. [though someone in a different thread already said, just lock server hopping during these types of events.]
3) People will still complain regardless of what ANet decides to do. I’ve seen people say they want the Daily to be changed to a Weekly, just because they can’t play everyday. I’ve seen people say make one time events run a week or even a whole month just because they’re busy and have other life commitments at that time.

That being said, you’re right, it is a game. Maybe one person on my overflow posted a precursor they got. It’s a game. I play the game either by myself or with friends for the fun of it. Heck, I solo’ed gw1; I try to look at gw2 the same way as any other normal game/RPG, not as a MMO. Play it because it’s fun and for the story. If I can’t make a one time event, oh well. If there was a good reward, I’ll be a little annoyed, but get over it because real life comes first.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Some people that were lucky enough to have nothing to do last weekend and open a chest got 1-3 precusors worth 200-300 gold plus all kinds of loot.

Hahaha. Think about what you’re saying. If it were at all true those weapons would have crashed in price to like 10 gold within a few hours. Most people got exotics, but that doesn’t mean precursor.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: DownyTif.2140

DownyTif.2140

So what OP? They won’t better than me in WvW or PvP. Yep, their sword (or whatever) will be more unique, same stats. It’s cosmetic. I’ll still enjoy the same game I play since launch, precursor or not.

Fenris Snowborn – 80 Guardian
MadCast Gaming [MCG] [SoR]

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

For the record, precursors don’t go for 2-300 gold anymore. I think the most expensive one on the TP is around 180g.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Dware.4259

Dware.4259

For the record, precursors don’t go for 2-300 gold anymore. I think the most expensive one on the TP is around 180g.

I have been playing 3 months and dont have ANYWHERE near 180 gold…

I think its insane people have that much gold, obviously people are buying gems with real money.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

I think its insane people have that much gold, obviously people are buying gems with real money.

or they are better at making gold than you are.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rack.4930

Rack.4930

I got about 8s and a 20 slot bag for my time and it was a crappy, crappy event. Don’t feel too bad about missing out, it’s all luck of the draw.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

My guild had maybe 20 people who got to finish the event, some multiple times, we got 3 precursors. Total amount of loot was about 250g after the event was over but this is still stupid how a 1 time event can do this.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in The Lost Shores

Leamas.5803

or they are better at making gold than you are.

I know a guy who day-trades dyes. He knows what he’s doing and can easily make 10G in a day…that adds up quick.

in The Lost Shores

Barfoi.9537

Well, gold also comes/goes fairly quickly between all of the sinks. I’ve gambled with the Mystic Forge here/there, but despite casually netting hundreds of gold, after the urges of supporting our characters (wife and I) with the gem-shop, sets of gear, and much more, we have less than 100g in our banks ourselves. Of course, I rather spend/enjoy than re-invest, so it’s not terribly difficult to assume that others (whom enjoy reinvesting frequently) have accumulated thousands of gold.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Calling the OP a liar is a little rash.
He could have a guild with 2 people in it.

in The Lost Shores

Leamas.5803

Well, gold also comes/goes fairly quickly between all of the sinks. I’ve gambled with the Mystic Forge here/there, but despite casually netting hundreds of gold, after the urges of supporting our characters (wife and I) with the gem-shop, sets of gear, and much more, we have less than 100g in our banks ourselves. Of course, I rather spend/enjoy than re-invest, so it’s not terribly difficult to assume that others (whom enjoy reinvesting frequently) have accumulated thousands of gold.

Exactly, when you reach level 80 EVERYTHING is expensive. Hell, it costs 3-4 silver just to teleport across the map and well over a silver to go to a waypoint if you’re downed…even if you’re right next to it. A couple hundred gold is bugger all and can quickly be spent. I don’t see the point in the legendaries, they are uber expensive to make and really only support one type of character build. There is no legendary that will support my condition damage necro, so the ~2-4G exotics I have are much better.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Velocity.4950

Velocity.4950

others log on for 5min, get more than i earned since release, i love Anet…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

How long you’ve played doesn’t mean anything. I’ve been playing almost every day since the first day of headstart and I don’t even have a level 80 character yet. Other people started after me and have multiple level 80’s and are well on the way to getting a legendary.

How many hours a day you spend on the game and what you do with it makes a big, big difference.

As for the precursors I have to agree with the people saying relatively few people got them, but it was enough to drop the price noticably so unless you sold it quickly it wasn’t as profitable as it might seem.

But claims like 50% of one guild getting them? I think that has to be a lie. Like the people in GW1 posting cryptic comments about secret techniques that allowed most of their guild to get a mini polar bear.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Rieshaus.7486

Rieshaus.7486

To many people in Wvw and Events (Culling, Lags)
People crying about Nightcapping in WvW
People crying about Itemprogress

Solution: Just kitten enough people off. People playing in Asia/Australia, people who get kicked, their chest in their reach, people who don’t were lucky, and are still “poor” and can not pay the prices anymore: Half quit – Problems solved.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Let’s not exaggerate what happened. To get the event chest, you had to get credit for the final event. You couldn’t just logon for five minutes. The chest included:

• 2 rares (at character level)
  • 2 exotics (at character level) — tiny chance of named item, smaller chance for precursor
  • an account-bound 20-slot bag (would cost ~11g to buy your own)
  • an account-bound trinket, L80 (might cost ~2g to get your own)

So:

1. People who couldn’t play: 0
  2. People who lagged out: 0
  3. People who logged on for five minutes: 0
  4. Vast majority of participants: 2-10g in marketable goods + 13g in account-bound items
  5. Tiny number of participants: 100g+ in marketable items + 13g in account-bound items

One could argue that ANet created an unfair situation for the first three groups or one could take the point of view that ANet helped convert less than 1% of the 99% into one-percenters themselves.

(I didn’t happen to be one of those people.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Thaiden.3487

Thaiden.3487

^ This guy has ZERO clue what he’s talking about.

How about giving us a good opporunity to experience the content we paid for and not fencing it off to a select group of players?
Meow.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

Let’s not exaggerate what happened. To get the event chest, you had to get credit for the final event. You couldn’t just logon for five minutes. The chest included:

• 2 rares (at character level)
  • 2 exotics (at character level) — tiny chance of named item, smaller chance for precursor
  • an account-bound 20-slot bag (would cost ~11g to buy your own)
  • an account-bound trinket, L80 (might cost ~2g to get your own)

So:

1. People who couldn’t play: 0
  2. People who lagged out: 0
  3. People who logged on for five minutes: 0
  4. Vast majority of participants: 2-10g in marketable goods + 13g in account-bound items
  5. Tiny number of participants: 100g+ in marketable items + 13g in account-bound items

One could argue that ANet created an unfair situation for the first three groups or one could take the point of view that ANet helped convert less than 1% of the 99% into one-percenters themselves.

(I didn’t happen to be one of those people.)

everything you said was wrong. if you park your guy where the chest spawns you can get it.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in The Lost Shores

Barfoi.9537

Let’s not exaggerate what happened.

I pushed-forward through the eventual lag that literally left me a spectator for 30~ minutes, and I fortunately only disconnected several times prior to the final battle, but despite being able to finish the event and loot the chest, it does not change the enormous issues surrounding the event. Events should not have these technical issues — they (ANet) “screwed up” — and it should not be marginalized. It’s not a good “business image” to project.